Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Gets old. Fast. Back to Summoners rift for me and my mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Now that the dust has settled, thoughts on Dom ?

Still think it's great. So much faster paced and a lot more PvP combat. Having one dud on your team screws you about as much as it does in Summoner's Rift. There are a few champs that are broken OP on it, Akali and Jax and a few others that are just really annoying, Heimer, Rammus and Shaco but I think Riot will figure out solutions for them.

The other issue I'm having is that queuing for draft (to avoid some of the above champs) takes ages so usually end up having to queue normal. It seems to be due to lack of numbers but hard to know until Riot release figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

I can understand why Akali might be imbalanced in it with her shroud and trying to cap points , but why rammus ? I seen him banned once or twice now

GO_Bear wrote: »
    I can understand why Akali might be imbalanced in it with her shroud and trying to cap points , but why rammus ? I seen him banned once or twice now

It's nothing to do with her shroud (you can't stealth at enemy or neutral points anyway). The problem for her and Jax revolves around how well they scale with gunblades. Since gold comes so easy they get very vicious very quickly.

Rammus because of his powerball. He just rolls around the map with Priscilla's Blessing decapping and capping whatever he can. Your team then has to send at least one person to go stop him but if the Rammus is any good he'll just move on to another point. It can be dealt with it's just very annoying.

I have been playing Vlad a bit in it, very slow to start but can get quite powerful towards the end.

And I am loving Lux in it.

But I still prefer summoners rift .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Gets old. Fast. Back to Summoners rift for me and my mates.

This.

Its fantastic while to play while waiting for other friends to finish a game due to the short match time, but it just gets quite boring. You either get a good team who play with a bit of common sense and win with a landslide, or get a bunch of fùcktards who run all over the place looking for champion kills and get 5 based.

I guess once the metagame evolves a little it might be more interesting but the standard dota map/gameplay allows for much more fluid gameplay for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Braytek

Hey i play on EUW, im level 30 and play support and tank. Anyone wanna hit me up with a friends request

Name: Braytek

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I at least know what the objectives are so being fielded with a team of 4xMid runners chasing that one little gank while someone else is slyly capping the base behind them gets real frustrating real quick and is very common.

this is by FAR the most annoying thing about dominion. Closely followed by one of the mid runners saying "LOL STFU NOOB LOOK @ YOUR STATS, YOU HAVE 2 KILLS NOOB".

Idiots.

In other news, i got round to playing nasus. Holy ****, nerf him now.

Dustaz wrote: »
    this is by FAR the most annoying thing about dominion. Closely followed by one of the mid runners saying "LOL STFU NOOB LOOK @ YOUR STATS, YOU HAVE 2 KILLS NOOB".

Idiots.
    I haven't experienced it anymore than the equivalent Summoner's Rift behaviour; maybe it just seems more obvious with the accelerated gameplay. But when your teammates on SR decide to chase a kill instead of pushing/killing baron/dragon it's pretty much the same thing. Or when you ace the enemy team and your team decides that now is the team to go get blue/red/shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

That epic orianna tripple kill, makes me smile everytime :)

• Advertisement

Not the brightest spark...

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

I'm level 25 now, I usually play most days... it's the first time I've played a game like this, 99% of my gaming was FPS based. I just started messing around with fraps and sony vegas. I play with a variety of champs but prefer Singed (he's absolutely hilarious to use). I put together a short vid of him and Skarner from 2 games I played recently (16 kills Singed) tanky build & a little AP. It's my first LoL vid.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CzCQ_-geoM&hd=1

Buy flat AD quints for your AD carries.

Buy flat AP blues / yellows and quints for your AP carries.

Buy flat movement speed quints for your speed dependent champs or pretty much any melee champion in dom.

Buy flat health regen quints for any solo top srift champs you have, i find they help immensely.

in any case if you are playing dominion without heavy amounts of flat AD or AP you are doing it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Meirleach

There's actually a decent argument for not using flats in dominion, it pretty much boils down to:

1) You start off at level 3, meaning the per levels are usually much less sucky at the start.

2) You level up insanely quick.

I use a mix of flats and per levels depending on the champ I'm using.

If your champ is going heavy into a single stat i dont get the point of per-level runes, the early game boost you gain by flats massively outweighs the small percentage bonus you get at level 18.

For well scaling champions it helps you compete with the early game champs, some champions have horrible base values but awesome scaling, talon for example. You simple cannot bank on just getting to late game like in srift, you have to wins fights all the time.

For badly scaling champions you are screwed late game anyway, leblanc for example so this just helps you totally dominate the early game and hopefully keep ahead.

In dom you hit your end game items whether you get farm or not, and with those the % benefit of runes is terrible, so take the early game advantage they give, its so much better.

Flats were always better early game in srift, but ArP got alot better mid to late, in dom however you get a % ArP and Magic pen buff which basically throws that completely out of proportion.

Get flats and itemize against heavy resistances if you need to.

Meirleach wrote: »
    There's actually a decent argument for not using flats in dominion, it pretty much boils down to:

1) You start off at level 3, meaning the per levels are usually much less sucky at the start.

2) You level up insanely quick.

I use a mix of flats and per levels depending on the champ I'm using.

This.
    Most per levels start to be better than flats by level 6 so in Dom you're in profit at about the 5 minute mark.

Saying that I haven't bought or setup any specific runes for Dom. I do sometimes run without my mana regen runes because of the passive mana regen boost.
    If your champ is going heavy into a single stat i dont get the point of per-level runes, the early game boost you gain by flats massively outweighs the small percentage bonus you get at level 18.
    Per level runes start out performing their flat equivalents well before level 18 (there is some variance depending on rune type though)
    In dom you hit your end game items whether you get farm or not, and with those the % benefit of runes is terrible, so take the early game advantage they give, its so much better.
    The early game is so short in Dom that there isn't any point building around it.

Seifer wrote: »
    The early game is so short in Dom that there isn't any point building around it.

I like to win that fight at top tower, any way i can :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

very inactive thread :eek: i'm looking for a few more irish people for my team. we range from 1300~1600 elo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Yorick is a seriously underrated jungler.

Also, Xerath is pretty sweet I find. Just sit back and farm well and by lvl 6 you can kill most squishy mages without being anywhere near them.

Yeah, Shaco is an uber-troll on Dominion. They need to put a limit on the boxes or up the cooldown or something.
    Yorick is actually a really good counter to him as his ghouls pop Shaco's boxes.

Er... Then they need to do the same with Teemo Shrooms and every other dispensable ability because to be quite honest it'd be very sad to make this change purely because NOW people realise he could do this, since Dom was released. He's no Troll pick, he's a pretty nasty legitimate and popular pick. He's probably the 4th-5th most banned I've seen since I started playing it.
    People didn't just realise it now. It's just a lot more viable now because dominion is a lot smaller so it's much easier to setup in an area that will guarantee a trigger.
    I didn't say he was a troll pick, I said he was a troll. He just runs around the map capping points and leaving his boxes everywhere. I mean it's fun to do but it's too effective for how easy it is.
    Nobody gave two craps about him laying traps in SR, so no, it better not get changed, he's weak enough as it is. Nerfing him more just ruins him.
    They can change him without nerfing him.
    It's not hard to keep an eye on Shaco and see where he's laying traps ^^
    You can know where his traps are but if you have to go there then you have to go there.

...And all it takes is one person with a stealth-detect pot...

250g just to counter Shaco boxes? I don't think that's a very good investment.
    Shaco is squishy as hell and not overly hard to deal with - The only thing he has going for him as AP is his ability to defend. Unless someone walks into traps, or loves eating constant Shivs, he's not going to actually hurt anyone.

As AD he may not play as 'pansy' as AP but that just makes killing him even easier for the sake of being melee.

There really is no way to change his strengths without it being a nerf considering he's weaksauce already outside of being a box-machine.

Yeah, it's easy but the rest isnt. I've had to hold off 2-3 people at once for prolonged periods of time - Thats not all that good when you're literally limited to 2 abilities for (pitiful) damage and 2 for staying alive. Best case scenario some moron will get feared under the turret and eat too much damage because they love making a heroic (stupid) dive. 75% of my Damage is, pretty much, turrets.

To set up a full boxtrap will require at least 2-3 minutes of just standing in one general area planting boxes. By then any previous boxes start breaking. In that time a Rammus or any mobile Champ can and will have likely gone for a cap on 1-2 nodes. Hardly a productive comparison.

Tonight Shaco was banned almost 10 times in a row and it's all for the same reasoning as why Rammus is banned. They are a nieussance people don't want to have to deal with, but they cannot carry a full match.
    Yes, he is squishy and yes he is hard to deal with, that's why he gets banned/picked so much. If he's putting boxes under the tower you pretty much have to push the minions up to break them or you'll lose half your health before you even fight him.

They can of course nerf his boxes but compensate him in other areas e.g. stats per level, better scaling etc.

Yes, doing a full box trap is a waste of time and not the best way to play him so it isn't a productive comparison. I'm not sure why you brought it up.
    And Shaco is a mobile champ.

They can't carry in the Ashe sense on SR but they can both win Dominion games hence why they are banned/picked so much. That nuisance of constantly being behind your lines decapping your points is a very powerful weapon in Dominion. And Shaco is even better due to the fact that he is such an awesome defender.

For Companion Box...

Seriously man, do consider Karma as a purchase, even if you don't play her seriously. She's the perfect balance between Mage & Support, can slot into either role - She's not to be sniffed at in either role. Just had a fun moment with a fail Sion / Heimerdinger rush under the turret - Explained to you before how nice she is as a defender.

NEVAR!

Pantheon in Dom, words cannot describe !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

When solo queuing in 1200-1400 what do people go when they have their pick?

I'm not the greatest mage player so I'll always assume someone can play a pubstomper like Annie or Malz. I used to pick OP dps junglers like Noct/GP/Udyr but I've gotten sick of either not being able to gank or blamed when a lane fails and I'm on the other side of the map.

If I see an Akali/Lee/Galio pick top, I'll take Renekton or if I see an Irelia I'll pick Rumble just because I know I'll win the lane but lately I've been choosing AD carries.

I reckon AD carry is one of the most commonly f*cked up roles and I know I can win my lane 9 times out of 10 and be the most farmed champ as long as the support knows how to play and the team don't fail.

If I can pick Cait, I pick Cait. Head and shoulders the best solo queue carry imo. If Cait's gone I'll take Vayne. You need to be warier early game but it's nice to have a champ that can 1 on 1 anyone.

For the nine ranked games I've played this season I've picked:
    Cassiopeia mid cause she is just awesome strong with brilliant harass and holds up very well in team fights.
    Yorick top cause his sustain is hilarious. He turns into an awesome tank later with all the lifesteal too.
    And I too have a thing for Cait.

Still waiting for the ladder to settle down. The last game I played there was 100 elo gap between first and last player. I'll pick what the team needs but try to avoid support cause I find it boring and jungling sometimes isn't worth the whining.

I have had alot of success with phoenix jungle udyr, you really need to max movement speed any way you can through runes masteries, bear stance and items. I also enjoy lee sin when he not being banned, both of them offer really strong early game ganks and a great transition to late game where with nocturne and warwick they only get really scary after level 6.

In solo top lane im really enjoying irelia with flash teleport. I play really passively with regrowth pendant and health regen quints, eating harass till mid to late game and farming up. I just need to hit about 150 CS then tp drag or bot lane and start wrecking stuff. She does well against other strong sustain/farming champions like chogath and yorik, equaling their sustain, keeping up with their farm and edging out their damage.

Strong early game champs with ignite give me alot of hassle in top lane, talon,garen and yeah rumble mainly. Garen actually hard counters alot of melee in top lane, hes really good as well.

In mid i tend to go with brand most of the time, his early game is beast and 9 times out of 10 you'll probably be fighting annie, which you can usually edge out a kill before she hits level 6. I play a bit of orianna as shes still pretty decent with good harass and farming potential. If you can actually grab morgana without someone queue dodging, its pretty much game over, you literally cant loose your lane as morgana.

Caitlyn is ridiculously popular at the moment, if you dont grab her you'll be fighting her and if you are fighting her with anything other than kogmaw or vayne you are at a pretty big disadvantage.

Though i would trust seifers advice more on this as he did reach a pretty respectable ranking last season.

• Advertisement

vlad/lux ap mid
    cait/vayne ad carry
    nasus/irelia top
    sona/lux support (lol lux support)
    amumu jungle

Obviously i dont get to jungle amumu very often, but hes about the only thing i can jungle.

Advertisement