Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

French mock oral was 45 minutes ago. It actually wasn't going too bad until he asked me some question in the future and I had no clue what to say because the only thing that I'd learned in the future was next weekend. Safe to say I had a meltdown and couldn't string a simple sentence together. The eyes started watering, nose started running, the room got umbearably warm, the lot. Clearly he noticed because he told me afterwards to calm down and take some deep breaths before I go into the real thing.

He said I'd been one of the best so far but I only got 69/100 so I'm a bit meh about it. I really oral French.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

French mock oral was 45 minutes ago. It actually wasn't going too bad until he asked me some question in the future and I had no clue what to say because the only thing that I'd learned in the future was next weekend. Safe to say I had a meltdown and couldn't string a simple sentence together. The eyes started watering, nose started running, the room got umbearably warm, the lot. Clearly he noticed because he told me afterwards to calm down and take some deep breaths before I go into the real thing.

He said I'd been one of the best so far but I only got 69/100 so I'm a bit meh about it. I really oral French.

Had mine today too and she said i talk too fast :(

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I really dunno what's up with me, but I'm feeling so apathetic towards school and the LC right now. I can't motivate myself to do anything at all while I feel everyone else is really starting to knuckle down.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Came on here and read about calipos and now I'm going to walk to the shop to get one :) haven't had one in ages and it just sounds so tempting :) hopefully they will have them

Got my calipo :) delicious :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Got my calipo :) delicious :)

Ok, I have to ask, what is a calipo? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

HugsiePie wrote: »

Ok, I have to ask, what is a calipo? :(
    Is that a serious question? If yes you've been missing out on life :P

Jade. wrote: »
    Is that a serious question? If yes you've been missing out on life :P

I'm clueless :confused:
    New Pope lads, Argentinian, I sense a change in the Spanish comprehension for the LC :p

That is a calippo :) nicest ice pop ever! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭MickFleetwood

0mega wrote: »
    I really dunno what's up with me, but I'm feeling so apathetic towards school and the LC right now. I can't motivate myself to do anything at all while I feel everyone else is really starting to knuckle down.. :(

Do something about it then! :pac:

• Advertisement

That is a calippo :) nicest ice pop ever! :)

OH! Thats what it is! However I will hold my hands up and say I've never had one :o

HugsiePie wrote: »

OH! Thats what it is! However I will hold my hands up and say I've never had one :o
    You have to get yourself down to the shop and get one! Your missing out! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

Finishing the HPAT and the mocks together is a bad combination. I haven't done a tap for about two weeks. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Finishing the HPAT and the mocks together is a bad combination. I haven't done a tap for about two weeks. :/

I know, now that I've done the HPAT I feel like I should be winding down, not picking it up!

It's not as easy as just 'doing something about it' either! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

I know, now that I've done the HPAT I feel like I should be winding down, not picking it up!

It's not as easy as just 'doing something about it' either! :pac:

I know exactly how you feel. I just wanna do nothing till the leaving cert, and good mock results don't help! D:

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

David1994 wrote: »
    Did my mock oral today. It's not counting towards our report card going home which is fairly stupid!
    God, that seriously was the worst performance I have ever done in a sraith pictiur. I was so nervous and I fecked it completely up :L
    But the comhra was handy and all that.So yeah. Grand. :pac:

More or less the same for me. I got the Sraith pic about your one in the career guidance library and going to Galway university. Had a few nice phrases which can be used for most sequences but struggled to tell the basic story. Comhra was grand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I have my French mock oral tomorrow morning .. 9:00AM :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I got my oral results back the other day. 226/240 for Irish and 86/100 for French.. Absolutely thrilled with French, but so shocked! I never thought I'd get near that, I didn't believe my teacher when she told me! Ours was done by a native French speaker who said she marked extremely hard. I did better than the people who have been on exchanges (who got in the 60s and 70s). I was really worried I was at a big disadvantage because I didn't do an exchange. 18/20 for pronunciation.. Eh like where did that come from?? :P Nice to know that if I put a bit of work into both my oral and written paper I can get an A1 (hopefully!). I never thought I'd get an A, I was just hoping I wouldn't get a C!
    Sorry for that big long thing, I'm just really happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

ray2012 wrote: »
    I have my French mock oral tomorrow morning .. 9:00AM :(
    Good luck! Just remember to breathe and think about what you are going to say first. It will be over before you know it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Good luck! Just remember to breathe and think about what you are going to say first. It will be over before you know it :)

Merci mille fois! :D Well done on your great result also! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Methememb wrote: »
    For what?

Theft, assault, driving while under influence of drugs etc... that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Theft, assault, driving while under influence of drugs etc... that sort of thing.

Seem like classy guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Repeat FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

So according to a Cao statistics there has been a 68% increase in applicants for my first preference course... yay..:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

What's your first choice?

Nanoscience in Trinity. There was a press release on the TCD website saying what course had a large increase in this years Cao and mine was up 68%, as if the points weren't high enough, more competition :(

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

Nanoscience in Trinity. There was a press release on the TCD website saying what course had a large increase in this years Cao and mine was up 68%, as if the points weren't high enough, more competition :(

68%?! That's unreal! If you get the course you'll just feel even better about getting in though. ;) 16% rise in applicants to Computer Science too. As if I wasn't stressed out enough about getting enough points to get into the course. =/

Here's a link for anyone interested in the press release: http://dft.ba/-4Vy5

mulciber wrote: »
    68%?! That's unreal! If you get the course you'll just feel even better about getting in though. ;) 16% rise in applicants to Computer Science too. As if I wasn't stressed out enough about getting enough points to get into the course. =/

Here's a link for anyone interested in the press release: http://dft.ba/-4Vy5

Yeah hopefully, there is only 10 places on the course too so thats another worry, but i'm being optimistic :)

In other news I passed my driving test today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

My brother did nanoscience. He started off with two years of undenominated science doing physics, Chemistry and maths and then transfered into the course in year 3. As far as I know there were 16 people in the class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Ever feel like this after a maths test?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRN2WzpFY7H2LoieEs5U9aKXB8AtEzELeSaQgXKQ7hLrc5xP2GH

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement