Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Up 1/2 lb again at WI :( I am just so annoyed with myself. I have basically wasted the last 11 weeks on WW and €110. I don't know what is wrong with me. I just cant snap out of this. It has been 11 weeks since my last silver seven and I have only lost 4lb in the last 11 weeks. I feel like such a failure and I have soooo much left to lose :(

@GT: Leave me out of the spreadsheet this week, it is just too embarrassing at this stage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Smuggy McSmugster here tonight. Down 2lbs at WI tonight.

I joined over three weeks ago the week before I was due to go on holidays for 2 weeks. I was going to wait until I came back but I knew I would go bananas on hols if I knew I was starting when I got back. Sooo two weeks in Italy and I still managed to lose and didn't feel like I was missing out. Had my treats and walked all day sight seeing every day. Down 4.5 since the start. Nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lemonpie

Hi all, so happy I found this thread....it's been keeping me sane/amused/motivated for a couple of weeks now :) Feeling super frustrated after my WI, STS AGAIN despite a really good week and feeling confident I was down this week! I seem to be going from STS to losing 1/2 a pound to STS again. At this 10 weeks now and have lost 11 and a 1/2 pounds....does this seem very slow? Could I have reached a plateau already?

Monife wrote: »
    Up 1/2 lb again at WI :( I am just so annoyed with myself. I have basically wasted the last 11 weeks on WW and €110. I don't know what is wrong with me. I just cant snap out of this. It has been 11 weeks since my last silver seven and I have only lost 4lb in the last 11 weeks. I feel like such a failure and I have soooo much left to lose :(

@GT: Leave me out of the spreadsheet this week, it is just too embarrassing at this stage :(

Ahhh man sorry timing bad on my post :( Don't be annoyed with yourself, and your not a failure. It's still 4lb down and not up. Are you doing it 100% or just coasting??

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Ahhh man sorry timing bad on my post :( Don't be annoyed with yourself, and your not a failure. It's still 4lb down and not up. Are you doing it 100% or just coasting??

Thanks. Have been coasting majorly the last 11 weeks. Not putting effort in or some weeks putting effort in for like 4 days and then just completely blowing it. Also, have done hardly any exercise and I used to go out at least 4 times a week. I don't know what has happened I have just lost all motivation and just feel like eating what I want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

hey....dont worry....its okay....I bet your feeling healthier, you've prob lost loads of inches....and eating healthier is only going to do good things for your body!
    I've had disastrous few weeks my self!

We'll pick each other back up!

Thanks. Have been coasting majorly the last 11 weeks. Not putting effort in or some weeks putting effort in for like 4 days and then just completely blowing it. Also, have done hardly any exercise and I used to go out at least 4 times a week. I don't know what has happened I have just lost all motivation and just feel like eating what I want.

At least you know why your not seeing results... AND at least your not gaining when your not giving it your all.

I know if I'm not doing it at all I'm doing damage cos I keep on saying 'I'll start tomorrow' so go overboard. So your coasting you just need to find your mojo. Mayb set a mini goal or something thats coming up? Do it for 7 days and you'll be well chuffed. Like we all say one good day rolls into the next.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ladybird3

Anyone know how many propoints in 100g of meatballs?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Hope you're feeling ok Monife, keep at it it'll be worth it in the end! Don't feel like a failure, you've come so far already:)

Thanks for the good wishes. Feeling a bit more positive now :)
    Ladybird3 wrote: »
    Anyone know how many propoints in 100g of meatballs?

I would point that at 100g beef mince so that would be 5.7PP which would be 6PP. Don't forget the oil or anything they were cooked in. Or if breadcrumbs or egg yokes were added to them to make them stick.

• Advertisement

Hi guys, just saw a fab thread on the uk ww site, to help keep us all focused- Where do you see yourself in 3 months :) It's all about the mini goals!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Feeling v unmotivated this week, it's TOTM and everything and everyone is doing my head in!! Heading to oxegen on Friday, doing some last minute grocery shopping tomorrow, anyone have any suggestions on snacks I can take with me to stop me pigging out on evil burgers? :O not planning on pointing for the weekend cos it'll be near impossible but I don't wanna undo all my good work so far!! So has anyone any suggestions for me?
    Well done on all losses and STS this week btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Grannie Annie

[QUOTE=unknowngirl!!

Any bit of positivity is great at the moment so I feel on a high. Went straight to the gym after and did 2hrs of hard work, hopefully can keep it up for the whole week..
    [/QUOTE]

Wow that's brill to do 2 hrs in the gym well done! U'll def see results working out so hard. Keep it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I'm so glad you've said this because I am in exactly the same boat! :( I have been going to class every week since the second week of Jan and have lost only 15lbs :mad: It's very fustrating! I've had weeks were I have done my absolute best and gone up 0.5lb. There was a whole month where I was on a half pound see saw and it is so fustrating! So thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one struggling - we can do this together :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 gronja

newbee22 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just saw a fab thread on the uk ww site, to help keep us all focused- Where do you see yourself in 3 months :) It's all about the mini goals!

Hi newbee22,

Would you mind posting the link to that thread, it sounds good. Need a bit of encouragement at the moment :D

Thanks a mill,

gronja

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Second weigh in last night and down 3, that's 6.5 in two weeks. Wasnt expecting it at all seeing as it was TOTM! Hope it doesn;t catch up with me next week....still have to figure out which way my body works!!:confused:

Boop22 wrote: »
    Second weigh in last night and down 3, that's 6.5 in two weeks. Wasnt expecting it at all seeing as it was TOTM! Hope it doesn;t catch up with me next week....still have to figure out which way my body works!!:confused:

The body works in mysterious ways, I've given up guessing because I'm always wrong, weeks I expect to be up I lose loads, weeks I expect to lose loads I get a small loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

Hi Monife, Don't feel alone! I have been up and down for the last two months, I loose 3 lbs put back on 1, down 1/2 up 1 and have not been able to snap out of it either. I find I am really good most days during the week but the weekends I have got off the rails! Some weeks though, I have been good maybe 6 days out of the week, one bad day and it seems to wreck my loss for the week. Then I am really disheartened.
    With this bad weather I am not inclined to go walking, I know I should but the thought of walking in the howling wind and rain does not appeal!
    Yesterday I went shopping and I was so disgusted with myself because there were so many things I would have loved to buy but I knew they would only suit someone with less padding! Made me feel I have to get real and work hard at losing as I want to have the freedom to wear the mod stuff.
    So today I am starting again , don't say I will be perfect but I am going to try and remind myself of the reasons why I should do without that slice of cake !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

You know what I was thinking the other day was why does exercise have to be such a burden all the time? Why can't it be fun? This might not be for the boys so much but wouldn't it be cool if there were dance classes where you could learn the moves from music videos. Get your groove on to a bit of Lady G or Beyonce, and have a good workout at the same time. I've gone to the ballroom and the jazz classes but I'd prefer some pop music personally. I'd even give the 'count on me' video a go, although I might not have quite the same effect on men's libidos with me bits wobbling all over the place lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Down 1 lb last night which means I have achieved my personal goal of loosing every week for 12 weeks. Have lost 30 lbs in total and starting afresh for a new 12 week cycle. This time 12 weeks I want to be under 11 stone having lost 1 1/2 stone. Onwards and downwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

donnamc5 wrote: »
    You know what I was thinking the other day was why does exercise have to be such a burden all the time? Why can't it be fun?

I specifically went out and bought a new mp3 player when I started WW, the OH thought I was mad and it was a complete waste of money but I can honestly say that if it wasn't for music, I wouldn't do a tap. I don't do time limits - they're too daunting - I set myself goals of 5 songs on the exercise bike, or 10 songs on the bike, or one album's worth of a walk. I know it might not suit everyone but when you combine exercise with something you like, the time really does go very, very quickly. This is from someone who has put on four stone in the last 6 years through boredom eating and sheer laziness - if I can do it, anyone can. Make it fun!

Did 11 hours on the bog drawing turf this week. If I'm not down I'll spit, but I've a scary feeling that the wedding that didn't do too much damage last week could be waiting in the wings for me this week. WI this evening, only 3lbs away from my 5%, jesus it'd be lovely to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

WI this morning and down pound and a half, delira! ! 1 and 1/2 pounds away now from my third silver seven and the 10%. Have a wedding on Saturday so not over optimistic for next week but sur we'll give it a lash anyway! Going to keep all my weeklies for Saturday.

Well done to everyone on their losses. And to the people who aren't having such a good time of it just start today as if it were a new day and draw a line under the past - works for so many things not just weight loss!

Oh and just to put here how my goals are doing,
    1.5 pounds away from getting to the 200's, to a third silver seven and 10% lost
    5.5 pounds away from being in the 13's - oh happy day please hurry up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 maoidh

Well i joined ww in January and not really getting any major weight loss, up and down all the time. Sick of it now and going to give myself a kick start and do the plan religiously for the next few weeks to see if can loose weight.

People have told me i look better and have lost weight, just wish the scales would show that, think i've lost some of my bloating just.

Just hope i get some results, have an under active tyroid and that seems to be my excuse all the time. My friends all used to be same size as me and are now normal weight and they make it look so easy.

Fingers crossed it works!! Just joined boards so hoping this thread can give me the motivation during the week when not at a meeting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

maoidh wrote: »
    Well i joined ww in January and not really getting any major weight loss, up and down all the time. Sick of it now and going to give myself a kick start and do the plan religiously for the next few weeks to see if can loose weight.

People have told me i look better and have lost weight, just wish the scales would show that, think i've lost some of my bloating just.

Just hope i get some results, have an under active tyroid and that seems to be my excuse all the time. My friends all used to be same size as me and are now normal weight and they make it look so easy.

Fingers crossed it works!! Just joined boards so hoping this thread can give me the motivation during the week when not at a meeting!!

Hey welcome to the thread, we've all been there, highs, lows, gains, sts, losses, disasters and triumphs,
    I'm in the middle of dragging my self out of a serious rut at the mutt...spun outa control last few weeks, I lost 4lbs in one week like 3 weeks ago...then bang....crashed and burnt! I have alot to lose, so I really cant afford to have these crashes!

I've had a couple of nights good sleep and today i actually WANT to get on treadmill :D woo!
    Even if im crawling it on my hands and knee's going to get in an hour, cos i've really been slacking last few weeks.
    Just going to let lunch settle and away i go :D

If anyone is ever up for chatting one to one :) can always PM me, and swop emails....no rules in PM...can rant about anything :D sometimes just need someone to vent to...someone who knows the journey, that is one thing i miss about the meetings, me and one girl used to go for brunch after morning meeting....and we just sit there eating a reasonably healthy lunch, usually sandwich nothing fancy, but got we'd just laugh and talk about food....foods we missed, foods we hated, and if we were having a bad day we'd split a small plate of skinny chips :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Hey all, I knew I would be up and was 2 and a half pounds up! eeek! but it was the weekend that was in it and now to draw a line under it and PP every thing and see it go next week!
    Im a little worried though if Im lucky I could lose it in a week but knowing how slow my weight loss goes it will prob take me 3 weeks to lose it oh well so be it I guess Im determined to got to goal and get in to smaller size clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

WI yesterday and thankfully down 2. Was very happy with that as means total of 9.5lbs gone. Taking longer than i thought but heres to the next 11.5lbs to get me back to my goal weight and only 6.5lb til i don't have to pay again!

Such hard work but when the results do decide to arrive its so worth it. Here's hoping next week will be just as good. Time to put the work in.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hotfire

donnamc5 wrote: »
    It's ok. I was in London last weekend for 3 days and managed to lose a pound somehow. I don't track on weekends away but my trick is just eat sensibly (you can have what you fancy but just keep the portions small)and I use my weeklies for booze but just don't eat all the rubbish that normally accompanies a drinking session. No curry chip at 3.30am and no massive fry up the next morning and you'll be fine. Oh, and lots of dancing helps too :)

Thanks donnamc5, will try my best. Hopefully like you I will still lose some weight. Planning on using my weeklies Saturday nite as we are going out to a nice restaurant..:) Will be dreading my WI on Tuesday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hotfire

Just had the WW ministroni soup (sorry about the spelling) for my lunch. Only 3 ppts. It was lovely and I fell full after it. When I poured it into my bowl I was disheartened cos it only filled half my bowl but I am quiet nicely packed :) after it. Will be stocking up on it for next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Does anybody here know anything about goal weights and gold cards? I have been going to weight watchers now for over 2 years and have lost almost 6 stone! I have met their goal and the one below it but i have a personal goal to reach which is lower than both of these but i am still paying... My leader says that i have to keep paying until i reach the goal i want to settle at! Does anyone know the story here, can i not just take my gold card and become free and then loose a little extra too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement