Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

Vlad, Ryze and sej will be my 3 bans this patch

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Tahm Kench so fun :D

His ult kinda feels useless though. The range isn't good and takes too long to cast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Tahm Kench so fun :D

His ult kinda feels useless though. The range isn't good and takes too long to cast

Haven't played him yet but it seems nice for a possible duo split push situation with maybe a Sivir and his ult can be used for TP to Baron?

Haven't played him yet but it seems nice for a possible duo split push situation with maybe a Sivir and his ult can be used for TP to Baron?

Faster to walk in there in all honestly. Trying to flank can be tough in solo q, people simply don't want to trust me :pac:

You can eat an ally Morgana while she's ulting :P

Faster to walk in there in all honestly. Trying to flank can be tough in solo q, people simply don't want to trust me :pac:

You can eat an ally Morgana while she's ulting :P

Oh that's big, huge infact. I assume it cancels her ult? Although i haven't seen much of Morg these days in ranked, its like she fell of the face of the earth even though shes still very strong.

I was talking about a split push bot. In most situations late game if you see 1 player of the enemy team bot you start Baron. But i suppose split push roles can already be filled by once person with a TP, so...meh

• Advertisement

If you're bot at the first turret the max range would be a little past the dragon pit

If you're bot at the first turret the max range would be a little past the dragon pit

Oh.....Ill get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

So I was on a 4 game carry streak with Fizz, when I finally hit promos.
    You know what that means!

I was matched with a Xin from the previous game where I went 19-6, and of course he first bans Fizz (who he saw me do incredibly well with) then insta locked ezreal, because, and I quote, 'Hes op'. When confronted about whether he can play him, he said no.
    Great. Dodge. 1 Loss.

Second game!
    All is well, I'm second pick, I get mid. Oh wait, no, Yasuo wants mid! So Yasuo locks in yasuo, called me a stupid ass btich and flames me all game, while going 0-8 vs a KARTHUS.

Why do promos bestow such torture upon me?

i wouldnt dodge if in a promo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Seaaan wrote: »
    So I was on a 4 game carry streak with Fizz, when I finally hit promos.
    You know what that means!

I was matched with a Xin from the previous game where I went 19-6, and of course he first bans Fizz (who he saw me do incredibly well with) then insta locked ezreal, because, and I quote, 'Hes op'. When confronted about whether he can play him, he said no.
    Great. Dodge. 1 Loss.

Second game!
    All is well, I'm second pick, I get mid. Oh wait, no, Yasuo wants mid! So Yasuo locks in yasuo, called me a stupid ass btich and flames me all game, while going 0-8 vs a KARTHUS.

Why do promos bestow such torture upon me?

Why would you dodge in a promo? At least you have some chance rather than taking a loss for nothing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

promo? what is a promo?

That new Devourer though! Vayne jungle was a pretty niche thing before but im expecting to see it alot more since a Sated Devo applies her W on 2 hits instead of 3!

Couple of champs i could see being stronger in the jungle with this patch

Aatrox - W applies on 2 hits now, but his clears are pretty slow so cant hard farm as fast as other champs
    Diana - Already pretty strong + Runeglaive buffs, but this could open another path to build her "on-hit"
    Fizz - Not sure if better than other jungle items but i know hes pretty comfortable in the jungle so another build path?
    Jax - Passive builds faster plus the Ult passive applies on 2 hits instead of 3
    Kayle - Could be strong, plus she got a buff to her E also
    Master Yi - Could be OP now. Clears the jungle so well, his passive stacks so much faster and his E procs also
    Shyvana - Clears the jungle so so well and procs on the bonus damage from her W and E
    Vi - W applies on 2 hits! So, AA - E - AA - E, thats alot of damage
    Xin - Knock up on 2 hits and healing on his W(?)

Could be an interesting patch

-Edit- Just took a Diana jungle there now in ranked. Went Devo > Nashors > Zhonyas > Abyssal > Sorc > Frozen Gauntlet. Wanted to get merc threads but i left the fountain after i bought the Sorc out of sheer habit. Felt the same as Runeglaive to be honest, its probably better because i had more sustained damage with my autos and the burst felt like it was still there. Worst part is the early game, not only is Devo and Nashors got great early but farming the jungle is so boring

I play Xin mostly at the moment and he is really strong with Devourer. Yi and Udyr are OP again. Shyvana's damage is off the charts but probably better to do it top lane as she really struggles when ganking from the jungle.

I tried Attack Speed Sej with Devourer a couple of times... its not bad actually. Your clear speeds are really fast but you have to play her very different when ganking because you get blown up really easily. I played three and won three with her, first two games I went devourer then nashors then tanky and third game I just went devourer and then tanky. Once you get on to the backline you can actually kill them again like prior to the cinderhulk and W nerfs.

rawn wrote: »
    promo? what is a promo?

There is no smiley so going to respond as if you are serious :D Its your promotional games when moving up divisions in ranked, usually a best of three but sometimes a best of five if moving between bronze, silver, gold etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Playboy wrote: »
    There is no smiley so going to respond as if you are serious :D Its your promotional games when moving up divisions in ranked, usually a best of three but sometimes a best of five if moving between bronze, silver, gold etc.

Ty i was serious, I have never played ranked, just a casual player :P

Playboy wrote: »
    Why would you dodge in a promo? At least you have some chance rather than taking a loss for nothing?

We had a duo top lane and no adc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

We had a duo top lane and no adc

Don't you automatically lose your promo if you dodge? May as well play it, you may still win.

No, you lose 1 game, and honestly it's not worth the stress it causes for everyone to be flaming and nobody doing what they should be doing. Nobody in silver understands it's a team game. If one person can lose the game, what's stopping the flamer from winning us the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

No, you lose 1 game, and honestly it's not worth the stress it causes for everyone to be flaming and nobody doing what they should be doing. Nobody in silver understands it's a team game. If one person can lose the game, what's stopping the flamer from winning us the game?
    These are best games to concentrate on your solo game :D

I once won a game in 20mins (other team surr) as ad carry wukong. I KID YOU NOT!

Had like 2 double kills before they gave up :pac:

Meanwhile i was being flayed by my own team :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Did they change it? Pretty sure you used to forfeit the series if you dodged but I could be wrong.

Don't worry, that continues all the way up to high plat and probably further!

Braum is super strong right now imo, as long as you ban Morgana

• Advertisement

n1ck wrote: »
    Did they change it? Pretty sure you used to forfeit the series if you dodged but I could be wrong.

Don't worry, that continues all the way up to high plat and probably further!

They changed it this season I believe. I'm on serious tilt, in SILVER. My last 5 games I've won lane and done well, but just can't do what I need to do to carry. My last game my team were 5-34. WE LOST TO A POACHERS KNIFE AMUMU

They changed it this season I believe. I'm on serious tilt, in SILVER. My last 5 games I've won lane and done well, but just can't do what I need to do to carry. My last game my team were 5-34. WE LOST TO A POACHERS KNIFE AMUMU

LoL, hardest game ever. This year i went from a promo to platinum, lost the promo and left Gold 1. Had my ups and downs but eventually dropped right down to Gold 5 :eek: and now im currently at Gold 2. Game is luck based i tells ya ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

My promos are always like a great waterpark slide without the fun part.

A super hard long trek to get there to the top, then immediately slide back down to the bottom to start again :(

SeantheMan wrote: »
    My promos are always like a great waterpark slide without the fun part.

A super hard long trek to get there to the top, then immediately slide back down to the bottom to start again :(

Dem the breaks! To be honest I just stopped focusing on climbing and just focused on improving every game instead. I float between Silver 1 and 2 these days. I'm sure I will surf a lucky streak one of these days and end up in Gold although I dont rule out falling to bronze either! :p

I can genuinely say that in 90% of my games I am not a contributing factor to the loss and in that case you have to remember the system wants to keep you around a 50% win ratio. I play champs I know in positions I'm good at in nearly all my games. I'm not one to YOLO a new champ in ranked unless I have a considerable number of normals under my belt. Some people can just pick up a champ and be ready to go, I'm not one of those people!!

Also if I go on tilt for more than 3 games then I walk away and play something else for a few days. That strategy has helped prevent big slides.

I roam a lot more these days and find my win rate has gone up a bit (jumped a few divisions). I suppose its what you view as "winning lane". for example Id consider bot lane won if vayne can make it to level 11 and be close (within 20 cs) to the other ADC due to late game scaling. Similarly Id consider lane lost if I was playing riven and had not got any kills in the first 10 mins. Likewise if you are playing kata mid and are winning by 2 kills and 20 cs but the enemy mid laner has more map pressure then you have pretty much lost lane.

there isnt that many instances of won lane lost game. well at least not as many as people would make you believe

Agreed. If you win lane hard in most cases its better to bring your power to another lane and get them ahead rather than kill your enemy laner that is probably worth nothing if you are already feeding off them. That being said, i don't always do it :rolleyes: Especially if im playing something like Aatrox top. I'd much prefer to hard push my lane and make them send 2+ to deal with me, in some cases 3 and keep my TP for Dragon control

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Dat kayle jungle though..

Fiora locked in top lane. She takes heal and flash. She's vs a pantheon. I tell her shes hard countered and needs either TP/Flash or TP/Ignite

She ends up 2/15 while flaming the team.

What chance do we have with those type of players

Fiora locked in top lane. She takes heal and flash. She's vs a pantheon. I tell her shes hard countered and needs either TP/Flash or TP/Ignite

She ends up 2/15 while flaming the team.

What chance do we have with those type of players

You should have just dodged. Nobody else will ever dodge because they care too much about the 3-10lp loss, but the stress it saves is so worth the wait

• Advertisement

New HUD looks really nice, Gangplank rework is a lot of fun.

New announcer is annoying

Advertisement