Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I have a problem.

My meals are planned perfectly, all good food, quite healthy, I have veg, protein, carbs.

Then I start picking and snacking and sabotaging myself.

Gah.

I hope this isn't against the don'ts of the new thread, I can't remember :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

misslt wrote: »
    I have a problem.

My meals are planned perfectly, all good food, quite healthy, I have veg, protein, carbs.

Then I start picking and snacking and sabotaging myself.

Gah.

I hope this isn't against the don'ts of the new thread, I can't remember :p

sent you PM with some snacking articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Has anybody got the eating out or shopping book? And where did you get it?

Thanks

Pingi wrote: »

Thanks

they sell them at meetings, and you can get them on ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Pingi wrote: »

Thanks

I have both but I got mine in the UK my niece goes there they are not really good for ireland but i still use them a bit if you need a bit of help let me know...Lainy has lists of restaurants as well on an excel doc which if you anything specfic on she may PM them to you also check the web sites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Monife wrote: »
    +1 - I used to eat frozen pizzas, chips, donegal catch (the odd time and would have 2 of them) sweet and sour chicken (chicken fried in LOADS of oil with jar of sauce) 2 sandwiches for lunch with ham AND cheese and crisps and a bar. Much happier with my healthy eating now, have much more variety and have learned how to cook from scratch. Amazed I can now cook so many things and make my own sauces etc.

UGH, have the mini-marathon myself for the first time ever, really need to up my game. Have only walked 6k once so going to try for 7k this weekend and sure 3k onto shouldnt be too bad on the day with the craic and that. Moving next weekend so prob wont get a long walk in then.

I'm 5lb from my next stone too. Setting the target of 5 weeks which seems do-able but would love it in 3 weeks.

Here is a walk I love, its 9k so nearly the 10k last time I did it I jogged most of it, I was chuffed felt great after it, found out I was expecting a week later:D you might have done it all ready its well know but if you havent its worth it for the views amazing! http://www.walkinginireland.org/glendalough-walks/ you can go the easy way or the hard way! hope its close enough for you to do :)

aspie mum wrote: »
    I have both but I got mine in the UK my niece goes there they are not really good for ireland but i still use them a bit if you need a bit of help let me know...Lainy has lists of restaurants as well on an excel doc which if you anything specfic on she may PM them to you also check the web sites

thats GT_'s excel sheet. but i'll attach my copy on his behalf :D

Another good day down :) ate well, exercised well, watered well,

Tomorrow last big push before WI Saturday Morning :)

At least the Communion Saturday is at there house....so total control over what and how much I want to eat and drink :)

I'm more concerned about the walk on Sunday 8k (5miles) Hope to get it done in 1hr 40mins, like its not a race, but just for my self.

And going to have a packed lunch in the car at the end of the walk, I dont wanna have any of the complimentary nibbles....no way in hell am I doing my first ever 8k walk and undoing it with chips and sausages! No way....i want to stand by my achievement....as it might be to some it'll be my achievement....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Wahoo brand spanking new home!!!!

Had a fab diiner today for 9pp

Bought a 'Llyod Grossman Pasta Sauce for One' tomato and chilli sauce with a portion of fresh pasta, was delish! Was at home and my Mum has anything and everything growing in the garden and threw on a few rocket leaves - amazing!!

Hope evrybody is having a good week!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

Very positive on here tonight i love it!

Good luck on your walk Lainy, love setting goals and then just doing it very motivating.

I cleared out my wardrobe tonight (all size 16/18s are gone :D) after a great session in the gym, on a real high now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Went to WI and down 0.5lbs. I know that only negates the 0.5lbs that I put on out of no where last week, but considering I was so bold last weekend with my visitors, I'm quite happy. :D Only problem was that our leader ran over from the class before mine and the clerk weighed me. Just not the same as the leader, she hasn't got it, didn't seem that interested in what I was saying, but then I suppose she's not trained to be a leader!
    Had a nice healthy dinner, made that salmon fillet with the philadelphia cheese on top. I used one of the mini tubs and I got enough out of that to do two fillets (one for each of us) and only 7pp each, quite good :D:D

Feeling very motivated now. Only 1.5lbs away from my goal so hoping to put a dent in that this week :D Am aiming to earn 28pp in Activity Points this week - hoping it will give me the incentive to go out in the evenings and even do a 20min job, sometimes, I just collapse on the couch out of pure laziness :(

Anyway, bedtime now, have a lie-in until 5.45am tomorrow :D:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

STS tonight but im 2 lbs still away from goal and this has been toughest part of all. Anyway I didn't gain. I'm gonna just list a few things that are bargains point wise for any new people cos i'm just back from the supermarket. Sorry if I have mentioned them before...

Dunnes waffles 2pp each (birdseye are 3pp)
    Stuffed mushrooms - 2 for 3pp (very filling)
    Dunnes Waifer Thin Ham - 8pp for pack of 400g
    Linda Mc Cartneys Veg Burgers - 1pp per burger
    Batchelors small tin beans - 2pp (heinz is 4pp)
    Skips + Snax - 2pp per packet, 6 in pack
    Rich Tea all types - 1pp per biscuit
    Jaffa Cakes all types - 1pp per biscuit
    Green Isle frozen cheese pizzas - 7pp per pizza
    Dunnes 0% fat yoghurts - 1pp per pot
    Pork Loin Chops (cut off rind) - 3pp
    Low Low easy singles - 1pp each

Spiced Tomato Sauce

Makes 4 servings

ProPoints value | 1 per serving

This versatile tomato sauce is packed full of flavour. If you don't like it spice...leave out the chili....if you want it spicier...add more chili

Ingredients
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 large onion, finely chopped
    2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
    1 can tinned chopped tomatoes
    1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
    1 inch cinnamon stick
    1 tsp allspice
    Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Instructions
    Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 minutes, or until the onion is lovely and golden.

Chuck the tinned tomatoes, chilli, cinnamon, allspice, 100ml of hot water and a really good pinch of salt and pepper into the pan. Mix everything together really well and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes so that all the flavours develop, stirring occasionally.

Pro Points Per Serving: 5
    Servings: 6

For best results, use extra virgin olive oil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

Ingredients
    25 g Pine Nut Kernels, lightly toasted
    1 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
    50 g Basil, Dried, Ground, fresh leaves, torn into shreds
    5 tablespoons Oil, Olive, extra-virgin
    3 tablespoons Cheese, Parmesan, finely grated

Instructions
    Put the pine nuts, garlic, torn basil leaves and 2 tbsp olive oil into a mortar and pound with a pestle to form a rough paste.

Add the Parmesan cheese and pour in the remaining olive oil, stirring to combine. Alternatively, blend the ingredients together in a food processor.

Use at once or store in the refrigerator in a screw-topped jar for up to 2 weeks.

Another one of my favourite marinades for chicken! before grilling......oh i'm going to be so busy next week cooking all these sauces :D I wonder if I got really good at them....might give them as presents at Christmas goodie bags...

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

hello,didn't go to wi as i was away and not back til late,wasn't too sorry as i had a very munchy week,hopefully next week will improve!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

My roast stuffed butternut squash went down well at my dinner tonight. In the end I garnished it with a bit of lettuce leaves as was running out of time. I had the most gorgeous 3 course meal for 9pp : BNS was 2pp, salmon (about half a fillet), 2 baby new potatoes & loads of veg 6pp, M&S merigue (1pp) with a fresh fruit salad. I got loads of compliments about how great I am looking, which was enough motivation to stop me taking any of the chocolates I put out on a plate to go with the coffee. Drank 14pp though! Those calpyso coffees are killers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

lil kc wrote: »
    STS tonight but im 2 lbs still away from goal and this has been toughest part of all. Anyway I didn't gain. I'm gonna just list a few things that are bargains point wise for any new people cos i'm just back from the supermarket. Sorry if I have mentioned them before...

Dunnes waffles 2pp each (birdseye are 3pp)
    Stuffed mushrooms - 2 for 3pp (very filling)
    Dunnes Waifer Thin Ham - 8pp for pack of 400g
    Linda Mc Cartneys Veg Burgers - 1pp per burger
    Batchelors small tin beans - 2pp (heinz is 4pp)
    Skips + Snax - 2pp per packet, 6 in pack
    Rich Tea all types - 1pp per biscuit
    Jaffa Cakes all types - 1pp per biscuit
    Green Isle frozen cheese pizzas - 7pp per pizza
    Dunnes 0% fat yoghurts - 1pp per pot
    Pork Loin Chops (cut off rind) - 3pp
    Low Low easy singles - 1pp each

Aw I love beans and have them with my brekkie every weekend but I hate batchelors, wish I liked them now. Heinz are actually 5PP for small tin, WW beans are 4PP for small tin.

Do you know how many PP in green isle waffles? I have 4 in the freezer because they had no birdseye ones, going to have them with lasagne tonight as a quick meal and friday treat.

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Spiced Tomato Sauce

Makes 4 servings

ProPoints value | 1 per serving

This versatile tomato sauce is packed full of flavour. If you don't like it spice...leave out the chili....if you want it spicier...add more chili

Ingredients
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 large onion, finely chopped
    2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
    1 can tinned chopped tomatoes
    1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
    1 inch cinnamon stick
    1 tsp allspice
    Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Instructions
    Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 minutes, or until the onion is lovely and golden.

Chuck the tinned tomatoes, chilli, cinnamon, allspice, 100ml of hot water and a really good pinch of salt and pepper into the pan. Mix everything together really well and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes so that all the flavours develop, stirring occasionally.

Just a quick point on the tinned tomatoes, the chef I did the cooking class with said that apparently the chopped tinned tomatoes have more artificial additives added to them than the whole tinned ones - so might be an idea to switch to the whole ones and just mash them up with the wooden spoon while you are cooking them! Sounds like a lovely sauce though Lainy - exactly the same as the one she gave us in the Italian cooking class :D
    Aw I love beans and have them with my brekkie every weekend but I hate batchelors, wish I liked them now. Heinz are actually 5PP for small tin, WW beans are 4PP for small tin.

Do you know how many PP in green isle waffles? I have 4 in the freezer because they had no birdseye ones, going to have them with lasagne tonight as a quick meal and friday treat.

How many grams are in the Heinz small tin cos I got some of them that are 200g and I pointed them at 4pp, not 5pp - they are the same as the snap pots which are also 200g. :)

Edit Just checked the Tesco website for the nutritional info and the Heinz 200g tin is defo 4pp :)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

So had my WI this morning & I'm down 2lbs which I'm delighted about although a bit wary that it's sickness related so may go back on- I hope not though! I ate all my dailies yesterday which was great & first time all week I made a beef stew & managed to eat it & some mashed baby potatoes :) when I had cheeky sneak peak yesterday I was down 3 so I'm happy to be down the 2:D

This now means ;
    1. I've reached my 10% loss
    2. I'm now in the 160's lbs bracket & out of the 170's
    3. I've lost 20lb to date
    4. I've another 22lb to get to my WW goal so almost halfway there!
    5. & I'm nearly in the 11 stones bracket - 2 more lb to go! :D
    6. 1 more lb to get my next silver seven
    7. 8 more lbs to get my second stone gone :D

Oooh that's good about the beans. Actually can't remember where I got 5PP before, must have pointed them wrong. WW are sneaky devils then aren't they, saying their products are lower and their beans are the exact same as heinz. Won't be buying them again!

• Advertisement

Yeah, they are. I never buy the WW ones though, I find them very sweet or something - the same with the spaghetti. I was buying the snap pots because they are handy but they are v. dear so I changed to the small tins. We wouldn't eat a whole big tin of beans so the small ones are ideal to avoid waste :D

Ok, for my own curiousity, I have pointed all the baked beans available in Tesco (lol I am sad).

Heinz Baked Beans 415g - 8PP (4PP per 1/2 tin)
    Heinz Baked Beans 200g - 4PP
    WW Baked Beans 415g - 7PP (4PP per 1/2 tin)
    WW Baked Beans 200g - 4PP
    Tesco Light Choices BB 220g - 4PP
    Tesco Light Choices BB 420g - 8PP
    Tesco Baked Beans 220g - 4PP
    Tesco Baked Beans 420g - 9PP (5PP per 1/2 tin)
    Heinz Baked Beans Reduced Sugar And Salt 415g - 7PP (4PP per 1/2 tin)

So by the looks of that, they are all pretty similar PP, you only really saving a PP if you're having a whole tin but I would only ever have half a tin with some rasher medallions and an egg (on the weekend).

Might try the Tesco Baked Beans this weekend, if they are nice, then would really save on money.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

+1 on the WW beans being too sweet they're vile, i dont know what it is artificial sweetner??! Yuck Agree with you on the snap pots they do work out quite expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Morning all!

Feeling quite cheerful and positive this morning, think it's cos its Friday!

Sooo looking forward to my lunch, has anyone tried the Philadelphia light with black pepper and spring onion?! It's to die for, 1pp for 15g. I'm having that with potato and tuna and Xlight Mayo, cannot wait!

Kay_80, well done on the 2lb down - even if you can STS the same next week to keep that off, happy days!

I haven't had any beans since I started WW, I'm nearly afraid of them, I know I wouldn't be able to stop :p But again I'd only eat the Heinz ones.

Main thing for me is getting through the weekend without doing too much damage!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

Morning All!!

Well done on the losses!

I've a bit of a dilema! The OH decided to announce this morning that he plans on getting a chinese takeaway this eve when his folks arrive. Nightmare!!!!

I used to get chicken and mushroom dish before (old system) with boiled rice but as i'm only on week one, I don't know what low point options I should look at!

Anyone any ideas?

(defo buying the eating out guide next week)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Just saw the list of foods there :) but just wondering does anyone know how many pp are in a pork chop with the rind on? all i can seem to find is without the rind pp and i prefer them with the rind on :o

Dublin25 wrote: »
    Morning All!!

Well done on the losses!

I've a bit of a dilema! The OH decided to announce this morning that he plans on getting a chinese takeaway this eve when his folks arrive. Nightmare!!!!

I used to get chicken and mushroom dish before (old system) with boiled rice but as i'm only on week one, I don't know what low point options I should look at!

Anyone any ideas?

(defo buying the eating out guide next week)

I'd go for a veg Chow Mein if I were you - it's normally around the 10pp mark and normally delish! It's my favourite on the odd occasion that we get a takeaway! I think some others would recommend Singapore Noodles, but I've never had them and have no idea what the pp would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Oooh that's good about the beans. Actually can't remember where I got 5PP before, must have pointed them wrong. WW are sneaky devils then aren't they, saying their products are lower and their beans are the exact same as heinz. Won't be buying them again!

I had 5pp in my head too, and I think they are listed in the pocket guide at 5pp, so that's why we thought it. Very sneaky indeed! The ww beans are horrible too, so sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

how do you find the nutrional info on the tesco website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

posted in error ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement