Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Got both these in health food store. I can only use this hand cream(big one) as I've tried everything and tis i amazing. the small one is the cuticle care and it's fab. Both are hard to touch (like coconut oil is) but when you rub it in they turn to oil/liquid.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/176855.JPG

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/176856.JPG
    how much are these? i really need a good cuticle cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Did you try tesco? they are8-9 euro there I certainly didnt spend 15 or anything like that!
    Yeah in my local Tesco it was priced around €13 :eek:

It seems to be very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

musical.x wrote: »
    how much are these? i really need a good cuticle cream.
    Ah I'd say something like 5euro or under a tenner anyway but I shall go look tomorrow and will let you know.
    Yeah in my local Tesco it was priced around €13 :eek:

It seems to be very expensive.

I could swear I didnt pay 13euro for them. I'm so gona go check my tesco tomorrow lol. but even at 13 it's not tooooo bad like it's not like a hand cream or something you'd use daily that will run out fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

My pigsback/Konad stuff arrived today! Stamping is so much fun, I want to stamp everything now! :D

6218685532_d4659e776f_m.jpg

6218685962_715a8fea58_m.jpg

Black Konad polish with images from plate M3 over Essie - Watermelon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

My pigsback/Konad stuff arrived today!

Hee, mine too! Black & white stamping polish over Barry M Coral.

nailsiesmkII.jpg

• Advertisement

Has anyone seen a really chunky rainbow glitter polish in their perusings? I am utterly in love with Rainbow Connections from the OPI Muppets line but a) not out yet & b) probably going to cost the guts of €20 when it is & I get a little sad pain in my heart every time I see it
    rainbowconnection.jpg
    (I badly, badly want all these polishes. Mostly because I'm a bit of a muppets obsessive, how could you not love polishes called The Fresh Frog of Bel Air, The Divine Swine, Getting Miss Piggy with It etc. etc. If I could get my hands on the poster for the polishes I'd probably frame it!)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Barry M have some, I'm not sure if they'd be 'chunky' enough though!

http://www.barrym.com/glitter-nail-paint

Catrice Raspberry fields forever. love this polish! i'm not a pink person but this is more of a "light red" if you know what i mean :)
    2 coats and no top coat. lasted 4 days without chiping and even then the chip wasnt very noticeable. this will be worn again for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭sexymama

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Got Facets of Fushia a while back and just put it on tonight. I was so disappointed when I put on the first coat - quite watery!

BUT - when I put on the second WOW!!! Love it :D:D

Daughter bought that the other day.Just "borrowed" it and put it on;).Yes it is quite watery with first coat but when second coat is on it's just lovely!

SM

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

Just did my nails with 17 Forever and accent nails with Collection 2000 Sparkle Top Coat and Essence Space Queen!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I got 10 polishes today lads.... what can I say, it's a problem!!!

P1010554.jpg

Have to say, not overly impressed with the Barry M foil polish - will swap for a different one if anyone's interested, PM me x

Okay please ignore my poor cuticles, they're still quite bad.

Here is e.l.f. in Chocolate. Lovely colour and was opaque after one coat but I did two anyway. I think black polishes can look really chic but are sometimes a bit stark on my pale hands so this is a great alternative.

6221243039_4084e38fb9_m.jpg

Putting Butter London's "Snog" on now, hope it lasts more than a day without chipping :)

butterlondonsnog.jpg

Photo from Google Images.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have been wearing Catrice's Rusty But Sexy for the last few days. Lovely warm colour - I've tried similar shades in the past (Inlgot) and they never looked warm enough against my skin, but the Catrice shade really worked.

In addition, this is one of the nail polishes that works after just one coat. I did apply two, but that was more out of habit than actual need.

267-1.jpg

Picture taken from Witoxicity blog

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Okay please ignore my poor cuticles, they're still quite bad.

Here is e.l.f. in Chocolate. Lovely colour and was opaque after one coat but I did two anyway. I think black polishes can look really chic but are sometimes a bit stark on my pale hands so this is a great alternative.

Wow, I love it! What an unusual colour. Plus I just got an elf e-mail about free shipping this weekend... it'd be rude not to! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Bought these 3 the other day;

Rimmel+Coral+Crush.png

rimmelbluemeaway.jpg

Sky+High+by+Rimmel+(2).JPG

/not my pictures as I can't paint my nails today as I work in a restaurant and we're not allowed nail polish :(

I got 10 polishes today lads.... what can I say, it's a problem!!!

Have to say, not overly impressed with the Barry M foil polish - will swap for a different one if anyone's interested, PM me x
    Cant wait to see the 2 catrice ones. i noticed them in the shop but i wont buy a polish i havent seen on in case i hate it :P

Ended up taking off Butter London Snog last night as it was taking too long to dry :o So I put on NYC Fashion Ave Fuchsia instead lol.

Photo taken outside in the sunlight
    291846_166206846801748_118793238209776_343459_569363533_n.jpg

Photo taken inside with flash
    302014_166206820135084_118793238209776_343458_1570954423_n.jpg

Just bought this on ASOS for €10.

image2xxlhd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Catrice Petit Four As Dessert...really like this have been looking for a nice nude colour

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0nwfWysTmtqS8cot4tG7JZ7NWZjJ0IbTwyqY-jZlOlCCLOiWfaw

• Advertisement

Just after applying second coat of Dior Vernis in Tuxedo. It's a lovely colour, but I am not convinced at all about paying E20+ for the bottle when Catrice probably do a similar shade for less.

I applied one coat last night and even before I went to bed, there were small chips!

img_00451.jpg

Phot taken from Fashion Treatment blog

wearing catrice "hip queens wear blue jeans". i hate it! the colour just does nothing for me. application was grand.2 coats. not as good as some of the others but not in any way bad. i might put some pictures up during the week if i get time. so dissapointed with this.

wearing catrice "hip queens wear blue jeans". i hate it! the colour just does nothing for me. application was grand.2 coats. not as good as some of the others but not in any way bad. i might put some pictures up during the week if i get time. so dissapointed with this.

That's a pity - I love that colour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

After a bit of a shellac addiction I decided to give my lil nails a rest. Didn't want to go to a salon to have it removed cos I knew I'd just end up getting another colour done. So picked this up in boots and soaked my nails for 15 mins. It flaked off just like it does in the salon and all I had to do was gently push away the polish with a cuticle pusher. Delighted!

31k2FWCtrBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

kandr10 wrote: »
    After a bit of a shellac addiction I decided to give my lil nails a rest. Didn't want to go to a salon to have it removed cos I knew I'd just end up getting another colour done. So picked this up in boots and soaked my nails for 15 mins. It flaked off just like it does in the salon and all I had to do was gently push away the polish with a cuticle pusher. Delighted!

31k2FWCtrBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Yep, all you need is acetone to soak off Shellac.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

The only thing that worries me about acetone is apparently it heads directly to the liver or something when absorbed. It just puts me off and then the liver cannot break it down or something. Lol maybe i need to look that up before i post eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Aw really? I love mine :) Has the most subtle shimmer but a really good go to navy for me

Hip%252520Queens%252520Wear%252520Blue%252520Jeans.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

Hey guys long time no post:) Been so super busy with college and work!! Anyways treated myself today to my first every Butter London and have to say I just had to tell you about it. The application was just so easy, its so smooth! I got Lady Muck which is a pretty light blue with silver shimmer running through it :)
    Butter-London-Lady-Muck-nai.jpg
    not my pic- pampered and polish
    http://pamperedandpolished.co.uk/2011/05/todays-nail-polish-butter-london-lady-muck/

wearing catrice "hip queens wear blue jeans". i hate it! the colour just does nothing for me.

I hate when that happens, just put on Catrice 'In the Bronx' & though a really lovely colour I hate it on my hands. I just don't like brownish coloured nail polishes at all on me (although they look lovely on other people). Had to take it off or I'd spend tomorrow looking at my fingers going 'corpse hands, corpse hands' Ah well, it's pretty to look at in the bottle!

Oh, fyi anyone who's in Dublin city centre at the mo. The chemist opposite the Olympia on Dame Street seems to be stopping stocking makeup, all their Gosh, Essence & Catrice is on half price clearance. Obviously the shelves have been pretty much ravaged but there's still some stuff left

• Advertisement

This is elf in Plum. It's a strange colour, depending on the light I think it can look purple or brown...

With flash
    6228325958_af5bcbe995_m.jpg

Without flash
    6228323180_c0bce198b9_m.jpg

Tbh this colour isn't doing anything for me. I usually love purple-y colours but I'm feeling pretty meh about this one. Lucky it was only 75p.

Edit - just looked at it on the elf site and in reality it looks nothing like the pic they have. Their pic is a deep purple whereas in reality it is more of a wine purple.

Edit again - I put on a UV top coat and that seems to have lifted the colour a bit.

With flash
    6228406424_3859946832_m.jpg

Without flash
    6227898801_96ae66980d_m.jpg

Advertisement