Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Arrrggh. What polishes to take on holiday with me!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

The one fifty shop (not dealz) in the Ilac center are doing about five different shades in OPI crackle polishes at the moment, there were tonnes of them when I was in town two days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Dotty nails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just boring old French polish in shellac. Was heading out Saturday night so was just easiest to do. Am trying to get stiletto nails, on my natural nail. Finally getting a bit of length into them after having gels on a year and a half ago.

2s1ol1e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

My nails today are Essence pink & proud 154

This is a new colour released, and I love it :)

20131006_132730_1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

IMG_2807ab.png

(not my picture)

I've been wearing this for 2 days and I've gotten so many compliments on it.It's got flashes of blue and green in it but looks predominantly purple..It's really so beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

OMG want! What polish is that? :D

its ilnp Birefringence! She brought out a range of ultra chromes a month or two ago. I bought 2 but love them so much I may have to buy the others and a couple of backup bottles!

Website is here! Go forth and spend!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Will defo look at that when I get on my laptop tomorrow. It's so pretty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Shellac . . More coral in real life!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

New Shellac for me too! I love the multi coloured glitter topcoat! It's hard to get a good pic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭havana

Got this in Dealz for €1.49. It's Revlon Craving Coral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Put on China Glaze Pure Torture this evening along with China Glaze Riveting on my ring fingers.

Pure Torture

China_Glaze_Pure_Torture_6.jpg

Riveting

chinaglaze_hungergamestwo017.jpg

Neither pics are mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

My already scuffed nails.

HxfupJj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Went on a complete splurge in Hennessey's in Cork as there was 25% off. Lots and lots of OPI. If anyone wants to know a specific shade name I can put them in but right now I'm on my phone so it's awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Went on a complete splurge in Hennessey's in Cork as there was 25% off. Lots and lots of OPI. If anyone wants to know a specific shade name I can put them in but right now I'm on my phone so it's awkward.

Jealous doesn't even cover it! They all look amazing, what is the opi set at the bottom? A free tape measure? I'm very intrigued as to what that might be for, very very precise nails maybe

Wow that's some haul. Plus is that some of the new San Francisco collection in there too? Well jells..

PennyWren wrote: »
    Jealous doesn't even cover it! They all look amazing, what is the opi set at the bottom? A free tape measure? I'm very intrigued as to what that might be for, very very precise nails maybe

It's called Measure Up To Colour and it comes with Malaga Wine and Lincoln Park After Dark. I really don't know why they have a measuring tape. It's the most obscure free gift I've gotten with anything!
    Wow that's some haul. Plus is that some of the new San Francisco collection in there too? Well jells..

No none from the San Francisco collection mainly cause it wasn't there so maybe it's not out yet? Not sure though. They are actually all from older collections and a few of them were reduced to €4 so I couldn't say no!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Read Viva Adonis' blogpost on the new Essie collection the other day and I just had to rush out and buy 'After School Boy Blazer'. I don't own a navy and I just love how dark but not black this is!

Essie+After+School+Boy+Blazer+Pic+3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭NaNaNa1

Im in love with Sinful Colours since I picked up Why Not in Dealz. Tried some polka dots again too!

• Advertisement

NaNaNa1 wrote: »
    Im in love with Sinful Colours since I picked up Why Not in Dealz. Tried some polka dots again too!

Ooh pretty! I never see sinful colours in dealz anymore. I was in one only an hour ago and they had nothing!

I just can't get a good pic of this! It's opi live and let die. A really nice dark green with a really fine gold fleck through it. And a question for any of ye that are based in dublin, do you have to work in the beauty trade to buy stuff in Sally's on durry street and has anyone been in the new nail bar that has opened on the corner of South William st? I think it's where the oro gold shop used to be and I hear they are doing cheap pedis?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

do you have to work in the beauty trade to buy stuff in Sally's on durry street?

No you don't have to be a professional to shop in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

I just can't get a good pic of this! It's opi live and let die. A really nice dark green with a really fine gold fleck through it. And a question for any of ye that are based in dublin, do you have to work in the beauty trade to buy stuff in Sally's on durry street and has anyone been in the new nail bar that has opened on the corner of South William st? I think it's where the oro gold shop used to be and I hear they are doing cheap pedis?

That looks lovely Pennywren do you mind me asking where you got the gold stud?

shhling wrote: »
    That looks lovely Pennywren do you mind me asking where you got the gold stud?

Thanks shh. I got mine in topshop,wee box that has loads of different shapes but I'm pretty sure they have similar in penny's o'connell street way cheaper

Some Halloween nails I did. Used a stamping plate for the spiders. I love Halloween! :D

Anyone know any bricks and mortar shops in Dublin that stocks CND Stickey Base Coat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Just back from honeymoon and managed to wrangle some time in Target ... Wish I lived in the states sooooooo very much just for the polish! They're so cheap!

So I got

photo%25202%25281%2529.JPG
    ORLY: Fowl Play, Pixie Power, Iron Butterfly
    (not mad on the new Orly packaging)

photo%25204.JPG
    China Glaze: Rendezvous with You, Blue Bells Ring

photo%25205.JPG
    Essie: Vested Interest, For the Twill if it, The Lace is On, Cashmere Bathrobe

photo%25203.JPG
    Finger Paints Vermillion $ Painting: Finger Paints Base Coat: Sally Hansen Pacific Blue: Essie Sand Tropez

Now what to choose ... wish I'd got the After School Boy Blazer. Looks lovely tomissex

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Valentina wrote: »
    Anyone know any bricks and mortar shops in Dublin that stocks CND Stickey Base Coat?

This might be your best bet to give a call and find a salon with it in stock - there's about 5 listed for Dublin. http://www.lovecnd.com/salon-finder/

• Advertisement

Orlee wrote: »
    This might be your best bet to give a call and find a salon with it in stock - there's about 5 listed for Dublin. http://www.lovecnd.com/salon-finder/

Thanks Orlee. I was on the CND website earlier and it was showing no stockists for Dublin at all, I must have been doing something wrong! :o

Advertisement