Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭EraseAndRewind

im a long term nail biter but after seeing all your lovely nails im going to try and stop nibbling!

i bought 'petit four as a desert' (strange name?!) from the Ultimate Nudes collection by Catrice today

i really really like it -after two coats the colour is rich but still very subtle

will def be trying more from the range

it doesnt photograph very well but i tried to show the colour the best i could :o318662_2552331731486_1349677894_32990058_1565981767_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Essence+Make+It+Golden+2l+close-up.jpg
    LOVE THIS, I am a magpie, pic stolen from the net cos I've terrible nails!

It's essence, make it golden. I think its a new one.

I also love this one from essence, it's space queen! However, I've only a wee bit left and I'm finding it hard to get my hands on

IMG_5358.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Wearing this colour today, camera doesn't want to upload tonight so got this pic off google, mine is exactly the same colour, I added a topcoat and it's absolutely gorgeous, one of my most favourite glitters ever and will definitely buy Models Own polishes again.

Models Own, Magenta Divine:
    Models%20Own%20Magenta%20Divine.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Picked up some China Glaze for the first time today

Awakening (from Did Someone Say Nail Polish? blog)

China+Glaze+-+Awakening+011.jpg

Senorita Bonita (from Beauty Junkies Unite blog)

China-Glaze-Senorita-Bonita-Swatch.jpg

Loft-y Ambitions (from Nailstah blog)

China-Glaze-Loft-y-Ambitions-225x300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

That Essence - Blue Addicted was an absolute nightmare to get off! I was thanking my lucky stars last night that I only had it on one nail per hand! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Balls I have it on right now! Eeek!

Novella wrote: »
    That Essence - Blue Addicted was an absolute nightmare to get off! I was thanking my lucky stars last night that I only had it on one nail per hand! :pac:

I used the foil method & it came off okay - took that Models Own Magenta Divine polish off last night...... you could all probably hear me swearing?! A HALF BOTTLE of Nail Polish remover. 20 cotton pads. 5 cotton buds. Foil didn't work. Murderous, it'll be a while before I wear that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Glitter polish is an absolute pain to take off. Thats the main reason I don't buy it, despite all the fantastic colours and looks.

I used the foil method & it came off okay - took that Models Own Magenta Divine polish off last night...... you could all probably hear me swearing?! A HALF BOTTLE of Nail Polish remover. 20 cotton pads. 5 cotton buds. Foil didn't work. Murderous, it'll be a while before I wear that again.

Yeah, I used cotton wool last night and it was just being ripped to pieces by the glitter. I was practically tearing my hair out 'cause I was getting ready to go out and was in a bit of a rush! Total nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Julio__Bitchez

Barry M Beery with an Essence nail stick...sorry for crappy webcam quality!

photoon20111015at1935.th.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

The foil method for taking off glitter polishes works for me. I did it on the Facets of Fuschia polish and it worked like a charm! Just let it soak in for 5 minutes or something, otherwise you'll give yourself an unnecessary headache :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Can someone elaborate on the foil method as above, I got both the glitter polishes above.. Bum to try and get off!

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Can someone elaborate on the foil method as above, I got both the glitter polishes above.. Bum to try and get off!

I'm not 100% sure what it is but if you check YouTube, there are vids on it. I think you just soak cotton wool in nail varnish remover, press it on your nail and then wrap in tin foil for a few minutes?

Someone did post a vid about it in this thread a while ago too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I've been wanting to try leopard print nails for ages but never had the time until now.
    The colours I used are Nails Inc in Stables Market, Essie in Lovie Dovie and Nails Inc in Black Taxi.

6247573058_c125576264.jpg

(You can see my cuticles are stained orange from my last mani :P)

^ That is incredible! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Novella wrote: »
    ^ That is incredible! :)

Oh you! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Purple_Bobbin.. can you let me know what the China Glaze Stella is like when you use it please? I absolutely love the colour, its so shiny :D:D
    Here are a few pics I took of it today, I only tried it on for the photos, so can't say how well it lasts, wears etc. It's watery, but not too watery (for me anyway).

It dried very, very quickly. It was no hassle to take off either, because of the glitter/sparkles I thought it might be, but no problems at all.

It's a gorgeous, sparkly colour, much nicer in reality than in the pics, I think anyway. It was €5.75 I think.

Close up of one nail - you can kind see the glitter/sparkle here.

86441094.jpg

Taken in the kitchen with the kitchen light - sorry it's kinda yellow in the pic.

21519121.jpg

Taken under the stairs with camera flash

16458760.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Thanks PB :D

Love it even more now, its fab. Will definitely have to get this.

Does anywhere in Dundrum do China Glaze? I'll be there tomorrow night ,If not, I'll have to wait until the weekend to get it and that wouldn't do at all :D:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

I just had to get this after seeing it here and various places.
    Essence's Blue Addicted. Only €1.29!:D

(not my pic)
    essence-nagellak-blue-addicted-swatch-550x250.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Put China Glaze 108 Degrees on last night and not even twenty four hours later it was chipped on one nail :(

China%2BGlaze%2B108%2BDegrees%2B-%2B3.jpg
    ^ Photo taken outside in natural sunlight

China%2BGlaze%2B108%2BDegrees%2B-%2B4.jpg
    ^ Photo taken inside with camera flash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Does anyoneknow can you get the layla magnetic polishes in sam mc cauleys? I see nails inc also have two out.

Does anyoneknow can you get the layla magnetic polishes in sam mc cauleys? I see nails inc also have two out.

I don't know Sam McCauleys at all, but their facebook page is here https://www.facebook.com/sammccauleychemists so you could ask them :)

Got inspired by the previous leopard print post, did this with Essence Sundancer (yellow), Essence Black is Black (outline), Glo Baby Glo pink (from Penneys) and Essence Underwater (blue) sorry about pic size!

P1010595.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

^^^^^^
    EPIC :D I'll have to give this a go. I'll report back later with results.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Got a full size Leighton Denny (babydoll) in my Glossybox today :D
    94118272ce18d592e3e1e94f7b5ff69f.jpg

tis preeetay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

kerash wrote: »
    Got a full size Leighton Denny (babydoll) in my Glossybox today :D

My ears have just perked right up... what's a Glossybox?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I just had to get this after seeing it here and various places.
    Essence's Blue Addicted. Only €1.29!:D

(not my pic)

Have fun trying to get it off !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

My ears have just perked right up... what's a Glossybox?

This will explain it. http://www.glossybox.co.uk/

I think it's a great idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    This will explain it. http://www.glossybox.co.uk/

I think it's a great idea :)

I didnt realise we could get these in Ireland. How long have you been doing it? And how much in euros does it work out at including delivery?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

[QUOTE=Purple_Bobbin;74968092

Taken in the kitchen with the kitchen light - sorry it's kinda yellow in the pic.

21519121.jpg
    [/QUOTE]

Could this one be a good dupe for Rimmels Zeitgeist (discontinued:() but without the the greeny/gold?

Both have a good shimmer.

Advertisement