Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane Concert 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Really..... suppose it was a bit wishful, The Script it is so :D

The Script actually could sell out Slane.

They sold about 50,000 for the Aviva plus about 45,000 for the three sold out O2 dates in March and lets not forget sub-headline at Oxegen.

That's easily over 100,000 they played to in Ireland this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

karaokeman wrote: »
    Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Really..... suppose it was a bit wishful, The Script it is so :D

They sold about 50,000 for the Aviva plus about 45,000 for the three sold out O2 dates in March and lets not forget sub-headline at Oxegen.

No no no not those bunch of tossers.id rather see aslan play ffs.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If they would have played Slane last year then it would have sold out , but if they come back a year later to play another massive outdoor show could be risky. The fact the Aviva was staged as The Homecoming gig it helped to sell the gig. Also the fact they have played Aviva/Oxegen/T-Vital along with there arena dates this year i think it could be risky for them to play Slane as a headliners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

They're also sh*t.

baz2009 wrote: »
    They're also sh*t.

Its astonishing how many people actually think The Script are so bad.

Whether you like them or not they will go down as one of the most successful Irish bands a few years down the line.

Since U2, no Irish act has done quite as well in America as they have but I suppose whether or not they can sell 80,000+ capacity outdoor gigs on their next tour depends on the success of their next album.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

Support a good epic band for a change. We have not had one of that genre in slane since Thin Lizzy, so request wintersun to play. See wiki quote here: Marquess Conyngham insists that the venue be played by rock bands and will not not allow so-called manufactured bands. Yet Madonna played there, entertainer not a band, manufactured in 1958 by Mattel and remanufactured by surgeries. Mattel abandonned his first creation to start the success of Barbie a year later.

Its astonishing how many people actually think The Script are so bad.

Whether you like them or not they will go down as one of the most successful Irish bands a few years down the line.

Since U2, no Irish act has done quite as well in America as they have but I suppose whether or not they can sell 80,000+ capacity outdoor gigs on their next tour depends on the success of their next album.

* Cough * ;);)

I use to think The Killers were kinda pants due to seeing them at Oxegen 07 when they were just incrediably boring and bland , also chossing them over Daft Punk :mad::mad::mad:

However they have really stepped up their game the last few years. This is from their comeback show in Hyde Park and it looks great (especially the crowd are really into it)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Snow Patrol and the Script appeal to different markets despite both being mainstream. Snow Patrol are more indie whereas the Script are far more pop!

I like the Script but I'd like to see them try something different for their next album. At Oxegen I missed them and watched the Strokes instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I use to think The Killers were kinda pants due to seeing them at Oxegen 07 when they were just incrediably boring and bland , also chossing them over Daft Punk :mad::mad::mad:

However they have really stepped up their game the last few years. This is from their comeback show in Hyde Park and it looks great (especially the crowd are really into it)

I was at that show :D:D:D:D It was amazing.

I saw them in Marlay Park in 08 and they weren't great, but in the O2 in 2009 they were excellent. I've seen them 4 times in all now and they've really grown into a great live band

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭bren2001

Absolutely epic day in Hyde Park for the with Pierce_1991.

Seen them 5 times, first back in Oxegen 07. They were pretty poor, I too regret seeing them over Daft Punk. Marlay Park was a poor showing again it was only the O2 when they came to form. Since then they have been brilliant live. No doubt they have a setlist and stage presence for Slane.

Yea im glad to see that they have improved . I think i remember reading somewhere that Brandon was very uneasy about big gigs and therefor it effected their live shows.

Even when they played Oxegen they were brilliant(even though i went to NIN)

They would be a great choice for Slane ......but still want Sir Grohl and the boys to do it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Akenny010

no slane next year, then AC/DC in 2013, there's after been so much talk about this for ages now, has to happen, I hope hope so anyway! seein as they are gonna tour again and bring out a new album & it's there 40th anniversary.

hopefully thin lizzy supportin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Pearl jam. It's about the Right time for them. They're dubious of crowds that big after the tragedy of Roskikde and Oxegen were trying to get them for headliners a few years back but it never happened for some reason.

They'd bring Slane back to legendary status.

Dont think we will ever see ACDC at Slane (although i hope to be wrong) every year we hear they are playing and since they went for Oasis instead of them in 2009

Dont think we will ever see ACDC at Slane (although i hope to be wrong) every year we hear they are playing and since they went for Oasis instead of them in 2009

2013 really is the likelihood of AC/DC playing, if they ever will. I couldn't imagine there would be much chance of them playing after that.

I don't think I've heard as many AC/DC rumours as I have for RHCP. I've talked to many, many people who think Chili's will headline a third time.

Hopefully it will be RHCP next year if Slane happens in 2012 and AC/DC during their 40th anniversary stadium tour the year after (2013).

2013 really is the likelihood of AC/DC playing, if they ever will. I couldn't imagine there would be much chance of them playing after that.

I don't think I've heard as many AC/DC rumours as I have for RHCP. I've talked to many, many people who think Chili's will headline a third time.

Hopefully it will be Foo Fighters next year if Slane happens in 2012 and AC/DC during their 40th anniversary stadium tour the year after (2013).

Fixed it for you ;);)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Hopefully it will be RHCP next year if Slane happens in 2012 and AC/DC during their 40th anniversary stadium tour the year after (2013).

Chili peppers have only headlined Slane once. The previous year they supported U2. Other than those two times they've never played Slane.

david75 wrote: »
    Chili peppers have only headlined Slane once. The previous year they supported U2. Other than those two times they've never played Slane.

Sorry I meant to say RHCP played twice but a second headline isn't an impossiblity.

Chad said they would like to play Slane again;

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/music/news/red-hot-chili-peppers-to-play-at-slane-14356630.html

Also U2 played 3 times and headlined twice (1983 & 2001).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

For Slane 2012 I would love to see, and being realistic:

Radiohead (deserving headliners of course)
    The Cure (haven't played here since Oxegen 2004, sure why not?)
    The Strokes (not the biggest fan, but would be a great act for Slane)
    PJ Harvey (I saw her play there in 2003 and would love to see her play again)
    ... and a few exciting up-and-coming bands on the rest of the bill.

Radiohead haven't played here since Marley Park in 2006 and are the only major band around that have yet to headline Slane. It would be just sad and disappointing if a sub-standard band like Kings of Leon or RHCP were announced for Slane again just to please the sheep, Radiohead would bend them over their knees and beat the hell out of them and show them how a headline slot is really done. It would be a Slane concert actually worth going to.

• Advertisement

Cant see Radiohead headlining not big enough anymore maybe a Marley Park or Malahide Castle gig

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Zero1986 wrote: »
    Radiohead haven't played here since Marley Park in 2006 and are the only major band around that have yet to headline Slane.

They played two gigs in Malahide in 2008.

Don't see them ever playing Slane, though, not right for it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Would love to see Pearl Jam play Slane next year or if the rumours are to be believed about them reforming,The Stone Roses.

If the Stone Roses do reunite i could see Oxegen nabbing them for a headline/co-headline slot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

mooeire wrote: »
    Heard Coldplay are very good live and if Noel Gallagher and Kasabian were supporting id be there in a shot!!!!!!

That would be unreal!

Was at Coldplay at Oxegen last year and they're definitely one of the few bands that sound better live.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Lord Henry should be on the phone to Stone Roses this evening!Would they sell 80,000 tickets though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

If they got a few other bands of that era like new order, happy mondays etc. You'd have half of manchester flying over too.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

If they got a few other bands of that era like new order, happy mondays etc. You'd have half of manchester flying over too.

I'd love to see Stone Roses with Noel Gallagher and Kasabian supporting.

But I like your idea.

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Lord Henry should be on the phone to Stone Roses this evening!Would they sell 80,000 tickets though?

Id doubt they could sell that many tickets

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Please god do not let the Stone Roses get sucked into this disaster of a venue

Advertisement