Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

jackmax wrote: »
    Had wi yesterday evening and was down 2lbs so got to goal :D I'm sooooo happy. I got to my first goal 2 wks ago but they put it down another 3 lbs for me so got there yesterday :D

does anyone know what happens if you go the 5lbs under your ww goal weight :confused: its just i kind of want to lose a bit more for myself. not much but still i can't really afford to change my goal weight again. it will be great to save the tenner every wk. i forgot to ask yesterday cos we were going through the maintenance aspect.
    nothing happens,,i'm 2lbs under goal weight and been maintaining for past 2 months,,doesnt matter how much under you go as long as you dont go 5lb over your goal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

tantipie wrote: »
    nothing happens,,i'm 2lbs under goal weight and been maintaining for past 2 months,,doesnt matter how much under you go as long as you dont go 5lb over your goal!!

If you go over five pounds under you will lose your card as they dont want people getting to an unhealty weight I believe if you want to go lower you have to get permission so they can ensure you are at a healty weight and do not risk getting ill....Our leader said this last week because someone asked:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Finding a tonne of yummy interesting recipes in this book. It will take me FOREVER to point them...but they are from a low fat cook book.

So will scan in any i think would be work well for ww...and ppl can point the ones they like :)

This book is over 500 pages :D

Fat Free, Low Fat Cooking BY Anne Sheasby

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Had wi yesterday evening and was down 2lbs so got to goal :D I'm sooooo happy. I got to my first goal 2 wks ago but they put it down another 3 lbs for me so got there yesterday :D

does anyone know what happens if you go the 5lbs under your ww goal weight :confused: its just i kind of want to lose a bit more for myself. not much but still i can't really afford to change my goal weight again. it will be great to save the tenner every wk. i forgot to ask yesterday cos we were going through the maintenance aspect.

Well done you It must be great to be at Goal

However they will suspend your membership if you go more then 5lbs below goal and take your card because they need to ensure you are at a healthy weight for your height and age....maybe discuss this with your leader and see if they would be willing to reduce it again after your about 3 lbs under...

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i've never been told that!!!! must remember to ask when i go back to get weighed next month;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tallulah2

Hi all! I am a long time reader(since Feb) and first time poster. I have always found this thread really inspiring, so thanks to all for that!
    I joined WW in Feb with about a stone and a half to lose. I lost 7lbs albeit really slowly. After a while of STS, I decided to be really good. I did massive amounts of exercise and kept within points, when I went to WI was up 0.5lb. Nearly cried! Basically lost all motivation. So rejoined today after a 7 week absence. Have unbelievably only put on further two lbs. Feel really determined to shift this weight for once and for all and maintain it.Sorry for long post!Thanks for reading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Oh god, id love to know where ye all get your motivation and willpower from! Havent been eating badly but still not managing to lose, the wkends are my downfall, so much on on @ wkends lately and all involve drink!! Long wkend coming up too doesnt help, WI tues so little time to recover!

Oh my motviation been failing me lately too...

so I'm just going to on eating and pointing for a couple of days...mixing it up...trying new dishes, alternative to my regular go to foods.

going to focus just on eating right for a few days. then work the exercise back in

I'm also going to work in healthy scheduled snacks.

Today I had microwave baked apple with ww vanilla yoghurt as my afternoon snack, total 1pp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    i rely on spuds way too often.

Lainy, I went through a "spud phase" because they are sp filling and so good on PP where as you get less rice/pasta for the same or more PP. But then I was hitting 1/2lb losses and a STS and I stopped potatoes for a week, changed my diet up a bit (did same amount of exercise as normal) and lost I think it was 3 or 4lb.

Girls (and guys), I heard somewhere that spicy food gives your metabolism a kick and it got me thinking, I think I will make something really spicy and flavourful this weekend (not because of the metabolism thing, it just got me thinking thats what I would fancy). I am thinking some kind of noodle stir fry with either shredded beef (like cut up thin pieces of round steak) or some other meat (thats not chicken or turkey, getting sick of them). Anyone got any nice spicy recipes I could try out. Nothing to adventurous but love garlic, chilli, ginger, onions, all herbs and spices.

Monife wrote: »
    Lainy, I went through a "spud phase" because they are sp filling and so good on PP where as you get less rice/pasta for the same or more PP. But then I was hitting 1/2lb losses and a STS and I stopped potatoes for a week, changed my diet up a bit (did same amount of exercise as normal) and lost I think it was 3 or 4lb.

Girls (and guys), I heard somewhere that spicy food gives your metabolism a kick and it got me thinking, I think I will make something really spicy and flavourful this weekend (not because of the metabolism thing, it just got me thinking thats what I would fancy). I am thinking some kind of noodle stir fry with either shredded beef (like cut up thin pieces of round steak) or some other meat (thats not chicken or turkey, getting sick of them). Anyone got any nice spicy recipes I could try out. Nothing to adventurous but love garlic, chilli, ginger, onions, all herbs and spices.

woo hoo thanks monife! thats just what i wanted to hear! thank god i'm not the only spud maniac! So at least I know i'm doing the right thing by trying to mix it up and cut back on the spuds :D

I have a Asian Beef noodle recipe i'll post for you in a few mins monife.

Cinnamon is also a metabolism booster, its in all the sports/body building stuff.
    dash of cinnemon on toast/in porridge ect.

• Advertisement

tallulah2 wrote: »
    Hi all! I am a long time reader(since Feb) and first time poster. I have always found this thread really inspiring, so thanks to all for that!
    I joined WW in Feb with about a stone and a half to lose. I lost 7lbs albeit really slowly. After a while of STS, I decided to be really good. I did massive amounts of exercise and kept within points, when I went to WI was up 0.5lb. Nearly cried! Basically lost all motivation. So rejoined today after a 7 week absence. Have unbelievably only put on further two lbs. Feel really determined to shift this weight for once and for all and maintain it.Sorry for long post!Thanks for reading

Im totally in the same boat as you! So hard to lose the weight, have about the same to lose as you too! Very hard to stay motivated when nothing showing on the scales or if its up. Im going by my clothes too, which do feel looser, so that is a good I suppose. Im with you, am so determined to lose it once and for all, my will power can be shoking sometimes tho. Thats my downfall. I suppose what im trying to say is that you are not alone in this! We can do it!!!!:)

ProPoints® Value: 8
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 17 min
    Cooking Time: 16 min
    Level of Difficulty: Moderate

You'll love the variety of textures in this main-dish salad: crisp noodles, crunchy greens, juicy oranges and moist, tender beef.

Ingredients
    3 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
    4 tablespoons Vinegar, Rice Wine
    4 tablespoons Soy Sauce
    1 1/2 tablespoons The Co-Operative Groundnut Oil
    1 tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
    450 g Beef, Sirloin Steak, Lean, Raw
    600 g Cooked Mixed Vegetables, Chinese leaves, broccoli, mangetout, green beans, leeks, etc.
    1 can(s) (small) Mandarin Segments, in Juice, Drained, 210g, drained
    50 g Sharwood's Medium Egg Noodles

Instructions
    Combine garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, oil and hoisin sauce in a large bowl; add steak. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours or overnight. Remove steak to plate; reserve marinade.

Preheat grill. Grill steak for 8 minutes on each side for medium, or longer until done to your liking. Remove and slice steak into thin strips. Meanwhile, pour reserved marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to the boil; cook 1 minute more, stirring occasionally.

Steam green vegetables for 3 or 4 minutes until just tender. Rinse with cold water, drain and divide between 4 plates. Top each with an equal abount of steak, mandarin oranges and 1 heaped tablespoon of noodles. Drizzle each with about 1 ½ tablespoons of cooked and cooled marinade.

