Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Dustaz wrote: »
    vlad/lux ap mid
    cait/vayne ad carry
    nasus/irelia top
    sona/lux support (lol lux support)
    amumu jungle

Obviously i dont get to jungle amumu very often, but hes about the only thing i can jungle.

Jungling is easy once you get the runes but kinda dull and for some reason, the most blameable guy on the team for when people fail. I do like how GP can lvl2 gank straight after blue buff. Amumu used to be a mainstay of mine, not sure why I've stopped playing him.

If I play support, I play Sona. I did it successfully with Blitz a few times but who really wants a Blitz support?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Playing Dom solo in work, just had a great game. 98-5........0-5 Intense finish:D

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Meirleach

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Dom can be really intense that way - Problem is you often get ***** who just give up... Halfway through a game nevermind near the end, pisses me off.

You get that in summoners rift too though, and it can be very annoying trying to carry someone for 35minutes who gave up in the first 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Maybe I just notice it more in Dom cause it completely ****s you over but people seem to disconnect more. Usually only for a minute like their game crashed or something. I wonder if the new map really pushes the pentium 4's some people manage to get the game running on.

There are deffo way more discos in Dom than SR. No doubt about it. And it would seem at least more people leaving selection, got as high as ten selections :|

• Advertisement

Corki fix, deffo going back to him.

I been rocking Corki anyway but he has felt somewhat underpowered since the nerfs. 10% true damage is so nice but I mostly play him cos I have the Urfrider skin.

I'd love if they fixed Tristana's rocket jump though. That'd take her up a huge bit in the AD carry rankings.

Taric + Vayne = strongest bot lane?

Taric, Cait more vicious imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I'm planning to get into League of Legends over the next while, as my brother plays a lot and has convinced me to give it a try. Where should I go to learn tactics / strategies once I've completed the ingame tutorial?

How demanding a game is it from a hardware perspective; my desktop won't have a problem I'm sure but can I play it on my Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00Ghz / ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 512MB laptop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Just play like a boss, haters gonna hate.

The more people that learn this, the better. There is a simple counter to Warwick; it's called the Executioners Calling. It costs around 1250ish? It ends the game for ww.

You dont need to buy anything, a well timed ignite works just as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Playing Dom solo in work

Can has ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Do not buy runes until you are max-level, it's a waste of IP.

Id disagree with this. Buy t1 runes until level 20, then replace them all with tier 3 runes. Full runes from 20-30 make a big diference compared to none at all, particularly early game.

You really dont need to buy many, ArPen/Magic Pen reds, HP Yellows and CDR Blues works for nearly every champion.

ArPen/Magic Pen reds, Armor Yellows, Magic Res Blues also works for nearly every champion.

Its only when you hit 30 that you need to really work out what runes you want.

Once you have a pretty good idea of how the game works, its never to early to read this:
    http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/5-champs-you-should-know-how-to-play-aka-who-do-i-buy-next-70445

Its a teeny bit dated compared to the current meta game but its a rock solid introduction to the idea of roles within the team in LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Kold wrote: »
    . Amumu used to be a mainstay of mine, not sure why I've stopped playing him.
    Because hes perma-banned :)
    If I play support, I play Sona. I did it successfully with Blitz a few times but who really wants a Blitz support?
    Blitz is an awesome support if hes played well enough. He doesnt have a heal but the grip is game changing.

Dustaz wrote: »
    Because hes perma-banned :)

I think he's a poor ban myself. The ult is great but if the enemy run a counter jungler like Lee or Shaco, he's gonna get abused.

Yeah, Amumu seems to live in the zone just outside the bans. There always seems to be at least four champs just slightly better than him.
    Counter-jungling wrecks him alright.

I'm not even sure who to ban atm. Morgana for obvious reasons. I think Akali is a worthy ban at low enough elo because of how hard she snowballs with just 1 kill under her belt. Udyr and Lee Sin are still bannable because of how fast/hard/tanky their ganks are. Kassadin and Annie piss me off.

I think Talon is a worthy ban also.

Had to deal with jungle tristana in one of my ranked games last night :(

She could just about manage it, but there was a shaco that threw in some very light invading and it completely shut her down.

So i was gangplank top versus garen with not a hope in hell of a gank. Actually doing very well till shaco decided to camp top lane along side him and zone me.

Lost my tower and decided **** it, full on GP5 gangplank, we died alot but managed to hold off the game to over 40 minutes, stopped a couple of barons and tankplank took the end game. Its never over lads, oh yeah super late game kogmaw helped too :).

And NO jungle tristana isn't the new meta.

• Advertisement

Your talking about smart cast rope, i dont bother with having a distinction between the two, for alot of champions i rebind QWER all to smart cast, there are some champs who you really like to know the range on an ability before you cast, but if you play them enough you get a sense for it anyway.

You just need to be a little more aware where your mouse is at all times but its 1000 percent faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Hahahaha

For DUeeeeeemaciaaa

Got Heim, Trist and Alistar skins, none of which I paid for.

Broke students are broke.

Anyone looking to build rune pages should take advantage of the limited edition Halloween quintessences. You can find them by searching in tier 2 for limited availability runes. They're only a tiny bit worse than their tier 3 equivalents but half the price.

Myself and two friends won eight games in a row the other day if it makes ya feel any better :P

God damn it, I've 776rp left on my account which I've been saving for a skin I really want and then 2 go on sale at the same time.

I'm gonna get the Sinful Succulence Morgana but I really want Northern Front Swain too. Why don't Riot take Laser cards? I don't have paypal/visa.

What skins has everyone got?
    Free Ali, Kayle and Tris
    Almost Prom King Amumu
    Urfrider Corki
    Gragas Esq
    Karate Kennen
    Battle Regalia Poppy
    Bilgerat Rumble
    Cottontail Teemo (Global taunt)
    Big Bad Warwick

I want that Arctic Warfare Cait, I hate her stripper cop crap skin.. All about dem sweaterboobs. GP is also due a good skin.

And now I have;
    Definitely not Blitzcrank
    Sinful Succulence Morgana
    Northern Front Swain

Free:
    Victorious Jarvan
    King Rammus
    UFO Corki
    Perseus Pantheon
    Riot Girl Trist
    Unchained Alistair
    Crimson + Stinger Akali
    Judgement + Silver Kayle

Paid:
    Frostfire Annie
    Sherwood Forest Ashe
    Resistance Caitlyn
    Frosted Ezreal
    Karate Kennen
    Prestigious LeBlanc
    Djinn Malzahar
    Frozen Terror Nocturne
    White Veiger
    Tundra Hunter Warwick

More than I thought to be honest.

How'd you get the Akali and Pantheon skins for free?

Pantheon: They did a thing a while back where if your account was inactive for awhile they sent you an email with a code for the pantheon skin to get you to come back. I hadn't played on my US account for ages so got it and used it on EU too.

Akali: When she was released there were skin bundles like there are now but when you clicked on the bundle from the main home page instead of taking you to the store it did the transaction right there. The thing is it worked even if you had zero RP. They never did that again :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I'm a bit of an impulse RP buyer. I see a champion, think hmmm I wouldn't mind giving him a go then bam i'm on paypal. It's too easy!

Just bought Graves to add to the list gathering dust!

Advertisement