Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    )

What time do ppl eat dinner? what works better for stopping snacking....early dinner or late dinner?

Half 6-7 I'm not an evening snacker at all... if i can get out of work with out been lured into the temptaion of a giant scone i'm fine the rest of the day!

I seen your blog through the skinny dolls blog you should keep up the good work on it if you have time. the blog on mwha.ie has been a bible for me and skinny dolls blog is a god send and your so good at the advice to.. isnt it great how much we can all help each other out!! lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Half 6-7 I'm not an evening snacker at all... if i can get out of work with out been lured into the temptaion of a giant scone i'm fine the rest of the day!

I seen your blog through the skinny dolls blog you should keep up the good work on it if you have time. the blog on mwha.ie has been a bible for me and skinny dolls blog is a god send and your so good at the advice to.. isnt it great how much we can all help each other out!! lol :)

awww thanks :P I just use mine to blow off stream without stepping on anyones toes :p Good days, bad days....brain storming, light bulb moments..when things just fall into place :) and hopefully in time to come...when i get to goal...it can be something to look back on....record of my journey..

okay.... non scales news! Think all the hormonal injections are finally out of my system! Got totm for like the first time in 3 years...its weird that I'm delighted! means my body is now clear! So maybe I can lose some weight for christmas!

Going to hold off on going on anything for while...dont want to stress out my body with any hormonal contraceptives for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

okay.... non scales news! Think all the hormonal injections are finally out of my system! Got totm for like the first time in 3 years...its weird that I'm delighted! means my body is now clear! So maybe I can lose some weight for christmas!

Going to hold off on going on anything for while...dont want to stress out my body with any hormonal contraceptives for a while!

Great news!! I'd say everything will start slowly slipping back into place. It's like your whole body will start afresh. Emmm believe me the shine of it all right now will wear off pretty quickly!!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭thinnyminnie

Hi :)

Ive been lurking about for a while now reading everyones posts. I got a lend of the new ww books from a friend of mine and plan to start it on saturday (just need to get some shopping in!). I cant figure out how many propoints im supposed to be on though?? There are classes starting in my job at the end of the month but wanted to start myself before then if at all possible. Have an 8 month old baby and im just back to work so dont have much time to go to a class at night. Can anyone help with how many im allowed? Im 5 foot 3 and 14 stone 10 :o. Also what way does it work on here? When I was here a while back I used to track everything on a food diary but thats closed?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭laura29

can anyone tell me how much the PP , calculator is at the meeting ? havnt a notion and want to see are they better value online
    Thanks

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Great news!! I'd say everything will start slowly slipping back into place. It's like your whole body will start afresh. Emmm believe me the shine of it all right now will wear off pretty quickly!!!! :rolleyes:

LOL I know what you mean! I'm just glad to be....getting back to normal :P Things really falling into place :) Now I really think I can start losing weight properly! Oh my god I would LOVE a stone by Christmas!

Love my course! Lots of fun field trips planned over the next year! Ploughing Championships, Pet Expo, Donkey Sanctuary, Crufts.

Getting my glasses tomorrow...they're actually really cute :P (never had glasses before)

Will start driving in October :) Waiting the the next calender month so we can tax it from 1st of October.

Hi :)

Ive been lurking about for a while now reading everyones posts. I got a lend of the new ww books from a friend of mine and plan to start it on saturday (just need to get some shopping in!). I cant figure out how many propoints im supposed to be on though?? There are classes starting in my job at the end of the month but wanted to start myself before then if at all possible. Have an 8 month old baby and im just back to work so dont have much time to go to a class at night. Can anyone help with how many im allowed? Im 5 foot 3 and 14 stone 10 :o. Also what way does it work on here? When I was here a while back I used to track everything on a food diary but thats closed?

Thanks

No more food diarys allowed, and more emphasis on healthy foods and meals...We shouldn't really talk about or looking for recipes for cakes and biscuits. Which is fair enough :) We all want to lose weight and be HEALTHY! :D Recipes are here on the thread...just a matter of going through the thread, they want us to keep all ww content to this single thread.

