Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

musical.x wrote: »

thats really good! did you use nail art pens for the designs?

Thanks! Nope, cocktail sticks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

^^ haha good thinking! i use a pen and dip it in the polish. takes ages and haing to reapply to polish to the pen is a total pain :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

11h3r02.jpg

Essence underwater, looks alot darker than it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

I started a gel nail course so exciting and I'm just getting a little "adventurous" in my practice. Watch this space.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/179407.JPG Purple glitter tip with applique (thanks to Miss Filworth)

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/179408.JPG plain french with star applique :D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

Hi! I just saw that when you spend £25 at nailsinc.com, you get a free nails inc for instyle polish called london sky (grey) and they have some gorgeous magnetic polishes at £13.

Oh, and was in Sallys on Drury St earlier and they have China Glaze (including the triple packs) in a 3 for 2 offer.

Happy shopping!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Ooh where did you get the Nfu Oh? I want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Oh, and was in Sallys on Drury St earlier and they have China Glaze (including the triple packs) in a 3 for 2 offer.

must.....resist... credit card man going to come after me with a big stick if I buy any more polish this month. :(

Catrice Miss Piggy Reloaded stamped with konad, love this!

bownails.jpg

my nails this week. going to get nail art polishes this week so it'll look better next time :p

Got the nfu oh in asu nail and beauty if you google it you'll find em. And sorry to missflitworth for my **** name spelling I swear im going mad lately when i read im reading wrong!

• Advertisement

my nails this week. going to get nail art polishes this week so it'll look better next time :p

Reminds me of sally from the corpse bride.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Reminds me of sally from the corpse bride.

I thought Corpse Bride was called Emily...
    Do you mean Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas? :p

oh yeah lol hahaha i meant nightmare before xmas hahaha i'm so stoopid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Could this one be a good dupe for Rimmels Zeitgeist (discontinued:() but without the the greeny/gold?

Both have a good shimmer.
    I think I have some of the zeitgeist....im not a fan, ill have a look, if i can find it ill send it on to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Woke up this morning with bed sheet imprints in my Black Cherries nail polish so obviously it didn't dry as quickly as I thought :(

Anyway, perfect excuse to try another Rimmel polish I picked up and one the ladies on here have raved about, Sky High. I love the square brushes, makes tidy nail painting a doodle.

Without and with flash
    6287400475_2c044d2bca.jpg
    6287918630_e66161b047.jpg

My bottle is much more green than blue though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dublin141

Woke up this morning with bed sheet imprints in my Black Cherries nail polish so obviously it didn't dry as quickly as I thought :(

Anyway, perfect excuse to try another Rimmel polish I picked up and one the ladies on here have raved about, Sky High. I love the square brushes, makes tidy nail painting a doodle.

Try a top coat. I have to, no matter how long I leave it to dry, or I end up with sheet imprints. So annoying.

I can't use those square brushes. I don't know what's wrong with me. :o

I got two cheap polishes recently that surprised me. One was an Essence dark pink glitter called Time for Romance. It looks absolutely amazing over a black polish. I'm kicking myself that I didn't take pictures. I wore it for three or four days (long for me) and kept staring at it the whole time.

The other was a purple glitter (Goddess) from Angelica. I'm wearing it over a dark purple No. 7 polish I got with a voucher. It's a great glitter for the price. Really dense and pretty.

Yay for the cheapies. :D

these finally arrived!! my nails might not look as messy now :rolleyes:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWeIMt0cBINWtBI06oKy0n9M4nczDTEkvI34BTgKM4lE5l1h9pkg(not my picture)
    and i bought these today:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNEM3ndlfTuf0Br4AQ4KpB5E-LM06wheJBbL8lTll5UxGUZABd (not my picture)
    and i got this on monday but in clear:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJz4iWOM9Z-9vc3g4WaeHXa6pNyhCDfTv9DSEnqdh5oRZAszEUJQ (google image)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I finally found a shop around here selling Catrice so I picked up some varnishes.

I am wearing After Eight at the moment. I love this colour - it looks green in some lights and dark blue in others.

http://www.catrice.eu/products/nails/nail-polish/detail/product/ultimate-nail-lacquer-600.html

I also got I Wear My Sunglasses at Night which I was disappointed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Dublin141 wrote: »
    Try a top coat. I have to, no matter how long I leave it to dry, or I end up with sheet imprints. So annoying.

I had a top coat on, Nails Inc Caviar which is supposed to dry in 45 seconds. Oh well.

Got two new polishes today, Barry M Purple Rain (crackle) and Dusky Mauve. I'm tempted to put the crackle over Sky High but I'm loving the colour so much I don't want to cover it up just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

Halloween Nails!! Had such fun doing them, unfortunately work nearly ruined them but I touched them up a bit! Thats why the thumb looks a bit wonky.....

tumblr_lttunk0enW1r5dhf3

tumblr_lttunk0enW1r5dhf3

Thumb is just a black Essence polish with Claire's accessories white nail art pen.
    Index finger is black and white claire's accessories nail art pen and the polish is Rimmel Sky High
    Middle finger is Essence Sundancer and again nail art pens
    Ring Finger is my new love OPI Rainbow Connection!! it also says boo....
    Pinky Is OPI Take the stage and nail art pens
    In all- webs, frankenstein, ghost(friendly of course), boo! and pumpkin~

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LisaRoy

Is there a Boots in Galway? I saw it in Boots in Limerick the other day. It's their own brand "17".

I went to boots today in Galway and they aren't getting in the magnetized nail varnish for another 2 weeks :( Any other suggestions??

Audrey_L wrote: »
    Halloween Nails!! Had such fun doing them, unfortunately work nearly ruined them but I touched them up a bit! Thats why the thumb looks a bit wonky.....
    :eek: your nails are so short now!!

:eek: your nails are so short now!!
    :(I know!! been so busy and stressed lately they all started splitting so eventually decided to just file them down. You should see my right hand....

:(I know!! been so busy and stressed lately they all started splitting so eventually decided to just file them down. You should see my right hand....
    thats awful :( at least when they grow back they will be nice and strong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭shannie

serenacat wrote: »
    has anyone put nail wraps on themselves? I saw them for sale in chemists and hairspray

nail wraps? what are they?

stickers for your nails basically. instead of painting them you just put these on. look like nail art and they are meant to last a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

1OTuBl.jpg
    Just discovered this awesome thread - yay!!
    This is Isadora - combat khaki.
    Gonna put some black crackle over it for Hallow'een. Watch this space :D

thats awful :( at least when they grow back they will be nice and strong :)
    Hope so! thats what im telling myself haha:) Grown back in time for some amazing christmas nails:) They'll be super

Hope so! thats what im telling myself haha:) Grown back in time for some amazing christmas nails:) They'll be super
    i love christmas nails! they are so much fun and you can leave them on for ages without changing unlike halloween ones.

• Advertisement

i love christmas nails! they are so much fun and you can leave them on for ages without changing unlike halloween ones.

Oh definitely! I have an exam on wednesday so no time to do nails so i'll be ...."rocking" chipped halloween ones. However once Decemeber comes i will be rocking the christmas nails!! Well until new years id say:D

Advertisement