Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Guys anyone know hm pp would be be in a caeser salad with chicken from tgi fridays?? No cheese,dressing or croutons??Planning ahead for a trip tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

this weather is really peeing me off i could not get out for a walk the last 2 days.As well as that we have friends over tonight and that means a take out and wine it will be my first one in a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

javagal wrote: »
    Guys anyone know hm pp would be be in a caeser salad with chicken from tgi fridays?? No cheese,dressing or croutons??Planning ahead for a trip tomorrow.

I'd say about 8pp....cos all you'd be pointing is the chicken and bit of ham...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I'd say about 8pp....cos all you'd be pointing is the chicken and bit of ham...

grand!! thanks lainy!means i can have drinks tonight :)

so tired i'm seeing double at the moment...i'll have a look thru my lists of places to see if i have exact TGI listings later on....got feck all sleep last night...fecking cat woke me at 6am then....i dont do "lack of sleep" gracefully...i'm sure they thought i was drunk at the communion...didnt even hav a drink...literly so tired struggled to stay awake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Absolutely knackered, but so worth it.

Went for my walk which actually turned out to be 7.3k!!! Delighted I was able to do it but I do admit I stopped about half way through and sat on a bench for 5 minutes for a cigarette. There was a few hills and with the galeforce winds, it took a lot out of me before I had even got half way.

Also, did a good chunk of packing today so delighted with that too.

Having a lowfat version of a staple meal I used to ALWAYS have in college. Wholewheat pasta, lowfat grated cheese, tuna and a piece of low fat garlic bread nom nom nom Can't wait!! Used to eat LOADS of white pasta in college, loads of cheese, tuna (which isn't bad) but then a good chunk of normal garlic bread. Good to know we can still have the things we like :)

Well done on the losses girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Hi folks, am new to this whole thread thing, just stumbled across it by accident, but have really enjoyed reading the posts, its great to have somewhere to go for support and advice. Lost 3st 5 pounds on ww, but packed it in as i couldnt get the hang of new pp system(was too lazy and stubborn to change!!) Am about 5 pounds away from my goal weight, and stuck here, so ive decided to give it another go! heading back to meeting on tues :)

You have done really well so far. Hopefully the break will have helped you forget about points & be ready to embrace the propoints. Good luck. You're nearly there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

/waves - hi everyone :)
    Joined WW three weeks ago (not for the first time :o) really liking the new propoints as i can eat loads, lost 3lbs so far, need to up the exercise but cant seem to motivate myself... any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Donegal3

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Out of interest what is in the 5% and 10% books?

As most of ye know I'm doing the @ home plan and they send you everything together at the beginning supposedly all the books, the eating out guide, the shopping guide, 12 trackers and the electronic calculator.

But I never got a 5 or 10% book and didn't get anything re maintanance either :( am i missing anything important maybe if i'd bothered sending my WI's to Kay every week they'd have eventually sent them on?? :confused:

Great losses Lainy and Layla well done.

Hope to see ye all over in 'our other place'? :)

Kay_80 like you I am doing it from home and have been sending my WI's in every week and havn't gotter the book so don't think it makes much difference.

I have 8 points left and just had my dinner and wondering what can I ahve later as a snack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

evening all,

finally dusted my treadmill off and actually went for a 30 min walk (yay me) so was well chuffed......then undid all my hard work by having a dessert with my dinner.....I have NO WILLPOWER!!!! so pretty much used a heap of my extra points and its like day 3:eek:

Programme on LivingTV called "Morbidly Obese" - Might be interesting, those kinda shows certainly scare me into copping on and being healthy. That's why I love that I made the choice to really get into exercise aswell as healthy eating. I thought it was going to be such a pain (I was extremely lazy) but now I enjoy my walks and any other exercise I do and love that I will be able to keep it up when I get to goal.

Just can't wait to be totally fit and healthy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 IrregularGirl

Hi everybody,

I am on my second week of the Weightwatchers programme and have lose three and a half pounds so far. I have been reading this thread and the previous one for a while and i have to say all of you have become an inspiration for me in this long battle to lose weight:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

earned 18 activity points the last 3 days :) even got out in the rain ! shattered now, hoping to get out for a hill walk tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

According to the weight watchers eating out guide there are 24pp in the ceaser salad in TGI so deduct accordingly what you leave out:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lorimc

Off to do my first official 10K, eek!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

lorimc wrote: »

good luck and have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

well had my first Chinese in 4 weeks last night:) i got a prawn chow mien.
    The funny thing was that i was stuffed after half of it and could not finish it,i also had 2 light beers so i may get out for a long walk today no matter how heavy it is raining.
    Hope everyone has a good sunday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

hi All,
    Does anyone have any idea how to point chips in a restaurant? They were skinnyish.

I dont even feel bad for having them as the last time I had chips was in January!!

lorimc wrote: »

I'm doing my first 8k! GOOD LUCK TO THE BOTH OF US

• Advertisement

Good Luck Lorimc and Lady Lainy today hope you both do great:D

Donegal3 wrote: »
    Good Luck Lorimc and Lady Lainy today hope you both do great:D

Will have lots of piccys for the blog later hopefully :) Irish Guide Dogs, Hector, Local TDs, Radio stations :)

Now off to wash the dog!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

good luck Lorimc and Lainey!!!!

am back on the straight and narrow again after my dessert oopsie yesterday!!! Got up on the treadmill and did a 3km walk as the weather is still yuckie outside!!! :(

just seen the post about 24 points in a Ceasar salad :eek: Is it the dressing ??? I always used to think salads were a good option in a resturant.....may have to re-think that!!!

flamelily wrote: »
    good luck Lorimc and Lainey!!!!

am back on the straight and narrow again after my dessert oopsie yesterday!!! Got up on the treadmill and did a 3km walk as the weather is still yuckie outside!!! :(

just seen the post about 24 points in a Ceasar salad :eek: Is it the dressing ??? I always used to think salads were a good option in a resturant.....may have to re-think that!!!

it depends on the portion...and how the chicken is prepared....like a nandos ceasar salad is about 12pp....

is it fried/baked/grilled chicken.....same goes for the ham...crutons can be toasted in oven or fried till crispie....

always ask for dressing on the side. :)

Preparation can make a huge difference....

Guys there is a WW supplement in the Sunday World today if anyone is interested.:D

On a bit of a downer :( Went out with good intentions to walk 7 or 8k but I took a different route than I normally did and got lost and my runners started rubbing seriously and I was getting really frustrated and upset so I got the OH to come and pick me up... just mapped it there and it was only 5k and I was sooo wrecked... has made me really worried about the mini marathon... ok rant over... sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

dont panic Monife :)
    on the day there will be such a good atmosphere it will help you go that little bit further... i always manage to walk/jog more than i thought on the day :D just think of the donnybrook firemen and their hoses!!! that always gets me walking faster :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Good luck ladies with ur 8 and 10ks today...hope the weather holds for ye :)

Just finished dinner and I had the yellow fin sole which bubaloo and lady lainy recommended. I dont think I'm ever going to be ordering it in a restaurant, but it was grand and made a change from chicken!

Off now to watch Kildare and Wicklow, up the lillies!

Thanks everyone for the messages of support! The run was okish, I was hoping to get under an hour but I finished it in about 1.00.50 (dont have the official time yet). Over half of the run went through Carton golf course and this morning some of it was not very pleasant, the rain and wind just belting on you in the very exposed areas and pushing you right back down some of the hills so if the weather was better I could have done it.

On a gross/embarrassing note I really tried for the last few hundred metres and ending up getting a little sick in the grass just after crossing the line, my friend assures me that nobody saw it and hopefully Kildare TV (that were filming people crossing) don't have anything on me!!
    Guys there is a WW supplement in the Sunday World today if anyone is interested.

The girl in it looks amazing, and my leader is the one that had the guy.

• Advertisement

Oh made the brown bread last night and its yum! Thanks Caros :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement