Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Try the Creative Academy out in Fashion City (I think that's in Ballymount) - I think they do CND

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I just got the stickey base coat from an american ebay seller $6 with shipping. Tried it out yday and I love it already!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Scraggs wrote: »
    I just got the stickey base coat from an american ebay seller $6 with shipping. Tried it out yday and I love it already!

Oooh! Could you PM me the seller's name please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Valentina wrote: »
    Oooh! Could you PM me the seller's name please? :)

I find beautyzone2007 the best seller for cheap nail brands!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Grey gradient, not a very good pic sorry. I forgot how easy and quick these are :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

A few of my recent nail art projects!

s96o.jpg

PennyWren wrote: »
    Grey gradient, not a very good pic sorry. I forgot how easy and quick these are :)

Very nice, what are the colours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Painted my nails about 4 times and no color is right!

Can't choose

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

A few of my recent nail art projects!

Love all of these, but what's the blue polish in the top-right hand corner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Sheela wrote: »
    Love all of these, but what's the blue polish in the top-right hand corner?

It's an Essence polish, can't remember the name off hand but i'll check it when i get home

• Advertisement

Pythia wrote: »
    Very nice, what are the colours?

Thanks the light is sally hansen wet cement and the dark is catrice London's weather forecast. I put a glitter top coat on my ring finger by NYC but as soon as I did it I wished I hadn't!

Another gradient, not too happy with this I didn't blend it that well. But it's too late to take it off and start again! Essence grey-t to be here and an old NYC berry colour that the name has worn off

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

How do you do that gradient? Looks great.

How do you do that gradient? Looks great.

You just use a make up sponge and dab it on, or at least that's what I do!

Here is a pic from my blog, basically you just draw two lines on the sponge and dab on the nail which has already been painted the bottom colour and then redraw the lines with polish every few nails to keep the colour strong.

IMG_1161.JPG

So here, I painted my nail brown and then dabbed the sponge on with the pink facing the tip. You need to dab a few times to blur the line.

PennyWren wrote: »
    Thanks the light is sally hansen wet cement and the dark is catrice London's weather forecast. I put a glitter top coat on my ring finger by NYC but as soon as I did it I wished I hadn't!

I actually really like the glitter top coat!

I do mine the same as Pythia but I use smaller sponges so I don't make such a mess. My cuticles are so dry and terrible it's almost impossible for me to clean then properly. I think I do it the reverse to Pythias, it looks like she does them from bottom to top when I go top to bottom if you know what I mean. Pic might explain better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Three new polishes I got from Illamasqua. The colours are Poke, Perseid and Scarab.

AolV3HM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

Got this in London because I went over without nail polish - http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/cosmetics/nails/color-riche-nail/addictive-plum.aspx

It is not as pink on as in the bottle and it chips after a day or two. I bought it thinking it would be the colour it was in the bottle since I already have a few reds. It is a nice colour on though.

Signed up for the Bondi subscription box at the end of August/start of September - have never received anything and looks like I won't and not sure I'll get my money back :mad: Just lots and lots of excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Saorenza wrote: »
    Got this in London because I went over without nail polish - http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/cosmetics/nails/color-riche-nail/addictive-plum.aspx

It is not as pink on as in the bottle and it chips after a day or two. I bought it thinking it would be the colour it was in the bottle since I already have a few reds. It is a nice colour on though.

Signed up for the Bondi subscription box at the end of August/start of September - have never received anything and looks like I won't and not sure I'll get my money back :mad: Just lots and lots of excuses.

I got my refunds already for these - they are doing them order by order, you will get cancellation emails for each box and a refund processes

MrFSrXLvoN2N6NtMMTiEiwOQjwXSXNgkDZLlFp3fR-M=w432-h484-no

Ted Baker nail wraps ... look ok from afar but theyre kinda bubbly

• Advertisement

I had no idea what to do on my nails so I just started messing around with a dotting tool and this is what came out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Needed a new ridiculously garish neon pink because my Purple Panic is drying up on me. Picked up Pink Voltage in Sallys (who have a 3 for 2 on all their Christmas sets at the moment)

003.JPG

Photo from here

It's super bright and tacky, perfect for me. Chips pretty easily is the only downside but I think that's just something you have to live with with neon colours

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Just did my nails. The silver is Essence Colour & Go 141 Icy Princess, the black is by Barry M. You can't really see it in the pic but I have Lights, Camera, Glitter by NYC on my ring finger. :D

IMGA0330.JPG

Scotch tape and lots of time to spare! I really like how these turned out. Just a 1 finger pic cause I've been picking at my poor cuticles

Nfu Oh No61 - Not the easiest of applications but pretty though!

holo.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I got two Revlon polishes in Dealz last week, I got Jelly and Royal, and have to say I am unimpressed by the quality of them. Within a few hours of applying them I have tip wear and chips, which I don't get with other polishes.

The polishes are very watery, and I need three coats to get it opaque, although they dry quickly. It's a pity because I really love the colours, but the quality is awful. I have tried different top coats and have the same problem with each of them. At least I only paid €1.49 and not €9 in Boots, I would have been seriously miffed then.

Royal - can anyone recommend any polish in this colour that won't chip so quickly? Preferably nothing expensive.

Revlon+royal.jpg

Jelly

revlon-top-speed-jelly.jpg?w=586

I got the Maybelline Express Finish Topcoat too and I love it. It's the best I've used so far, beats the Essie and Sally Hansen ones I have. It was €1.49 in Dealz too.

My nails dry within a minute and are like glass, no smudging etc.

review-maybelline-express-finish-nailpaint-5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Toast4532 wrote: »

Royal - can anyone recommend any polish in this colour that won't chip so quickly? Preferably nothing expensive.

[/IMG]

Barry M's Cobalt Blue?

5114184323_09896a9748_z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

tomissex wrote: »
    Thanks so much, I will definitely be checking that one out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I've only got one Barry M polish, the black in my photo above and it's so shiny, I love it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

My first attempt at Ciate Colourfoil nails. Picked up a set in TkMaxx a week or two ago. Pleased enough with them for a first go!

Am thinking about treating myself to a manicure on Thurs. Just a cheap and simple file and polish. Haven't decided on whether to stay in Maynooth or go into Dublin yet but student-friendly recommendations for either would be appreciated. Are there any good brand nail bars around with offers on atm? Need to get my hair done too so will take any recommendations for that too! :-)

Advertisement