Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Hi all hope every one having a good weekend so far, my day was stressful had a friend over and she broke down she feeling very depressed so we had lots of tea and I had some cake had enough pp though hubby got KFc and I resisted yay got a salad and stuck to it no picking lol

Gt could I send you hubby stats we were wondering what his pp would be as well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Baby75 wrote: »
    Gt could I send you hubby stats we were wondering what his pp would be as well

No! ... only kidding, work away ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Laurbie wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I am new to this ( in my second week). I'm a bit worried about the free fruit part of the diet. I havent yet eaten 29 points in a day, however, I prob eat 2 pieces of fruit a day. Has it affected any of you before? also how much fruit is too much? I dont want to feel like Im doing great and then get a shock at the weigh in. :confused:
    Ps: its great to have so many positive people here that support one another

Welcome to the thread.

2 pieces of fruit is definitely not excessive. WW have allowed points for fruit in this plan. The recommended portion would be 5-8 portions of fruit and veg in a day, obviously a bit more veg than fruit. 2/3 pieces a day should be fine but dont over do it on bananas.

You should try and eat all your 29 every day, especially if you are exercising. Not many of us eat our activity PP but if you are exercising or walking more than twice a week, you should eat all your 29, if you constantly dont, it could hinder your weightloss. Also try and drink plenty of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

hi
    well i had a half portion(yes a half portion) of sweet and sour pork with 100g chips,2 glasses of wine and a packet of walkers baked which all has a point total of 29pp and it was all yummy,its nice to get a little treat at the end of the week :)
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

harr wrote: »
    hi
    well i had a half portion(yes a half portion) of sweet and sour pork with 100g chips,2 glasses of wine and a packet of walkers baked which all has a point total of 29pp and it was all yummy,its nice to get a little treat at the end of the week :)
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend :D

You have giving me a craving for sweet and sour! Ah well I'm in bed now,so can't do any damage. I'm working all weekend which I hate, but its so beneficial for my weight loss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Laurbie wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I am new to this ( in my second week). I'm a bit worried about the free fruit part of the diet. I havent yet eaten 29 points in a day, however, I prob eat 2 pieces of fruit a day. Has it affected any of you before? also how much fruit is too much? I dont want to feel like Im doing great and then get a shock at the weigh in. :confused:
    Ps: its great to have so many positive people here that support one another

you should follow the five a day rule. Dont eat TONNES especially if your finding it hard to eat your points. Everyone starting out goes thru that phase in first few weeks of ww...its natural to aim for super low pp low fat options.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Great news on the move & the shorter commute, Monife. Think of all the extra time you will have now to concentrate on WW & your wedding plans. Hope everything is working out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Morning all! Can anyone recommend good songs for running? Today is the day I start week 1 day 1 of C25K,been putting it off for too long!:p

newbee22 wrote: »
    Morning all! Can anyone recommend good songs for running? Today is the day I start week 1 day 1 of C25K,been putting it off for too long!:p

Lady gaga - Born this way
    J-Lo & Pit Bull - On the floor
    Katy Perry & Kanya West - ET
    Nicole Sherzinger - Dont Hold your breath
    Usher - DJ got us falling in love tonight
    Bruno Mars- The Other Side
    Jessie J - Price Tag
    Maroon 5 - Give me a little more
    Ke$ha - Your Love is my drug

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Yay down 4lbs this week bringin me to 29lbs since the start of jan holiday weight is long gone plus 2 extra

• Advertisement

Thanks Lady Lainey!!:)

Thanks Lady Lainey!!:)

No probs, there all the kinda stuff i have on my treadmill playlist :)

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Lady gaga - Born this way
    J-Lo & Pit Bull - On the floor
    Katy Perry & Kanya West - ET
    Nicole Sherzinger - Dont Hold your breath
    Usher - DJ got us falling in love tonight
    Bruno Mars- The Other Side
    Jessie J - Price Tag
    Maroon 5 - Give me a little more
    Ke$ha - Your Love is my drug

oooh no!

most of metallica's stuff does the job for running

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    oooh no!

most of metallica's stuff does the job for running
    I like to listen to AC/DC on my long walks or guns and roses :)

harr wrote: »
    I like to listen to AC/DC on my long walks or guns and roses :)

yeah, i've some of that mixed in on the mp3 player too

There are some couch to 5k IPOD and MP3 podcasts on the internet. If you don't want to be timing yourself, they tell you or make a distinctive noise when it is time to start jogging or walking.

This one has some general chart music but is not that recent. And also has a rock version.

Robert Ulrey's podcast is mainly trance/dance music and can get real boring after a while unless you're into it.

This one has a mixture of songs.

This website can help you make your own podcasts for C25K. It is a bit tricky and you need to read the instructions and download a bit of software. I did it for week 3 and 4 as it is easy enough to do when there are only a few runs but for week 1 and 2, you spend quite a long time trying to make the podcast.

picked up a few boxes of this yesterday...I like to stock up when I get to aldi.

they used to make this in 2 fillets but both the boxes i got yesterday had 3 fillets. They're the same weight...but instead of two bigger fillets, its three smaller fillets.

The box still says 2 fillets...but as both boxes had 3...maybe this is how they're being made from now on...which would be GREAT!

So if you get a box with 3 fillets this is how to point the new slightly smaller fillets

1 fillet = 3pp
    2 fillets = 5pp
    3 fillets = 8pp

• Registered Users Posts: 47 opheila

Been a long term lurker and joined boards just for this thread as badly need some advice...in ww two months near the target they set but i still feel large though and would love to lose a little more but at the same point i don't want to be paying out every week especially if it takes a couple of months to achieve my target so my question is should i lower my target? And if i do do i still pay every week?or do i leave my target the way it is and keep losing weight? Really hope someone here can help me really need some advice and my leader isn't the most friendly ... thanks in advance :)

opheila wrote: »
    Been a long term lurker and joined boards just for this thread as badly need some advice...in ww two months near the target they set but i still feel large though and would love to lose a little more but at the same point i don't want to be paying out every week especially if it takes a couple of months to achieve my target so my question is should i lower my target? And if i do do i still pay every week?or do i leave my target the way it is and keep losing weight? Really hope someone here can help me really need some advice and my leader isn't the most friendly ... thanks in advance :)

I think if you lower your target you would still have to pay until you reach your goal. This would be good if you find you need the meetings and weekly weigh ins. If you think you could get the support at home and on this thread (great support mechanism by the way) and invest in a decent scales, you could reach the goal set by WW and keep going at home.

cant wait for dinner tonight!

doing the home made wedges in the oven with the schwartz for spuds spice mix. haven't used that before....

and while the oven is on...going to do a chicken breast in the Maggi So juicy garlic mix :)

garlic chicken and cajun wedges with peas + corn for 15pp! YUM!

Did a big on the treadmill this morning....but want to enjoy that dinner guilt free so going to try and knock out a session of weights and toning in the minute! :D

the new puppy is finally sleep at nights...which means i'm sleeping too! Ha! you'd swear i'm talking about a child!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the music suggestions guys! Did day 1 and I'm still alive to tell the tale!:D

Thanks for the music suggestions guys! Did day 1 and I'm still alive to tell the tale!:D

well done, but the all important Q is .... what music did ya go with?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 opheila

Thanks Monife ... its difficult at home by myself because i find regular weigh ins defo help with motivation i can't pretend to myself that the scales are wrong there but kind of resent how expensive it is! Thread is brilliant its like a mini meeting i use it to keep myself motivated but i wish there was some way to outwit the ww system! Just the expense really want a gold card just to actually achieve something i usually give up half way thru everything

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    well done, but the all important Q is .... what music did ya go with?

Went with Lady Lainys stuff, same taste in music!

:eek: .... :( ..... :rolleyes: ....

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Just back from a 7k walk, and didn't need to be cattle prodded half way round either! A couple of months ago I wouldn't have been able to do half of it without puffing and panting. Deffo since I started this my fitness levels have gone up.

Went out last night and just had the one brandy with a diet 7up and had ballygownan still the rest of the night so I got some water in there. Must make a move on it today, have only had about 500ml yet!

Discovered something new - caramel snack a jacks, wow!!! 1 point for 1 and they do the biz to satisfy the sweet craving.

i'm so fussy when it comes to playlists.. :P down to the order of the tracks...

woo just finished 90 mins in the "gym" 30 mins on treadmill walking, 30 minutes weights and another 30 minutes on treadmill.

My full gym playlist is...
    big lights brighter city - cee lo green
    Dont hold you breath - nicole sherzinger
    On the floor - J Lo ft Pitbull
    Price Tag - Jessie J
    Airplanes - B.O.B ft Hayle Williams
    DJ gott us falling in love - Usher
    S&M - Rihanna
    ET - Katy Perry (Kanye West Remix)
    Right Round - Flo Rider ft Ke$ha
    I Need A doctor - Eminem
    The Other Side - Bruno Mars Ft. B.O.B & Cee Lo Green
    Cooler Than Me - Mike Posner
    Let Me Think About it - Idar Corr & Fred Le Grande
    Give Me A Little Bit More - Maroon 5
    Born This Way - Lady Gaga
    Circle The Drain - Katy Perry
    Raindrops (encore en fois) - Sash ft Stunt
    Untouched - Veronicas
    I know you want me - PitPull
    Number 1 - Tinchy Strider
    Bonkers - Dizzee Rascal
    Raise Your Glass - Pink
    Misery - Maroon 5
    TGIF (thank god its friday) - Katty Perry
    Broken Hearted Girl - Beyonce (my cool down song)

I never listened to B.O.B or pitbull until i started using the treadmill...LOL
    I'm always surfing thru itunes looking for albums on sale :D Gee can anyone tell that i listen to katy perry ALOT :P

dear god i have a harmony of dogs snoring (and farting) behind me....LMAO

Caros wrote: »
    Just back from a 7k walk, and didn't need to be cattle prodded half way round either! A couple of months ago I wouldn't have been able to do half of it without puffing and panting. Deffo since I started this my fitness levels have gone up.

Went out last night and just had the one brandy with a diet 7up and had ballygownan still the rest of the night so I got some water in there. Must make a move on it today, have only had about 500ml yet!

Discovered something new - caramel snack a jacks, wow!!! 1 point for 1 and they do the biz to satisfy the sweet craving.

just watch out cos its 3pp for 2 of them! they are yummy! you can break them up and there like toffee popcorn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    just watch out cos its 3pp for 2 of them! they are yummy! you can break them up and there like toffee popcorn :)

feck! Thanks for that Lainy, just as well I stopped at one! I hate sneaky points like that :mad:

• Advertisement

Caros wrote: »
    feck! Thanks for that Lainy, just as well I stopped at one! I hate sneaky points like that :mad:

rule of thumb i use....when in doubt.....double portion of a "treat food" add an extra point....ie 1 portion = 1pp 2 portions = 3pp

but i've also found some of the healthier foods...you actually "save" a point when having a double portion...where 1 portion might be 2pp and 2 portions will be 3pp kinda thing...

or when in doubt...and have the weighing scales handy :P weight the portion and point it using the 100g info and work out the exact points for the weight of the item your having.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement