Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

well done being so close to goal!!

my goal was 10st 4 and got to it in march and since then i have been up and down, up and down!! i would love to be 9st 13 as never been in the 9's ever(even as a kid, i went from 9pounds to 10 stone i swear)!

wish i had at the time told my leader i wanted to change my goal and keep paying as it would have keep me motivated to get into 9's but the extra few quid in the pocket is nice!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

Layla0509 wrote: »
    It's Friday and it's lunch out day I've steered the lads from work towards the new noodle place near work could anyone hazard a guess at how many pp would be in Wholewheat noodles with veg & egg with more veg added and chicken with the sweet chilli sauce (think this sauce might be the best on pp other choices are teriyaki, sate, black bean, curry)

Anyone hazard a guess for me? I was thinkin about 14pp maybe

Hey! I had something like that in Wagamama recently and pointed it at 14points off a site i found. Though didn't have sweet chilli sauce in it. I think teriyaki sauce might be ok too.

It was really filling so ended up only having a light dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    WI last night, was down 0.5lbs. Think I need to resign myself to the fact that that is all I'm going to lose a week. One more pound to my goal of 10stone 2lb. Dunno what to do though. Ideally would like to get to 10 on the nose or even 9st 13lb, but not sure I can face paying a tenner every week for 0.5lbs loss. Would it be better to accept 10st 2lb as goal but keep going myself?

Well done on being so close to goal.
    Is it possible to reach your goal set by the machine, get your gold card but continue to loose??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

harr wrote: »
    Why is everyone so hungry this week? i have been starving for the last 3 days ,this evening i had a huge chicken stir-fry with loads of veg and brown rice and bang an hour later and the stomach is falling out of me with the hunger.
    I have been very tempted by the choc chip cookies in the press for the last hour.Well done to everyone on the weight loss this week :)

it has to be the weather, its colder than normal making us hungry!

I walked the legs off my self yesterday so much so my legs and ankles were killing me! well the muscles around my ankles:confused: I think I am dehydrated did not drink enough water yesterday! I woke up at 6am with a pounding pain in my head and every muscle was stiff and sore! still feel crap but going to make sure I get enough fluids in today!

I got a new iphone :) what apps do you find best for WW

Shoe lover I know exactly how you feel! Im hoping I can lose a little more than .5 a week keep at it we will get there in the end Im hoping with this thread I can keep the will to keep going when instead of a nice steady loss its creeps off at snails pace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

This is it - I'm not sure. I was saying it to my leader a few weeks ago and she said that there's not much difference in 10st and 10st 2lbs - it's not something that someone is going to say "oh you've lost 2lbs", but it's more how you feel. I think I'll see how I get on next week. I've paid for the 6weeks so I've four left so I might see how I do next week and then decide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

I got a new iphone :) what apps do you find best for WW

I find the iwatcher app best, you cam log your food, track and calculate your pps...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

+1 for Iwatcher.
    I also use map my fitness for tracking my walks...gives you distance and time.
    There are a few C25K apps, if your into that and I recently downloaded run keeper, after I seen it recommended somwhere and Jillian Michaels from biggest loser also has an exercise app. Have it but haven't tried it yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I use the WWpoints app on android. Its really good. You can point, track, add foods to your favourites, scan barcodes and get the points automatically online, add barcodes that aren't registered, see your weightloss in a graph. Oh and theres a nifty thing where you can calculate the points for a portion. So say you only have the details for 100g and you're having 38g, you fill in all the deatils (protein, carbs, fat, fibre) then theres a field for "as per xxxg" and you put in 100, then the next field asks you to state the portion size you're having so you put 38 and it works it out for you. 'Tis handy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

I will have to go shopping at weekend :( ,my jeans are a 36 inch waist and are starting to fall off me every time i bend down now i have a terrible builders bum :eek: well so the other half informed me this morning.I have a few pairs of jeans with a 32inch waist from the last time i lost the weight but there is no hope of getting into them yet.Its shocking that i have a skinny and fat side to my wardrobe.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Afternoon all :)

So had WI this morning & I was also down 0.5lb. Of course I'd like it to be more but I'm happy it's going the right direction! I was worried I'd be up after having good losses the last 2 wks due to being sick & unable to eat! Especially as I was such a starvin marvin all week so I'm delighted, I ate all my dailies & about 20 weeklies & I got Back to exercise as well so hoping that will show in the next few weeks! I'm now 12.05 so c'mon the 11's!! :P

Hope you all have a great weekend :) I'm off the painkillers & Anti B's so I'm going to have a nice glass of red wine later! Been an absolute killer day at the office, I'm back in after 4 wks offsite & to say things are shambolic would be an understatement! I'm only getting to drink or eat anything now since I've been here which was 7.30am!! I'm dying of dehydration my lips are all chapped to prove it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Shoelover great news that you are so close to goal I think you're allowed to go either side of your goal weight by 5 or 7lbs & still keep your gold card I'm sure Kashmir knows the answer for sure so if you want to lose 3 or 4 more lbs from 10.2 why don't you keep your goal as that get your gold card a couple of wks later & then lose what you feel comfortable with :) fab achievement missus you must be thrilled :D

Or if you don't care about the gold card continue on yourself following the plan as you have been doing & save your 10 euro? Or do you feel you need your leader & the support of the WI & meeting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Down 1lb again at weigh in- My exams are over now so there is nothing stopping me.

Today I have reached a mini goal. In a pair of shorts!!Ok tights underneath but before my derriere was so big a 16 jean shorts wouldnt fit. Now I'm in my skinny friends size 12. Gonna be styling for slane tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    WI last night, was down 0.5lbs. Think I need to resign myself to the fact that that is all I'm going to lose a week. One more pound to my goal of 10stone 2lb. Dunno what to do though. Ideally would like to get to 10 on the nose or even 9st 13lb, but not sure I can face paying a tenner every week for 0.5lbs loss. Would it be better to accept 10st 2lb as goal but keep going myself?

I am exactly the same, would love a week of 2+ loss but still am just happy its coming off...my goal weight is 10st 3lb, I am 9lbs off and its bloody hard work.
    Still onwards and downwards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 LORNLAKES22

brightstar wrote: »
    I am exactly the same, would love a week of 2+ loss but still am just happy its coming off...my goal weight is 10st 3lb, I am 9lbs off and its bloody hard work.

I am currently 10 11 and on my 3rd week with WW and so far I have lost not an ounce - my first goal would be 10 - but the time is marching on and I am really feeling that I must be doing something wrong - I am eating well - not really using my weeklies as I dont find I need to so thought it was ok to just leave them or deduct on the days where I go over my points. I am exercising a minimum of twice a week at the gym and I go for good walks - last night I went for my weigh in and I was up a 1/2 lb - what is a woman to do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

I am currently 10 11 and on my 3rd week with WW and so far I have lost not an ounce - my first goal would be 10 - but the time is marching on and I am really feeling that I must be doing something wrong - I am eating well - not really using my weeklies as I dont find I need to so thought it was ok to just leave them or deduct on the days where I go over my points. I am exercising a minimum of twice a week at the gym and I go for good walks - last night I went for my weigh in and I was up a 1/2 lb - what is a woman to do :(
    thats strange you havent lost anything as you seem to be doing everything right....are you weighing your portions? are you a bit constipated maybe?

what sort of foods are you eating? you could be eating stuff low in points but high is sugars or carbs even! what is your daily pints?

if your not drinking much water, try this week to drink loads and you defo so see some sort of loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

does anyone know the pp for the aldi pancetta pieces? I thought i was grabbing the ham bits which are 2pp...they are in same type of packaging as the pancetta...i opened them and added them to the pan before i relised i grabbed wrong packet....and to top it all off. the Nutritional information was on the other 1/2 of the packet which was already used and thrown out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

Im going home for the weekend so mam said she d take alll sweets out of house!!! Hahah Im not that bad, but my mother has a bad effect on me!!! I exercise more when home but also eat more!!This weekend gonna concentrate on just exercise!!!
    Last night my bf ate his last easter egg in front of me!!! I had jelly!!! Very proud!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    does anyone know the pp for the aldi pancetta pieces? I thought i was grabbing the ham bits which are 2pp...they are in same type of packaging as the pancetta...i opened them and added them to the pan before i relised i grabbed wrong packet....and to top it all off. the Nutritional information was on the other 1/2 of the packet which was already used and thrown out...

7pp per one half..I use them all the time...YUM!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lizlemon

Hi Guys,

I was listening to the Jillian Michaels podcast on iTunes (which is really good btw) and she was discussing how to work out you BMR number.

Basically this refers to the amount of calories that you body burns naturally on an average day by just basically existing. 1700 calories she says equates to about a pound, so if you can create a calorie deficit of 1700 in a week, you should in theory lose a pound in weight. Obviously if you add exercise to the mix, you burn even more calories and so can make achieving this deficit easier.

This was a bit of a lightbulb moment for me as my BMR number is just under 1600 calories, my partner who is 3 inches shorter than me, about 25 pounds lighter and a few years older has a number of 1400. We both have the same WW allocation in points a day. I know we think in points most of the time and not calories but I think this BMI number goes along way to explain why I have lost a little bit more weight in the same time-frame, eating the same foods pretty much than she has...

I just thought I'd share this. I'm not sure if it's something that has been discussed before, it might just be a light-bulb moment for me lol! But it might be worth thinking about. :-) If you google BMR calculator is brings up loads of links to sites where you can work out your number.

7pp per one half..I use them all the time...YUM!

gutted! the ham cubes...which do the exact same job are only 2pp....will make sure i look at the pack next time before hurling them into the omlette!

• Advertisement

Ingredients
    145 g Lasagne Sheet, dried, not pre-cooked
    400 g Quorn Mince
    60 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain
    1 tablespoons Margarine, Soft, Polyunsaturated
    300 ml Milk, Skimmed
    40 g Weight Watchers Mature Cheese Block
    1 pot(s) Knorr Beef Stock Pot, Made up to 1/4 pint
    1 teaspoons (as purchased) Mixed Herbs, Dried
    1 medium Onion, All Types, chopped
    1 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
    1/4 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)
    500 g Passata

Instructions
    Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5/190C/375F

Heat a large saucepan and dry-fry the Quorn until browned. Add onion and garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes until softened.

Add passata and stock. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes without a lid, until reduced slightly. Remove from heat.

Put milk, flour and margarine into a non-stick saucepan. Heat, stirring constantly with a whisk, until thickened and smooth.
    Remove from heat and sitr in the cheese. Season

Spoon half the Quorn mixture into an oblong ovenproof dish. Lay half the lasagne sheets on top. Spread 2-3 tablespoons of sauce over the sheets, then top with remaining meat mixture. Lay remaining lasagne sheets on top, then spread sauce over the top.

Bake for 50-60 minutes until golden.

The Cheese sauce turned out SO nice...going to use the cheese sauce recipe another night and do a DIY carbonara. :) The amounts here make about 300ml of sauce.

Really hope its nice! It would be a great item to work into my eating...a day or two of dinners/lunch made in one go. could serve it with home made wedges, salad, potato salad, or with a 0pp veg soup.

Even if you divided the whole thing into 3 servings... that's still only 13pp a serving!

Making the Potatoe and chicken soup tomorrow....now that would be a serioulsy filling meal...bowl of the soup and 1/4 of the lasange...for like 13pp!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

went over my points by 5PP today .... which is dissapointing for me as I NEVER use the weeklies:mad:

ah well, we'll call it a break out;).

PS: for the last few, dont forget to PM me ur weight before 00:00 tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

evening all :)

I am having one of 'those' days :( been munching all around me and had to use a few of my weeklies ..... to much temptation in work ..... and the will power left me when the ice cream came out this arvy!!! :eek:

will have to get up on the treadmill tomorrow and do a serious walk to make up for it!!!

thanks for the Lasagne recipe Lainy, sounds yummy!!!

flamelily wrote: »
    evening all :)

I am having one of 'those' days :( been munching all around me and had to use a few of my weeklies ..... to much temptation in work ..... and the will power left me when the ice cream came out this arvy!!! :eek:

will have to get up on the treadmill tomorrow and do a serious walk to make up for it!!!

thanks for the Lasagne recipe Lainy, sounds yummy!!!

I'm actually AMAZED at how filling it is! First time making it so took ages...but next time I'll fry thru it!

Hope the soup I'm making tomorrow is nice! WI tomorrow....its going to be laughably bad! Just been all over the place this week...not sleeping...eating at all odd times....

but since i got the puppy Tuesday....he's practically house trained, walking on the lead, knows his name, and comes back when called!

Keeping my self busy this weekend by kidnapping neighbours dogs and giving them free make overs. (I need dogs for my portfolio)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

I'm the same, 10st 3 is my target and I'm 9 off!!! I lost 8 in the first 4 weeks then gained 2 last week.. Was gutted but hoping it heads downwards for Tuesday;)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

my laptop isn't workin the best so can't rem if i posted already,was up 4lbs yesterday:(own fault but did ok 2day after 2 weeks of eatin anything and everything!! maybe i needed to be told that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

Jesus my weeklies are all gone!:eek:

Damn you Tesco Tiger loaf and real butter! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    went over my points by 5PP today .... which is dissapointing for me as I NEVER use the weeklies:mad:

ah well, we'll call it a break out;).

PS: for the last few, dont forget to PM me ur weight before 00:00 tonight!

You think you're bad - I went over by 24 today! But, that's what weeklies are for.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jackie307133

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    wooohoooo, my weight can now be expressed in numbers begining with 14st!!! 14st12.5:D:D:D:D to be precise.

another 2.5lbs down, 32.5lbs in total:eek:

Thats awesome, well done:), seriously need to sort my wardrobe aswell:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Hi all

Looking for some help,on a Saturday night i all ways like to treat my self to some thing nice to eat and a couple glasses of wine but i dont want to use all of my weeklys up,last week i had i tube of pringles which worked out at 28 points and the wine was 10 points so a total of 38 pp on top of my daily points.Maybe a something from the Chinese or the likes? What would you suggest i have for my treat?

I dont want to waist them on another tube of pringles (even though they were yummy):)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement