Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

rosiee wrote: »
    Aww sheeeet.
    What was the point in that ? :P
    I'm going tomorrow..seems like a lot of effort :L

Yeah tell me about it :P Just need more time really to look around :L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I've lost the will to do anything. And I thought I was onto something there for about 2 days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I've lost the will to do anything. And I thought I was onto something there for about 2 days :(
    I have 2 English essays to do this weekend on top of the rest of my homework. I'll be kept busy anyway :/

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Had my accounting test to do over the weekend (she got the accounts from Mock papers so had no way of cheating) and it took me 3 hours to do the 2 accounts. A full service firm 100 mark question and also a full Published account 100 mark question!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Anyone go to UCC today? I really like the Architecture talk, sure I suppose someone has to draw the dole!

• Advertisement

Also anyone going to Cork Options or sinfully along those lines in Rochestown on Tuesday?

Got 3 hours work done there :) I tell you though I really hate doing Irish essays.
    I like Spanish ones though :D

Major sore throat is killing me. Where's the strepsils when ya need them?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Haven't done a single second of study so far this weekend... and just realised I've forgotten half my books.. and I've about 3 tests tomorrow.

I need to figure out how to do work....

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SleepAlone

Anyone watching the red bull stratos guy? I'm scared for him :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Chemistry test tomorrow on the mechanism of reaction yokes! Hate them, don't understand them one bit!

You know you're living a sad life when the highlight of your day is the thought of putting on new pyjamas.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

You know you're living a sad life when the highlight of your day is the thought of putting on new pyjamas.............

LC's fun isn't it? :cool:

LC's fun isn't it? :cool:
    Isnt it just. I've been waiting my whole life for this.

Life just couldnt get any better right now :p tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Nothing worse than a friend having a tough time :( feel so bloody useless!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Also anyone going to Cork Options or sinfully along those lines in Rochestown on Tuesday?

Yep going with the school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Aye, I'll be there on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Nothing worse than a friend having a tough time :( feel so bloody useless!
    In the exact same position :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Have to decide whether to do an English essay now, or just not bother, and postpone handing it up for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Have to decide whether to do an English essay now, or just not bother, and postpone handing it up for a week.

Don't bother! English is gay... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

Yupp, gonna be a doss really, I'm already fairly certain of what courses I'm interested in.

On the topic of being English seemingly being gay :pac: Does anyone else sometimes feel their English essays or whatever should be marked higher than they are actually awarded? :P I did an English essay the other day and was one of the best I have ever done...My teacher commented that it had all the ingredients for good storied but somehow I got 75/100 :/ Will ask her tommorrow about it but English is by far the worst for marking!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

David1994 wrote: »
    On the topic of being English seemingly being gay :pac: Does anyone else sometimes feel their English essays or whatever should be marked higher than they are actually awarded? :P I did an English essay the other day and was one of the best I have ever done...My teacher commented that it had all the ingredients for good storied but somehow I got 75/100 :/ Will ask her tommorrow about it but English is by far the worst for marking!

Hey David, I did the Leaving last year and got an A1 in English. I only ever received 2 A1's throughout the entire Leaving Cert. programme, towards the end of 6th year (Seamus Heaney essay + LG Essay), I ended up getting an A1 in each individual section in the Leaving Certificate. I wouldn't be too worried about how your teacher marks your work, they usually mark it a lot harder than they will in the actual exam! Don't worry about it! :)

Hey David, I did the Leaving last year and got an A1 in English. I only ever received 2 A1's throughout the entire Leaving Cert. programme, towards the end of 6th year (Seamus Heaney essay + LG Essay), I ended up getting an A1 in each individual section in the Leaving Certificate. I wouldn't be too worried about how your teacher marks your work, they usually mark it a lot harder than they will in the actual exam! Don't worry about it! :)

Hey :P Yeah I dunno sometimes like take today for instance I did a Macbeth answer..50/60 but I basically did everything perfect :P Ah well maybe I slightly swayed off point a bit,I dunno really...:L The way I look at it it motivates me to get the better grade so maybe its a good thing! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I haven't written an essay in English since Junior Cert.. :o

My teacher only does Paper 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

David1994 wrote: »
    I think my teacher just gives the same grades the whole time. Like one time I wrote a really bad piece (short question) and I got a B yet I wrote another answer way better (and I mean way better, it had structure and quotes and proper comparisons) and I got a B. She has her favourites and it's quite disheartening when you think you write a brilliant (or at least A2 standard) and you only get a B as usual.. I'm just hoping I can improve for the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Just finished a 5 page Comparative Q, so I'm treating myself by watching Homeland. Love this show! :D

Might've gotten myself into a bit of trouble today with the art teacher, we were in the art room for a free class and me and someone else were chatting about courses etc etc, then the art teacher asked me what I wanted to do and I said "Oh I really want to be a tomato, but I don't think I'll get the points :(" anyway then I went on and I was like "So Ms how did you get into teaching Art, was it sort of a case of collect 10 crisp packets and you're an art teacher?" needless to say she wasn't pleased :L

I think my teacher just gives the same grades the whole time. Like one time I wrote a really bad piece (short question) and I got a B yet I wrote another answer way better (and I mean way better, it had structure and quotes and proper comparisons) and I got a B. She has her favourites and it's quite disheartening when you think you write a brilliant (or at least A2 standard) and you only get a B as usual.. I'm just hoping I can improve for the real thing.

Yeah I hate aswell how with English you never know exactly how you did! :/ Like I did an essay that got an A but the one I got like a B2 on, I felt was better :P
    I sometimes do not know where I lost some marks also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

"So Ms how did you get into teaching Art, was it sort of a case of collect 10 crisp packets and you're an art teacher?"

hahahaha :')

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement