Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

Oh meant to include - does anyone know what the point value roughly is in the new Faijiata Salad that Eddies are doing on their new menus?
    I've emailed them for the nutrional information but was just wondering if anyone else might have it. I going this evening and thinking they might not get back to me before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Dublin25 wrote: »
    Oh meant to include - does anyone know what the point value roughly is in the new Faijiata Salad that Eddies are doing on their new menus?
    I've emailed them for the nutrional information but was just wondering if anyone else might have it. I going this evening and thinking they might not get back to me before then.

Dont have that particular dish, but i have most of there standard menu attached below....tonnes to already pointed stuff to choose from...so stick to that if you can.

With burgers and fries with extras...you gotta add the points for toppings as extra...like Fries + Bacon + Cheese. ect

Thanks Lainy! Have your guide printed previously and stuck to my folder which is constantly with me!

Would love to know what the new salads are as they are actually really tasty as salads go!
    I tried to point it all out separately but not sure i doing it right as not sure what oils etc were used to cook it in. Hope they come back to me soon!!! If they do i'll send on to you.

Ingredients:
    350g Raw Chicken Mince 9pp
    200g Dried Penne Pasta (brown) 19pp
    30g Finely Greated WW Cheese 2pp
    300ml Chicken Stock made with stock cube/pot 1pp
    30g Tomatoe Pessata 0pp
    2 diced carrots 0pp
    1 diced onion 0pp
    1 - 2 crushed Garlic Cloves 0pp
    Pinch of Salt & Black pepper 0pp

Method:

PART ONE
    Brown the chicken mince in a non stick pan, breaking up any clumps with wooden spoon until well cooked all over.

Add garlic, onion, carrots, pessata, stock and seasoning. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 1 hour until tender.

PART TWO
    Preheat the oven to 180C/GAS 4

Cook the pasta in large pan according to packet. Drain thoroghly and mix with Chicken sauce.

Transfer to a shallow ovenproof dish and sprinkle with grated chese and bake for 20 - 30 minutes until golden brown on top

I havent made this yet, when I'll be making it I wont be using carrots...so I prob wont need to leave it simmer for quite so long.
    The recipe says it serves 4, I don't know how good the portions are...

if you get 4 servings its 7pp per serving
    if you go for 3 decent servings its 10pp per serving

The recipe also says beef/turkey/pork mince would also work...but you'll have to adjust the points accordingly

Dublin25 wrote: »
    Thanks Lainy! Have your guide printed previously and stuck to my folder which is constantly with me!

Would love to know what the new salads are as they are actually really tasty as salads go!
    I tried to point it all out separately but not sure i doing it right as not sure what oils etc were used to cook it in. Hope they come back to me soon!!! If they do i'll send on to you.

Skinnydoll is the pointing goddess! Got my list from her blog
    http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Does anyone have the pp for Supermacs - just in case we end up there? I need to have all possibilities covered! Ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Does anyone have the pp for Supermacs - just in case we end up there? I need to have all possibilities covered! Ta!

somone on magicmum.com e-mailed supermacs for the nutritional value and worked out the propoints (so I just copied and pasted).

Beef Burger Products
    Regular Burger 6PP
    Mighty Mac 13 PP
    Cheeseburger 10PP
    Double Cheeseburger 14PP
    Smokey Bacon Burger 15PP
    5oz Burger 16PP
    5oz bacon and cheese 16PP
    10oz burger 24PP

Chicken Products
    Chicken Breast Sandwich 13PP
    Chicken Burger 10PP
    Chicken Wrap (no sauce) 11PP
    Snack Box (drumstick&thigh) 25PP
    Chicken Wing Piece 13PP
    Chicken Thigh Piece 9PP
    Chicken Drumstick 7PP
    Chicken Breast Piece 10PP
    Chicken Nugget Portion (6) 7PP
    Chicken Fillet Breaded 5PP
    Chicken Tender Portion (3) 7PP

Fries&Dressed Fries
    Regular Fries 9PP
    Regular Taco Fries 16PP
    Regular Garlic & Cheese Fries 20PP
    Regular Curry Cheese Fries 12 PP
    Regular Curry Fries 10PP

Breakfast
    Regular Breakfast Roll 19PP
    Super Breakfast 27PP
    Deluxe Breakfast Roll 21PP

Other Products
    Sausage Portion (3) 9PP
    Onion Ring Portion (6) 8PP
    Philli Cheese Steak Sandwich 12PP
    Garlic Bread 26PP
    Pepperoni Pizza Slice 8PP
    Vegetable Burger 14PP
    Cod & Chips 23PP

Sauces/Dips/Sides
    Garlic Dip 12PP
    Coleslaw Portion 5PP
    Curry Sauce Portion 2PP
    Tomato Ketchup 1 sachet=0 PP 2 sachets=1PP
    Cheese Slice 1PP
    Burger Sauce 2PP

Desserts
    Chocolate Muffin & Ice cream 14PP
    Blueberry Muffin & Ice cream 14PP
    Strawberry Sundae 6PP
    99 Cone 5PP
    Ice cream portion 3PP

Drinks
    Medium fizzy drink 4PP
    Diet fizzy drink 0PP
    Medium Milkshake 8PP (based on nutritional info from strawberry milkshake)

agrif06 wrote: »
    somone on magicmum.com e-mailed supermacs for the nutritional value and worked out the propoints (so I just copied and pasted).

Thats Great! Thanks For Sharing! :D

regular fries and burger + diet coke for 15pp isnt bad if you have to eat there....but wonder would you not be hungry like an hour later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

agrif06 wrote: »

Thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    oh i love your honesty! cos face it...we're all here cos we LOVE food....we LOVE the bad foods....I'm a foodie! and it has got the better of me last few weeks!

Leave it with me...i'll have a snoop around the ww site for there tips and advice. is the party at a friends house? close friend?

would she be awfully offended if ya whipped up something healthy in her kitchen (that you'd bring it with you) how about few chopped up chicken nuggets over salad with some mayo? With the pizza, if they have the packaging hanging around you can point it from that.

maybe you could pop a few tangle twisters into there freezer....so instead of cake you can have the ice cream...i'm sure all the parents would love if you brought some low fat ice creams for them to enjoy :P so you wouldnt look like a odd ball with your own ice cream.

but do try to eat before you go, so your not there with a starving stomach! drink loads of water, or put tonnes of ice into what ever your drinking to make it stretch

hehehe have to be honest.....if I deny that I fall over when it comes to junk....then I will fail :o:o:o

alas the party is in a playzone so no access to kitchen to rustle up some good stuff......but that said I think you and Dublin25 are right, I need to fill up on healthy stuff before I go so I ain't hungry and I think I will pop some healthy snacks in my bag for when the goodies come out and bring a bottle of water with me!!! never though of ice cream when the cakes comes out.....think they sell ice cream there.....does anyone have the list of pointed ice creams??? that way I know what points I am looking at???:D:D:D

gonna be like a scout and 'be prepared' tomorrow :P

• Advertisement

flamelily wrote: »
    hehehe have to be honest.....if I deny that I fall over when it comes to junk....then I will fail :o:o:o

alas the party is in a playzone so no access to kitchen to rustle up some good stuff......but that said I think you and Dublin25 are right, I need to fill up on healthy stuff before I go so I ain't hungry and I think I will pop some healthy snacks in my bag for when the goodies come out and bring a bottle of water with me!!! never though of ice cream when the cakes comes out.....think they sell ice cream there.....does anyone have the list of pointed ice creams??? that way I know what points I am looking at???:D:D:D

gonna be like a scout and 'be prepared' tomorrow :P

Ice-Creams Attached :) I've been busy last few days.

oh lainy you are a star.....thanks for that.....just had a peek and as I love loop the loops and at 2pp that is way better than some ridiculous value for a slice of cake :cool::cool::cool:

feeling less like a rabbit in the headlights now !!! :D

oh lainy you are a star.....thanks for that.....just had a peek and as I love loop the loops and at 2pp that is way better than some ridiculous value for a slice of cake :cool::cool::cool:

feeling less like a rabbit in the headlights now !!! :D

No probs!

All my swotting and homework has me feeling good about the week ahead! New week starts tomorrow. Lots of new recipes to try out.

stuffed chicken breasts,
    Kebabs,
    Pasta bakes,
    breaded chicken stips,
    Chicken Rice Salad!

Also going to start putting a few more points into breakie...that way maybe I can have my lunch a little later....thus having my dinner a little later....and cut out some of the bad snacking!

Going to get some the sweet chili ryveta tomorrow. and work them in as healthy snacks. and going to cut out the bread again! I did it for lent i can do it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

ok so my son has been invited to a birthday party tomorrow afternoon.....which means I have to face 3 challenges tomorrow
    1. Pizza :eek: I am not a huge junk food fan but somehow I just can't stop myself when pizza is produced!!
    2. Chicken nuggets :o so I can take or leave chips / burgers but some how I seem to inhale these crumb coated deep fried bits of 'chicken' like they are smarties
    3. Birthday cake :(:(:( I love cake and never seem to be able to say no!!!
    so I am hoping that you guys might be able to provide hints and tips on surviving the nightmare that is little kids parties!!!:o:o:o I really do have the willpower of a flea and if I take the first bite I know I am gonna end up consuming my weeklies twice over!!!! :eek::eek::eek: soooo don't want to fall off the wagon this weekend

I always chew gum when I'm at a kids party so I can't put anything else in my mouth! You said it's at a play zone, so the food there is usually put out individually for each child, so there shouldn't be plates piled with food sitting round to tempt you (unless the parents are bringing their own food). I know that when my kids go to parties, the birthday cake is usually cut up and put into a party bag, so maybe you won't get a chance to be tempted by that either! Now, if the party was in someone's house - that would be even harder as parents usually sit in the kitchen while the kids are playing somewhere else. One of my daughters has 2 parties this weekend, but luckily she's of an age that I can just leave her off at the door & pick her up when it's over - no temptation for me.

fofany wrote: »
    I always chew gum when I'm at a kids party so I can't put anything else in my mouth! You said it's at a play zone, so the food there is usually put out individually for each child, so there shouldn't be plates piled with food sitting round to tempt you (unless the parents are bringing their own food). I know that when my kids go to parties, the birthday cake is usually cut up and put into a party bag, so maybe you won't get a chance to be tempted by that either! Now, if the party was in someone's house - that would be even harder as parents usually sit in the kitchen while the kids are playing somewhere else. One of my daughters has 2 parties this weekend, but luckily she's of an age that I can just leave her off at the door & pick her up when it's over - no temptation for me.

oh chewing gum is a great idea.....can't eat anything if I am chewing gum :D:D never thought of that!!! never been to a party at playzone so wasn't sure how the food came out but if its individual for each child then that is handy as my son doesn't 'share' so there will be no picking off his plate :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

Brought fruit salad and ww spag to work!!! Just ate both.......with slice of apple tart.......oh and some tiramisu.........and minstrels.........oh Jaffa Cake!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Skinnydoll is the pointing goddess! Got my list from her blog
    http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/

LOL ... ooh a goddess... now to be a skinny goddess and I'm there! ;)

oh chewing gum is a great idea.....can't eat anything if I am chewing gum :D:D never thought of that!!! never been to a party at playzone so wasn't sure how the food came out but if its individual for each child then that is handy as my son doesn't 'share' so there will be no picking off his plate :cool:

I think the food is already plated per child, if its like the place here in cork...cant think of the name of one here but the food aint that nice :P if thats any help!

Just found out my golden retriever has been locked in the boot of my mothers call since 7am this morning! Thank chirst he's alive! She..."forgot" he was in there. I rang her at work...to jokingly ask if he was in the car cos i couldnt find him...i thought he was just hiding all day cos he knew i wanted to give him a bath and clip his coat....I've been like a hystaric mother for the last hour cos she was at work...the car was across town in the park in ride in the sun!

the appitite has been scared the hell out of me....thought I was actually going to be sick!

Dogs Can Die In This Heat Locked In A Car! That Is Fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lorimc

I think the food is already plated per child, if its like the place here in cork...cant think of the name of one here but the food aint that nice :P if thats any help!

Just found out my golden retriever has been locked in the boot of my mothers call since 7am this morning! Thank chirst he's alive! She..."forgot" he was in there. I rang her at work...to jokingly ask if he was in the car cos i couldnt find him...i thought he was just hiding all day cos he knew i wanted to give him a bath and clip his coat....I've been like a hystaric mother for the last hour cos she was at work...the car was across town in the park in ride in the sun!

the appitite has been scared the hell out of me....thought I was actually going to be sick!

Dogs Can Die In This Heat Locked In A Car! That Is Fact!
    Jez it was lucky that you were around to notice that he wasn't there, hopefully it will give your mother a good scare and it wont happen again.

SkinnyDoll wrote: »
    LOL ... ooh a goddess... now to be a skinny goddess and I'm there! ;)

I love your latest blog! every trick of the trade! Love it!

Track, record, point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

I love your latest blog! every trick of the trade! Love it!

Track, record, point!

How is your doggy? on the hottest day of the year too! poor baby...

Skinny Doll love the blog too!!!! Such a help!

SkinnyDoll wrote: »
    How is your doggy? on the hottest day of the year too! poor baby...

He's okay...but i've torn my mother a new one....she's lucky i dont get on the radio and f*ck her out of it big time with Neill prendivill!

I'm furious at her! Livid! She KNOWS better....I'm studying animal care....it's also incredibly humiliating...that my own mother would do that to the poor dog!

I dont think she has any idea how serious it was...he was locked in the boot for 7 hours....in the blaring sun.

