Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I've been using the Nails Inc Kensington Caviar base and top coats for ages, and whatever i have bought since to use, is not as good. So, I go back.
    Have heard great reports about Orly Bonder, but haven't tried myself. Also, Seche Vite I have for top coat and it shrinks my polish...joke!

I used OPI base coat last night, it's crap, Essence Galactic black and Essence gel look top coat , also crap.

I think once you do have a decent base/top coat combo (and most likely same brand combo works best) no matter what polish colour you have, should last!

NI is the winner for me so far.

I got my mega-swap from my US friend today.... 40 shiny bottles of all kinds of beauties. I am DYING to get home to try some out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Currently I'm using OPI Nail Envy (original) as my base coat and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat (red bottle). I seriously think the SH top coat is the best I've used yet, I'd totally buy again and again. When I feel so inclined I will do a coat of Gelous before my top coat and it seems to make my polish last longer and really shiny.

SBS-507020?wid=225&hei=225&fmt=jpeg,rgb&qlt=85,1&op_sharpen=1&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.9,1.0,4,0&iccEmbed=0

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Twee. wrote: »
    I'm going to put it on tonight, I'll let you know! The reason I bought I was just using top coat as base coat and my colour kept peeling :pac: So I may not have solved my problem!

So eh, yeah, +1 for base coat recommendations!

Yea I have been using my Essence top coat as a base coat for the last while as I have no base coat. And of course everytime I am in buying polishes I forget the damn base coat!!

So I went on a bit of a buying spree.

I bought some more of the Essence Snow White polishes and toppers I was missing. I got:

Essence Snow White Doc

essence-snowwhite-le_doc.jpg?w=500&h=315

Essence Snow White Sleepy

Essence_Snow_White_TE_Sleepy_nail_polish_parokeets.jpg

Essence Snow White Topper The Huntsman

essence-SnowWhite-LE-Special-Effect-Topper-02-The-Huntsman.jpg

And Essence Snow White Topper Evil Queen

ESSENCE-Snow-White-Evil-Queen-Nail-Polish-Effect-Topper-317x718.jpg

So now all I am missing from the Snow White Collection is Grumpy and Prince Charming topper. Oh I hope I manage to get them before they are gone for good.

I also bought a few Catrice polishes that were on offer. I got:

Khaki Perry

Khaki%2BPerry%2B02%2Bselbst.JPG

ASHley

catrice-ashley4.jpg

Absolutely Chinchilly!

Chinchilly-01.JPG

Limited Colour - Be Pool

IMG_4658.JPG

and Ultimate Nudes - Petit Four As Dessert

DSCF5077.JPG

So yea went a bit wild!!! Must add them to my spreadsheet too

Now which colour to paint my nails!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

H, I've been looking for grumpy for ages but to no avail :( it's seriously annoying, my local chemist went straight from the fruity collection to the cherry blossom collection :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Guys I need some help please. A few weeks ago I spotted a grey Essence polish on a blog, it was a dark-ish grey with bits of silver glitter in it, I can't remember the name of it, has anyone here any idea what one it could be?

It's not grey-t to be here, it's much darker than that one. Would appreciate any help.

• Advertisement

LizT wrote: »
    H, I've been looking for grumpy for ages but to no avail :( it's seriously annoying, my local chemist went straight from the fruity collection to the cherry blossom collection :(

My local didn't bother with them either. Then I found out another one did (I guess the fact that I had not set foot in the place in years, I'd never have known) but when I went in they didn't have it. Went in today on the offchance but no. I'll keep trying.

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Guys I need some help please. A few weeks ago I spotted a grey Essence polish on a blog, it was a dark-ish grey with bits of silver glitter in it, I can't remember the name of it, has anyone here any idea what one it could be?

It's not grey-t to be here, it's much darker than that one. Would appreciate any help.

How bout this one - I'm the boss:

Essence+Colour+&+Go+Nail+Polish+Swatches_1+copy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

China Glaze Holly Day = LOVE!

The application is amazing and the colour is gorgeous! Perfect for this horrible day, really cozy.

I'm now in love with China Glaze polishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

phasers wrote: »

The application is amazing and the colour is gorgeous! Perfect for this horrible day, really cozy.

I'm wearing Holly Day too today. :p It's my first China Glaze polish and I can't wait to get more, it's perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

phasers wrote: »

Love Holly Day, it's such a pretty colour! China Glaze polishes are awesome - they're my joint fave polish brand along with Illamasqua.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Wearing this now - Essie Cocktail Bling. It's from last year's winter collection. Perfect colour for the weather we've had today!

Essie+Cocktail+Bling+2.JPG

Pic from thepolishaholic.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Got a few polishes from MUA today, a dark purple, mushroom and bright pink (can only find huge pics, but they're shades 15, 21 and 22 if anyone's interested).

On a self-imposed nail polish ban at the minute because my nails are peeling off, they're in such bad condition. Gonna start taking zinc supplements and hopefully they'll be strong again soon, I hate bare nails! :mad:

Currently wearing Colour Club Total Mystery from the Alter Ego Keep it under cover collection.

small-5765.jpg

Picture doesn't do it justice, it's a lovely cobalt blue with a slight purple shimmer to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ivenus

I bought 2 polishes in Pennys today

Catrice - Steal my heart

Essence - Im the boss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Currently wearing Colour Club Total Mystery from the Alter Ego Keep it under cover collection.

Picture doesn't do it justice, it's a lovely cobalt blue with a slight purple shimmer to it.

I have this, and some other Alter Ego ones I got in TK Maxx.. they're fab aren't they?

Check out Jackie Oh! It's a stunner

I have this, and some other Alter Ego ones I got in TK Maxx.. they're fab aren't they?

Check out Jackie Oh! It's a stunner

Great collection. It was my first colour club collection but I'd definitely repurchase!

Ooooh if the weather eases I am going to Arklow today. There is a TK maxx (my poor mother will probably end up hating me!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Lurving these Nails Inc Mirror Metallics

Nails-Inc-Swiss-Cottage-1024x768.jpg

Stratford-1024x768.jpg

Nails-Inc-Cheyne-Walk-1024x768.jpg

For those who love china glaze polishes, www.beautyemporium.com currently have an offer that if you buy 3 china glaze polishes you get 10%

Edit: they currently have free shipping to Ireland too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Has anyone seen essences 'grumpy' anywhere?? I'm going mad trying to find it

How long do orders from www.beautyemporium.ie take to be delivered?

I placed an order last Sunday, it was dispatched Monday, and I haven't received it yet.

I've also just seen this on their website http://beautyemporium.ie/index.php/delivery-information
    Standard: Orders are sent via An Post standard post. These orders are not registered or insured and therefore a tracking number cannot be provided. If your order becomes ‘lost in the post’, BeautyEmporium.ie is not liable nor obliged to replace the order.**

I am pretty sure this is incorrect and they are obliged to either refund or re-send the order. I will have a look for the info about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Toast4532 wrote: »
    How long do orders from www.beautyemporium.ie take to be delivered?

I placed an order last Sunday, it was dispatched Monday, and I haven't received it yet.

I've also just seen this on their website http://beautyemporium.ie/index.php/delivery-information

I am pretty sure this is incorrect and they are obliged to either refund or re-send the order. I will have a look for the info about it.

You should contact them first. But I would then ask for proof of postage from them.

It is certainly good customer service to replace lost items and many companies only use registered post or similar to avoid these problems.

Pythia wrote: »
    You should contact them first. But I would then ask for proof of postage from them.

It is certainly good customer service to replace lost items and many companies only use registered post or similar to avoid these problems.
    I will of course contact them, I was just wondering whether they are legally obliged to do anything.

I wouldn't contact them just yet as it is only the fourth day, I'd wait until next week before doing anything.

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Has anyone seen essences 'grumpy' anywhere?? I'm going mad trying to find it

A lot of us are having serious trouble finding it. That and the blue topper are the only ones I am missing. Will be so pee'd if they go completely and I am short for my collection :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

So picked up a few polishes while on holiday in Canada. I got four Sally Hansens Hard as Nails Extreme Wear polishes for $12 and one that was given to me as a gift. From L to R we have Sun Kissed, Posh Plum, Strobe Light, In the Spotlight and Purple Gala.
    70gz6v.jpg

I also got a Nails Inc Special Effects Sprinkle in Topping Lane. Such a pretty pink with silver, blue and bright pink sprinkles in. This cost $12 on its own. And then I saw two OPI DS polishes for $15 in Extravagance and Temptation. These are beauties. Loads of microfine glitter and awesomeness!!! :D:D4h41t1.jpg

all of them swatched :)
    mip06a.jpg

My nails today:

I went with Catrice Khaki Perry then did an accent nail with Essence Snow White: The Huntsman topper.

Without flash:

187180928233912327_GK52e9O0_c.jpg

With flash:

187180928233912329_RUs6Wzya_c.jpg

Just bought 10 polishes on transdesign!!
    Got a mixture of Essie, China Glaze, Orly & Barielle.

I think I have a problem!!!! I got to stop buying polishes. After i get this lot, then this is it no more!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Has anyone seen the China Glaze Breast Cancer Awareness 2012 collection anywhere in Dublin? Some very pretty colours and it's for a great cause, would love to get some of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Ivenus wrote: »
    Just bought 10 polishes on transdesign!!
    Got a mixture of Essie, China Glaze, Orly & Barielle.

I think I have a problem!!!! I got to stop buying polishes. After i get this lot, then this is it no more!:D:D

We all say that!! :)

Advertisement