We need your age to work out your pro point allowance!

No matter what daily points your on, the weeklies are the same for everyone 49 weeklies, they are OPTIONAL, but should be used if needed, again try to use them on healthy foods. larger portions of healthy food rather than using them as an excuse to have a few beers just cos " you have them".

Alcohol at the moment is quite hard to point, because the nutritional value isnt available on bottles to do so. I'm not a wine or beer drinker but a standard pub measure of a spirit is 3pp, Diet mixers are 0pp

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭thinnyminnie

Thanks for that Lainey. Makes sense really with the cakes and stuff!

Im 29 (almost 30) if that counts!!

Thanks for that Lainey. Makes sense really with the cakes and stuff!

Im 29 (almost 30) if that counts!!

your on 31 Daily Points and 49 Weekly,

The minimum points on this system is 29pp. you should try to eat all your daily pro points, you cant save them and use them another day :)

• Advertisement

Yum yum yum dinner in my tum tum tum...

that Aldi Lightly Dusted Yellowfin Sole was unreal so filling! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Hey guys, this is a bit of a weird question but has anyone any idea what points are in berocca?? I took one of the effervescent tabs this morning and wondering how to point it now? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

First week of college down! I think i did okay! :D WI will be the deciding verdict!

brown bread, wafer ham, extra light mayo and salad sandwiches all the way!

Tonights dinner!

Steamed baby potatos, 350g 7pp (i'm greedy and like me big dinners)
    with 150g Lean mince and onion dry fried in pan, with 1 tablespoon of gravy and dash of water to make a kinda sauce...
    total = 15/16pp :) for a decent big plate of hearty food! :)

What time do ppl eat dinner? what works better for stopping snacking....early dinner or late dinner?

I tend to work quite long days so don't get home til 7 at the earliest, only on the way home now (left at 7am) so dinner won't be until 9, thinking quick and easy scrambed eggs on toast! Would like it earliar,remember reading somewhere that you shoukdnt est after 7, but im an evening snacker anyways so it wouldnt work! Trying to work in a bigger lunch so I dont start eating rubbish in work, any ideas?

Have been quite good so far, 29pp every day but need 1full good week to ensure I get a bit of momentum then I know I'll stick to it!

How do yous generally spread your points over the day? I split my points roughly 5 for breakie, 10 for lunch, 10dinner, 4 for snack or bigger lunch/dinner depending how my days goin!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Niamh94 wrote: »
    Hey guys, this is a bit of a weird question but has anyone any idea what points are in berocca?? I took one of the effervescent tabs this morning and wondering how to point it now? Thanks :)

There sugar free so I'd say 0pp but stand to be corrected

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

How do yous generally spread your points over the day? I split my points roughly 5 for breakie, 10 for lunch, 10dinner, 4 for snack or bigger lunch/dinner depending how my days goin!

I have 32PP per day and I would have roughly 5 for breakfast, 1 for morning break (ww yoghurt and fruit), 8 for lunch, 14 for dinner and 4 for snacks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Mackeral? Any ideas? Hubbie just came home with some he caught!

Mackeral? Any ideas? Hubbie just came home with some he caught!

how are u cooking it? it is an oily fish, but they are healthy oils

150g Raw Macheral 9pp

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

Hi guys!!
    Had my WI today,thought i had a bad week but was down 2.5 thank god!! Always seems to be the weeks that I think I've done bad that work out best for me. Only another 11.5 to the stone gone by xmas. Besta luck this week everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

WI down 4lbs Happy to be back on track

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Shinnie0503

Well I was right, up 1.5!!! Not letting it get to me, leader says it takes a few weeks to come to grips with pointing, did anyone else find that?? I have been eating my porridge and fibre but was very sluggish this week, could that have caused the gain?? Anyway not giving up, new day new start!

• Advertisement

Well I was right, up 1.5!!! Not letting it get to me, leader says it takes a few weeks to come to grips with pointing, did anyone else find that?? I have been eating my porridge and fibre but was very sluggish this week, could that have caused the gain?? Anyway not giving up, new day new start!

I was up 0.5lb this week and its coming off next week lol we have to all stay positive to get to goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Shinnie, quite a few of us struggled with being "regular" in our first few weeks at WW, reason being we're probably taking in a lot more fibre now. Are you drinking water and drinking enough of it? Fibre needs water to move through our systems.
    Try it and it should work!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

......down 2lbs today,delighted,hadn't pointed every day but tried to be fairly good! A stone by xmas would be great,will try;)
    Well done to all,welcome newbies and oldies xx

Caros wrote: »
    Shinnie, quite a few of us struggled with being "regular" in our first few weeks at WW, reason being we're probably taking in a lot more fibre now. Are you drinking water and drinking enough of it? Fibre needs water to move through our systems.
    Try it and it should work!

Thanks Caros. No I didnt get much water into me last week but determined this week! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Down 2lbs at WI last night - delighted :D Back into the 10st bracket again but just by the skin of my teeth! On one hand, I'm delighted, on the other, it's a bit crap because I've another 10.5lbs to get to where I was in May :( But at least I've started so onwards and downwards :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

First week of college down! I think i did okay! :D WI will be the deciding verdict!

brown bread, wafer ham, extra light mayo and salad sandwiches all the way!

Tonights dinner!

Steamed baby potatos, 350g 7pp (i'm greedy and like me big dinners)
    with 150g Lean mince and onion dry fried in pan, with 1 tablespoon of gravy and dash of water to make a kinda sauce...
    total = 15/16pp :) for a decent big plate of hearty food! :)

Late works for me, I have mine around 7pm and very rarely and I mean rarely do I eat after that!

Well done to every one on Weight loss this week :D

I nearly missed my WW class yesterday, I was in town and my Daughter turned a lovely shade of pale and OH OH I feel sick we just made it out side a chemist before she got sick! Then had to bring her off and but a new change of clothes for her! such a bad mammy was not going home on till I gone to WW:eek::D luckily she felt much better and happily sat in her buggy with her brother!

I was 1.5 down as well :D happy with that 12.5 left out of that stone for Christmas!

Yummy Wintery Veg and Potato soup for lunch and i even asked the woman in the deli what she made it with so im hopeful when she said butter that it missed my cup!! :)

Potato carrot Swede Broccoli and a small bit of butter :) had about 200ml going to give it 5 to be safe was so yummy.. im over pointing hopefully but at least this way i had a filling lunch and i wont over eat at dinner thinking it was a zero point soup i better make up the points lol

hmmm nom nom just had nicest big dinner, Green Curry + Rice22pp but totally worth it and well
    within my dailies, two chicken breasts i know seems like alot, but the extra protein does fill me up :D

2 Chicken Breasts 9pp
    100ml Low fat coconut milk 3pp
    1 teaspoon Green Curry Paste 1pp
    1 tablespoon Thai Fish Sauce 0pp
    100g Brown Rice (Dried) 9pp
    2 Medium white onions 0pp

Combine coconut milk, fish sauce, curry paste and set aside to mix flavours. Boil the rice,

Saute diced onions, add diced chicken breast, smaller the better. cook the chicken, once cooked through, add coconut mixture :) and simmer on low heat. (sometimes the mixture can turn kinda brown...but still tastes GREAT)

Serve Enjoy Smile! :D

Tefel Pan....not a single drop of oil :D

Woke up late today....kinda noonish so had an early lunch. of 14pp, Dinner 22pp, Still have 9pp left if I need something later, but don't think I will need them...and if i do...it'll be something like a smoothie or a hot drink...:)

Definitely finding having a routine like college makes eating MUCH easier.
    And as of next week, every Friday I will be working my ass off at a stables...so that will hopefully give me good results on Saturday morning WI's :D

OMG, Just cooked the Breakfast Muffins on Skinny Doll's blog and they are just fab. Only 4pp each. Had one straight from the oven with creme fraiche, gorgeous!!

• Advertisement

Cooking dinners and soup tomorrow anyone any yummy tips?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement