Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lorimc

So I thought id finally introduce myself, I've been watching the thread for a good few weeks now and I must say all the tips and recipes have been really useful.

I've been doing the whole ww thingy for nearly 9 weeks and have my 8th wi in this evening. I dont have a huge amount to lose, I started on 12st 11lb (im 5'8") and so far ive lost 17 1/2lb. So far has been pretty good on the whole, I've only ever known pp but I think I would have died on the old system. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Well things never stand still here for long that's for sure!

Had my WI this morning and 2 1/2 pounds down (total of 11 pounds in the 4 weeks of WI, delira :D!!! it means I got the 5% and I am half a pound into the climb down the 14's! I kept a note of my mini goals from the old thread so I've updated them below. Next biggie is to lose another 2 1/2 pounds so I'll have a stone gone.

Have really upped my walking, not only the frequency - getting in 5 or 6 days now - also upped the pace - and think I can give myself moderate intensity points rather than low for it.

2 lbs away from 5% lost

2 1/2 lbs away from the 14s!

2 1/2 lbs away from 1 stone lost

9 1/2 lbs away from 1 1/2 stone lost

10 1/2 lbs away from 10% lost

34 1/2 pounds away from being in Overweight BMI category instead of obese

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

lorimc wrote: »
    I've been doing the whole ww thingy for nearly 9 weeks and have my 8th wi in this evening. I dont have a huge amount to lose, I started on 12st 11lb (im 5'8") and so far ive lost 17 1/2lb. So far has been pretty good on the whole, I've only ever known pp but I think I would have died on the old system. :)

Welcome Lori! Ya I'd have been found gnawing the leg of the table on the old system I'd say too. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭corasam

WI today, down 2.5 :) , great to be back on the downward after being up last week. full of motivation again now... was so nervous before WI!

have 2 trips to restuarants this week so need to stay focused and keep within the weeklies, another 3.5 to go to my first stone, hoping to get there in 2 weeks, just in time for friends wedding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 LORNLAKES22

I pointed Tesco Finest Sausages - the bigger ones - CUMBERLANDS - AT 5pp each - if thats any help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

Hi All!
    I'm a fallen gold card member so I was back last night with my head bowed!
    Bit nervous and excited about this new programe (well new to me!) - nearly fell off my seat earlier when i pointed a supposedly low fat yogurt to 8pp!!! I've alot to learn/relearn.

I've read through a good bit of the old thread and have to say you guys did a great job sharing tips & receipes. Hopefully I might have one or two to add along the way.

After reaching my goal, I felt like i'd been given a green light and have/had lost the run of myself. So last night she told me at the scales i've put it all back on! The shame is unreal.
    So i'm back for my 4th attempt at this, but it's the only thing that works for me.

Keep up the good work all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Naid23 wrote: »
    I've recently joined weightwatchers after numerous failled attempts at losing weight and I have to say I'm liking it so far and am already 3.5lbs down in my first week which is the most I've lost in the same amount on any other diet.

Just need some advice, I am a huge fan of thai food, espec the curries. From what I've been reading on the previous thread, Coconut milk is bad points wise and as this is a key ingredient in the curries, is there a low points option that someone knows of?

Thanks
    yep you can get a low cal tin in tesco may be dont use as much either, I tried using skimed milk it just was not the samie, so sticking with the low cal coconut milk from now on.

weigh in and I was down 1 and a half :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Naid23 wrote: »
    I've recently joined weightwatchers after numerous failled attempts at losing weight and I have to say I'm liking it so far and am already 3.5lbs down in my first week which is the most I've lost in the same amount on any other diet.

Just need some advice, I am a huge fan of thai food, espec the curries. From what I've been reading on the previous thread, Coconut milk is bad points wise and as this is a key ingredient in the curries, is there a low points option that someone knows of?

Thanks

I use Blue Dragon or Amoy Light Coconut milk alot for marinades, but I'd be throwing out the marinade and not actually eating it, its great for tenderising chicken

400ml (full can) Full Fat coconut milk is 19pp (half the can is is 9pp)
    400ml (full can) Reduced Fat Coconut Milk is 13pp (half the can is 6pp)

I'm cooking for one, so when I do use it, the most i'd ever use would be about 150ml of the reduced fat version which is 3pp.

but realistically curries aren't the best option for losing weight...sorry i have to say it before someone pounce on ya for wanting to have a curry while on a diet... I have the odd Thai green curry at home...but like once or twice a month at the most

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey all, lets hope we all get on better in our ww journey on our new thread! I really hope it wasn't looking like I was s*** stiring earlier, I was just genuinely disappointed. Anyway I hope this goes well, as I really do find this thread motivates me and allows us to vent if necessary. As I said I apologise for earlier, it wasn't meant to come across as sarky as maybe it did, I was typing off my phone and rushing too.

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I use Blue Dragon or Amoy Light Coconut milk alot for marinades, but I'd be throwing out the marinade and not actually eating it, its great for tenderising chicken

400ml (full can) Full Fat coconut milk is 19pp (half the can is is 9pp)
    400ml (full can) Reduced Fat Coconut Milk is 13pp (half the can is 6pp)

I'm cooking for one, so when I do use it, the most i'd ever use would be about 150ml of the reduced fat version which is 3pp.

but realistically curries aren't the best option for losing weight...sorry i have to say it before someone pounce on ya for wanting to have a curry while on a diet... I have the odd Thai green curry at home...but like once or twice a month at the most

Why Lainy I'm not being smart just curious smile.gif, I would only have one about once or twice a month any way and all ways home made, I like tai green curry but normally if I'm am making it or just normal curry, its from scratch I make all my own sauces and marinades from scratch I tend to avoid jars of sauces only in an emergency or if dinner is needed in a rush LOL

• Advertisement

Baby75 wrote: »
    Why Lainy I'm not being smart just curious smile.gif, I would only have one about once or twice a month any way and all ways home made, I like tai green curry but normally if I'm am making it or just normal curry, its from scratch I make all my own sauces and marinades from scratch I tend to avoid jars of sauces only in an emergency or if dinner is needed in a rush LOL

i only put that in....to cover our butts! wasn't being smart or anything....just covering our backs.....never know who may be watching....ppl might think we're on about sitting down to curry dinners every night of the week kinda thing...

I <3 curry. But it doesn't love me!

At least when making it from scratch you have full control over what goes in it. the ww green curry in the book is gorgeous!
    Try using whole grain rice with it, more fibre, less processed, and more flavour and more filling :D

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    i only put that in....to cover our butts! wasn't being smart or anything....just covering our backs.....never know who may be watching....ppl might think we're on about sitting down to curry dinners every night of the week kinda thing...

;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Well done on the losses girls! A great start to the new thread!

M'lady you didn't come across as sarky don't worry :) & sure no need to apologise either you're allowed to vent & show frustration!

I love Thai green curry too Ive only made it once since I started cos of the coconut milk pp but to be fair now the odd home made curry is not gonna do any harm better that than a take away which someone perceives they 'deserve' after a WI which prob has 10 times the pp.

Can I just say ( I know this will come across as sarky so apologies in advance!) but we're not the food police in here, ppl especially newbies won't post if someone nit piks or comments on every 'bad food' they eat. Yes the emphasis is on healthy home cooked nutritious food but um we gotta live life too & that means being able to make home made curry, chilli etc etc etc.

I think g'ems point at the outset was to not support bad behaviour with food ie ppl starving themselves all day to eat said curry - when they can use weeklies.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

LOL Lainy!! :p

Let's forget about the stalker lurkers who are ready to pounce we need to be ourselves in here, as long as we're preaching good on the whole well the odd confession of ooh I ate a crunchy & a scoop of Ice cream ( for the record I didn't but I'm looking at my BF doing it right now!) Is not going to get us locked down. Let's chillax ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Donegal3

Hi everybody, so much has happened since I last posted and we have moved as well:rolleyes: What great losses so far and a great way to start the new thread.

Would hate to lose this as I am doing WW from home I get great support and tips here and class this as my meeting.

I don't think I would've lasted as long on the old WW programme. Well this seems to be doing the trick as I am losing weight and eating a lot healthier as my main problem was just having two meals a day and my portion sizes. Well so far this seems to be doing the trick as I am having more smaller and healthier meals during the day so hope this continues!!!:D

So how was everyones day?

I'm having a good day :) I feel freaking on top of the world now I'm back exercising... definitely less bloated and full of energy...a lil stiff and sore...but that'll pass...having extra chicken in my dinner to night...bit of protein for repair...Although i'm not particularly hungry...I always get like that when i'm exercising regularly..woo hoo guess my body is burning some fat for energy....fat does have the most energy after all like 8 calories per gram....just thought i'd throw that nerdy stat in there....:P

Definitely wont be having any coffee today....i'll end up going thru the roof haha...

Right off for a shower then going to make a dinner....chicken cottage pie!

*cr*ap......cant go to the english market tomorrow to get my chicken and steak* the fecking queen is coming....how the hell did i forget that......

I cant stand supermarket stuff....just looks and smells funny to me....cant beat the quality of butcher/market produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lorimc

Down 2.5lb :D, only 1lb till ww goal and my third silver seven, I'm def gonna change it to go down mayb another 1/2st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Down 2.5lb :D, only 1lb till ww goal and my third silver seven, I'm def gonna change it to go down mayb another 1/2st.

Well done! U must be delighted!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

That is fantastic :D Well done !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Wow looks like I missed a lot over the last few days. All I know is that WW works for me and I'm eating healthier than ever. I know once I reach goal that I can't really see my eating habits changing from as they are now.

Had my WI tonight was up 2 lbs :( Kinda expected it after my exam blowout but I'm free now which means I have time to focus on food and exercise. I've the mini-marathon in 2 weeks so really need to up the exercise.

I'm 5.5lbs from my next stone so really want to try and get that within the next 2/3 weeks if possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Gutted. Up 3 pounds. Don't know how I'm gonna get it off cause can't exercise because I injured my back. Really disheartened. So sick of being up and down all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Wow looks like I missed a lot over the last few days. All I know is that WW works for me and I'm eating healthier than ever. I know once I reach goal that I can't really see my eating habits changing from as they are now.

Had my WI tonight was up 2 lbs :( Kinda expected it after my exam blowout but I'm free now which means I have time to focus on food and exercise. I've the mini-marathon in 2 weeks so really need to up the exercise.

I'm 5.5lbs from my next stone so really want to try and get that within the next 2/3 weeks if possible.

+1 - I used to eat frozen pizzas, chips, donegal catch (the odd time and would have 2 of them) sweet and sour chicken (chicken fried in LOADS of oil with jar of sauce) 2 sandwiches for lunch with ham AND cheese and crisps and a bar. Much happier with my healthy eating now, have much more variety and have learned how to cook from scratch. Amazed I can now cook so many things and make my own sauces etc.

UGH, have the mini-marathon myself for the first time ever, really need to up my game. Have only walked 6k once so going to try for 7k this weekend and sure 3k onto shouldnt be too bad on the day with the craic and that. Moving next weekend so prob wont get a long walk in then.

I'm 5lb from my next stone too. Setting the target of 5 weeks which seems do-able but would love it in 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Is the Hellman's Extra Light Mayo 0pp like it used to be on the old plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Hi all had my WI this morning down 2.5 broke the 40 lb barrier so I am quite pleased with my self today as a result.......:):)

I hope the new thread will work as i really feel this has helped me over the last few months since I stumbled across it............I am since going on PP eathing much better and resent the way I was mocked by the other thread people as one of my posts was copied.......I do occasionally go off track and eat baddly because of my emotions and wont appoligise for that because I had two children both on the Autistic spectrum so life for me can be hard sometimes......as I dont work outside the home and my hubby is often away for 2/3 days at a time this thread and my FB can sometimes be my time out:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

ShindyB wrote: »
    Is the Hellman's Extra Light Mayo 0pp like it used to be on the old plan?

15g of the Xlight is 0pp but anymore has to be pointed ,off hand I think 30g is 1pp as is 45g .

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

sts this week..

on another note had a NSV (Non Scales Victory), can actually feel and kinda see my collarbones, haven't seem them for years :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I keep an excel sheet as my dailt tracker and did some fancy magic to discover what my top 30 items consumed are in hte last 100 days

in order of frequency:

Foods %
    Apple 101.92%
    Banana 95.19%
    Milk Low Fat 69.23%
    Rice Krispies 30grm 53.85%
    Salad 50.96%
    Potato Salad 1 tbsp 50.00%
    Beetroot 45.19%
    Egg (medium) 44.23%
    Orange 43.27%
    Cooking Oil 40.38%
    Chicken Fillet 38.46%
    Onion 37.50%
    Dessert Vanilla Lidl 32.69%
    Mayo Lite 1tbsp 29.81%
    Coke 330mls 28.85%
    Speculoos(1) 28.85%
    Fruit Salad 27.88%
    Soup Work 25.96%
    Merengue 25.00%
    Peas 24.04%
    Ham Slice(2) 22.12%
    Butter(lowlow) 21.15%
    Bread Focaccia(Garlic+Cheese) 20.19%
    Peppers 19.23%
    Tomato Ketchup 1tbsp 19.23%
    Bacon Medallion 18.27%
    Bread Soda Slc 17.31%
    Salad Dressing (Work) 1tbsp 17.31%
    Breakfast Bar 15.38%
    Mayo 1tbsp 15.38%
    Bread Slice(2) 14.42%

It was a good excersise to discover what items i could/should cut back on

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I keep an excel sheet as my dailt tracker and did some fancy magic to discover what my top 30 items consumed are in hte last 100 days

in order of frequency:

Foods %
    Apple 101.92%
    Banana 95.19%
    Milk Low Fat 69.23%
    Rice Krispies 30grm 53.85%
    Salad 50.96%
    Potato Salad 1 tbsp 50.00%
    Beetroot 45.19%
    Egg (medium) 44.23%
    Orange 43.27%
    Cooking Oil 40.38%
    Chicken Fillet 38.46%
    Onion 37.50%
    Dessert Vanilla Lidl 32.69%
    Mayo Lite 1tbsp 29.81%
    Coke 330mls 28.85%
    Speculoos(1) 28.85%
    Fruit Salad 27.88%
    Soup Work 25.96%
    Merengue 25.00%
    Peas 24.04%
    Ham Slice(2) 22.12%
    Butter(lowlow) 21.15%
    Bread Focaccia(Garlic+Cheese) 20.19%
    Peppers 19.23%
    Tomato Ketchup 1tbsp 19.23%
    Bacon Medallion 18.27%
    Bread Soda Slc 17.31%
    Salad Dressing (Work) 1tbsp 17.31%
    Breakfast Bar 15.38%
    Mayo 1tbsp 15.38%
    Bread Slice(2) 14.42%

It was a good excersise to discover what items i could/should cut back on

hehe at least your aware of what your eating..... but i say if ease up on the cereal bars, bread and coke where possible (but the fact they are already highlighted shows your aware of that)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭carlyam2

yippee had my wi and was down 1.5lb today. so happy im back on the wagon had kind of let myself fall off for a while.
    i must try those BNS chips everyone is talking bout :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

aspie mum wrote: »
    15g of the Xlight is 0pp but anymore has to be pointed ,off hand I think 30g is 1pp as is 45g .
    Thanks for that 45g for 1 pp is great.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement