Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Just changed the sheets in the bed....going to get a good night sleep and start the new week right!

i've been converted to ryvita! they may even be a little too yummy!

50g light philly with a dash of curry powder! i broke them up and had kinda cracker and dip.

All the doggies are doing well! New Kennel arrived and Rua has moved outside! Which means I'm no longer waking up to accidents....but to be fair....he did them on the plastic and newspaper!

Bran Muffins & Quorn Pasta Bake tomorrow for the oven (wanted to make it with chicken mince but we're all out)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lizlemon

Lady Lainy wrote: »

Thanks Hun ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lizlemon

newbee22 wrote: »
    In the eating out guide it says 15 for the same thing in Yo!Sushi. Hope this helps!:)

Thanks a million!! :-D
    I'll go with the higher number, just to be on the safe side!!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

m'lady wrote: »
    Your brunch sounds gorgeous Kay, I'll definitely be making that tomorrow perhaps! Is that bread you mentioned lower in pp than other bread?

Haven't been really contributing to the thread lately, as I didn't want my lack of motivation to rub off! Though I haven't gained weight and actually got my first stone a couple of weeks ago, I'm aware I'm not trying as much as I originally did, which I'll need to cop on to! I have another 2.5 stone to lose, which I intend to lose my Christmas!

On a positive note, I've been clothes shopping lately and I've most definitely dropped a dress size, yipee! And a lot of my clothes are just too big now, its great! I keep telling myself if its this great after a stone,what will it be like after 2 more!
    My mini goal this week is to lose even a half pound, that will get me into the ten stone bracket, albeit 10 stone 13 lbs!

Anyway sorry for long post, just feeling pretty positive today ;)

Hey M'lady welcome back to the thread :) I have to say brunch was gorgeous & kept me full all day I got something to eat at 7pm but not cos I was starving just cos I knew I would be later & I had 19 points left to use! I'm going to do the same today I had 2 big beef tomatos halved & grilled & they really bulked it out & for zero pp!

On the bread yes Hovis nimble is lower than other breads albeit the slices are smaller but I like it better than WW bread & it's brown which i prefer

1 slice = 1pp
    2 slices = 3pp
    3 slices = 4pp

The only shops I seem to be able to buy in though are Lidl & Aldi I never see it in dunnes or tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Hey M'lady welcome back to the thread :) I have to say brunch was gorgeous & kept me full all day I got something to eat at 7pm but not cos I was starving just cos I knew I would be later & I had 19 points left to use! I'm going to do the same today I had 2 big beef tomatos halved & grilled & they really bulked it out & for zero pp!

On the bread yes Hovis nimble is lower than other breads albeit the slices are smaller but I like it better than WW bread & it's brown which i prefer

1 slice = 1pp
    2 slices = 3pp
    3 slices = 4pp

The only shops I seem to be able to buy in though are Lidl & Aldi I never see it in dunnes or tesco.

I'll definitely look for it today,thanks a million! Another thing I find quite filling is making a slice of French toast, using spray oil, and on the side having mushrooms and tomatoes. That works out at about 5-6 pp as far as I can recall.

Thanks for the welcome back. I'm definitely back on track now. I should just be happy that I haven't gained,but had I carried on the way I had been,I'd have put the stone that I've lost-and more back on!
    I'm going away in two weeks, and even if I can shift 3 pounds by then I'll be happy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Good morning ww ppl! :D

Got home from Shannon yesterday at 4pm - what a long day! Went to bed for half an hour, then got up and the sun was gone :eek: So disappointing! But will not let that stop me from going on a picnic today! :D Have my egg boiled up, ready to make into egg mayo sandwiches - can't go on a picnic without them :D I got the Lighter than Light mayo yesterday - my leader says it's 0pp for 1 Tbsp and 1pp for 3Tbsps. Thought I'd give it a go, I'm not a big mayo fan but you need it for egg mayo (obviously) :D I also got the Hellman's Balsamic Vinegrette - it's lovely!

I'm in a great mood today! :D:D:D Just going to have a croissant with a tsp of nutella on top for 6pp - a bank hol sunday treat!

lizlemon wrote: »
    Thanks a million!! :-D
    I'll go with the higher number, just to be on the safe side!!

thats always the best option! Better safe than sorry! :D

Got a great lil app today for my phone..its a freebie! but its pretty complex and detailed! looks quite impressive. and it sends you a message if you havent logged any excercise in a few days :)

i have it for android but its on iphone too its Adidas miCoach! has a voiced coach to keep you motivated and working while your listening to music :)

it even tells you when you've logged enough milles/km on your runners and should change runners! haha pretty cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Ramette wrote: »
    i collected my womens mini marathon pack yesterday, it contained two packets of crips (5pp each) and six aero biscuit bars (3pp each)...
    just ate them all :mad: arghh:mad:

eek I'm going to pick mine up today and one of my brothers is away and the other is out studying so no-one to get rid of them :rolleyes:

flamelily wrote: »
    evening peeps :D

sort of pleased with myself.....I survived the kiddies party.....I avoided picking at the chicken nuggets and the pizza but did have a small slice of birthday cake :o:o:o but I figure that was better than normal for me......plus my DH had chinese takeaway this evening and I said NO......ate my low point dinner so feeling good about myself......I WILL get the old willpower under control!!!

Well done. I've found since I started WW that in those situations while I don't end of being perfectly good, I still make much better choices than before WW. We still have to have a life and WW is about a life change. You sound like you're well on your way to that change :)

+1 on the hovis nimble bread. Love it. I have it as a toastie or with soup and would be lost without it. It's a good thing Lidl is a 2min walk from my house :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Shattered!!

spent 12hr cutting the lawn between yest and today(that'll teach me for not cutting it for nearly 2months!:eek:), all aches around my stomac muscles(nothing like a natural work out!:D)

PPs have taken a battering though:rolleyes:, went over my dailys by 10+ yesterday and have already used 35 today, only have 10PP left for the day:(

• Registered Users Posts: 47 opheila

Any ideas on handy snacks for work-car drives etc bit sick of fruit and yogurts ... never thought I'd say that! Especially easy ones :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

opheila wrote: »
    Any ideas on handy snacks for work-car drives etc bit sick of fruit and yogurts ... never thought I'd say that! Especially easy ones :-)

Alpen light cereal bars for 2pp. I bought the chocolate & fudge ones this week & they are gorgeous. Or the packets of Fruities you can buy a meetings, 1pp per box & they last for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'm really proud of myself this week. I've had a few treats here and there but overall I've been very good. I just hope that shows for my first weight loss!

Had a bit of a scary episode on Thursday when I almost fainted, but it was from heat rather than lack of food because I went through my food diary with my parents and I had a good breakfast and lunch and was waiting for my dinner. Never want to feel like that again though!!

Edit: And I haven't had to use any of my weeklies!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 opheila

Thanks ... does anyone else find ww snacks at meetings way over priced?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Got my mini marathon pack :D Man there are LOADS of freebies... Mini deodrant, mini hand moisturiser, mini body lotion, compeed blister plasters, cereal bar, oats and more mini box of cereal, 2 meal maker flavourings, lollipop, 2 bottles of ballygowan, 2 packets of crisps, pack of 7 aero biscuits... man I could go on, practically pays for itself all that :)

Really excited for tomorrow, hope it doesn't rain and hope I can finish it.

On another note, wasted the last of my weeklies on a peanut butter sandwich attack. Have eaten 17 out of my 32PP today already and haven't had dinner and those aero biscuit bars are calling me from the kitchen lol

fofany wrote: »
    Alpen light cereal bars for 2pp. I bought the chocolate & fudge ones this week & they are gorgeous. Or the packets of Fruities you can buy a meetings, 1pp per box & they last for ages.

i'd double check the points of the fudge ones just incase, sometimes the different "flavours" of the same product can be different pp value...there pricey enough tho arent they? 4 something?

i've been busy cooking all day (quite proud of my self)

Quorn Pasta Bake (I didn't have any chicken mince) 15pp a portion
    (I'm miss piggy so i'm having TWO serious portions than 4 smallish portions with a side)
    I'm having it on its own, so went for a big portion. And I actually put carrots into it....me who doesn't like veg!

Also made a dozen banana muffins as the oven was on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

i'd double check the points of the fudge ones just incase, sometimes the different "flavours" of the same product can be different pp value...there pricey enough tho arent they? 4 something?

They are defo 2pp - I checked. Only cost £1.79 for 5 bars, maybe they are more with you - I live in the North.

fofany wrote: »
    They are defo 2pp - I checked. Only cost £1.79 for 5 bars, maybe they are more with you - I live in the North.

yeah i just checked there about 2 euro here for 5 bars.....I might have been looking at a bumber pack of 10 or something for 4 something euro.

2pp thats fantastic! Gooood Find! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Back from my picnic - it lashed on us :( So we had to eat in the car but we did get out for a quick walk and because it was raining, we walked extra fast, even ran a bit so I earned 2pp!

Bit worried now cos have only 10pp for the day left and I know the OH will want to get a takeaway later. I might just make some Cauliflower & Fennel soup and have that. We are going to get a film out so I'll want some goodies with that. Have loads of weeklies left though.

Really wanted to get out for a run today bt doesn't look like I will cos it is LASHING out of the heavens :( Hopefully tomorrow - if not the local gym is holding classes tomorrow evening so I might go to one of them. Determined to lose something this week :)

hey does anyone know how much (cost) is the weight watchers block of cheese?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jackie307133

Well done on this week's weight losses. :) Good luck to everyone taking part in the Women's Mini Marathon tomorrow.;) As an incentive for helping with my weight loss over the next 12 months, i have roped a few of my BFF's into taking part in the mini marathon 2012. Have started the training already, not very good at walking and have used every excuse in the book to get out of doing it in the past but now i'm fitting it in most day's. Have put a calender on the fridge and marking off the days as i complete my walk please god there won't be too many blank day's. :rolleyes: . Hope everyone has a great week :)

• Advertisement

hey does anyone know how much (cost) is the weight watchers block of cheese?

I think it is around 3 something or 3.99. Very pricey I think and also think it is horrible cheese. Much prefer dubliner light or another low fat cheese.

Monife wrote: »
    I think it is around 3 something or 3.99. Very pricey I think and also think it is horrible cheese. Much prefer dubliner light or another low fat cheese.

thats exactly what I'm writing about at the moment in blog.....same point foods....but CHEAPER alternative to "Brand name foods" :)

thats exactly what I'm writing about at the moment in blog.....same point foods....but CHEAPER alternative to "Brand name foods" :)

Lainy, what is the link to your blog?

Monife wrote: »
    Lainy, what is the link to your blog?

Ah its just a silly little thing....safe place to rant and ramble without being censored. Still tweaking the layout and stuff...still figuring out how to use the site...its a lil head wrecking when it comes to text colours and stuff haha!

I'm convinced my laptop has a life of its own....cos text colours magically change from what i set them as..

http://lainysplace.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I've been working up the country this year and will be moving home to Cork in 25 days for the summer(not counting down at all:p) Joined weight watchers in Jan and have so far lost 55lbs, have a great leader and just wondering can anyone recommend a good leader in Cork city/suburbs? I really believe having a nice leader either makes or breaks you and I don't want to....break!

I've been working up the country this year and will be moving home to Cork in 25 days for the summer(not counting down at all:p) Joined weight watchers in Jan and have so far lost 55lbs, have a great leader and just wondering can anyone recommend a good leader in Cork city/suburbs? I really believe having a nice leader either makes or breaks you and I don't want to....break!

hehe welcome home! :P Up the Rebels! Maybe ask your current leader if she could reccomend any of the cork leaders to you...(butter up your current leader with loads of compliments about how she's helped you so much..that its down to her...that you want to find someone JUST LIKE HER....in cork)

I'd nearly drive to Wicklow every week to be weighed! Ya thats a brill idea Lainey I'll ask her at my next meeting if she can recommend anyone here for me, really nervous about changing leader though for some reason!

I'd nearly drive to Wicklow every week to be weighed! Ya thats a brill idea Lainey I'll ask her at my next meeting if she can recommend anyone here for me, really nervous about changing leader though for some reason!

your doing GREAT so far! I don't think anything could set you back too dramatically! must feel amazing to have broken the 50lb mark!

To be honest i cant believe ive lost this much!!

• Advertisement

Anyone know any low point dips? or have a recipe for one?

Never thought i'd like ryvita or that they'd be filling....

just had 2 for 1pp (that right?) with 50g light philly and curry powder mixed in...yumminess!

and i find....after the 2 ryvita...thats kinda enough....they are oddly filling...be hard to eat a whole packet of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement