Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Played a jungle game with my waifu Diana and picked up the Runeglaive. I don't know if i just had a bad game or not but it feels like Magus was much better on her.

I know Sheen is part of the build path but mana on this item that has a restore mana passive is useless. Lichbane also gives MS which i would much rather over the CDR on Runeglaive, and picking up a Runeglaive kinda stops me from building Lichbane as it would be a waste.

Diana hits a big power spike after every item but when i built Runeglaive it didn't feel as pronounced as when i build Magus. Still won the game though :rolleyes: It just feels like im not hitting the spike as early as i did with Magus, but come 3-4 items Diana is gonna murder things.

Took Elise to a few custom games and to be honest the buffs dont make much a difference in the jungle. Not feeling it. Plus how the **** do you build her? She has terrible AP scaling but do you take AP Masteries? Or AD? Or Tank?

Anyone tried out Elise or the new Runeglaive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Played a jungle game with my waifu Diana and picked up the Runeglaive. I don't know if i just had a bad game or not but it feels like Magus was much better on her.

I know Sheen is part of the build path but mana on this item that has a restore mana passive is useless. Lichbane also gives MS which i would much rather over the CDR on Runeglaive, and picking up a Runeglaive kinda stops me from building Lichbane as it would be a waste.

Diana hits a big power spike after every item but when i built Runeglaive it didn't feel as pronounced as when i build Magus. Still won the game though :rolleyes: It just feels like im not hitting the spike as early as i did with Magus, but come 3-4 items Diana is gonna murder things.

Took Elise to a few custom games and to be honest the buffs dont make much a difference in the jungle. Not feeling it. Plus how the **** do you build her? She has terrible AP scaling but do you take AP Masteries? Or AD? Or Tank?

Anyone tried out Elise or the new Runeglaive?

Elise is one of those champs I just cant play. I'm not sure what the rationale is for changing the jungle AP item. Were there AP champions who really struggled with mana costs in jungle that would prefer the mana refund over 40 AP? Sej struggles with mana but i wouldnt go for an ap item over cinderhulk. Who benefits from the new item?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Damn I was hoping to play Fiddlesticks more.

It sounds good on gangplank/poppy though :P

New Rek'sai skin is nice, but i don't play Rek'sai enough to warrant a buy. I then proceeded to buy Lulu with IP and buy her new skin despite never playing her before. What do?

New Rek'sai skin is nice, but i don't play Rek'sai enough to warrant a buy. I then proceeded to buy Lulu with IP and buy her new skin despite never playing her before. What do?

I really like the Zac skin and I main jungle so may start trying to play him more. I really dont like his passive mechanic though (the sustain blobs you have to collect).

• Advertisement

Blitzcrank with Talisman, Iceborn Gauntlet, Banner of Command is so much fun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

1538944_10155944767145556_2639120649439752848_n.jpg?oh=8d96eda891606c71d20db588fd385e99&oe=5625F510

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

I'll say this about LoL players compared to DotA - they can't read a map or use it properly. its amazing just how narrow everyones vision is

BMMachine wrote: »
    I'll say this about LoL players compared to DotA - they can't read a map or use it properly. its amazing just how narrow everyones vision is

Report the support no wards :mad:

I think I know why too. Ill explain later tonight as im busy atm :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Who needs wards?....... Once you know where the jungler is :P

If I'm jungling you need to ward for me to gank, you get a free one, just put it down somewhere! If a mid wants blue, I tell him ward up or I'm taking it myself. 75g and your trinket will do :P

If I'm laning, I always ward up, not afraid to buy pinks, will ping where enemy wards are so the jungler will know

People not upgrading their trinkets. :mad: Upgraded yellow and sweeper are so OP for the cost. How people haven't copped on ill never know. Every game im in thats fairly close i gotta remind people to upgrade and still people don't bother :mad:

I have a proposal for riot

If you go AFK once, you get kicked down a division automatically

You go AFK again within 3 days = 3 day ban dropped another division

Lost 2 games in a row because of AFK. Sick of it. I reckon about 4/10 games there's an AFK involved. You say karma? I don't recall the last game won because of enemy AFK.

I really need to find a soloQ partner again.

Am myself sick of the 1 in 4 chance of a lemon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I have a proposal for riot

If you go AFK once, you get kicked down a division automatically

You go AFK again within 3 days = 3 day ban dropped another division

Lost 2 games in a row because of AFK. Sick of it. I reckon about 4/10 games there's an AFK involved. You say karma? I don't recall the last game won because of enemy AFK.

It's possible people may have something urgent come up, you know.

So i just played my first game with an Runeglaive AP Ezreal, lucky for me he was on my team. The damage his Q does is absurd since everything procs off it including Luden's Echo and the Sheen effect on his Runeglaive. Crazy damage on such a low CD.

At one point he ulted mid in a 5v5 stand off and it took the enemy Ziggs and Vayne down to 20% HP i **** you not. We Sivir ulted and cleaned up after that. Ez might move in on my top 3 bans right now

So i just played my first game with an Runeglaive AP Ezreal, lucky for me he was on my team. The damage his Q does is absurd since everything procs off it including Luden's Echo and the Sheen effect on his Runeglaive. Crazy damage on such a low CD.

At one point he ulted mid in a 5v5 stand off and it took the enemy Ziggs and Vayne down to 20% HP i **** you not. We Sivir ulted and cleaned up after that. Ez might move in on my top 3 bans right now

played against one tonight, he got owned pretty hard :p much prefer mid champs like snakelady and foxgirl

He was played in LCS for Giants vs Fnatic the other day. Damage was insane. He was nearly two hitting Rek'sai who had built tanky

Playboy wrote: »
    He was played in LCS for Giants vs Fnatic the other day. Damage was insane. He was nearly two hitting Rek'sai who had built tanky

Just watched that game now, exciting stuff! This is the same kind of damage the Ez in my game was doing, its pretty disgusting and Runeglaive is getting a buff next patch :O

• Advertisement

Runeglaive won't proc with Ludens next patch though.

Played vs a Riven who I'm convinced was scripting. I beat her easily in lane, anytime I harassed her she'd pull off a perfect Q stun and try to kill me but her movement and decision making was bad. Once I knew her combo was up BAM, I engage and kill her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

People not upgrading their trinkets. :mad: Upgraded yellow and sweeper are so OP for the cost. How people haven't copped on ill never know. Every game im in thats fairly close i gotta remind people to upgrade and still people don't bother :mad:

Check yours with this

Says I ward more than 91% of players (96% for fighters)

On my KR account, (more than 99% of ADCs)

http://wardscore.loltools.net/

I do be screaming for upgraded trinkets every game to say the least, bronze is just a big dark cloud that I can't see a way out of :P

82% more than other players
    94% for Mage
    81% for fighters
    No games recorded as a Marksman, Tank or Assassin :confused: But here's the fun part...

26% for Supports :D
    But considering Velkoz is pretty much the only support i play and hes classed as a Mage thats probably why my Mage % is so high. But then again i never get sightstone on him and only upgrade my trinket at lvl 9 so....who knows? On the more traditional supports i always get sightstone and have a pink up so i don't know why its so low

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

82% more than other players
    94% for Mage
    81% for fighters
    No games recorded as a Marksman, Tank or Assassin :confused: But here's the fun part...

26% for Supports :D
    But considering Velkoz is pretty much the only support i play and hes classed as a Mage thats probably why my Mage % is so high. But then again i never get sightstone on him and only upgrade my trinket at lvl 9 so....who knows? On the more traditional supports i always get sightstone and have a pink up so i don't know why its so low

I don't know how he programmed it, as in if he chose champions e.g. VelKoz and assigned him as 'mid' .
    Because there are the likes of Annie, Morgana, Lux and lots of other champs who get taken into 2 or 3 roles.

I guess the Overall ward score is the only real metric you can go by which takes all wards placed into account.

**Just wondering - if game was 20 mins long, and for 19 mins you didn't ward....then at the last minute...bought a Sightstone...and spammed wards from fountain...would that count as 20+ wards etc placed ?

Lads, who are champs you have always been meaning to play, but never got around to it or got around to forking out the IP ?
    (A one off in ARAM or Bot game doesn't count, I mean 5-10 games of Normals etc)

I've always wanted to try Ziggs, Azir, Reksai, Kat (outside of ARAM), Darius, Aatrox, Warwick, Fiora, Diana, Yorick, Hec, Renekton and Vi.

Ive played one or two of them in an ARAM , but never anything more. I've just not had the IP I guess.
    It's also a though of learning a new champ from scratch, taking them into normals, going through the learning curve of skills and matchups....and as jungle how/who and when you can gank and bes jungle routes.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I don't know how he programmed it, as in if he chose champions e.g. VelKoz and assigned him as 'mid' .
    Because there are the likes of Annie, Morgana, Lux and lots of other champs who get taken into 2 or 3 roles.

I guess the Overall ward score is the only real metric you can go by which takes all wards placed into account.

**Just wondering - if game was 20 mins long, and for 19 mins you didn't ward....then at the last minute...bought a Sightstone...and spammed wards from fountain...would that count as 20+ wards etc placed ?

Lads, who are champs you have always been meaning to play, but never got around to it or got around to forking out the IP ?
    (A one off in ARAM or Bot game doesn't count, I mean 5-10 games of Normals etc)

I've always wanted to try Ziggs, Azir, Reksai, Kat (outside of ARAM), Darius, Aatrox, Warwick, Fiora, Diana, Yorick, Hec, Renekton and Vi.

Ive played one or two of them in an ARAM , but never anything more. I've just not had the IP I guess.
    It's also a though of learning a new champ from scratch, taking them into normals, going through the learning curve of skills and matchups....and as jungle how/who and when you can gank and bes jungle routes.

Ziggs is easy enough to master, same with Kat and Diana.

I'm working on Darius at the moment. Hard to gauge his strengths and weaknesseseseseses (when they are prominent and when they fall off in lane).

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

So AP fizz is fun as ever. Spammed him in solo queue last 3 days, 10 wins 3 losses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Ziggs is easy enough to master, same with Kat and Diana.

I'm working on Darius at the moment. Hard to gauge his strengths and weaknesseseseseses (when they are prominent and when they fall off in lane).

Darius is fun, but very reliant on his grab IMO, which is quite short range. Is amazing late game.

f3rivo.jpg

:P

I do play support a lot

3 Malphite top games
    2 Leona support
    2 Ryze games one top, one mid
    2 Thresh
    1 Alistair

Always wanted to play Yasuo. Bought his bundle when he was first released, played terrible on him and didn't touch him since. I feel like he needs the most precision of all champs in the game.

Also found out that you should max his E first in most situations. Who knew?!? Ill bring him into a normal draft at some stage, cant stand blind pick or team builder

• Advertisement

That new Devourer though! Vayne jungle was a pretty niche thing before but im expecting to see it alot more since a Sated Devo applies her W on 2 hits instead of 3!

Couple of champs i could see being stronger in the jungle with this patch

Aatrox - W applies on 2 hits now, but his clears are pretty slow so cant hard farm as fast as other champs
    Diana - Already pretty strong + Runeglaive buffs, but this could open another path to build her "on-hit"
    Fizz - Not sure if better than other jungle items but i know hes pretty comfortable in the jungle so another build path?
    Jax - Passive builds faster plus the Ult passive applies on 2 hits instead of 3
    Kayle - Could be strong, plus she got a buff to her E also
    Master Yi - Could be OP now. Clears the jungle so well, his passive stacks so much faster and his E procs also
    Shyvana - Clears the jungle so so well and procs on the bonus damage from her W and E
    Vi - W applies on 2 hits! So, AA - E - AA - E, thats alot of damage
    Xin - Knock up on 2 hits and healing on his W(?)

Could be an interesting patch

-Edit- Just took a Diana jungle there now in ranked. Went Devo > Nashors > Zhonyas > Abyssal > Sorc > Frozen Gauntlet. Wanted to get merc threads but i left the fountain after i bought the Sorc out of sheer habit. Felt the same as Runeglaive to be honest, its probably better because i had more sustained damage with my autos and the burst felt like it was still there. Worst part is the early game, not only is Devo and Nashors got great early but farming the jungle is so boring

Advertisement