Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

harr wrote: »
    Hi all

Looking for some help,on a Saturday night i all ways like to treat my self to some thing nice to eat and a couple glasses of wine but i dont want to use all of my weeklys up,last week i had i tube of pringles which worked out at 28 points and the wine was 10 points so a total of 38 pp on top of my daily points.Maybe a something from the Chinese or the likes? What would you suggest i have for my treat?

I dont want to waist them on another tube of pringles (even though they were yummy):)

Well a chow mein is pretty good from the Chinese, I know a vegetable one is about 8pp. The velvet crunch are low and along withta crunchie is a nice low enough treat?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mollie57

Don't post often but thanks to everyone who does - have learned so much. Do men and women have a minimum 29 points a week of is it more for men. Hubby wants to lose weight but wouldnt be caught dead at a meeting.

Well done on al the great losses and am really impressed by the amount of exercise many of you do - its an area i find really difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Mollie57 wrote: »
    Don't post often but thanks to everyone who does - have learned so much. Do men and women have a minimum 29 points a week of is it more for men. Hubby wants to lose weight but wouldnt be caught dead at a meeting.

Well done on al the great losses and am really impressed by the amount of exercise many of you do - its an area i find really difficult.

his allowance depends on his starting weight....ppl should only be eating the minimum 29....if that is there actual allowance.

Men are usually much higher than womens. If you have the electronic calculator you should be able to work it out

and there are "men only" classes aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mollie57

Thanks Lainey never thought of that:confused::confused:
    Men are usually much higher than womens. If you have the electronic calculator you should be able to work it out

and there are "men only" classes aswell[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Mollie57 wrote: »

PM me his weight, height and age, I have a formula in my tracking spreadsheet to calculate my points

• Advertisement

Hey peeps,

I've attached a screenshot of the motivational tool.

The people that are highlighted are the top 10% of the class:D

As this is meant to motivate people, the Top10% is the only thing I will be highlighting, weekly and overall.

Well done to all and lets start working towards next weeks number

PS: if you didnt get your weight to me this week I left your Weigh the same, but you are still in the table, just get next weeks figure to me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey does anyone have an idea how many pp are in a smoothie from 'zumo'? I know they are all different but even a rough guide

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Thanks GT for that! It really is a great motivational tool for us!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

Thanks GT, Looks Great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Hey peeps,

As this is meant to motivate people, the Top10% is the only thing I will be highlighting, weekly and overall.

PS: if you didnt get your weight to me this week I left your Weigh the same, but you are still in the table, just get next weeks figure to me ;)
    What is best day to send you our weights??

• Advertisement

before friday 00:00, so everybodies figure is for the week(Saturday to friday) just passed

PS: if you have last weeks weight, you can send me this too, I'll add it so next week your % are still based on 1 week rather than2 week .... if that makes sence

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Can anyone help me out pointing homemade chicken soup from a cafe.. I'm away at my parents in law and have virtually no control over where I eat... It was soup or tea and cake!!!!! I don't want to lose the run of myself as I've 15 points left, minus whatever for soup and she has the bacon and cabbage on now.... And we're heading for drinks later!!!!

LinK3 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me out pointing homemade chicken soup from a cafe.. I'm away at my parents in law and have virtually no control over where I eat... It was soup or tea and cake!!!!! I don't want to lose the run of myself as I've 15 points left, minus whatever for soup and she has the bacon and cabbage on now.... And we're heading for drinks later!!!!

It could be anything really....its impossible to even roughly point it without knowing how it was made....it could have been made with milk, cream, creme fraiche, fresh stock, butter,

you'd be the most suited person to pointing it...was it rich? creamy? thick, runny? clear like a broth?

As you said...it was either soup or cake.. .when you cant point...you just make the best choice based on common sense....and i think you did make the right choice...try not to fret too much...and just make healthy choices and enjoy your weekend

Thank you Lainy... It wasn't creamy but I could taste potato... I'm running out of points fast, I just had some lean bacon, not sure of points for that either..I was so good last week when they came to us, and I still put up 2 pounds..So I'm going to point as best I can and enjoy myself.. I still have 47 weeklies left yet do I'm not going to worry..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

fofany wrote: »
    You think you're bad - I went over by 24 today! But, that's what weeklies are for.

Exactly and GT, wait until your daily points dwindle, you'll be delighted with the weeklies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Thanks, everyone, for the advice about the goal. I do need the support of the leader and the incentive of going to meetings to keep going but I think I will see how I get on this week and then decide if I'll keep going to 10stone or just take 10 2.

In other news, I went shopping today to see if I could get a dress for a wedding in August. So fustrating, I went into Monsoon and none of their size 12 dresses fit me and I tried on a size 14 and it fit ok, but the top part was too wide. Then I went across the road to Coast and got this dress to fit me perfectly in a 12! http://www.coast-stores.com/ELVIRA-DRESS/Dresses/coast/fcp-product/2143411509

Why can't shops use the same size guides? :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Hey peeps,

thanks GT thats great!!!

had a busy day and sort of avoided being bold......was out in the garden planting trees!!! Raging that I didn't get a walk in though......DH was out and about and the little people wouldn't leave me in peace on the treadmill :(

very interesting show on LIVING now.
    Supersized kids

wow....13 year old kids....speaking words we've all said on a weekly basis..."being afriad of the scales"
    really brings it all home....just cos there kids doesnt mean they can/should eat crap!

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Thanks, everyone, for the advice about the goal. I do need the support of the leader and the incentive of going to meetings to keep going but I think I will see how I get on this week and then decide if I'll keep going to 10stone or just take 10 2.

In other news, I went shopping today to see if I could get a dress for a wedding in August. So fustrating, I went into Monsoon and none of their size 12 dresses fit me and I tried on a size 14 and it fit ok, but the top part was too wide. Then I went across the road to Coast and got this dress to fit me perfectly in a 12! http://www.coast-stores.com/ELVIRA-DRESS/Dresses/coast/fcp-product/2143411509

Oh that is such a pretty little dress! Bet you felt like a million dollars!
    i cant wait to let the inner GIRLIE in me when i drop a few more sizes....dresses and high heels. I NEED high heels...I'm only 5ft3ish.

Cauliflower and Fennel Soup

Ingredients:

• 2 tbsp Olive Oil (3pp)
    • 1 onion, chopped
    • 2 small bulbs of Fennel
    • 1 small Cauliflower
    • 1 tbsp Fennel Seeds (optional)
    • 1.5pints of Veg stock (1pp)

Method:

• Heat the olive oil in a pan. Chop the onion, fennel and cauliflower. Add to pan and cook for 10 mins
    • Add the fennel seed and cook for another 10 mins. If you are not adding the fennel seed, just keep cooking the onion, fennel and cauliflower for another 10 mins.
    • Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20-30 mins until the veg is soft. Add black pepper.
    • Allow to cool, then blitz in a blender.

Serves about 4/5, 1pp per bowl

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Oh that is such a pretty little dress! Bet you felt like a million dollars!
    i cant wait to let the inner GIRLIE in me when i drop a few more sizes....dresses and high heels. I NEED high heels...I'm only 5ft3ish.

I did feel quite good :D And even better when I went in to see my friend and she was like "you're so skinny" :D That said, she is 7 months pregnant so everyone is skinny to her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Stunning Dress!!!

And thanks for the cauliflower soup recipe, bought a cauli today with the plan to make a soup for work next week with it and I love fennel.

Why oh why am I so useless at drinking water on days off work, have managed about a litre today. OH went out to watch some match that's on so I'll be meeting him later and might down a few ballygowan's, that might do it, though to be honest I kinda fancy a few drinks as in need of them!

OH's 22 yr old daughter lives with him , oh and by default with me too!!!!, but thank christ she's in college in Cork end September to end May though she does come down every weekend. Anyway she's down for the summer full time now. To put it mildly we do do not get on, this lady couldn't live with her own mother so to live with daddy's bit of fluff is really stretching her civility too far! Anyway .... sorry for venting!!!

Wow Shoe Lover. You must be thrilled.... Fabulous dress:)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Love the dress shoe lover & congratulations on getting into a size 12.

Caros, hope you get through the summer OK. Maybe it'll make you want to get out of the house more for big long walks!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Gorgeous dress. Yeah it really annoys me that every shop you go into the sizes are always different, and the same with certain types of clothes, like work trousers, always need huge sizes in them, yet jeans its different, my actual size would fit me!!
    Caros wrote: »
    Why oh why am I so useless at drinking water on days off work, have managed about a litre today. OH went out to watch some match that's on so I'll be meeting him later and might down a few ballygowan's, that might do it, though to be honest I kinda fancy a few drinks as in need of them!!

I am TERRIBLE at getting water into me on my days off!!! TERRIBLE!! Unless I remember, all I can do is force a glass into me, and then i'll forget again.

Finally all moved into our new apartment. Delighted, after all the stress of packing and changing addresses for post (some of that still left to do though) so glad to be here and unpacked and relaxed. Was so tight in our last place and an hour from work, here we have loads of space and i'm only 20 minutes from work :) At least that is one stress off the list.

Have made very bad food choices over the last few days with lack of food in the house so have a feeling i'll be up this week, especially since I had WI last week at Tuesday Lunchtime, and I normally WI Wednesday evening, and I STS, even though there was one less meal in me that usual, so just have a feeling i'll be up. Going to start WI from now on the Tuesday lunchtime, just handy cos its near work and you don't have to fret for the rest of the day. Would love a Thursday lunchtime (give some time to drag myself back on the wagon from the weekend) but hopefully this will keep me on track.

Off topic, my poor OH is distraught watching the match. COMPLETE dedicated fan to Man Utd. Score: Barcelona 3 Man Utd 1

Monife wrote: »
    Gorgeous dress. Yeah it really annoys me that every shop you go into the sizes are always different, and the same with certain types of clothes, like work trousers, always need huge sizes in them, yet jeans its different, my actual size would fit me!!

I am TERRIBLE at getting water into me on my days off!!! TERRIBLE!! Unless I remember, all I can do is force a glass into me, and then i'll forget again.

Finally all moved into our new apartment. Delighted, after all the stress of packing and changing addresses for post (some of that still left to do though) so glad to be here and unpacked and relaxed. Was so tight in our last place and an hour from work, here we have loads of space and i'm only 20 minutes from work :) At least that is one stress off the list.

Have made very bad food choices over the last few days with lack of food in the house so have a feeling i'll be up this week, especially since I had WI last week at Tuesday Lunchtime, and I normally WI Wednesday evening, and I STS, even though there was one less meal in me that usual, so just have a feeling i'll be up. Going to start WI from now on the Tuesday lunchtime, just handy cos its near work and you don't have to fret for the rest of the day. Would love a Thursday lunchtime (give some time to drag myself back on the wagon from the weekend) but hopefully this will keep me on track.

Off topic, my poor OH is distraught watching the match. COMPLETE dedicated fan to Man Utd. Score: Barcelona 3 Man Utd 1

Dont talk to me about matches...everyone here was watching the rugby....i could not give a hoot!

Congrats on the move! Are you 20 min drive or walk from work? Hope traffic isnt to bad...nothing worse than knowing its only 20 min drive...but traffic adds like 40mins to it!

Shoelover!!! you have me googling dresses now....online window shopping LOL!

Can't Believe It's June Next Week!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

my DH is also distressed about the match.....he has taken himself down the pub for a few 'drowning his sorrows' pints!!! on the plus side the kids are in bed and the TV remote is mine :D on the down side him rolling in a ickle worse for wear at 3am and then like a bear with a sore head tommorow :eek:

oh shoe lover that dress is stunning......can't wait til I am down a dress size or two!!! Don't get me started on stupid shops and their sizes!!!:mad:

congrats on the move monife!!! 20 mins from work is something I dream of....I am an hour from my new job.....though that said I used to be 2 hrs from my last job!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Dont talk to me about matches...everyone here was watching the rugby....i could not give a hoot!

Congrats on the move! Are you 20 min drive or walk from work? Hope traffic isnt to bad...nothing worse than knowing its only 20 min drive...but traffic adds like 40mins to it!

Shoelover!!! you have me googling dresses now....online window shopping LOL!

Can't Believe It's June Next Week!!!!

20 minute drive from work, say I could even make it in 15 mins if I drove fast. Not much traffic from the end of Dublin I am at now because it is all going to opposite way into Dublin. Before I was about 40 minutes drive from work, but the traffic made it an hour at the minimum (had to drive through Dublin from southside to northside) and some days would take an hour and a half.

woohooo ... Munster Won! Man United Lost!

what a day! Just like eating a whole moist chocolate fudge cake with cream but without the guilty feeling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Laurbie

Hi everyone, I am new to this ( in my second week). I'm a bit worried about the free fruit part of the diet. I havent yet eaten 29 points in a day, however, I prob eat 2 pieces of fruit a day. Has it affected any of you before? also how much fruit is too much? I dont want to feel like Im doing great and then get a shock at the weigh in. :confused:
    Ps: its great to have so many positive people here that support one another

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement