Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I love when peeps get caught or intentionally go 5v1 or 2v1 and rage you for not being there. :pac:

No i will not go to my death. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Taylor365 wrote: »
    I love when peeps get caught or intentionally go 5v1 or 2v1 and rage you for not being there. :pac:

No i will not go to my death. :P

Or when 1 person gets caught out by 3+ of the enemy team and your the closest person in a 5 mile radius and you keep just out of range as to not get killed too

"Vi WTF? Why didn't you help me? Reported"

Also how about them PROJECT skins? Project Yasuo is one of my favorite skins in the game but i just don't have enough experience with Yasuo to warrant getting it. I reckon the skins are for Lucian, Leona, Zed, Fiora and Jax

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Jesus...17 death adc......what league is that?!

It was clearly the support, always blame the support :p

I'm seeing a lot of Tryndameres now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Fallen in Love with Malphite again. He's so much fun to play. Ult in, smack them to death while your team follows up. (or runs away to leave you to die). Either way, such a satisfying ult to land.

So, im pretty sure Vel'koz is the strongest character in the game at the moment :D Currently on a 15 win streak with the character alone, lost some games inbetween on other characters but Vel'koz has yet to fail me. Support is my least favourite position but now i just play Vel'koz and end up with the most damage on my team :pac:

I did face an Olaf today though. Damn that was tough, couldn't do anything to stop him from getting to me. Still won though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

So, im pretty sure Vel'koz is the strongest character in the game at the moment :D Currently on a 15 win streak with the character alone, lost some games inbetween on other characters but Vel'koz has yet to fail me. Support is my least favourite position but now i just play Vel'koz and end up with the most damage on my team :pac:

I did face an Olaf today though. Damn that was tough, couldn't do anything to stop him from getting to me. Still won though :D

You play him top as well as mid?

Nah. The Olaf was during team fights. I played him top once because of team miscommunication in the pre game lobby, but I would never take him top intentionally as there are just to many meta tops that can get onto Velkoz and **** him.

Jax, Lee Sin, Darius, Elise, Skarner, Draven (very tiny one though) buffs

Maokai, Gragas, Azirs, Rek'sai, Kalista nerfs

Looks like they went flashy champions for worlds :P

Now just remove Lulu next patch

Whats with Mordekaiser lately? Features in a lot of strange bans...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Haven't seen him yet, but he's being worked as an unconventional adc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

A bit off topic, but does anyone have any recommendations for a good (nerdy) fancy dress event in Dublin for Halloween? I plan on making a Jinx costume and my fiance is going as Annie :P I haven't been out for Halloween in years except to house shindigs, haven't a clue where is good anymore...

rawn wrote: »
    Haven't seen him yet, but he's being worked as an unconventional adc
    I once took Wukong as adc.....got flamed to hell but had the enemy surrender at 20 min mark :D

He now works best in a duo lane as he will get full experience from minions he kills. That means he will always be ahead in terms of experience in a duo lane as the opposing bot lane will have to share experience (assuming he keeps up in CS). He can also enslave the dragon and send him off across the map if he wants!

Playboy wrote: »
    He now works best in a duo lane as he will get full experience from minions he kills. That means he will always be ahead in terms of experience in a duo lane as the opposing bot lane will have to share experience (assuming he keeps up in CS). He can also enslave the dragon and send him off across the map if he wants!
    Hmmmmm i must try this out!

Hmmmmm i must try this out!

Make sure you play with a support who has specced into experience masteries and/or experience runes and then both of you will level really quickly. Also probably best to play a support that can poke the enemy adc consistently and/or defend you from poke ala Braum.

Zilean plus Mordekasier will probably be level 18 about 10 minutes in

Sure why not get relic shields on both of them for max gold and become the most annoying unkillable bot in history

I once took Wukong as adc.....got flamed to hell but had the enemy surrender at 20 min mark :D

Pantheon AP support is pretty legit. Get spellthief for mana/gold and keep jumping on the enemy ADC. Get CDR and maybe a zhonys, its really fun :P

I ended up with Frost Queen/Sightstone/CDR boots/Iceborn/Banner of Command/Zhonyas. We were vs an Ashe and Blitz though :P

A ranked troll team would be fun :D

How bad did Riot **** up with the 4 Juggernaut reworks? Everyone one of them is OP and always banned. Apparently Skarner was hit with a balance hotfix but i haven't seen him make it through bans to find out. Meanwhile Vayne has risen to power even though she hasn't changed much, if at all. I ban her every game.

In other news, On my ADC runepage i replaced my AD quints with AS quints and my CS in lane as a marksman has come on in leaps and bounds! Try it!

Only one I ban is Garen.

Fiora/Darius are very hit and miss. Darius and Skarner are nerfed on the PBE I think

In other news, On my ADC runepage i replaced my AD quints with AS quints and my CS in lane as a marksman has come on in leaps and bounds! Try it!

This has been standard since season 4 i think. AS is way better for last hitting in the early game. Same in jungle with ad champs usually.

• Advertisement

Korvanica wrote: »
    This has been standard since season 4 i think. AS is way better for last hitting in the early game. Same in jungle with ad champs usually.

The ADC one with ADC quints was the first runepage i ever made in early Season 3, just never bothered changing it :o I do run AS runes on most my junglers though

**** Garen in general.

Spin, silence, 1900 true damage if you're the villain. All while being unkillable

IvySlayer wrote: »
    **** Garen in general.

Spin, silence, 1900 true damage if you're the villain. All while being unkillable
    Go Kayle, wreck him.

The new champ is kind of underwhelming. With all the hype about the dual entity champ i was kinda expecting some brand new game mechanics like controlling two different characters, or some enhanced pet mechanics. But. I do like the look and the theme of the character plus the launch skin is really nice, so nice i may get the bundle.

I try to stay away from new champs at launch and wait until the hype dies down before trying them out but i have an overwhelming urge to main this champ right out of the gate. I also see no reason why it can't be played outside of the jungle, there is nothing in its kit besides the Wolf Passive that makes it a jungle only champ, and even then you can just make your way to the jungle and kill whatever the wolf hungers for to get the buff.

So what do ye think of the new champ? Kindred: The Eternal Huntress
    Passive: Mark of the Kindred

Lamb marks an enemy champion - anywhere on the map - for death. After a delay, the mark activates - if Kindred kills them, or assists in their death, they gain a permanent stackable bonus to their basic attacks. In addition to Lamb choosing an enemy champion for the Mark of the Kindred, Wolf automatically hungers for large enemy jungle monsters from time to time. All champions can see targets that are marked for death.

Q: Dance of Arrows

Kindred dashes in a target direction before firing at up to three nearby enemies.

W: Wolf's Frenzy

Passive: Kindred builds stacks of Hunter’s Vigor as they move around. Once fully stacked, Kindred’s next basic attack steals a flat amount of health.
    Active: Wolf temporarily splits from Lamb, creating a large spirit zone around him and attacking whoever Lamb attacks, or his closest enemy. Lamb can cast Dance of Arrows with a greatly reduced cooldown while inside Wolf's Frenzy.

E: Mounting Dread

Kindred initially slows a targeted enemy. If they’re then able to attack their crippled target three times in quick succession, the target suffers a burst of percent max health damage.

R: Lamb's Respite

Kindred creates a large but temporary zone beneath itself or a targeted ally. While active, Lamb's Respite prevents ALL units within its boundaries from dropping below critical levels of health. Finally, Lamb's Respite applies a flat heal to all champions still inside as it ends.

I hope her passive works better than Quinns when it comes to target selection.

Her damage seems off the charts and will defo be toned down a lot for live. She can solo baron in 5 SECONDS !

Her ult also seems game changing. Stopping everyone from dying, and healing teammates at the end. Doesn't matter that its possible for enemies to avail of the no fatal damage. Most times when the ult will be used it'll be an ally close to death, not an enemy.

Nice to finally see a ranged jungle centric champ. Not sure what use she will be in botlane as she has only 500 range apparently. Toplane may be a possibility if you push like crazy and roam regularly and take jungle camps to stack the passive.

Solo Baron at 85minutes into the game with 83 kills :rolleyes: I'm sure Nasus could do the same. I like this champion alot especially the voice work, best Riot have done so far.

Also this
    http://ask.fm/RiotLyte/answer/132587652034?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=answer_own#_=_

Ranked in Season 6 will much like team builder. I don't like Support or Top so much but i can play them no problem if im 4th or 5th pick. I main mid and with this team builder style ranked it will probably take so long to find a game :(

Solo Baron at 85minutes into the game with 83 kills :rolleyes: I'm sure Nasus could do the same. I like this champion alot especially the voice work, best Riot have done so far.

Also this
    http://ask.fm/RiotLyte/answer/132587652034?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=answer_own#_=_

Ranked in Season 6 will much like team builder. I don't like Support or Top so much but i can play them no problem if im 4th or 5th pick. I main mid and with this team builder style ranked it will probably take so long to find a game :(
    I find lately, no one has a problem about being Supp and a lot of people will actually pref it. That is, in the depths of plat III of course.

Dead Mans Plate is really good, tried it on Mundo and I was an unkillable wrecking machine

Do ye listen to any shows on league of anything ?

Love Summoning Insight as for some reason I cannot get enough of Thoorin. (Yea I know :rolleyes:)

Used to listen to First Blood too with Richard Lewis but that seems to have been stopped months ago.

Any recommendations ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

DoA talking about Irish Malphite players yesterday...

Advertisement