Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

0mega wrote: »
    I haven't written an essay in English since Junior Cert.. :o

My teacher only does Paper 2.
    My first essay since primary school was in 5th year (apart from JC and mocks) :O she just gave us essays to learn and that was that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Rochestown careers expo was fairly good but I think I might've went a bit overboard with the College prospectuses! That's only half of them, I couldn't bring the other half home today as I couldn't carry them along with my school books :L

2sayulj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Rochestown careers expo was fairly good but I think I might've went a bit overboard with the College prospectuses! That's only half of them, I couldn't bring the other half home today as I couldn't carry them along with my school books :L

2sayulj.jpg

Good job! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

So anyone else get the engineering project today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Lads, what time do you feel is a good time to go to bed at? Even though I always plan to go to bed at around 12, I always manage to fall asleep at around 2 am and I feel the full effects of it at school! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

N64 wrote: »
    Lads, what time do you feel is a good time to go to bed at? Even though I always plan to go to bed at around 12, I always manage to fall asleep at around 2 am and I feel the full effects of it at school! :o

I'm the same because I can only study when it's dark outside and quiet for some reason. Ideally you should aim to settle down at around 11.30 so that by midnight you're in bed either asleep or going to sleep.

Sleep is very important! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Jesus! I go to bed anywhere between 11 and half past, and I'm generally asleep by 10 to 12. However I know some people who go to bed at half 10 and earlier.

I am normally so tired I go to bed at around 10:30-11:00 :P Never been one of those "go to bed at like 3 people" :L

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭moriz

I'd usually be fast asleep by half 10 the latest ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

moriz wrote: »
    I'd usually be fast asleep by half 10 the latest ! :D

I wish I could be like that, the internet is just too distracting..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Sometimes I'm so tired, I go to bed at 9:30! Most nights I'm asleep by 10:30 but as 0mega said, the internet can be very distracting! :D

Spent like 3 hours today going over A Thig Na Tit Orm for Irish test tomorrow :L
    I had forgot how class a book it is :D

I'm never in bed before 11.15/11.30 :( I always try but I have too much to do its just not possible!

I'm never in bed before 11.15/11.30 :( I always try but I have too much to do its just not possible!

I never get much homework at all so I spend most of the time after school studying :) I normally finish at about 10 having started at about 4:30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Anything to be said for getting up early in the morning for an hour or two's study?

David1994 wrote: »

I never get much homework at all so I spend most of the time after school studying :) I normally finish at about 10 having started at about 4:30.
    Wow, I would love to be able to do that! Sometimes I don't finish my homework (no study) until after 10/10.30 having started at 5ish.. Wish I could study!!
    I'd also love to get up early and study but I'm already exhausted and find it hard to get up so I don't think getting up at 6 would suit me. Although if I somehow am less tired as the year goes on I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Anything to be said for getting up early in the morning for an hour or two's study?

I wouldn't dream of it.

I do up until about half ten at night, which is enough for me without costing me my lie-ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I never get much homework at all so I spend most of the time after school studying :)I normally finish at about 10 having started at about 4:30.

Hang on, what?! 5 and a half hours of study a night already :eek:

Hang on, what?! 5 and a half hours of study a night already :eek:

Nope around 4 and a half hours...Have dinner and stuff like :P And yeah I determined to get what I want so I study a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Where do ye all study? At home or supervised with the school? I'm finding it extremely difficult at home :(

• Advertisement

Nope around 4 and a half hours...Have dinner and stuff like :P And yeah I determined to get what I want so I study a lot.

Fair play so, I guess if I was repeating I'd be pretty determined aswell :L

Really struggling for motivation to study myself and its so frustrating! I know what I want to do in college, I just cannot push myself to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

College is tough..

* Just saying.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

College is tough..

* Just saying.. :(

What you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

It seems to be having the opposite effect on me :( I was working harder at this stage last year.

What you doing?

Psychology!

Psychology!

:eek:

I can honestly say that I wouldn't study that if you paid me :pac:

Each to their own though, is it a heavy workload?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Psychology!

Worried now that college won't be the "break" I expect :(

Each to their own though, is it a heavy workload?

Extremely :(
    Worried now that college won't be the "break" I expect :(

The first week/two is grand! Then it all starts piling up.. :pac:

Really struggling for motivation to study myself and its so frustrating! I know what I want to do in college, I just cannot push myself to work!

Yeah this time last year I was not serious about it at all :L Now I just find it easy to study! :P

• Advertisement

One more week....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement