Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Right folks....wish me luck off to do my theory.....I know its not ww related...but feck it it....truth is....I know the folks here better than I know the few friends that haven't moved away LOL :P

Mum wants to take me for a pizza & beer if i pass :p its a voucher meal deal....hopefully I can swop the beer for rum & diet coke....and i know its extra thin cripsy base SMALL pizza :) so at the most it'll be 1/2 a pizza...

Then on sunday night we're going to an indian, we have a gift certificate for there too....there will be mountains of food...god I havent been to an indian...in YEARS....:( terrified of them.....but its for my brothers graduation.

Smoothie and coffee for breakfast today.....smoothie consisted of tinned pears...which is about 2 pears, 2 bananas, 10 strawberries, 200ml skimmed milk, 2pp! and skinny mocha 2pp I'm Stuffed!

Tefel Woks or "stir fry pans" as they call them €19 in Argos! SOLD!

I've barely used any oil in the last week...and when i do. its 1 tea spoon at the very most of the rapeseed oil!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Ooo bananas in a curry I never thought of that! Might so that for Sat night! Thanks a million. Is it nice or peculiar, probably a bit like sweet and sour which reminds me of dinner last night...

Was well yum, so tasty with few ingredients and quick as well and a nice change from chicken!

Pork Loin Chops in Honey, Soy and Garlic, for 2, 18pp (9pp each)

4 Loin Pork Chops (on special in Dunnes for 3.99!)
    Trim off excess fat, I don't like it anyhoo's

2tbs honey
    3tbs soy sauce
    4-6 cloves of garlic

Mix wet ingredients together and marinade chops if you have time. I just did them the night before and left in fridge for next night.

Bake in oven for 15-20 mins turning once and basting with sauce.

I only had one of the chops with 250 of roasted baby potatoes with veg (roasted cauliflower with cumin and chilli falkes, and turnip, carrot mash). Very nice dinner for a change all for 10pp

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kavanajd

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    one of the chops with 250 of roasted baby potatoes with veg (roasted cauliflower with cumin and chilli falkes, and turnip, carrot mash). Very nice dinner for a change all for 10pp

Mmmmm sounds yum...did you just roast all the veg and potatoes together?
    The banana in it is the best part! I was v sceptical at first... but when i tasted it I was in heaven!!! Its not quirky at all....works soooooo well together. chuck in some chicken breasts too if you'd like meat. I have had it both ways, but not a meat lover so I prefer it without the chicken, my BF though loves the chicken in it, v tasty and tender once its not overcooked

tantipie wrote: »
    i got to goal in April and i still point everything that i eat,,i'm not as obsessed as i was when i was trying to lose weight..i'm now 11lbs under my goal weight and ok with putting up a few lbs as i know i can watch my points carefully the next week and lose it again. so for me yes i need to carry on tracking!!!

Thanks tantipie, really appreciate peoples take on it and how they did it. 11lbs under goal is great! I'd liek to be about 3-4lbs under goal so I can keep an eye on things, any more than that and I wouldn't be happy. Which means I have another 9-10lbs to lose. Feels like starting all over again! Well I did it the first time, I can sure as hell do it again!

kavanajd wrote: »
    Mmmmm sounds yum...did you just roast all the veg and potatoes together?
    The banana in it is the best part! I was v sceptical at first... but when i tasted it I was in heaven!!! Its not quirky at all....works soooooo well together. chuck in some chicken breasts too if you'd like meat. I have had it both ways, but not a meat lover so I prefer it without the chicken, my BF though loves the chicken in it, v tasty and tender once its not overcooked

Nope always do my potatoes with spray oil and some sea salt, they take about 40 mins then the cauliflower I parboil spray with some spray oil sprinkle on herbs/spices etc. then chuck in for last 10 mins or so. I find I'm being alot more creative and experimental with flavours etc since starting on pro points and I think thats why I'm not getting bored of it.

Ok you've convinced me on the banana front I'll let you know how it goes!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭galwayhooker

weight.png

Yay!Was down another pound tues night.Thought i might lose a bit more as have started doing hot yoga but sure i am still down.Just wondering if anybody knows how many excercise pp would i earn if i spent 90 min in hot yoga session.Am 5 ft 2 and 9 stone 9 pounds
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

weightwatchers for men in carlow town , anyone any idea where it is ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey all... am really struggling this week,have no idea why but just feel myself going off track so to speak. I can't seem to organise my dinners and filling up on toast instead. Just lacking in motivation really.

Anyway sorry for my rant, just needed to vent.. any advice welcome ;)

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey all... am really struggling this week,have no idea why but just feel myself going off track so to speak. I can't seem to organise my dinners and filling up on toast instead. Just lacking in motivation really.

Anyway sorry for my rant, just needed to vent.. any advice welcome ;)

Hey m'lady!!

What day was you weigh in as it's only mid week so you can still pull it together?? Did you have a loss/gain last WI or are you demotivated with the whole thing in general. TBH I'm feeling a little that way today but this morning after I felt like all I could do was eat to make myself feel better I looked at why I was feeling that way and realised that food wasn't going to make it any better or the 12pp scone from Cafe Sol :)

Do you have food in the house for your dinners. Can you take a trip out. If you are feeling a little miffed with the effort of it all at the minute maybe just do some ww ready meals etc and have some fruit to hand to snack on and fill up on. And for sure I find is be nice to yourself or do something to pull you through. This eve after work I'm gonna go down the shops and get a new nail varnish or dvd or something. Silly but it gives me a little perk when I'm down and it's not going to sit on the hips :)

Clean slate, past is past, new day etc etc. Hope that helps a little.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lol05

Hi i am new to boards so i have not read all the post on this thread but i find it really good just wondering anyone knows any nice soup recipes for soup esp with the winter coming I have made the butternut one but need a change as i find i just end up have a toasted sandwich and the likes and then give up on my weight loss!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

genie_us wrote: »
    Thanks Lizt!
    That's what I'm doing so far alright... I have to go out tomorrow night with work for dinner and drinks so I'm a bit nervous of that especially as it's my first week but I've been under my allowance all week, plus my new favourite thing the 49 pp a week hopefully it'll be ok!

The first two weeks I was on WW, I drank both weekends. Despite being really good with the porgram, the first week I only lost 2 and a half pounds, the second week I stayed the same. The alcohol really affects my weight so I'm staying away from it especially as it can get really hard to track how many drinks you've had!

Off to the gym now soon, I joined last week to speed up my weight loss. Went to aqua aerobics last night and it was great craic! Definitely think it's the kind of thing I will keep up because it didn't feel like really hard work but at the same time it was a great workout.

Going to do my program now that the trainer did out for me and am gonna head for a swim after. I've been good this week but to be honest I won't be that surpirsed if I put up weight or stay the same on Tuesday because I lost 3 pounds last week, which was a big loss for me and then with starting the gym, I'm probably losing fat but gaining muscle. Feel in a really good mindset now.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

For those that are struggling atm, I know what you're going through. Some of the long term posters would know that I've struggled since January with my weight loss. I just couldn't seem to get past a certain point. Finally in the last 6 weeks I have broken through.

I have being strict with my tracking. If I eat a biscuit that someone offers me it gets at least 1 pp. I may not get the exact point of it as I don't have the info but at least I'm giving it something.

I plan my meals at least the night before. I do have a general idea of what I'm eating for the week but the night before I'll write my main meals in the tracker.

I've started back walking again. My exercise had been terrible. I thought the summer would make it easier but it didn't. I do a good hour walk now as often as I can and it has made a difference.

I haven't been going to my normal class all summer and therefore I haven't stayed for the meeting. Now I'm back in college I'm going back to my normal class and staying for my meeting. I find the meetings are a big help and help me stay on track. Also my leader is really nice and supportive and I've missed having her help.

The big thing I've done is multi point. By this I mean if I have 2 time out fingers I used to point them as 4. Because 1 was 2 so therefore 2 was 4 :rolleyes: However after that topic came up here recently I decided to calculate all my treat stuff properly so 2 is actually 5 pps. This has meant I'm more stricter with my points. I did discover though that the small little dairy milk bars the one's with 90 cals in them are 1 for 3pps but 2 for 5pps so you save a point.

I've also stopped drinking. I was drinking way too much over the summer so now I've restricted it. I also never tracked alcohol but now if I have a few vodka and diet cokes I track them.

I've made better use of my weeklies. I use a few every day, so my daily points total is between 30-35 points.

Sorry for the long post but I hope it helps some of you who are struggling. Feel free to ask me any further qs :)

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Hey m'lady!!

What day was you weigh in as it's only mid week so you can still pull it together?? Did you have a loss/gain last WI or are you demotivated with the whole thing in general. TBH I'm feeling a little that way today but this morning after I felt like all I could do was eat to make myself feel better I looked at why I was feeling that way and realised that food wasn't going to make it any better or the 12pp scone from Cafe Sol :)

Do you have food in the house for your dinners. Can you take a trip out. If you are feeling a little miffed with the effort of it all at the minute maybe just do some ww ready meals etc and have some fruit to hand to snack on and fill up on. And for sure I find is be nice to yourself or do something to pull you through. This eve after work I'm gonna go down the shops and get a new nail varnish or dvd or something. Silly but it gives me a little perk when I'm down and it's not going to sit on the hips :)

Clean slate, past is past, new day etc etc. Hope that helps a little.....:p

Hey Maggie..thank you for your reply. I had weigh in on Tuesday, was up half a pound after losing 4 pounds last week, so yes I probably am demotivated in a way. I just cant seem to think of dinners that I'd like! Im just real 'bla' with any suggestion I think of, I know I sound like a child having a temper tantrum! ,
    I actually was in the shop earlier and wandered and wandered looking for something to make for my dinner and came up with absolutely nothing, just nothing appealed to me and could not think of anything I'm not mad into cooking and right now wouldnt have the time with my job, so I do look for simple recipe ideas.

Anyway I will try and motivate myself and get back on the horse, as I am NOT going to gain the weight I have already lost. Thanks again for your helpful advice, very much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 fluffball

Hi All its been a while well 7 weeks to be exact.:( Was doing really well lost
    21 lbs then my Dad died very suddenly and I just cant seem to get my act together. Believe it or not I have only put on a pound since so I am 9st 13 but with 8 lbs still to go. I thought after missing 2 classes my leader was supposed to text to see why your not there but she didn't and so I just didn't bother going since. M'lady you seem to be very motivated can you spare a little of advice for me ? I am still tracking and pointing but some days theres nothing to write as im not in form of eating....Please Help..Many thanks and very well done to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

WI Today and down a pound, way hay!
    One pound to go now for the second stone!

Oh just noticed that somewhere here I have slipped into the 80's kg bracket too , now 88.18 kg, started off at 100.2kg

fluffball wrote: »
    21 lbs then my Dad died very suddenly and I just cant seem to get my act together. Believe it or not I have only put on a pound since so I am 9st 13 but with 8 lbs still to go. I thought after missing 2 classes my leader was supposed to text to see why your not there but she didn't and so I just didn't bother going since. M'lady you seem to be very motivated can you spare a little of advice for me ? I am still tracking and pointing but some days theres nothing to write as im not in form of eating....Please Help..Many thanks and very well done to you all.

Sorry to hear of the death of your Dad.

first of all, so sorry to hear of your loss. I can only imagine what you're going through. I would say as soon as you feel up to it go back to class. The more you put it off, the more the weight will go up. I totally understand how you feel about not eating, I went through a very stressful period at the start of the year where I was literally barely eating. Just make sure what you are eating is filling and healthy. The foods in the purple booklet that are highlighted in green are the best.
    As regards your leader, I would say maybe she didn't text you because a lot of people drop out at this time of year and don't come back until closer to Christmas. Maybe she didn't want to pressure you.

Anyway, you're going through a rough time right now, I won't be too worried about the weight gain. You need to get your mind in the right place before you can start to work on your body. We're all here for you if you need to come on and vent! xx

PM sent to you fluffball.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Went this morn,after missin 2 weeks,up 3lbs:mad:my own fault,totally!! Anyway,done and dusted so starting from 2moro morn,for the million time:o16 weeks approx til xmas,a stone gone???????????????now,theres a challenge!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

sorry to hear about ur dad

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

audi02 wrote: »
    Didnt do too good this wk as i had a lot of things on last weekend. I wont know until i weigh in tomorrow though. Will keep you posted!!

Hi,
    Said I'd keep you posted! Wasnt gonna bother WI today cos thought I'd done awful bad this week but I thought to myself just go and face reality! Anyways I'm glad I did cos I lost 3.5lbs. Third week WI and down 12.5 lbs already. Hope I can keep it up! And I've been out drinking every weekend so I think if you keep track of them and work out roughly how many you can have before you go out it def helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 fluffball

lizt wrote: »
    first of all, so sorry to hear of your loss. I can only imagine what you're going through. I would say as soon as you feel up to it go back to class. The more you put it off, the more the weight will go up. I totally understand how you feel about not eating, I went through a very stressful period at the start of the year where I was literally barely eating. Just make sure what you are eating is filling and healthy. The foods in the purple booklet that are highlighted in green are the best.
    As regards your leader, I would say maybe she didn't text you because a lot of people drop out at this time of year and don't come back until closer to Christmas. Maybe she didn't want to pressure you.

Anyway, you're going through a rough time right now, I won't be too worried about the weight gain. You need to get your mind in the right place before you can start to work on your body. We're all here for you if you need to come on and vent! xx

Thankyou All so very much for your kind words. I am writing my shopping list now and taking note of all the fruit and veg I WILL be buying. Have a nice weekend everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Right folks....wish me luck off to do my theory.....I know its not ww related...but feck it it....truth is....I know the folks here better than I know the few friends that haven't moved away LOL :P

Mum wants to take me for a pizza & beer if i pass :p its a voucher meal deal....hopefully I can swop the beer for rum & diet coke....and i know its extra thin cripsy base SMALL pizza :) so at the most it'll be 1/2 a pizza...

So, how did it go??

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Anyone got any ideas of what to bring to work for lunch? Have really hit a brick wall as what to bring, everything seems so boring. Went through phases of salads, bagels and cream chesse and pitta bread with tuna but at the moment they don't interest me in the slightest:(So today I have a cup of soup and 2 mccambridge bread...don't think it will be very filling in fairness:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

Boop22 wrote: »
    Anyone got any ideas of what to bring to work for lunch? Have really hit a brick wall as what to bring, everything seems so boring. Went through phases of salads, bagels and cream chesse and pitta bread with tuna but at the moment they don't interest me in the slightest:(So today I have a cup of soup and 2 mccambridge bread...don't think it will be very filling in fairness:confused:

I go through this all the time, maybe try a chickpea stew or something? Kinda like soup only not blended and way more filling

My lunch today is a salad of parma ham, half a ball of mozarella, baby salad leaves and a sliced peach - 7 pp's. I try to vary it a bit on work days and have something non bread if possible as generally I have some bread at 10.30 ish for my tea break with a banana and it's just too high in pp's to have more bread, wraps, pitta or whatever at lunch time.

Homemade soup is great - so filling, much more so that the cup-a-soup sachets. Made celeriac soup during the week and it was gorgeous, will post the recipe over the weekend.

Beans on toast is a great quickie too and very filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

I've hit the slump too.... Went from 11st 5 to 10 stone 6.5 in about 14 weeks! Was almost at my stone.. Now for the last month I've be up down up down up!!! So annoying... I'm now at 10 st 9 and I'm sooooo demotivated.. I'm working longer hours too so I'm too wrecked when I get home, and the kids are back to school now so alarm is squealing at me at 6:05am:( I've a hen next weekend in Liverpool so really looking forward to it but so wanted to be down a few more pounds for it.. Anyway I'm tracking like mad this week..last Wi next Tuesday before the hen so please please please let me get a loss, just half a pound even so I know I'm back on track..

Hi all,

i just bought a box of mr freeze sugar free coolpops in tesco, on special!! Anyway, there mini ones, 20ml each, and the nutritional value states that per 100ml there is a trace of everything! So Im assuming from that that 5 cool pops is no pp?! like diet soda I suppose?! Or am I kidding myself so I can pig out on them?!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Caros wrote: »
    My lunch today is a salad of parma ham, half a ball of mozarella, baby salad leaves and a sliced peach - 7 pp's. I try to vary it a bit on work days and have something non bread if possible as generally I have some bread at 10.30 ish for my tea break with a banana and it's just too high in pp's to have more bread, wraps, pitta or whatever at lunch time.

Homemade soup is great - so filling, much more so that the cup-a-soup sachets. Made celeriac soup during the week and it was gorgeous, will post the recipe over the weekend.

Beans on toast is a great quickie too and very filling.

Hi Caros, thanks for that. Ive been eating spicy chicken salads but kinda getting fed up with them. I know what you're saying about the bread, I try to have it with only one meal a day when possbile:rolleyes: I would usually have home made soup but hadn't any made this morning so just grabbed a cup-a-soup to stop me from hitting the canteen in work and getting a roll/chips and the likes.

Beans and toast is definately an idea though, will give that a try.
    The Cully and Sully soups are 6pp i think but are so worth it if you haven't got the time to make a home made one....they r delish and very filling:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement