Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    DoA talking about Irish Malphite players yesterday...

That was with Phreak wasn't it ? Saying something about how if you're playing from Ireland and pick Malph, you are forced into using Shamrock Malphite. Lol. If only. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I for one can't stand those Summoning Insight videos - i don't understand how he can talk for soooooo long about EVERYTHING, like literally anything he comments on is about 10x longer than it could have been! He is very intelligent though and knows **** loads about the game.

n1ck wrote: »
    I for one can't stand those Summoning Insight videos - i don't understand how he can talk for soooooo long about EVERYTHING, like literally anything he comments on is about 10x longer than it could have been! He is very intelligent though and knows **** loads about the game.

Some of his descriptions etc are very long winded alright, I find them quite entertaining. :D

Good background noise for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Korvanica wrote: »
    Some of his descriptions etc are very long winded alright, I find them quite entertaining. :D

Good background noise for work.

I do enjoy listening to him on CSGO panels because of his knowledge but his shows I have no interest in unless there is something specific they're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

What's the verdict on Kindred so far? Played one game just now in the jungle and finished at 8/2/9. Felt good but our mid lane Morgana was ultra fed so that may have influenced me thinking i was stronger than i actually was. Their first clear isn't the best but it gets real easy after a few levels and with the AoE smite enchant

Also if you Q then W after the Q it still lowers the CD on your Q. You don't have to have the W active before the Q dash for it to CD. Good way to get an extra bit of distance on ganks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

The Koreans did a special video as they do with all new champs, inviting a pro into the studio and getting their view and having a few games with them.
    2 of the panel are casters (1 used to be a pro..Cloud Templar) , the other 2 are coaches of Korean teams, 1 is the SKT coach.
    This week they had Fnatic Reignover

(Previously they had Faker in for the Ekko special) and Tahm Kench, Shows are pretty funny.
    (there are subtitles ) ;) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

What's the verdict on Kindred so far? Played one game just now in the jungle and finished at 8/2/9. Felt good but our mid lane Morgana was ultra fed so that may have influenced me thinking i was stronger than i actually was. Their first clear isn't the best but it gets real easy after a few levels and with the AoE smite enchant

Also if you Q then W after the Q it still lowers the CD on your Q. You don't have to have the W active before the Q dash for it to CD. Good way to get an extra bit of distance on ganks

Her/it ganks are lethal

I took Pantheon vs a Kindred jungler and destroyed her though. She can be countered very early in the jungle. Any early can just live in her jungle and make her useless.

Coming up on 3 years playing League and today i learned that TP has a shorter CD if you TP to a tower :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Coming up on 3 years playing League and today i learned that TP has a shorter CD if you TP to a tower :o

To be fair that was only introduced in the last year or so :)

rawn wrote: »
    To be fair that was only introduced in the last year or so :)

I seen a big thread recently on common tips etc that a lot of people don't seem to know about.
    I'll try find it
    Part 1 is below

1 : https://www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool/comments/2khy16/did_you_know_about_this_champions_skill_pt1/

Part 2 here

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2kjzk3/did_you_know_about_this_champions_skill_pt2/

Also, this list he compiled was a few months back, not sure how many are still relevant since patches etc
    I remembered some champions have mechanics/skill perks that aren't listed in their skills, decided to make a full list through using lolwiki and self-research. I've got 79 more to type up. here's the first 42.

Aatrox;
    W: Blood price/Thirst Can be blocked by pantheons passive, the effect still hits, but the base auto attack damage is blocked.
    If it is parried by fiora, the heal or bonus damage still apply, as with pantheons passive, but the base AA Damage will not.

Ahri; R: Spirit rush
    is able to dash through thin walls with her ultimate.

Akali: R: Shadow dance
    If ranked, Akali will start with 1 charge, and will respawn with 3 charges of Essence of Shadow.

Amumu: Q: Bandage toss Does not fizzle on amumu's death, it can still stun and deal damage.

Anivia: Passive, Rebirth. All debuffs are removed when triggered, including Mordekaiser R.
    During rebirth, you can use summoner spells, such as teleport providing you were chaneling them before you were an egg.
    Q: Flash Frost Spell shield will block the detonation ability, but not the pass-through effects.
    E: Frostbite The damage of frostbite is calculated on-hit. if chill expires whilst it is in the air, it will deal its normal damage.
    R: Glacial storm Will be stopped by all forms of cc, except Taunt or fear.
    W; Will cancel channeled abilities if cast close enough to displace the champions.

Annie; Passive; Pyromania. The stun applies to the first ability that hits. if you cast Q, followed by W and your Q has not landed yet, your stun will apply to incinerate.

Ashe; Passive; Focus Her abilities will not reset, or stop the counter.
    W: Volley Also applies the slow from Frost shot, whether it is toggled on or not. The higher the rank your Q is, the bigger the slow.
    R: Enchanted Crystal Arrow The primary target will be protected by spellshields; but those around it will not be.

Azir; R; Emperors Divide Can push fiora out of her ultimate if cast when she is targetable. (not confirmed, need to re-test this.)

Blitzcrank; E; Powerfist If the attack is blocked, or is missed it will still knock the target up.

Caitlyn; e: 90 caliber net is considered a channel, rather than a cast time, this means it can be interrupted.

Cassiopeia; E: twin fangs if the target becomes untargetable before the spell hits; it will go on full cooldown whether they are poisoned or not.
    twin fang has its cool down reduced to the 0.5 seconds from any poison including Teemo, Twitch and Singed.
    R; petrifying gaze. If a champions ability animations cause them to spin, and change the direction they are facing the ability will factor the direction they were facing on-cast.

Cho'Gath
    R: Feast Enemies who possess a current health that is lower than the total damage that Feast will deal are indicated by a ring of glowing red teeth underneath them.

Darius: Q: Decimate Will not apply the bonus amage to monsters or minions at ranges past 270 units.
    W: Crippling strike is blocked byh spells such as fioras riposte, jaxs E, or pantheons passive, but the bleed is still applied.
    R: Noxian guillotine Applies a stack of hemmorhage, but does not factor this into the damage.
    During the leap, he is considered to be channeling, and can be interrupted by hard CC.

Diana: Passive; Moonsilver blade Diana's target is guaranteed to take the damage, even if they flash out of range before the attack completes
    E: MoonFall Will interrupt channels.
    R: Lunar Rush can be interrupted if Diana is hit with crowd control while dashing. The ability will receive the full cooldown.
    MUNDO! W: Burning Agony His tenacity gained from this ability stacks with Tenacity gained from items. he can gain upto 59% tenacity, with the tenacious mastery, and 85% with Cleanse.
    E: Masochism The amount of AD gained through this spell changes as mundo gains, or loses hp.

DRAAAAAVEN: Passive: League of Draaaaaaven You gain adoration stacks from ward kills, teemos mushrooms and yoricks ghouls.
    q; Spinnng Axes The axes will bounce to the direction Draven is moving, so you can control where they fall. Just make a movement command BEFORE the Axe hit an enemy and the axe will always fall directly in your head. W: blood rush. Gives Draven the ability to ignore unit collision whilst the movement speed buff is active.

Elise: Passive: Spider swarm Elise will begin the game and respawn with the maximum available spiderling charges
    when you are in spiderform, all your spiderlings including your Volatile Spiderling, will jump onto the target of your Q.

Evelynn; Passive; Shadow walk Certain item actives break her out of stealth, such as sweeping lens, and oracle's lens, whilst other trinkets do not.
    W: Dark frenzy The passive MS boost stacks with the active MS boost.
    E: Ravage If the target dies on the first hit of ravage; evelynn will strike another nearby target.
    it also applies two stacks of dark frenzy when used on an enemy champion.

Ezreal; Passive. Rising spell force; If an ally is hit by Essence flux, it will apply stacks.
    W/e; you can E into your W to get the essence flux AS boosts on yourself.

Fiddlesticks: W; drain if the target becomes untargetable, through abilities such as fizz's playful it will continue to channel as long as they stay in range.
    R: crowstorm If fiddlesticks is rooted during his channel, he will still blink to the target. however, the root is applied for its remaining duration.
    He can use summoner spells during the channel, so long as they do not require him to move.

Fizz Q; Due to the range of Fizz's Q, if you use it at max range, Lich Bane/Sheen will proc on the ability itself. Otherwise, it will proc for your next AA.

GangPlank
    W: Can cast his W whilst silenced, and whilst being knocked up. He will still be knocked up, but he will be able to use abilities.

Heimerdinger Q: Leveling-up and ranking-up H-28G Evolution Turrets will not affect the stats of any existing Turret. The turrets are considered pets, and can be W'd to by braum.
    Upgraded W: Only one wave of the rockets are blocked by spellshields, the rest hit normally.

Janna: E; Eye of storm; Allied turrets will benefit from the bonus AD from the shield. If janna has possession of an ardent censer, they will also gain the bonus Attack speed.
    if the turret kills a player, or assists in a kill, janna will be credited.

Jarvan; Q: dragon strike will pull jarvan to his standard if he is immobilized, though it will not remove the immobilize itself.
    E: Demacian Standard The standard can be targeted by ally abilities, such as teleport, or lee sin W.

Jax; Q; Leap strike can be used on any targetable ally, or enemy unit, except towers or inhibs.
    W: Empower Will cause muramana's bonus damage to trigger twice with one auto.

• Advertisement

Anyone playing one for all? How come Teemo is greyed out, doesn't mention him being banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Teemo and Karthus are always banned during One-for-all. I think you can probably guess why...

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    Teemo and Karthus are always banned during One-for-all. I think you can probably guess why...

Oh really...

My first game was Teemo vrs Teemo...10 Teemos. It was horrible
    Later had a Morg vrs Poppy game...we got wrecked late game.

Pantheon seems very strong, constant W's onto people is hillarious, and all using Grand Skyfall for Dragon or Baron.

Anyone had any great games on One For All ?

SeantheMan wrote: »

Pantheon seems very strong, constant W's onto people is hillarious, and all using Grand Skyfall for Dragon or Baron.

Blitz vs veigar, the poor purple bastard was useless. Had an all garen game that was insane.

Had a veigar vrs Ezreal game.
    The longer it went on...Veigar just scaled with his Q.
    By 35mins the groups of Veigars were 1 shotting everyone :(

Have played 2 Heimerdinger games. Lost both. I don't know why people keep picking him. Fun for the first 10 minutes when you push them under tower but after that its painful.

Played 1 kindred game. Never again, insta ban now because noone knows how to play her.

Lee Sin is loads of fun.

I really hope someoned went AP Panth :P

Played a game of 5 tahm kench vs 5 tahm kench, it took over an hour to finish. Eat someone who has eaten an enemy who had your teammate inside them

5 vs 5 Darius was a messy game too

Ziggs vs Kennen was ridiculous, once the Kennens grouped and ulted we got annihlated. With Ziggs you can use your satchel charge to knock other Ziggs over wall or knock them into the enemy :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYYBCjzGcKI&feature=share

ENGLISH IS THE DUB AND INFERIOR VO!

Nautilus vs Ahri. Once he hit level 6 the poor foxy lady was just consta stunned and knocked up, they surrendered at 20. One of the Nauts went AD, he kicked ass.

• Advertisement

We had a Panth vrs Blitz game. Even with Blitz's knockups, pulls and constant R's ....we still came out the winners.
    Panth is great in One for All. I went jungle, and had both jungles all to myself, it was lovely :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

We had lux against karthus on howling abyss and it was disgusting.
    They couldn't get close, think we had 3 levels on them by the time they hit 6 and we had mass shielding for requiem.
    Also played a blitz game and the enemy picks morg...

Played a Kenned game last night. I went AD, everyone else went AP. Versus Nidalee. I was able to 1v3 them. Kennen ad is insanely powerful.

Got Darius first pick in a ranked game. He is soooooo broken.

A heal on his Q that is based on missing health!

Played One For All last night on my KR account.
    Game loads up, we get Lee Sin vrs Anivia.
    10 minutes in the Anivias give up. They don't come out of their base, they just sit beside the fountain.
    They don't even try to make the game interesting.

After pushing turrets and minions up and breaking in, we find all the Anivias just casting their Ultimate on the Nexus and Turrets........Korean people are really bad sports at LOL. I hate playing KR server :(, AFKs or Trolls all day.

the above...Anivias chilling in their base

the above...Anivias chilling in their base

From what i've heard from yourself and others, it sounds like its completely pointless playing multiplayer games in Korea. and that sucks. :(

I only go there because of ping. It's a 190 ping difference between my KR and NA servers :P (7-9 -> 197-205)

I played Zilean v Kennan last night. Kennan get destroyed, just bombs everywhere and we couldn't die. Most fun game so far

• Advertisement

rawn wrote: »
    I played Zilean v Kennan last night. Kennan get destroyed, just bombs everywhere and we couldn't die. Most fun game so far

Kennens should have rushed 5 banners. Say goodbye to zileans waveclear :D

Advertisement