Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I didnt realise we could get these in Ireland. How long have you been doing it? And how much in euros does it work out at including delivery?
    The amount would vary each time as it depends on how the Euro/sterling do against each other in the exchange rates.

I just checked in my PayPal and £12.95 Sterling is €15.24, but tomorrow it may be 10cents or two euro more expensive or less, it's all down to the exchange rates on the day you decide to purchase. Although there would not be a dramatic difference.

At the moment in the U.K one euro will cost you £0.87 sterling and in Ireland one pound sterling will cost you €1.14.
    Could this one be a good dupe for Rimmels Zeitgeist (discontinued:() but without the the greeny/gold?

Both have a good shimmer.
    I've never heard of that Rimmel one you mentioned Dr, Evil, but looking on Google, Zeitgeist looks to be a lighter colour, and also a green/gold/pink metallic, whereas Stella is a metallic plum.

http://beautyjudy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/zeitgeist.jpg - Zeitgeist

http://vintageortacky.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/china-glaze-stella-1.jpg - Stella

In those two pictures, if you zoom in, you can see the difference in colour.

Nubar Purple Beach looks to be closer in colour to Zeitgeist

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_K6aNxKCoGtA/TItOjNiTX0I/AAAAAAAAAnM/6ynRgsnF3xM/s1600/nubar+purple+beach.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2wFUrFCaaYM/Tc5ZhHrWMGI/AAAAAAAADmw/pzhcDSWfoz4/s1600/pube+d.jpg - Nubar Purple Beach

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WzGzZ7Rp8Q8/TahQ_ZFiQQI/AAAAAAAAAEs/ngtYW8MyeYo/s1600/IMG_6709.JPG - Zeitgeist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Could this one be a good dupe for Rimmels Zeitgeist (discontinued:() but without the the greeny/gold?

Both have a good shimmer.
    Zeitgeist used to be my favourite polish when I was younger! Still think I have a bottle of it at home somewhere... CG Stella does look pretty similar to how Zeitgeist looked when it shone purple imo, going by P_B's post :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    This will explain it. http://www.glossybox.co.uk/

I think it's a great idea :)

woah... so tempted

Wearing Essie Coat Azure now.

coatazure1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Rimmel's Desire
    rimmel-desire2-copy.jpg

Loooove this color, especially for fall/winter. And the brushes are nifty, too.

pic from google

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Started a nail course today. Cant wait to get stuck in now to doing sets of nails. Hope I'm good at it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Rimmel's Desire

Loooove this color, especially for fall/winter. And the brushes are nifty, too.

pic from google

That colour is gorgeous. I wish every nail varnish had a brush like those, they're my absolute favourite!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

Have fun trying to get it off !

Haha it proved quite difficult! Even the trusty tinfoil method didn't work as well as usual!

Absolutely loved it though. Here it is layered over Black Pearl and Blue Vogue, both by Rimmel

DSCN8794.JPG

And here it is with Essence Blue Ray and Catrice's My Milkyway sponged over it, as well as a layer of Galaxy by Revlon.

DSCN8801.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I've been wanting to try leopard print nails for ages but never had the time until now.
    The colours I used are Nails Inc in Stables Market, Essie in Lovie Dovie and Nails Inc in Black Taxi.

(You can see my cuticles are stained orange from my last mani :P)

How do you make the small black outlines? Does it look ok when you use your left hand to paint the right? I love leopard print!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Pythia wrote: »
    How do you make the small black outlines? Does it look ok when you use your left hand to paint the right? I love leopard print!

I tried using the brush that came with the polish - I flattened the bristles against the neck of the bottle then used the side of the brush to do the spots but I found this method really slow and it didn't look great.

So I took the brush from my Essence French tip painter (€2 or €3 in Penneys I think) and dipped it in the black polish.

I found the best way to paint the spots was to do 5 small spots around the coloured spot and roughly join then together.

My right hand looked fine, the beauty of leopard print is it doesn't have to look too perfect to look good. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I tried using the brush that came with the polish - I flattened the bristles against the neck of the bottle then used the side of the brush to do the spots but I found this method really slow and it didn't look great.

So I took the brush from my Essence French tip painter (€2 or €3 in Penneys I think) and dipped it in the black polish.

I found the best way to paint the spots was to do 5 small spots around the coloured spot and roughly join then together.

My right hand looked fine, the beauty of leopard print is it doesn't have to look too perfect to look good. ;)

Thanks so much! Must try this soon! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

ELF - Smokey Brown

6262072999_185d5df41c.jpg

Has anyone seen a really chunky rainbow glitter polish in their perusings? I am utterly in love with Rainbow Connections from the OPI Muppets line but a) not out yet & b) probably going to cost the guts of €20 when it is & I get a little sad pain in my heart every time I see it
    rainbowconnection.jpg

Hope it's ok to quote this pic cos it's my own and also I got it today!!! Ridiculously good day for me, got my china glaze ruby slippers & dollhouse in the post this morning (thanks again PurpleBobbin, that seller was fab). Then I was nipping into Sally's on Drury street to replace the seche vite I smashed on Friday night when I decided to do my nails after a bottle of wine (gah!! bad idea) and they had all the muppets polishes and loads & loads of new season stuff from OPI & China Glaze. Wouldn't normally spend anything like €12 on a nail polish but I feckin' love this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

my rainbow mani :) every colour is two coats except for the crackle. no top coat either. lasted the week without any chips.

musical.x wrote: »
    my rainbow mani :) every colour is two coats except for the crackle. no top coat either. lasted the week without any chips.
    That is class! What polishes did you use for it?

That is class! What polishes did you use for it?
    awh thanks! :o
    i used catrice blue cara ciao, run forest run green,
    Fabulous:OMP! pink and atomic orange,
    Hot looks lemon soda yellow,
    barry m peach melba and Miss sporty crackle polish in black.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

ELF - Smokey Brown

I love that colour, but I found it chips very easily, even with base and top coat:(. So far, of the ELF polishes I have, the Dark Navy and Chocolate have given the best results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Picked this up at a chemist in town today:
    starterkit.jpg

I can't wait to try it out. But I work in a deli so nail polish is a big no-no so roll on my day off tuesday!!

I also picked up some L.A Colours Art Deco nail art pens while I was in New Zealand, they were 3 for $10 which is roughly about 5 euro.
    I got Black, White and Blue (not my picture, hence the yellow one :P);

d_8750.jpg

While I was over in NZ as well I found all sorts of stands for colour club and Essie. Unfortunately I thought the Colour Club would be cheaper at my second destination but it turned out to be twice the price (Was $7 a bottle in Auckland vs $15 in Dunedin :( ) and I didnt end up going back to the first place before I came back to Ireland, sadness.

Just went and bought loads of make up/nail polish online :o

China Glaze Senorita Bonita (someone posted a pic of this on here recently and I thought it was so pretty!)

small-5452.jpg

Orly La Playa (a lovely colour for the winter months I think!)

orly_vivacollection013.jpg

and Orly Fiesta (<3 this)

small-4682.jpg

Got them on beautyemporium.ie - CG was €5.95 and the Orly were €8 each.

Your Text Here the blue is lovely!

• Advertisement

Just went and bought loads of make up/nail polish online :o

China Glaze Senorita Bonita (someone posted a pic of this on here recently and I thought it was so pretty!)

http://stephscloset.com/blog/images/photos/small-5452.jpg

Orly La Playa (a lovely colour for the winter months I think!)

http://www.temptalia.com/images/summer2010/orly_vivacollection013.jpg

Got them on beautyemporium.ie - CG was €5.95 and the Orly were €8 each.
    Love these two.

Orly La Playa looks similar to Essence Cool and the Gang (which is a bit lighter in colour), which I had, but now can't find and their multi dimension nail polishes are nowhere to be found:(

DSC08085.jpg

China Glaze Dollhouse with little ceramic flowers. The camera on my phone is rubbish (rip nice camera that died recently, why did you leave me, whyyy) so you can't see how sparkly this is. I have little, tasteful, blush pink discoballs on my fingers! Even my boyfriend, who at this stage is blind to the many mad things I paint onto my fingers, randomly remarked that it was pretty. And then asked if he could sniff the bottle, I think I have him semi addicted to nail varnish fumes (not really)

sparklynails.jpg

btw - that's a tiny apple, I don't have big giant maulers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

musical.x wrote: »

Amazing - wish I had nails that long :( and the cop to do something like that!

Amazing - wish I had nails that long :( and the cop to do something like that!
    awh thanks!:D its the longest my nails have ever been. its actually so easy! even if your stripes arent even the crackle makes it looks perfect.
    give it a go :) i just used the polish brush for the stripes-i dont have any nail art tools :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Omg, MissFlitworth, your nails are so cute! I want them!

Novella wrote: »
    Omg, MissFlitworth, your nails are so cute! I want them!

Aw thank you :) I have to say I love the little flowers to bits, pity they keep getting snagging on things but they're worth having to scratch my back with a pencil

Wearing O.P.I Senorita Rose-alita, love it :D

DSC_5803.jpg

Picked this up at a chemist in town today:

how much was the konad set and in which chemist did you buy it?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

So I finally made a trip out to Ulta (it's like a much more laid back Sephora) and picked up China Glaze's Turned Up Turquoise ($7 each)

China+Glaze+-+Turned+Up+Turquoise+%25282%2529.JPG
    and Sex on the Beach

cg-sex-on-the-beach-shade.jpg

And because I bought 2 China Glaze polishes I got a Seche Vite top coat for free! ($10)
    RB-108151-2T.jpg

images from google!

EDIT: Ok, so after putting on the turquoise one, I am not sure if I like it or it's just TOO neon for me... Defo a summer color, though. The Sex on the Beach is gorgeous! And I don't even like pink, but I'm glad I got this one! It's like candy on my fingers! Also, I understand now why everyone raves about Seche Vite... that top coat is amazing! My nails feel so shiny and smooth, and I'm pretty sure they dried faster :)

• Advertisement

LOVE the Turned Up Turquoise! It's such an unusual colour :)

Advertisement