Oh my motviation been failing me lately too...

so I'm just going to on eating and pointing for a couple of days...mixing it up...trying new dishes, alternative to my regular go to foods.

going to focus just on eating right for a few days. then work the exercise back in

I'm also going to work in healthy scheduled snacks.

Today I had microwave baked apple with ww vanilla yoghurt as my afternoon snack, total 1pp

But you always seem to be able to pull yourself out of the slump! Im determined now to be good this wkend, wkends are my downfall, im good all week and then wreck everything at the wkend! Your baked apple snack sounds delicious! Will have to try it 2moro. Cheers:)

ProPoints® Value: 12
    Servings: 1
    Preparation Time: 10 min
    Cooking Time: 10 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

A mouth-watering dish for any occasion.

Ingredients
    1 teaspoons Sherry, Dry
    2 teaspoons Vinegar, White Wine
    2 teaspoons Soy Sauce, light
    1 clove(s) Garlic, (small) chopped finely
    1/2 teaspoons (level) Ginger, Ground
    1 teaspoons Oil, Vegetable, Any Type
    1 steak(s) (medium) Beef, Fillet Steak, Lean, Raw, (90g) cut into strips
    2 medium Spring Onions, chopped into 5cm lengths
    1/4 medium Pepper, All Types, (red) deseeded and cut into strips
    1/4 individual Chilli, Green or Red, flaked
    1/2 teaspoons Sesame Seeds
    1 portion(s) (medium) Broccoli, Green, Raw, (60g)
    60 g Spinach, shredded
    1 portion(s) (medium) Noodles, Egg, Dried

Instructions
    Mix together the sherry, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and ginger in a shallow dish. Stir in the beef and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.

Put a saucepan of lightly salted water on to boil. Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok until very hot.

Add the strips of beef to the frying pan, reserving any extra marinade. Stir fry for 2 minutes. Cook the noodles in the boiling water for 5 minutes and then drain and keep warm.

Add the spring onions, red pepper, dried chillies, sesame seeds, broccoli florets and spinach or Chinese leaf to the wok. Stir fry for 3 minutes. Pour in any reserved marinade and stir fry for 1 minute more.

Arrange the noodles on a serving plate. Top with the stir fry and serve at once.

kty wrote: »
    But you always seem to be able to pull yourself out of the slump! Im determined now to be good this wkend, wkends are my downfall, im good all week and then wreck everything at the wkend! Your baked apple snack sounds delicious! Will have to try it 2moro. Cheers:)

no one else going to pull me out of it. i've had my head in cookbooks and recipe sites all day....FEELING better today...energy levels starting to pick up...i think i had to hit rock botton before crawling back up :)

hmmm the apple was DELICIOUS!

@ Monife, must actually try a couple of your recipes from the group,

That stuffed chicken breast and herby turkey strips sound delish!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 supersally01

Hi all! I'm a newbie to these boards so just figuring out how to post msgs etc!
    I started weightwatchers last week and had my first weigh in yesterday, was down 2.5lbs. Happy with that cos it was totm so wasn't expecting any loss!:)
    I have joined weightwatchers 6 times in the past 10 years but this is my first time using propoints and so far i think it's far easier. Determined to stick it out this time.. i left each time convinced i could do it by myself--but of course i couldn't!:(
    I want to lose 4 and a half stone hopefully!
    Anyway just wanted to say hi! I have been reading this thread a lot since i started and it is so helpful and well done to everyone who has lost weight:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Hi all! I'm a newbie to these boards so just figuring out how to post msgs etc!
    I started weightwatchers last week and had my first weigh in yesterday, was down 2.5lbs. Happy with that cos it was totm so wasn't expecting any loss!:)
    I have joined weightwatchers 6 times in the past 10 years but this is my first time using propoints and so far i think it's far easier. Determined to stick it out this time.. i left each time convinced i could do it by myself--but of course i couldn't!:(
    I want to lose 4 and a half stone hopefully!
    Anyway just wanted to say hi! I have been reading this thread a lot since i started and it is so helpful and well done to everyone who has lost weight:D

if you are interested, have a look at my signature, I'm doing a 'kindofamotivationalthingy', there is about 3 people in is sofar

feeling a 'little' bloated this evening.

had 2 sandwiches (white bread slice x4) for my supper:rolleyes:, it had been 3months since i had white bread + my day still only snuck in 3PP over my dailies:P

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

2 and 1/2 pounds down at weigh in this eve, so just a half pound off a stone now and firmly in the 14's, so hoping get that stone net week.

Just had some homemade oven chips with my dinner and they were delish! :D I really watched what I had for breakfast, eleven o'clock work break and lunch today and had about 14 points left over for dinner, was thinking if I can do it today I can surely do it every other day too.

• Advertisement

I've had breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, 2 pints of water....and I'm stuffed! almost bulging stuffed and i still have 3pp left!

Yipeee! within my points and full! thank god... cos i just havent been able to find that full feeling all week...been a bottomless pit!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

down 3.5 at wi this week, my biggest loss since I started propoints :D

and got my 9th silver 7, thought I'd never get here :)

anyone who's finding it tough, Stick with it!! I sts the week before last, was up 1lb last week (totm) but stuck with it and it showed this week..

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

After reading so much about them I got sun rice a few days ago. Has everyone pointed them as 2pps or 2 for 5pps?
    I'm not sure that I think they are worth that maybe I'm calculating wrong??

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

I pointed the sun rice the other day and I got 2pp for 1 and 4pp for 2 :) I LOVE them and they are great for when you just need to have a bit of chocolate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

ww baking thread, post #8 is bran muffin recipe

Link to baking thread in my signature!

They are yummy,filling, healthy!

Hi Lainy, I don't know how to find it. Im new to this so don't know about signatures:(

Caros wrote: »
    2 and 1/2 pounds down at weigh in this eve, so just a half pound off a stone now and firmly in the 14's, so hoping get that stone net week.
    Feels good dunnit?!?!?:D
    starlight1 wrote: »

Jesus, that's (quick mental arithmatic:7+7+7,carry the 1, minus 11, +7,....) alot of LBS!!!!:eek: unreal!

LinK3 wrote: »
    Hi Lainy, I don't know how to find it. Im new to this so don't know about signatures:(

the links under my posts

starlight1 wrote: »

anyone who's finding it tough, Stick with it!! I sts the week before last, was up 1lb last week (totm) but stuck with it and it showed this week..

Wow, that's fantastic, well done!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I pointed the sun rice the other day and I got 2pp for 1 and 4pp for 2 :) I LOVE them and they are great for when you just need to have a bit of chocolate :)

Pretty sure the sun rice things are 2 for 5PP or one is 2PP. Think I pointed it and someone on here definitely pointed them at that.

I'm with ya on the full feeling Lainy, stuffed to the brim. And for once, I wasn't starving by 11am morning break today. Ate more of the readybrek than the others days, its very slowly growing on me. I am determined to like it, going to buy some nice honey on the weekend and add that or is there any other recommendations to make it sweet or even a better taste? I added frozen raspberries to it aswell :)

• Advertisement

Monife wrote: »
    Pretty sure the sun rice things are 2 for 5PP or one is 2PP. Think I pointed it and someone on here definitely pointed them at that.

I'm with ya on the full feeling Lainy, stuffed to the brim. And for once, I wasn't starving by 11am morning break today. Ate more of the readybrek than the others days, its very slowly growing on me. I am determined to like it, going to buy some nice honey on the weekend and add that or is there any other recommendations to make it sweet or even a better taste? I added frozen raspberries to it aswell :)

I'm loving porridge with blueberries, must try it with the frozen raspberries, don't like the texture of ready brek at all, at all even!!!! Used to have 30g of porridge but found I was hungry about an hour later, upped it to 40g and it keeps me going all morning.

Just wondering.... did anyone find as time went on they had less reliance on the weekly 49 points? I used them all up the first month but now at week 6 I find I'm relying on them less.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement