Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

yournerd wrote: »
    "what a strange meeting" essay due tomorrow. Help?
    What a horrible essay title!

Edit: I vaguely remember doing an essay on this, I wrote about an odd man I met at a bus stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

There's dedication for ya :P
    I know, right?!
    peekachoo wrote: »
    Munster / Leinster? :D
    decisions wrote: »
    I'm going for Munster, Jr or Sr SC?

Cresent?
    Munster, ya.
    562110_586989387980235_1044578627_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Delighted for ye! I have a deep loathing for Rockwell so even better :D

Saw a bit of the game, you's were deserved winners. Didn't let the other team get into the game.

Saw a bit of the game, you's were deserved winners. Didn't let the other team get into the game.
    How was the setanta coverage? Or were you there? We've a fantastic kicker who just slotted them all day. Built up a bit of a lead by taking our 3 points every time they were on offer, meaning when Rockwell got a lad sent off, it was effectively over as a contest, with the score already 16-5.

• Advertisement

Setanta coverage wasn't bad to be fair, you's were lucky not to loose a man just before the tip tackle. That would have totally changed the contest, it was a good lead but not a comfortable one a man down.

Setanta coverage wasn't bad to be fair, you's were lucky not to loose a man just before the tip tackle. That would have totally changed the contest.
    Saw the mass brawl(s) but didn't see what exactly happened with them other than the fact our scrum half got thrown a few feet at one stage. :P Presume our centre, who got tip tackled later, was in the middle of it though.

One of your lads threw a few punches, it was a a bit more than your usual handbags, probably a red card.

One of your lads threw a few punches, it was a a bit more than your usual handbags, probably a red card.
    Ah, fair enough. I'm sure footage of it will emerge over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Beep test tomorrow: (

• Advertisement

Haven't done PE in a year and a half or so :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Haven't done PE in a year and a half or so :pac:

Same, all we did was kick dodgeballs at each other. Our PE was reduced to one class as well which is basically a waste of time as by the time everyone gets ready you've only got 15/20 minutes of actual PE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Yeah we don't do PE either after Junior Cycle, sometimes though I would miss it, it was a nice change from being stuck in classrooms all day and the teacher was some banter! :pac: Also these days I'd really appreciate the excercise, ever since 6th year started I've put on a huge amount of weight all I seem to do is sit around the place and eat during my breaks! When midday on the 21st of June comes I'm heading straight from the exam hallto the gym and won't eat anything from then until the debs, need to fit into that suit somehow ;)

Yeah we don't do PE either after Junior Cycle, sometimes though I would miss it, it was a nice change from being stuck in classrooms all day and the teacher was some banter! :pac: Also these days I'd really appreciate the excercise, ever since 6th year started I've put on a huge amount of weight all I seem to do is sit around the place and eat during my breaks! When midday on the 21st of June comes I'm heading straight from the exam hallto the gym and won't eat anything from then until the debs, need to fit into that suit somehow ;)

I feel ya! I can see me starving myself to fit into any kind of dress by the end of this year! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

We have all the smart people, yet no notice of sportsmen? In my school we have PE twice a week(sporty-ish school), but since after Christmas we can just go to study. I still do PE, and train couple of times a week.

I don't think i'm gonna go to DEBS. Decide in March/April who you gonna go with etc? Bit stupid for a person that lives life on day to day basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

My school don't do PE after junior cycle either even though we could really do with it since we're all so lazy... But to be fair we never used to do it anyway when we had the class :P

The debs is the one thing I'm actually looking forward too can't come any quicker :D

Over the past few weeks I've cleaned up my diet a fair bit and I've started doing some semi regular excercise.

I'm not overly concerned about my weight, but excercise keeps me sane and pushups are easier if you're lighter :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Debs are a bit of craic, you're not obligated to ask that early, I got asked to one two weeks before it last year.

I'm guessing none of you are on the committees? It's making me dread the debs, I'm already sick of it!

BOM are organizing our debs along with the parents association, because last year was a disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I'm guessing none of you are on the committees? It's making me dread the debs, I'm already sick of it!
    We don't even have a committee our principal organised ours and he only started in September in an all girls school... Should be fun haha

I am, the Debs last yer was a bit of a disaster so we don't have a hard act to follow ;) all the same though we want it to be good! The main pain is trying to get money off people, the hotel won't print the tickets until people are fully paid up so we're right now trying to get the first ticket from everyone fully paid for by Friday. Some people would totally wreck your head, they aren't the slightest bit concerned that they haven't paid for the deposit we asked them for in November!

I'd do think it should be student organised though, no matter how high the chances of disaster always are! Like the majority of ye are adults ye shouldn't be babied by the parents association and BOM! I know one school where the parents go with them for the first half of the night and then leave when the meal is finished, I think that'd be terrible!

I am, the Debs last yer was a bit of a disaster so we don't have a hard act to follow ;) all the same though we want it to be good! The main pain is trying to get money off people, the hotel won't print the tickets until people are fully paid up so we're right now trying to get the first ticket from everyone fully paid for by Friday. Some people would totally wreck your head, they aren't the slightest bit concerned that they haven't paid for the deposit we asked them for in November!

I'd do think it should be student organised though, no matter how high the chances of disaster always are! Like the majority of ye are adults ye shouldn't be babied by the parents association and BOM! I know one school where the parents go with them for the first half of the night and then leave when the meal is finished, I think that'd be terrible!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Our debs is being organised by DebsIreland, and they pretty much do all the dirty work for us :P We were given a number of themes to choose from, like the Oscars or a Bond theme, I think we went for a masquerade one. The only annoying thing is getting all 180 of us to agree on things like menus, paying extra for photos and a champagne reception, but overall it should be great, I really can't wait for it :D
    Out of curiosity, what price are everyone's tickets coming to, about? Ours are around €70 per ticket, that's with some extras added on, I think.

I think our worked out at €75 per ticket.

Ours is being organised by BIG BOSS, €70 per ticket

Our ticket worked out at 55€ including the bus, band & DJ, champagne reception, red carpet, meal, balloons and colour theme, nightclub, photo projections, breakfast the next morning and some other bits and bobs. It was a really good deal!
    The only thing catching people is the rooms separately are €120, for couples it's fairly expensive but I'm sharing with two girls so €40 isn't bad like.

Our schools have always organised the debs by students, no teachers or parents are there. We were looking into BBE organising our debs but the tickets would have worked out at €80!!!
    btw yeah getting money off people is ridiculous. Our deposit was meant to be paid by November and it wasn't sent until late January. We're looking to have most tickets paid by 19th of April (hopefully), so far only one person has paid me :P

Hopefully it will be worth it in the end, it's the day after my birthday so it's basically my 18th :D

Ours used be organized be the school, but 2 years ago someone vomited on one of the teachers TWICE! The school wants nothing to do with it anymore :PAC:

Ours used be organized be the school, but 2 years ago someone vomited on one of the teachers TWICE! The school wants nothing to do with it anymore :PAC:

:pac:

• Advertisement

Ours were €65 plus an optional €12 for photos if you want, which we though was fairly reasonable, it's certainly been more other years so we're happy enough! We organised ours directly with the hotel, so we sort of cut out the middle man ;) also it's tradition that debs committee members get two free tickets :pac: (you'd want it though, the amount of stress associated with it is crazy!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement