Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tGC Summer Beers - Saturday June 25th - Lafayette

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Screw You Hippies!
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    Also, anybody notice how sometimes usernames aren't pronounced the way you say them in your head? Few people I've gone "no idea, never seen that username before..." only to realise that it was just a lil bit different. Bless.

yeah mine's a b*tch to pronounce....

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I did not get to speak to enough people at this... In my defence I was supremely drunk from drinking since early that afternoon and also I sort of accidentally ended up there... Also two strangers kept buying me jäger bombs and glasses of white wine and I got sidetracked...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Screw You Hippies!

Tuddle you are a mess. 15th and 16th are the dates for the next Noc Beers (because a load can't do both days) in honour of stalwart Cyberwolf who is coming all the way from America (not Canada... Tudz... :rolleyes:)
    And of course everybody is welcome as per usual.
    Friday is looking like the Grand Social and Saturday is going to either Fibbers/Fibbers(new)/Gypsy Rose. Or at least that's what I can make out.

I had just been chatting to someone about Canada and I had typed it in!

But yeah....I'm a mess most of the time luv :p
    I'm still in recovery mode :(

So those extra pints waiting on the bus didn't quite help matters eh? :pac:
    Sanjuro wrote: »
    Goddamn, I still need to figure out a quicker way of cementing names to faces in my head. Ye are all loverly, but the ol' brain is like swiss cheese! Apologies in advance if I'm a bit shaky with names next time! I'm much better at remembering faces.

I met you! Remember saying...Oohhh I didn't recognise you without all that stuff on your face :D

But that's it don't think we got talking.

I also met Windsock but because of the loudness and drunkeness I thought she had said her username was N*sync---like that band Justin Timberlake was in :pac::o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Well dammit missed another Boards session, may go to one before I go to Oz if I can. When is the next?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Saturday June18th
    ToniTuddle wrote: »
    I also met Windsock but because of the loudness and drunkeness I thought she had said her username was N*sync---like that band Justin Timberlake was in :pac::o

I always thought Windsock was a dude, so when she kept saying her username I just could not make the fecking thing out, until my mistake dawned on me. Nice lady :) 100% not a guy in reality.

• Advertisement

N*Sync are good... but they're no Party Posse

nsync_simpsons_3.jpg

Screw You Hippies!
    I always thought Windsock was a dude, so when she kept saying her username I just could not make the fecking thing out, until my mistake dawned on me. Nice lady :) 100% not a guy in reality.

Yeah that happens too! Also in my head I keep saying Windstock so I'll probably end up calling her that at a future beers :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Saturday June18th
    Yeah that happens too! Also in my head I keep saying Windstock so I'll probably end up calling her that at a future beers :o

Peace man

Her original username was boreds.

Made the evening play out like a bad Abbot and Costello sketch.

"So who are you on boards?"

"boreds"

"Yes, on boards, what's your username"

"boreds"

"Fffffuuuuuuu!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Screw You Hippies!
    As if by magic,it is now unstuck.

I have to say guys and gals,it was absolutely heartening to see so many people turn out for it and from as far a field as Galway and Greenland
    aka Donegal,in yo face Tuds,hah
    was even more impressive.It was a pleasure to meet the new beerers and to catch up with the others that Id met before.I sincerely cant wait to see ye all again.

Ye fúcking rock.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I have to say guys and gals,it was absolutely heartening to see so many people turn out for it and from as far a field as Galway and Greenland..

Was gonna post something along the lines of this earlier on. Fair play to people who travelled up/down/across to the big smoke. Would have never got to see the turtle or awesome card trick otherwise. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Nice meeting everyone (again)... apologies, I was quite drunk.

You only alive now Dord?? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Yeah, it was part of the Hangover 3. The cameras were hidden. :pac:

It went something like:
    1. Beers
    2. More Beers
    3. McDonalds
    4. ???
    5. wake up in bed 12 hours later

Screw You Hippies!
    As if by magic,it is now unstuck.

I have to say guys and gals,it was absolutely heartening to see so many people turn out for it and from as far a field as Galway and Greenland
    aka Donegal,in yo face Tuds,hah
    was even more impressive.It was a pleasure to meet the new beerers and to catch up with the others that Id met before.I sincerely cant wait to see ye all again.

Ye fúcking rock.

*tuddle checks User CP*

Hmmm new post in thread

* pops over to it and reads Otis post*

Galway? Yeah that's hyperbullet.
    Greenland??? Holy crap who did I miss that was from there....crap there was a tall lad who was well dressed and couldn't understand what he was saying....maybe he was from Greenland. Wait do they speak english over there or have there own language in parts.... Oooooh or maybe it was that chick at the bar......wait why am I trying to figure it out just look at the spoiler duuuuh!

*reads spoiler*

-.-

FFS!!!

*shakes fist* :p
    Larianne wrote: »
    Was gonna post something along the lines of this earlier on. Fair play to people who travelled up/down/across to the big smoke. Would have never got to see the turtle or awesome card trick otherwise. :pac:

Missed the card trick but heard it was awesome! :D
    Turtle?????:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

I met you! Remember saying...Oohhh I didn't recognise you without all that stuff on your face

But that's it don't think we got talking.

I do remember that! We're in a photograph on some camera somewhere...!

Screw You Hippies!
    Sanjuro wrote: »
    I do remember that! We're in a photograph on some camera somewhere...!

*checks camera*

It's on my camera!! You look completely different with the facial hair and glasses! Oh actually all 3 of us are wearing glasses in this one. We are not a dying breed we are multiplying! :pac: \o/

You and your god dam camera Tuds!

Oh ask HB about the turtle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Screw You Hippies!
    are photo's going up?

Screw You Hippies!

WOMAN you loved it that flash gives you a momentary blackout! :pac:

Gillo wrote: »
    are photo's going up?

Only if the folks in them give permission so I'll sort that over the next few days :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Friday June 24th

Hehe..

I ain't gonna explain it. And to think someone wanted him put away. The fact he's still a talking point proves his effectiveness!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

well worth travelling up for, had a great night, and beat sitting home alone down here. another friend here just told me they're planning on moving away soon. I'm gonna be the only one left here eventually :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Friday June 17th
    Only if the folks in them give permission so I'll sort that over the next few days :)

I remember producing two thumbs up at several cameras. Not sure if yours was one of them. Maybe I just photobombed a bunch of random strangers :pac:

WOMAN you loved it that flash gives you a momentary blackout! :pac:

I did not!
    zuroph wrote: »
    well worth travelling up for, had a great night, and beat sitting home alone down here. another friend here just told me they're planning on moving away soon. I'm gonna be the only one left here eventually :(

Move to Dublin. Simples! :)

Unfortunately I made the mistake of buying a house here 3 years ago :) Love my neighbourhood, but it would be nicer if more friends lived local. with the motorway, dub is only 1 hour 40 away now anyway, and with mates living there, I'll always find a bed to sleep in :)

Paartaaaaaaay in Zuroph's gaff!
    only 1 hour 40 away

:pac:

We'll have a limerick beers to coincide with Outbreak Festival!

Screw You Hippies!
    zuroph wrote: »

Well seeing as Dublin aint too far of a journey then that's you attending all future beers :pac:
    Plus think it was you I was chatting to about Galway beers and sure that's just up the road from ya :D
    I remember producing two thumbs up at several cameras. Not sure if yours was one of them. Maybe I just photobombed a bunch of random strangers :pac:

Yup in one of them ye are!

Lar I promise to never drag ye into photos again. Honest! ...well I'll do my best :P

yip toni, we laid elaborate Galway beers plans while u rested ur foot outside. the plan was "lets have a galway beers then".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

*checks camera*

It's on my camera!! You look completely different with the facial hair and glasses! Oh actually all 3 of us are wearing glasses in this one. We are not a dying breed we are multiplying! :pac: \o/

Facial hair for some... deteriorating eyesight for everyone else!

Advertisement