Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    thats how i gage my progress or lack there of! When i have to go back to my "next size up jeans" I think last week when I was sorting out clothes for college and found alot of my jeans tight and bulgie...thats made me put my foot down big time now!

even in the last 2 or 3 days if being good...they are already slightly more comfortable...less bloating!

Thats why i started ww.. i woke up one day and my clothes didn't fit but i now know i didn't grow over night!! it was over a period of time and when i look at what i used to eat aghhhh!! the tops just seemed to get baggier and stopped buying jeans but now i have them tided im no longer in denial

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Having an amazing day motivation wise :D was in town (Cork) with my mom today and, in penneys, I actually managed to come out of the fitting rooms with a whole outfit that fit comfortably and looked good! (never happens) on top of that, my mom act told me the new jeans made me look really slim, coming from her that means alot!

To top it all off, I was feeling all mastercheffy so I made my parents and myself a delish (if I do say so myself) chicken and veg stir fry, I'll post the recipe if anyone wants it, soo filling for only 9 pp for a whole plate (which even my dad couldn't finish :O)

Sitting in front of the fire watching the real masterchef now, really chuffed with myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

thats how i gage my progress or lack there of! When i have to go back to my "next size up jeans" I think last week when I was sorting out clothes for college and found alot of my jeans tight and bulgie...thats made me put my foot down big time now!

even in the last 2 or 3 days if being good...they are already slightly more comfortable...less bloating!

I was a size 18 for the most part of my late teens until I was 21 and then after that I didn't realise I was getting bigger and bigger, I just kept buying the next size up, complaining that all shops are making their sizes small, it was just me that was getting fatter. When I had to buy a size 24 jeans, I think that was a lightbulb moment. Luckily back down to a size 18. Oh and I also noticed, when I got back from honeymoon (gained 6lb), my jeans definitely started feeling tighter. Not feeling normal yet but once I lose the rest of that gain (lost 3.5lb of it so far), should be back to normal :) Onwards and downwards :)

Having a terrible weekend foodwise. Me and the OH stayed in my grans last night and she made (full fat) spaghetti bolognase and (normal) garlic bread. Then apple strudel and icecream for dessert along with 2 and a half glasses of wine!!! And I had already used nearly all my weeklies on drinks and crisps on friday night :( Then this morning, it was toast and full fat jam and butter for breakfast and then we went to my mum's and had homemade scones AND cheese on toast!!!! :( AND (yes it gets worse), I was so hungry by the time we got home this evening and there was no food in the house, so we got McDonalds :(:( Praying for a STS this week!!!!

Monife wrote: »
    I was a size 18 for the most part of my late teens until I was 21 and then after that I didn't realise I was getting bigger and bigger, I just kept buying the next size up, complaining that all shops are making their sizes small, it was just me that was getting fatter. When I had to buy a size 24 jeans, I think that was a lightbulb moment. Luckily back down to a size 18. Oh and I also noticed, when I got back from honeymoon (gained 6lb), my jeans definitely started feeling tighter. Not feeling normal yet but once I lose the rest of that gain (lost 3.5lb of it so far), should be back to normal :) Onwards and downwards :)

Having a terrible weekend foodwise. Me and the OH stayed in my grans last night and she made (full fat) spaghetti bolognase and (normal) garlic bread. Then apple strudel and icecream for dessert along with 2 and a half glasses of wine!!! And I had already used nearly all my weeklies on drinks and crisps on friday night :( Then this morning, it was toast and full fat jam and butter for breakfast and then we went to my mum's and had homemade scones AND cheese on toast!!!! :( AND (yes it gets worse), I was so hungry by the time we got home this evening and there was no food in the house, so we got McDonalds :(:( Praying for a STS this week!!!!

I totally agree I remember when I was in America two years ago for the summer I bought clothes and cut the tags off them so i wouldn't have to notice i was gone up in size.. and just kept buying the clothes bigger instead of dealing with the problem, i'm in such a good place now its the perfect time for this weight loss journey i'v begun. last Monday i drank and ate bout 90 points and only gained 0.5lb so hopefully with a few activity points you can stay the same! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

All organised for tomorrow!

readybrek weighed out in a bowl for the morning. Chicken pasta made & in lunchbox for the morning :) Just hope I remember to take it with me! haha!

Kinda over dosed on chicken last few days....trying to figure out what to have for dinner tomorrow night...

• Advertisement

Monife wrote: »

Home made scones are just evil....i ended up having THREE yesterday....straight out of the oven....evil evil...its the only time i like scones! i have them 13pp each incl flora light! I went over my dailies yday by a wopping 18pp! BUT.....at least i tracked every single bite! That is a step in the right direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

You seem to still have the motivation there and are asking all the right questions of your self.. we can all do it with the help and support of others!! I hope we are both down this week after going up last week!! Being down is the greatest motivation of all!!

Thanks Lisa..fingers crossed we are all down this week. Though Ill be lucky with what I have eaten (I wont even go there!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 macker4

hey ladies,

I have recently joined a gym, I walk alot but i think i need to do more cardio and pilates etc. I was just wondering what will i do about my dinner??? i am planning on going to the gym three times a week, will i have my dinner after? i work till six so i wont be able to have it beforehand!! what do you think? great weight losses on the forum!! i was down 2 and half this week!!
    thanks again for your advice!!!

macker4 wrote: »
    hey ladies,

I have recently joined a gym, I walk alot but i think i need to do more cardio and pilates etc. I was just wondering what will i do about my dinner??? i am planning on going to the gym three times a week, will i have my dinner after? i work till six so i wont be able to have it beforehand!! what do you think? great weight losses on the forum!! i was down 2 and half this week!!
    thanks again for your advice!!!

I work 9-6,, gym 6.15 till 7.15 and home for dinner working ok for me.. i make sure i have a good lunch though cos if im hungry il do nothing at the gym only think bout dinner and not focus on my goal!

macker4 wrote: »
    hey ladies,

thanks again for your advice!!![/QUOT

I would have a decent lunch, bring even a banana to have a while before going into the gym and have your dinner afterwards..

• Advertisement

Am seriously thinking of not going to my wi this coming week, I reckon I'll be up anyway, and kinda afraid I'll end up just not being bothered, where as if I dont go,and try pull back and start afresh for next week?

Ah I just don't know... head melted ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Thanks. I ordered the Davina power of 3 and 30 minute workout boxset. Gonna give that one a try. One of my friends did it during the summer and lost a stone just doing that. She wasn't on a diet or anything. I'm hoping it will get me going for that stone loss by Christmas! I hate walking in the rain so I plan on doing the workout for the winter!!

I have this box set too. It's good because you can either do a full hour on it or if you don't have a lot of time you can pick one of the sections and just do 20 mins :D

Had a good weekend foodwise. Did a load of cooking on Saturday so have lovely carrot and coriander soup for lunch this week :D And also made an Italian Beef Stew and a Shepard's pie. Having Tuscan Bean Soup for dinner tonight :D Was a bit bold yesterday. Went out on Saturday night, didn't drink, but did eat two spring rolls on the way home :o And didn't go to my step class on Friday night but I was just so tired I actually couldn't move. Hopefully it won't have done too much damage :)

m'lady wrote: »
    Am seriously thinking of not going to my wi this coming week, I reckon I'll be up anyway, and kinda afraid I'll end up just not being bothered, where as if I dont go,and try pull back and start afresh for next week?

If you think you can be strict with yourself, then you could skip it. But that could be a bit risky. I know it doesn't work for me. There was a week I was bold and I skipped WI, saying to myself I would be extra good. That went completely out the window and I kept telling myself "ah sure, WI is not til next week, I can have X." I had gained 2.5lb when I went back to WI. So I would recommend going to your WI and then starting afresh, but if you really think it would demotivate you too much and you can be really strict with yourself, it might give you a boost.

Can anyone please recommend a low PP (1 or 2PP) yoghurt that has NO BITS? I hate bits in yoghurts, like really hate them, I just spend ages picking them out. I am getting really sick of the WW yoghurts and I am also sick of paying €2.25 for 4 yoghurts and they are NEVER on special offer :( So if anyone can please recommend a smooth low PP yoghurt, even if it is the same price, i'll take it for a change. :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Countdown1982

Danone Activia Fat Free Range is quite nice
    Especailly the Vanilla one they are 2 pp per 125g tub.

There are also other flavour in the range, put i am not sure if they have bits of fruit of not.

I also really like Onken Fat Free Vanilla yogurt it is yummy, thick and creamy but only available in the big pots (450g)

Hope this helps

I say go to the meeting! We pay for it weather we go or not!! and if you know what you did wrong this week you can weigh in draw a line under it and start again after wi for a new week! :)

mccambridge brown bread is 2pp per slice but is it 5pp for 2?

I feel robbed of a point :(

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

I say go to the meeting! We pay for it weather we go or not!! and if you know what you did wrong this week you can weigh in draw a line under it and start again after wi for a new week! :)

I agree. If you've put on you've put on whether you know it or not. But if you do know then you've more control over dealing with it. And you might be pleasantly surprised...

mccambridge brown bread is 2pp per slice but is it 5pp for 2?

I feel robbed of a point :(

Yeah that is right, 2PP per slice but 2 slices is 5PP, 3 slices is 7PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭laura29

First weigh in tomorrow morning , ive been soooo good all week and ruined it yesterday with celebration drinking ! and fast food , so worried now that ive messed up my whole weeks hard work:( 6 beers a bottle of wine and abrakebabra chips and wrap ! terrified ill lose nothing and be de motivated , any suggestions on what i could do to redeem myself in the next 24 hours ??

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ghartley

does anyone know if the american pointsplus are the same as Propoints?. I found a weight watchers book but it has the pointsplus values, I am just curious is it the same

• Advertisement

ghartley wrote: »
    does anyone know if the american pointsplus are the same as Propoints?. I found a weight watchers book but it has the pointsplus values, I am just curious is it the same

its the same idea....except they use ounces instead of grams....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

laura29 wrote: »
    First weigh in tomorrow morning , ive been soooo good all week and ruined it yesterday with celebration drinking ! and fast food , so worried now that ive messed up my whole weeks hard work:( 6 beers a bottle of wine and abrakebabra chips and wrap ! terrified ill lose nothing and be de motivated , any suggestions on what i could do to redeem myself in the next 24 hours ??

Not much, just keep tracking and put it down to experience! And get plenty of water into you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jeans_vs_food

heres my version of a 'pizza'!

1 aldi mediterranean wrap - 4pp
    1 tbsp tomatoe puree - 0pp
    1 slice of low low cheddar cheese (i chop up into squares) - 1pp
    2 slices (precut, thinly cut) chorizo (aldi) - 1pp
    chopped sweet peppers - 0pp

pop under grill - 6pp

serve with side salad & 1tbsp low fat coleslaw - 1pp

total - 7pp!

did my first 10K this weekend, so proud of myself! current weight loss 21.5lbs! those jeans are nearing......!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Hey all,

Was wondering has anyone taken a week off exercise?? I'm wondering if it's going to affect my WI. I was up a half pound last week for no reason and I just felt ah feck it why am I bothering. My body was tired from doing so much every week and I was feeling under the weather so I thought I would take a rest and take it handy this week. I've been v good food wise though, 29 a day and only 14 weeklies. Just wondering peeps thoughts as to whether its a good/bad idea. I know I'll pick it back up just feeling a little bold for being lazy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jeans_vs_food

@Monife - what about the Tesco light choices low fat chocolate mousse , 6pack, 99c , 1pp/pot

Hey just wondering how many points are in a SPAR TIMMY HOUTONS LARGE CAPPUCCINO, like from the coffee machine, full fat milk.

3pp?

Might call it 4 to be on safe side!

Ah only 6pm....far too early for my dinner but i'm about to tear the leg off the chair or attack the biscuit tin if i dont having something!
    Early dinner it is! will still have 5 or 6pp left later....I'll have some readybrek or something later :)

Feeling back in control now already since going back to college! I have my weight goal and my own personal ambition goal to work towards! they kind of go hand in hand :)

Got a lovely new coat today :) nice and toasty warm for walking the doggies....and looking at cows at ploughing championships tomorrow! LMAO christ god knows what i'll end up eating...dont really have refrigeration tomorrow. leaving the house at 7am tomorrow wont be home till god knows what time :P It is going to be a social thing....class getting to know each other....so prob well eat out...a burger without the bun :P im sure there will a famers market kinda thing there with sandwhiches or something...maybe a nice soup...which will prob have cream and butter ect!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Hey just wondering how many points are in a SPAR TIMMY HOUTONS LARGE CAPPUCCINO, like from the coffee machine, full fat milk.

3pp?

Might call it 4 to be on safe side!

Yep I'd go 4, always go up one to cover...It's so hard when your not sure what's in things!!

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Yep I'd go 4, always go up one to cover...It's so hard when your not sure what's in things!!

im getting better...see couple of weeks ago. i wud have just said. ffs its only a coffee! its not going to kill me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

Hi guys

I was just wondering if anyone here is going to college? Im back now, and it's so hard to make my points stretch out during the day!

Im into my second week of college, and I've just been so hungry all day, I hate this.

And also, what do ye do about nights out? We all know college involves nights out, i.e. alcohol, and I haven't been going out at all. I feel so unsociable!

I'm so frustrated, cos I was doing so well before I started college. Was having no problems whatsoever. I started WW in july, and so far have lost 18.5lb's. I don't want to give up, but I'm finding it so hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

Hi guys

I was just wondering if anyone here is going to college? Im back now, and it's so hard to make my points stretch out during the day!

Im into my second week of college, and I've just been so hungry all day, I hate this.

And also, what do ye do about nights out? We all know college involves nights out, i.e. alcohol, and I haven't been going out at all. I feel so unsociable!

I'm so frustrated, cos I was doing so well before I started college. Was having no problems whatsoever. I started WW in july, and so far have lost 18.5lb's. I don't want to give up, but I'm finding it so hard.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement