Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

Cooking dinners and soup tomorrow anyone any yummy tips?
    Made a delicious soup this week. Whole butternut squash, 2 onions, 2 celery sticks (great alternative to potatoes as a soup base), 2 cloves of garlic and 2 veg stock cubes made as per instructions. Just boil it all up and blitz. The squash can be substituted with pumpkin if you want. I find the squash slightly too sweet for me, so I add a good bit of pepper. Also, some chilli flakes work well to spice it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Starla_o0 wrote: »
    Made a delicious soup this week. Whole butternut squash, 2 onions, 2 celery sticks (great alternative to potatoes as a soup base), 2 cloves of garlic and 2 veg stock cubes made as per instructions. Just boil it all up and blitz. The squash can be substituted with pumpkin if you want. I find the squash slightly too sweet for me, so I add a good bit of pepper. Also, some chilli flakes work well to spice it up.

have two bns baught i'm making the spicy tomateo soup from the book again! might try this one to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Lunchbox Chicken Curry Pasta

ProPoints® Value: 5
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 20 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

This oh-so-tasty cold chicken pasta will really hit the spot at lunch time

Ingredients
    200 g Yogurt, Virtually Fat Free, Plain
    1 tablespoons Curry Powder, medium
    300 g Pasta, White, Cooked, such as spirals or bows
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    250 g Chicken, Breast, Skinless, Raw, chopped
    1 medium Peppers, All Types, deseeded and chopped
    1 portion(s) (medium) Cucumber, finely chopped
    4 medium Spring Onions, finely sliced
    1 pinch Salt
    1/8 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground), freshly ground

Instructions
    Put the yogurt into a bowl and stir in the curry powder.

Cook the chicken breast in a frying pan with the low fat cooking spray.

Add the pasta, chicken, pepper, cucumber and spring onions to the bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Pack a portion in your lunch box; though remember to keep it in a cool place, such as in the fridge or in an insulated lunchbox with an ice pack.

Notes
    Add a little chopped fresh coriander or parsley to the pasta mix, if you like. Remember, this recipe is perfect for picnics and buffets too. Wait for the chicken to cool, before placing in the fridge.

If this is nice...it'll be great for college lunches! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

4 red peppers, deseeded and cut in half.
    Either a sprinkle Olive oil or Low cal spray oil
    1 large onion, diced.
    2 to 3 Garlic cloves, crushed.
    1 chilli, chopped. I use whatever colour I have be it red or green.
    300mls Passata.
    600 mls vegetable stock.
    2 tablespoons chopped basil.
    Few basil sprigs for garnishing.

Preheat oven to 180C Fan.
    Rub the skin of the peppers with a dash of olive oil and place skin side up on a baking tray.
    Place in the oven for about 15 mins till the skin is charred.
    Remove and place in a bowl, cover with cling film and leave for about 10 mins.
    The skins can now easily be peeled from the peppers. Chop into smaller pieces.

Fry off the onion, garli and chilli in a little oil till softened but not coloured. Add the peppers, the passata, vegetable stock and bring to the boil stirring well.

Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 to 15 mins, adding the basil for the last couple of mins.

Puree in a food processor or with a stick blender till smooth.

Garnish with basil sprigs.

Absolutely delish!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Does anyone use Davina McCall dvds? Trying to decide which one to get! Any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Lunchbox Chicken Curry Pasta

ProPoints® Value: 5
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 20 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

This oh-so-tasty cold chicken pasta will really hit the spot at lunch time

Ingredients
    200 g Yogurt, Virtually Fat Free, Plain
    1 tablespoons Curry Powder, medium
    300 g Pasta, White, Cooked, such as spirals or bows
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    250 g Chicken, Breast, Skinless, Raw, chopped
    1 medium Peppers, All Types, deseeded and chopped
    1 portion(s) (medium) Cucumber, finely chopped
    4 medium Spring Onions, finely sliced
    1 pinch Salt
    1/8 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground), freshly ground

Instructions
    Put the yogurt into a bowl and stir in the curry powder.

Cook the chicken breast in a frying pan with the low fat cooking spray.

Add the pasta, chicken, pepper, cucumber and spring onions to the bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Pack a portion in your lunch box; though remember to keep it in a cool place, such as in the fridge or in an insulated lunchbox with an ice pack.

Notes
    Add a little chopped fresh coriander or parsley to the pasta mix, if you like. Remember, this recipe is perfect for picnics and buffets too. Wait for the chicken to cool, before placing in the fridge.

If this is nice...it'll be great for college lunches! :D

Thanks Lainy sounds lovely will be trying this during the week!

Baby75 wrote: »
    Thanks Lainy sounds lovely will be trying this during the week!

I'm just about to go make it this second :) hope its nice :)

I'm making it for one....so will tweak the quantities slightly :)

UPDATE:

Oh wow its delish!

I used 40g Brown pasta (dried weight) 4pp
    1 Large Chicken Breast 4pp
    60g Linessa Low fat natural Yoghurt 1pp
    1 teaspoon Mild Curry powder
    Salt & Pepper
    1 Red onion (didnt have spring onions)
    1 medium red pepper,
    Cucumber,

Really filling! Full of flavour and what i made filled my lunchbox for 9pp! Delighted! Its protein, Carbs, Veg! :D:D:D very balanced healthy lunch

If i made it all the night before do you think it would be okay next day?

I've also gone onto ebay to buy the pro points starter pack :) like the one you get at meetings! :) really putting my head down...getting my focus back! I am doing this! Back in january i was so focused...and i was doing GREAT for ages....but then kablamo the summer hit...and one thing and another...and the comfort bordom eating started again :(:(

I'm just about to go make it this second :) hope its nice :)

I'm making it for one....so will tweak the quantities slightly :)

UPDATE:

Oh wow its delish!

I used 40g Brown pasta (dried weight) 4pp
    1 Large Chicken Breast 4pp
    60g Linessa Low fat natural Yoghurt 1pp
    1 teaspoon Mild Curry powder
    Salt & Pepper
    1 Red onion (didnt have spring onions)
    1 medium red pepper,
    Cucumber,

Really filling! Full of flavour and what i made filled my lunchbox for 9pp! Delighted! Its protein, Carbs, Veg! :D:D:D very balanced healthy lunch

If i made it all the night before do you think it would be okay next day?

I've also gone onto ebay to buy the pro points starter pack :) like the one you get at meetings! :) really putting my head down...getting my focus back! I am doing this! Back in january i was so focused...and i was doing GREAT for ages....but then kablamo the summer hit...and one thing and another...and the comfort bordom eating started again :(:(

I say it will be, I would leave it in the fridge over night and eat it the next day!
    Is that the folder and books you get in your first meeting!:) yourstill here though and doing it on your own so your doing great, I have not got the will power to do it on my own!:)

Baby75 wrote: »
    I say it will be, I would leave it in the fridge over night and eat it the next day!
    Is that the folder and books you get in your first meeting!:) yourstill here though and doing it on your own so your doing great, I have not got the will power to do it on my own!:)

Well i think that has been my problem....i got too slack on my self...no one to weight and shame me! kinda "ah sure who cares if i'm up...no one will know" I did lose the will power! It is hard to keep going when your not holding your self accountable to anyone!

Going to arm my self with as many tools and tips and advice as i can...here, starter pack, ww online, calculator, ww app on phone, my blog...going to start using that more...even if its never seen...its my blurb...ranting space....confession box....

Well i think that has been my problem....i got too slack on my self...no one to weight and shame me! kinda "ah sure who cares if i'm up...no one will know" I did lose the will power! It is hard to keep going when your not holding your self accountable to anyone!

Going to arm my self with as many tools and tips and advice as i can...here, starter pack, ww online, calculator, ww app on phone, my blog...going to start using that more...even if its never seen...its my blurb...ranting space....confession box....

I know exactly what you mean, that's why I put the ticker in my Sig now Ive got it there to remind me and what I am aiming for!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jeans_vs_food

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Does anyone use Davina McCall dvds? Trying to decide which one to get! Any recommendations?

jillian michaels 30 day shred is by far the best workout dvd ive used. its about 25mins / day but you feel it!!!!

Any one have a Bistro Bianconi nearby? I was in Sligo today and had two slices of roma pizza, 3 chicken wings and a tiny few chips.. bye bye weekleys!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

How do I get a ticker????

LinK3 wrote: »
    How do I get a ticker????

weight.png

just click on here and you can make your own!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

jillian michaels 30 day shred is by far the best workout dvd ive used. its about 25mins / day but you feel it!!!!

Thanks. I ordered the Davina power of 3 and 30 minute workout boxset. Gonna give that one a try. One of my friends did it during the summer and lost a stone just doing that. She wasn't on a diet or anything. I'm hoping it will get me going for that stone loss by Christmas! I hate walking in the rain so I plan on doing the workout for the winter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

just back from Lourdes, had five days of eating bread and ice cream,have my weigh in tomorrow and I'm really not looking forward to it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Have been truly terrible since middle of the week, not tracking etc. Seriously need to get back on track, otherwise I'll gain what I've already lost. Am lacking in motivation big time, need to have serious chat with myself!
    Can't say I've over eaten,but just not eating proper stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Hi girls, I need a bit of motivation too. For the last few weeks I've just been half-arsing it and winging my weigh-ins, didn't really care whether I was up or down. Need a serious kick up the bum, had my first gain last week - half a pound , but still it's a gain. I've lost 27lbs so far and I really, really want to be down to 13 and a half stone by christmas. I think I'm just getting so sick of the same food, would it be worth getting one of the cookbooks? Or would I just be better off having a look around some websites and writing a few recipes down? It's not that I'm eating massive quantities of rubbish - I'm not, but I seem to be using all my points by evening time. Help!

Hi girls, I need a bit of motivation too. For the last few weeks I've just been half-arsing it and winging my weigh-ins, didn't really care whether I was up or down. Need a serious kick up the bum, had my first gain last week - half a pound , but still it's a gain. I've lost 27lbs so far and I really, really want to be down to 13 and a half stone by christmas. I think I'm just getting so sick of the same food, would it be worth getting one of the cookbooks? Or would I just be better off having a look around some websites and writing a few recipes down? It's not that I'm eating massive quantities of rubbish - I'm not, but I seem to be using all my points by evening time. Help!

I'll give you a kick up the arse if you give me one! hmmmm sounds like we all got a bit of the summer blues!

:D hopefully we can get each other back on track soon :D:D:D

Yeah think it must be the weather girls, its so miserable and we are nearing the time to wrap up in our winter woolies.. but we need to re- focus, I know I do anyway.

I'm gonna ask myself why did I join WW in first place? And list a couple of changes I can make this week.
    I think I'm lacking in motivation because I put up last week after being quite good. I've to force myself to realise that our bodies are not like a robot. Anyway sorry for my essay.

• Advertisement

dont get me started on wrapping up! I've forked out a small fortune in the last week on decent winter jackets!
    But with a bit of snooping on Ebay I did get 2 lovely jackets for 60 euro (incl shipping)
    1 Dressy
    1 for college for bad weather

need one more....for working outdoors in the stables and farms

dont get me started on wrapping up! I've forked out a small fortune in the last week on decent winter jackets!
    But with a bit of snooping on Ebay I did get 2 lovely jackets for 60 euro (incl shipping)
    1 Dressy
    1 for college for bad weather

need one more....for working outdoors in the stables and farms

They have the cutest winter hats/gloves.scarves in pennys now worth stocking up!!

Hows every one getting on today?

Iv spent the last hour roasting every veg in the house to make soup yum yum yum!

They have the cutest winter hats/gloves.scarves in pennys now worth stocking up!!

Hows every one getting on today?

Iv spent the last hour roasting every veg in the house to make soup yum yum yum!

Get the ski socks in pennys! They are SO warm but not too thick....they are perfect inside runners and boots without bing massive thick hicking socks.

Attached! Picture of Lunchbox Chicken Pasta Curry

Get the ski socks in pennys! They are SO warm but not too thick....they are perfect inside runners and boots without bing massive thick hicking socks.

Attached! Picture of Lunchbox Chicken Pasta Curry

That looks gorgeous lainy.. what dressing did you use? I'll definitely be making that!

m'lady wrote: »
    Yeah think it must be the weather girls, its so miserable and we are nearing the time to wrap up in our winter woolies.. but we need to re- focus, I know I do anyway.

I'm gonna ask myself why did I join WW in first place? And list a couple of changes I can make this week.
    I think I'm lacking in motivation because I put up last week after being quite good. I've to force myself to realise that our bodies are not like a robot. Anyway sorry for my essay.

You seem to still have the motivation there and are asking all the right questions of your self.. we can all do it with the help and support of others!! I hope we are both down this week after going up last week!! Being down is the greatest motivation of all!!

m'lady wrote: »
    That looks gorgeous lainy.. what dressing did you use? I'll definitely be making that!

Recipe is a few posts back :) and on my Blog (see my signature)

Its 60g Linessa low fat yoghurt and 1 tea spoon of mild curry powder,
    seasoned with salt and pepper

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

You could get a cookbook or even just google weightwatchers propoints recipes and there are a few sites with a few nice recipes. Also the philadelphia website has some nice recipes on it, I am going to try some this week.

Monife wrote: »
    You could get a cookbook or even just google weightwatchers propoints recipes and there are a few sites with a few nice recipes. Also the philadelphia website has some nice recipes on it, I am going to try some this week.

and google low fat recipes in general...and just point your self the ones you like the look of.

since the ww magazine got its revamp its SO MUCH BETTER! And Rosemary Connelly Magazine is great for low fat fun recipes. I got the Quiche recipe from RC mag!

I'm just here cleaning up my wardrobe.. and i came to the conclusion that the weight i'm trying to lose i didnt even relise i had put on most of it.. there are jeans in here i wore every day six months ago and now dont even go on.. it creeps up so fast but i'm in the right place for getting rid of it i know that..

Stone by Christmas so I can get a new wardrobe wahoo :)

• Advertisement

I'm just here cleaning up my wardrobe.. and i came to the conclusion that the weight i'm trying to lose i didnt even relise i had put on most of it.. there are jeans in here i wore every day six months ago and now dont even go on.. it creeps up so fast but i'm in the right place for getting rid of it i know that..

Stone by Christmas so I can get a new wardrobe wahoo :)

thats how i gage my progress or lack there of! When i have to go back to my "next size up jeans" I think last week when I was sorting out clothes for college and found alot of my jeans tight and bulgie...thats made me put my foot down big time now!

even in the last 2 or 3 days if being good...they are already slightly more comfortable...less bloating!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement