Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tGC Summer Beers - Saturday June 25th - Lafayette

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Screw You Hippies!
    That_Guy wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly BUT it just makes it imperative that we host another beers soon. :D

Yep...july beers thread? Ya know what,we should have a proper regular thing,like the last saturday of every month...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Screw You Hippies!
    Larianne and Parker Kent have an idea that they proposed to me last night so leave it with us.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Larianne and Parker Kent have an idea that they proposed to me last night so leave it with us.;)

I think I know what it is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Screw You Hippies!
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    Oh now ya bust out the big guns! I was standing there expecting you to explode, or do a Roger Rabbit on it!

lol
    just because i hadnt had tequila before people have such low expectations!
    chartreuse, goldschlager, aftershock... all far worse imo!

july beers??? :D:D

somewhere LESS NOISY though please!!

oh yes, larianne's and PK's idea was a good one, i'm for that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Screw You Hippies!
    There is a July Beers already gonna be happening on the 16th!
    It's a Noc Beers and as usual I shall be spreading the word as I'll be in attendance as he coming the whole way from Canada:eek:(Cyberwolf that is):Dand THAT one will be my last beers for a good while.

So don't have it on the 16th or if ye do.....have it in Fibbers(the old one) or somewhere near by where I can run between the two cheeeeeeers....nyom alcohol :pac:

EDIT: Saturday is the 16th not 17th ooops!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I should go to the next tGC session, if only for the tequila and cake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Screw You Hippies!
    You see,what people need to realise is that when I ask you if you want a drink,its not really a question.You're welcome by the way!
    Indeed :) (and thanks)
    ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Bought a footlong subway after that and ANOTHER 2 litres of milk and was graaand :D just home now can't go to sleep yet have to meet a woman about a dog....literally :pac:
    Yea got a sub myself after as well, and drank about 3 pints of tea + water over a few hours when I got home; probably saved my head from splitting :)

So what is this plan for the new meet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Is excellent idea imo :)
    THAT one will be my last beers for a good while.
    LOL, didn't you say that about this beers?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Saturday June 25th
    Yeah, what is this secret plan? Rollerdisco?

Also, I second the less noisy place option.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Miss Lala wrote: »
    I was one of those two and immediately regretted the decision. Pembily then offered me her half-eaten one but it didn't look as appetising...

Okay, so three people declined. :pac: Possibly 4...

Hmmm... well that's not gonna work for everybody now it is. And that won't be happening till August I'd say. Leave it with me.
    18AD wrote: »
    Yeah, what is this secret plan? Rollerdisco?

My heart just skipped a beat. :eek: I soooooooo wanna do that. (have done for about 2 years. no one will go with me. :( )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Lynnsie

Pembily wrote: »
    Yes I did cos someone (Miss Lala I think) dared That Guy but he didn't so I did instead!!! I got a pineapple and cucumber and it was hilarious :):D:):D:):D

The pineapple ended up being confiscated and a big chunk of the cucumber ended up in my drink. Cucumber and vodka realllly don't mix well!
    bluewolf wrote: »
    lol
    just because i hadnt had tequila before people have such low expectations!
    chartreuse, goldschlager, aftershock... all far worse imo!

You were very composed, I was waiting for you to spit it out! Next time we won't give you a lemon and we'll see how that goes :P

July beers sound good!

Screw You Hippies!
    Hermione* wrote: »
    Is excellent idea imo :)LOL, didn't you say that about this beers?! :pac:

I know but I had forgotten about the Wolfie beers! :p I mean it this time I swearz :D
    Larianne wrote: »
    Hmmm... well that's not gonna work for everybody now it is. And that won't be happening till August I'd say. Leave it with me.

Ooooh tell us a little something something about what it is! Pweaseeee :pac:
    Miss Lala wrote: »
    The pineapple ended up being confiscated and a big chunk of the cucumber ended up in my drink. Cucumber and vodka realllly don't mix well!

I have a photo of Agent Smith trying to do something to Pembily with the cucumber :eek::eek::eek::eek:

:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Screw You Hippies!
    bluewolf wrote: »

somewhere LESS NOISY though please!!

oh yes, larianne's and PK's idea was a good one, i'm for that

Yeah, somewhere a little less crowded would be a lot nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Screw You Hippies!
    I have a photo of Agent Smith trying to do something to Pembily with the cucumber :eek::eek::eek::eek:

:pac::D

EH WHAT AND WHEN??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Screw You Hippies!
    Ah so that was you with the cucumber? nitemare trying to remember names.

Speaking as a Beers virgin, you lot are:
    A/ incredibley nice
    B/ a scarey crowd to get to know

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Screw You Hippies!
    Venue was nice, not as nice as the people. Very loud wherever you went, tried really hard to hear two phonecalls but it just wasnt happening at all so went outside. Those cocktail vouchers came in very handy for all of us that had them too!:D

I can now remember that pineapple being paraded around as a trophy in the smoking area:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Screw You Hippies!
    I did not see a pineapple or cucumber at all last night. what the **** happened!? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Friday June 17th

I skim read that and I thought it said "Parker Kent proposed to me last night". Now I know I was drunk....but I wasn't THAT drunk :pac:

Screw You Hippies!
    EH WHAT AND WHEN??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Ahh no it was grand ye were allowing him anyway :pac::pac::pac::p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ah man sounds like I missed a class nite :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Is there a reason ye're going with the 16th next? the Dublin Zombie walk is on the weekend after, the 23rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Screw You Hippies!
    I think the 16th has been pre arranged in the Noc forum as Cyberwolf is visiting Ireland then.

Screw You Hippies!
    zuroph wrote: »
    Is there a reason ye're going with the 16th next? the Dublin Zombie walk is on the weekend after, the 23rd.
    I think the 16th has been pre arranged in the Noc forum as Cyberwolf is visiting Ireland then.

Basically what Otis said! We have known for months he was coming so it's been a set thing all this time. All we doing now is sorting out the venue. Is gonna be rock type place so possibly Gypse Rose+/Old Fibbers+/NewFibbers. Still deciding on the venues. We having two nights out as half the Noc crew can only make a Friday and then other ones can only make Sat.

I'd say good few might be up for the Zombie walk for the craic though I would if I lived there, dressing like a zombie is fun :D Throw up a thread here nearer the time and in the other forum, folks will definitely go :)

Oh and twas nice to meet ya :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Saturday June18th
    Yes I did cos someone (Miss Lala I think) dared That Guy but he didn't so I did instead!!! I got a pineapple and cucumber and it was hilarious :):D:):D:):D

Oh wow, I'd forgotten about that. I saw the pineapple escapades and did that thing where you can't hear people so you talk for them. I was having quite the jolly dialogue with myself. :)
    There is a July Beers already gonna be happening on the 16th!
    It's a Noc Beers and as usual I shall be spreading the word as I'll be in attendance as he coming the whole way from Canada:eek:(Cyberwolf that is):Dand THAT one will be my last beers for a good while.

So don't have it on the 16th or if ye do.....have it in Fibbers(the old one) or somewhere near by where I can run between the two cheeeeeeers....nyom alcohol :pac:

EDIT: Saturday is the 16th not 17th ooops!

Tuddle you are a mess. 15th and 16th are the dates for the next Noc Beers (because a load can't do both days) in honour of stalwart Cyberwolf who is coming all the way from America (not Canada... Tudz... :rolleyes:)
    And of course everybody is welcome as per usual.
    Friday is looking like the Grand Social and Saturday is going to either Fibbers/Fibbers(new)/Gypsy Rose. Or at least that's what I can make out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Lovely to see yas all on Saturday :)
    Had a top night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Friday June 24th
    I'm still in recovery mode :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Misticles wrote: »

I remember talking slurring words at you at the end of the night.

Apologies for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Misticles wrote: »
    It was lovely to see you again! The long hair's relaly lovely on you :)
    I'm so sorry that I didn't recognise you with the long hair :o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Goddamn, I still need to figure out a quicker way of cementing names to faces in my head. Ye are all loverly, but the ol' brain is like swiss cheese! Apologies in advance if I'm a bit shaky with names next time! I'm much better at remembering faces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Saturday June18th
    Also, anybody notice how sometimes usernames aren't pronounced the way you say them in your head? Few people I've gone "no idea, never seen that username before..." only to realise that it was just a lil bit different. Bless.

Advertisement