Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Ended up taking it off as other nails started peeling too. :mad:

You could probably all hear me swearing when I was taking the polish off my ring fingers as I had the NYC lights, camera, glitter polish on those.

Won't be wearing it for a while methinks, took about 10 mins to get the polish of those two nails alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Wearing this today. Avon Nailwear Pro in Violetta Sparkle. Gorgeous colour :D

KPiVr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Here are my navy inspired nails. :p I used Gosh's Deep Sea Blue which is a gorgeous colour, I keep staring at my nails whenever I'm wearing it! For the anchor I used a golden nail art pen by Rio.

209506.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Wearing this today: Mavala-Riga.This is so sheer i had to put on 4 coats to get any opaqueness! and even at that you can still see my white tip of my nails! Grand for work though :)

GlqfE.jpg
    source:http://viquesvarnish.blogspot.ie/2011/04/mavala-riga.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Got a Topshop nail polish today, in Gypsy Night. Ohmygod it's such a pretty polish!

5349130474_a750c0d474.jpg

Pic from A Vain Woman blog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Currently wearing Opening Night by Sephora by OPI

100_1684.JPG

Not my pic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Hey all! I'm wearing Barry M Berry Ice Cream. Gorgeous polish but not really suited to the weather :P I took the picture a few days ago (hence the sun:rolleyes: )

2-Barry+m+berry+ice+cream+nail+polish+swatch+2.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I just bought

China Glaze Pink Plumeria (from the SUmmer Neons collection which I love and want to get more from!)

China-Glaze-Pink-Plumeria.jpg

China_Glaze_Summer_Neons_2012_promo_bottles.jpg

Essie Baby's Breath

Essie+Baby%C2%B4s+Breath+2.JPG

And CND Solar Oil

cnd-solar-oil.jpg

(not my pics)

Where can you buy China Glaze?

lizt wrote: »
    Where can you buy China Glaze?

I bought it on ebay. Including shipping, it's just over 6 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Pythia wrote: »
    I just bought

China Glaze Pink Plumeria (from the SUmmer Neons collection which I love and want to get more from!)

I just got this one too! Well, in the CG Summer Neon 8 pack off of Trans Design.. And I'm wearing it now, love this color! I think Pink Plumeria is my favorite from the whole collection. ;)

Anyone know where to buy Orly nail polishes? I've never seen them in shops and I really want to get the new glitter polishes. :eek:

suomi wrote: »
    Anyone know where to buy Orly nail polishes? I've never seen them in shops and I really want to get the new glitter polishes. :eek:

Sorry to sound like a broken record but I got my Orly from ebay.

Pythia wrote:

Thanks! I've never bought anything from Ebay before but I might give it a go now. This might be a stupid question but do you buy from the American Ebay or the UK one?

Pythia wrote: »

Would you mind PMing me the name of the china glaze seller? Thanks!

I bought a new Model's Own nail polish today called Purple Imperial. It needed three coats like all Model's Own polishes I have. I also put on H&M Flamingo Pink for extra bling. :p

209766.jpg

My camera isn't great for picking up all the colours correctly, it's a lot brighter and warmer in real life.

I decided to repaint my nails right away. :o This one isn't a proper brand, or a well known one anyway. The colour doesn't even have a name, it's just called 541. :p It's such a gorgeous colour, it has very subtle golden and turquoise shimmer in it. Very pretty I think, reminds me of a mermaid or a peacock! Ignore the nail polish all over my fingers. :p

209780.jpg

I should probably stop spamming this thread with my pictures and start a blog or something. :o

Thanks! I've never bought anything from Ebay before but I might give it a go now. This might be a stupid question but do you buy from the American Ebay or the UK one?

I go onto ebay.ie and look at the worldwide sellers. Then you know they are happy to ship to Ireland. If you go to ebay.com, you will find a lot of sellers will only ship to the US.

Look hard and you will find brand name polishes very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MissMoppet

Has anyone tried the new Barry M Chameleon Nail Polish? It looked pretty cool but a wee bit pricy if it isn't worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

MissMoppet wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the new Barry M Chameleon Nail Polish? It looked pretty cool but a wee bit pricy if it isn't worth it.

I haven't tried them but after seeing swatches I don't really like them. Plus you can't use a topcoat with them which is a bit silly.

Wearing this now :)

China Glaze - Traffic Jam - Photo from Nailpolishlove.com

china-glaze-traffic-jam.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

musical.x wrote: »
    I haven't tried them but after seeing swatches I don't really like them. Plus you can't use a topcoat with them which is a bit silly.

totally agree. I didnt really grasp these as it rather not go without a top coat!

Pythia that pink china glaze is stunning!!

FYI Barry m are giving away free nail polishes if you spend over 8 euro on any of their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Angel8ie

Wearing this really summery baby blue polish today. It's a miss sporty one and I picked it up in boots for a couple of euro. (sorry for the quality of the pic)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Currently wearing this Shellac shade - Rubble. Photo from Curls n Pearls blog

Mani-Monday-CND-Shellac-Rubble-Swatch-Photo-1.jpg

lizt wrote: »
    FYI Barry m are giving away free nail polishes if you spend over 8 euro on any of their stuff.
    Which nail polish are they giving away?
    Angel8ie wrote: »
    Wearing this really summery baby blue polish today. It's a miss sporty one and I picked it up in boots for a couple of euro. (sorry for the quality of the pic)
    Lovely colour, where did you get your ring? It's gorgeous!

I was a little tipsy last night and having been so well behaved for ages I went on eBay and on a little nail varnish binge (please tell me I am not the only one who does this?!).
    I ordered myself the opi amazing spiderman mini set I am Dying for it to arrive now!!

Which nail polish are they giving away?

Lovely colour, where did you get your ring? It's gorgeous!

Thanks very much :) my confession is that I bougth the polish to match the ring, ha ha! Any excuse to buy more polish, eh? I got it from here. It was only €4, can you believe it! I got a lovely purple one too. Ill do purple polish next and show you :)

I was a little tipsy last night and having been so well behaved for ages I went on eBay and on a little nail varnish binge (please tell me I am not the only one who does this?!).
    I ordered myself the opi amazing spiderman mini set I am Dying for it to arrive now!!

unfortunately i do this ALL the time, ha! did you order anything else nice?

• Advertisement

Phew glad its not just me! The opi turquoise one from the Texas collection have been drooling over it for ages! I need to clear out some old ones it's getting ridiculous

I bought catrice attractive camouflage last week but gave it to a colleague as it didn't suit my skin tone at all and had a horrid yellow under tone on me :( looked way better on porcelain skinnned colleague

I'm loving the ciate polish i got free in Marie Clare though :)

Advertisement