Poor charlie still bit shakey...he's exhausted....i'm hosing him down cool water and checking his pulse and gums every hour...(vet nursing coming in handy)

10% dehydration in a dog = death!

Well food is the last thing on my mind today! Too busy making sure the animals are taken care of...

They are my kids...they are living breathing creatures that eat, drink, sleep, play, feel hunger, thirst, fear, happiness that we have taken responsibility for and made part of our family.....sounds a hell of alot like children to me...and they do talk...just in a different language...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Lainy, hope you doggie is ok, thats awful what happened, thank god he is ok, im sure you are the best person to be looking after him now. Id be furious too.:eek:

Going to aldi in the morning.

Suggestions? Tips? Must haves

So Far I Have
    Light soft cheese,
    Yellow Fin Sole,
    Fresh Chilis,
    Parma ham,
    Skimmed Milk,

Not having those sun rice things in the house! too easy to eat!

Anyone reccomend any Aldi crackers that are good for pp?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Going to aldi in the morning.

Suggestions? Tips? Must haves

So Far I Have
    Light soft cheese,
    Yellow Fin Sole,
    Fresh Chilis,
    Parma ham,
    Skimmed Milk,

Not having those sun rice things in the house! too easy to eat!

Anyone reccomend any Aldi crackers that are good for pp?

Dont know the PP of any Aldi crackers but if you stick to crispbread crackers or dutch crispbakes, they are usually low enough, bring your phone (with calculator). Tesco Light Choices crispbake things are lovely and only 2PP for 6 (they are small but nice snack and 6 makes u feel like you are having loads) and lovely with some extra light laughing cow or any soft cheese and some tomatoe on top.

EDIT: Eggs are very cheap in Aldi. Also frozen raspberries are like 2.99 for a good size tub and are lovely on top of a dessert (heat them a little to defrost) or made in a smoothie (nom). If you like crisps (and can stop at one pack or even 2) Aldi do Reduced Fat crisps, 3PP a pack in Salt and Vinegar, Cheese and Onion and Ready Salted. I mostly just get my fruit and veg in Aldi, also very good price. Oh and tuna, tuna is only like 59/69c per large tin. Non-food related: Their facewipes and face moisturiser is very good too and I love their sugar free redbull (1.79ish for 6pack) with vodka.

Monife wrote: »
    Dont know the PP of any Aldi crackers but if you stick to crispbread crackers or dutch crispbakes, they are usually low enough, bring your phone (with calculator). Tesco Light Choices crispbake things are lovely and only 2PP for 6 (they are small but nice snack and 6 makes u feel like you are having loads) and lovely with some extra light laughing cow or any soft cheese and some tomatoe on top.

EDIT: Eggs are very cheap in Aldi. Also frozen raspberries are like 2.99 for a good size tub and are lovely on top of a dessert (heat them a little to defrost) or made in a smoothie (nom). If you like crisps (and can stop at one pack or even 2) Aldi do Reduced Fat crisps, 3PP a pack in Salt and Vinegar, Cheese and Onion and Ready Salted. I mostly just get my fruit and veg in Aldi, also very good price. Oh and tuna, tuna is only like 59/69c per large tin. Non-food related: Their facewipes and face moisturiser is very good too and I love their sugar free redbull (1.79ish for 6pack) with vodka.

yeah i'm leaving the everyday stuff to my mum...eggs, meat, fruit, veg ect.

my ww friendly foods i'll get my self. i was looking at the sweet chili ryvita thins in tesco....2.60 a pack...bit steep :P if i can find a cheaper alternative in aldi i'll go with it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jodibobs

multigrain crackers in red box,think they are 1.19. they are lovely. 2 crackers for 1pp:)lovely with low low spread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 westerngirl

Hi all, well done on all the great weight losses!! Have had a disastrous week - up 2lbs :(.
    Only have myself to blame though, have been out of work for 4 months now and im finding things tough enough at the minute. Still though im determined to keep the chin up.
    I ate whatever i wanted for the last week thinking i 'deserved' it but now i realise its only myself im kidding. That has been my problem for a long time - i turn to food to celebrate/commiserate!! But im determined to get back on track. Have a wedding this day 2 weeks - scary thought cos my dress is tight but still hopefully a good few weeks will make a difference!

Just wanted to say thanks to you all for all your tips and encouragement. I felt too guilty to log on for the last few weeks but im so glad i did tonight.

Ye are life savers.

Hope ye're all enjoying the sunshine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Hi every one hope your all enjoying the good weather we had a BBQ but it was a healthy one had a pork and salad and some baby potatoes

I had one bottle of bulmers but what are the pp I know it was posted before but cant find it

Thanks indvance

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement