Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

If anyone is near Timberland Stores...big sale on at the moment :D Going in tomorrow to get a decent pair of boots for the winter :)

Can't believe I'm shopping for WINTER already :O Tho scarier...I've started about xmas shopping! I'm broke...I have to start early....to spread it out...I cant afford to be broke in january. We'll (hopefully) be going to Crufts with college so need money for flights/accom, plus this year going to have car, insurance, tax AAAAH!

I'm determined to be good today! Yesterday I was terrible....just couldnt be arsed cooking at all yesteday...it was sandwhiches and toast and rolls all day...cos I was putting all my energy into practicing for theory test....i know its only the theory test....but its like a freaking huge step for me! I think last time my nerves got me, last time i got 34/40! i wads 1 question off! Have my repeat tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    If anyone is near Timberland Stores...big sale on at the moment :D Going in tomorrow to get a decent pair of boots for the winter :)

Can't believe I'm shopping for WINTER already :O Tho scarier...I've started about xmas shopping! I'm broke...I have to start early....to spread it out...I cant afford to be broke in january. We'll (hopefully) be going to Crufts with college so need money for flights/accom, plus this year going to have car, insurance, tax AAAAH!

I'm determined to be good today! Yesterday I was terrible....just couldnt be arsed cooking at all yesteday...it was sandwhiches and toast and rolls all day...cos I was putting all my energy into practicing for theory test....i know its only the theory test....but its like a freaking huge step for me! I think last time my nerves got me, last time i got 34/40! i wads 1 question off! Have my repeat tomorrow!

Good Luck in your theory test, you will fly it this time! My sister failed it the first time because she had been studying the wrong section! She knew everything about trucks axels etc but nothing about cars!! Anyway she flew it second time round and is driving over a year now and has applied for full test... :D

Micki wrote: »
    Good Luck in your theory test, you will fly it this time! My sister failed it the first time because she had been studying the wrong section! She knew everything about trucks axels etc but nothing about cars!! Anyway she flew it second time round and is driving over a year now and has applied for full test... :D

I'm taking my sweeeet time when it comes to lessons, I'm all for the 12 lessons! And i think with the new setup...instructors have to sign you off on each section...so there is no way they'll let you go for your test if your not ready...which suits me just fine...means no one can bully me into it before i'm actually ready!

and I'm sure when I'm ready...I'll be a very good driver...just nervous...down the line I am looking forward to being able to hop in the car with the dogs and go for walks, go to fota, go to the gym...at the moment I'm just at home....surrounded by food and heading wrecking family! Thats enough to send anyone to the biscuit tin hehe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I'm taking my sweeeet time when it comes to lessons, I'm all for the 12 lessons! And i think with the new setup...instructors have to sign you off on each section...so there is no way they'll let you go for your test if your not ready...which suits me just fine...means no one can bully me into it before i'm actually ready!

and I'm sure when I'm ready...I'll be a very good driver...just nervous...down the line I am looking forward to being able to hop in the car with the dogs and go for walks, go to fota, go to the gym...at the moment I'm just at home....surrounded by food and heading wrecking family! Thats enough to send anyone to the biscuit tin hehe!

I'm the same Lainy my DH got me the DVD to study so I can apply for my test and lenience. I hope its not not as bad as I think its going to be, that is the test and actual driving :eek::D

I am also with you on getting ready for winter and Christmas as well! we are doing our budget all ready have to spread it out no way we manage other wise.

Plus it my DH birthday in October and I want to treat him to a weekend break so have to save for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Well how is every one doing, Ive a lot to read back on, I was away camping then up to my mums in Dublin for a few days it was a great break loved it and did some amount of walking so hoping I dont see a gain thursday but thinking about it if I am up it will be gone in the next two weeks determined!

I am hoping I can lose at least 1 to 2 pounds over the next 8 weeks and lose my second stone FX any way :)

now to read back over all Ive missed!

welcome to the newbies :)

• Advertisement

Baby75 wrote: »
    I'm the same Lainy my DH got me the DVD to study so I can apply for my test and lenience. I hope its not not as bad as I think its going to be, that is the test and actual driving :eek::D

I am also with you on getting ready for winter and Christmas as well! we are doing our budget all ready have to spread it out no way we manage other wise.

Plus it my DH birthday in October and I want to treat him to a weekend break so have to save for that.

well from my own experience....practice it when ever u get a chance i've been doing it every day for the last three weeks! and only in the last few days...its all kinda slotted into place and I'm passing the tests on the disc :p Dont leave it to the weeekend before the test to start to start looking at it....i think thats where i went wrong last time too....i only looked at it about 5 days before my test...and got over whelmed by it all

Well if it turns out i do manage to get over my nerves....and able to pass...then ANYONE can do it!

(OFF TOPIC I KNOW.....SORRY....BACK TO WW CHAT)

Does anyone know anything about apple cider vinegar tablets? I'm not looking at them for "super lazy weight loss" but my aunt has told me they do help curb the sweet tooth...thats my down fall...if i know there is chocolate or cake in the house....its ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT...I'm a PIG when it comes to sweet foods...and I openly admit that!

I just want to curb my sweet tooth...so I'm not sabotaging my efforts...I enjoy eating the nice healthy foods I'm making these days...but feck it....my sweet tooth rules the rooste....i can be STUFFED....but if i know there is cake....i want some! :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Hi all

I joined WW on Monday evening and just getting used to the whole pro points thing!

I just want to check... I seem to have a lot of daily allowance - obv due to the amount of weight I need to lose!
    Before, I think I remember that you had to try and eat your full allowance which I used to struggle with. Is it still the same with the new one does anyone know?

And also just to confirm - this 49 pro weekly points thing sounds like I might not have to give up my cinema popcorn on a weekend! Does anyone know how many points are in the popcorn? (Sorry if this has been asked a million times, I haven't read through all the posts!)

Thanks in advance

You should try to use your full daily allowance....but doesnt mean splurge on junk and snacks for the sake of using them....

the idea is to use them to have bigger portions of healthier foods :) like extra chicken, protein healthy oils, wholegrain foods, dressings on salads

cos its a new eating plan, your body will feel fuller cos its novelty to your body, and your enthusiasm is high with the whole new eating plan :)

don't over do it on salads and zero point foods....cos you'll get sick of them quickly :) When your body gets used to the points in a few days...or a few weeks...you'll need salads and stuff to bulk up your pointed meals.

your 49pp weekly allowance is optional....the occasional popcorn is okay....but get a water with it...to help flush out the excess salt you'll be consuming.

From SkinnyDoll Blog:
    http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/
    Her special is on popcorn this week :D

SALTED CINEMA POPCORN
    Small = 7 pp
    Medium = 12 pp
    Large = 19 pp

Thanks Lady Lainy :)
    Even with having extra meat in meals etc I used to struggle with eating my full allowance. I think one of my biggest problems is not eating too much junk food, but just eating at all the wrong times...eg I wake up late on a Saturday or Sunday so would often not eat anything til 1pm or so, then not eat again til around 8pm and that would be it for the day.

That looks like a great blog too - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

@GT : Great news on your brilliant progress so far. You'll get to those new targets in no time. I'm sure you're feeling great these days. Keep up the good work.

@ Boop_22 : Well done for your first week at home. Keep it up.

@ Lainy : Good luck for tomorrow with the theory test. They didn't have those when I learnt to drive!

Welcome to all the newbies.

Going to a restaurant tonight, so I went online to check out their menu & was very surprised to see they have a whole section of slimming world main courses & side dishes. I think Slimming World is very popular here in Derry, as all my friends here that are dieting go there rather than WW. The butchers here also have special SW products too. Pity the restaurant didn't put the propoints of their meals (even just the SW ones) on the menu too. At least there are loads of healthy options for me to choose from.

• Advertisement

fofany wrote: »
    @GT : Great news on your brilliant progress so far. You'll get to those new targets in no time. I'm sure you're feeling great these days. Keep up the good work.

@ Boop_22 : Well done for your first week at home. Keep it up.

@ Lainy : Good luck for tomorrow with the theory test. They didn't have those when I learnt to drive!

Welcome to all the newbies.

Going to a restaurant tonight, so I went online to check out their menu & was very surprised to see they have a whole section of slimming world main courses & side dishes. I think Slimming World is very popular here in Derry, as all my friends here that are dieting go there rather than WW. The butchers here also have special SW products too. Pity the restaurant didn't put the propoints of their meals (even just the SW ones) on the menu too. At least there are loads of healthy options for me to choose from.

restaurant have to pay royalties to ww/sw ect cos propoints and all that sorta stuff is copyrighted....it is a business after all..a hotel here in cork got in trouble for it few years ago.

Enjoy your night out! At least you can relax knowing you can choose something relatively healthy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

genie_us wrote: »
    Hi all

I joined WW on Monday evening and just getting used to the whole pro points thing!

I just want to check... I seem to have a lot of daily allowance - obv due to the amount of weight I need to lose!
    Before, I think I remember that you had to try and eat your full allowance which I used to struggle with. Is it still the same with the new one does anyone know?

And also just to confirm - this 49 pro weekly points thing sounds like I might not have to give up my cinema popcorn on a weekend! Does anyone know how many points are in the popcorn? (Sorry if this has been asked a million times, I haven't read through all the posts!)

Thanks in advance

I had the same problem as you, I found it really hard to use all my points. Basically if, at the end of the day, you have points left over you shouldn't eat them unless you feel hungry. The whole "I have seven points left so I should have a few biscuits" is a dangerous trap to fall into!!

Best of luck with it all, this thread is a great resource and everyone is so helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

Down 5lb in my first week if thats not motivation to stick at it I dunno what is.. so chuffed!!

Hi, I was the same the first week, lost 7lbs,was delighted. Lost another 2 last week so this week now will be the tester as I feel I havnt stuck to my pp enough! Best of luck to you!

feeling good today :D

Just hnd a lovely big smoothie for 2pp (got two pints hehe)

tinned pears (drained)
    fist full of strawberries
    2 small bananas
    200ml Skimmed milk

It was SOOOOOOOO creamy and OMG SO FILLING! I stomach was rumbling while out walking the dogs so its filled me right up now :) Dinner not for another few hours :)

Just wondering would kiwi's work in in smoothies do ya think?|

If i can be good today....there is hope for this week still LOL all it takes is one good day to get the ball rolling!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Dunno how this happened but i used up all of my pp by lunchtime today:eek::eek:. I went for lunch and had a chicket fillet wrap...I guesstimated that this was 12pp...i am prob way off. Would anyone have any idea? It was about 3/4 of a breaded chicken fillet on a white wrap with a small bit of grated cheese and sweet chilli sauce??:rolleyes: Anyway when i got home from work i had a ww pizza - 12pp. Disasterous day all round after my good loss this morning :mad:

Boop22 wrote: »
    Dunno how this happened but i used up all of my pp by lunchtime today:eek::eek:. I went for lunch and had a chicket fillet wrap...I guesstimated that this was 12pp...i am prob way off. Would anyone have any idea? It was about 3/4 of a breaded chicken fillet on a white wrap with a small bit of grated cheese and sweet chilli sauce??:rolleyes: Anyway when i got home from work i had a ww pizza - 12pp. Disasterous day all round after my good loss this morning :mad:

well if u had ur WI this morning, means u have all ur weeklies and the rest of the week to clock in a few activity points...so I wouldn't worry too much :)

You may have used ur points....but really it wasn't exactly overly unhealthy! thats the main thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

Hey all, going to try get back to posting here more! Everyone doing so well, keep it up y' all! Was going to dodge my wi tonight but decided to go and face the music after being bold for 2 weeks!! Was pleasantly surprised that I stayed the same!!! Was so scared I'd be over and have to pay again! I'm just 4 pounds from being back at goal and away from the danger zone of paying ha ha!

Lainey don't be worrying about the theory test, I got 34/40 too first time but second time I did the disc over and over and got 40!! :-) 3 years later I still don't drive and my provisional is expired as sooo expensive and I live so close to all I need!!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

audi02 wrote: »
    Hi, I was the same the first week, lost 7lbs,was delighted. Lost another 2 last week so this week now will be the tester as I feel I havnt stuck to my pp enough! Best of luck to you!

Very good feeling isnt it!! Hope I can keep it up now!! How are you getting on on week 3 does it get easier as you go??

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Hey all,

Congrats on all the losses and the good days and motivation!!! So tried my experiment, never used weeklies before. Last week ate 30 of them and only lost .5 (which I'm not complaining, a loss is a loss!) so my leader told me good now eat more and them all so this week ate the 49 and 29 every day and gained a pound. Tempted to go back to how I was by not eating them but she told me to persevere, eat them again and you had to eat them.

Since starting WW nutritionally I'm doing fantastic and my food choices have been great and I feel great. I'm trying loads of new receipes and I'm 'trying' to not get hung up on numbers but em......back to only 7 pounds in 13 weeks?? It's getting a little frustrating.

Could I be eating too much of the good things? I'd have a good bit of fruit every day and my meal portions are quite large although more with veg. My protein and carbs are very sensible. I'm just finding it hard to figure out is all.

Rant over! Anyone any suggestions for a new food to try this week or has anyone had something they have tried for the first time? Trying to think of something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

Very good feeling isnt it!! Hope I can keep it up now!! How are you getting on on week 3 does it get easier as you go??
    Didnt do too good this wk as i had a lot of things on last weekend. I wont know until i weigh in tomorrow though. Will keep you posted!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

new discovery!!

was wandering around tesco yesterday, and these little wonders caught my eye!

They're like WW angel delight! In a little sachet thing, strawberry flavour and chocolate flavour!

And the best part?

Only 1pp per serving! (2pp in a pack!)

Made it with milk, and had in with raspberries, and sugar-free jelly!

A delicious, quite filling dessert for 1pp! Halleluja!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

STS this week after my birthday weekend of food and wine - yay! Exercise does actually work, ha ha!!

Roll on Electric Picnic! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kavanajd

hey everyone, well done on the weight loss! Im a goldmember, havn't gotten weighed for weeks, also havn't been tracking for months.... WI on tuesday and 7lbs over goal weight >:( considering I only lost 12 to get to goal, this is shocking! Anyhow back to tracking for me.
    I'm wondering does anyone know how many pp are in a medium sized bucket of popcorn from the cinema? I have the old eat out book which states that its 6.5 points, but it's not in the new book. And I'm guessing theres approx the equivalent of 3 bags of manhatten pop in there making it 12 pp :mad:...........I couldn't help myself!
    Also any advice from goldmembers about maintaining your weight? When I got to gold I wastold to kep tracking and altring my points until there was a week that I stayed the same, and there the points I should stick too. I thought this method was a bit weird, because even when you eat your normal points theres weeks where you stay the same, so I assumed that once I tried to watch what I was eating, and made teh right choices I would be ok without tracking....this was true for the first month maybe, and then I started to go up, and I've been going up ever since :( So do I really need to track for the rest of my life?!!!

Oops sorry, I just read back on the last page and seen that my exact question was already asked and answered... so I was spot on... 12pp in a medium popcorn...raging!!!!!! never again

lizt wrote: »
    I had the same problem as you, I found it really hard to use all my points. Basically if, at the end of the day, you have points left over you shouldn't eat them unless you feel hungry. The whole "I have seven points left so I should have a few biscuits" is a dangerous trap to fall into!!

Best of luck with it all, this thread is a great resource and everyone is so helpful.

Thanks Lizt!
    That's what I'm doing so far alright... I have to go out tomorrow night with work for dinner and drinks so I'm a bit nervous of that especially as it's my first week but I've been under my allowance all week, plus my new favourite thing the 49 pp a week hopefully it'll be ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Hey Kavanajd

I got to gold on old system and I was on 18 a day at the time. I was told I was allowed 6 extra a day making it 24. It's not alot extra really to be fair. It's the same with this system, they allow you 29 a day and 49 weeklies. I can't imagine it's much more to maintain.

I know you don't want to track for the rest of your life but it is a lifestyle change that you have to keep in mind and you can't go back to eating as you did or else you go back to where you were (I'm speaking from experience :)). If you did it maybe once a week in a month it's a good exercise. You would notice all the little extra things you pick at and wouldn't think of writing down, one biscuit here, handfuls of this or that! Also you can get very laid back and your portion sizes become a lot larger. My 30g porridge had managed to double to 60 and I still thought I was having the same amount....it all adds up. also a couple of kick start weeks every month or 6 weeks or so helped me. I would be extra good on a week where I had nothing on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

Got weighed in last night for the first time since i re-joined and was dreading it... turns out i was 1.5lbs down... so so happy to hear that... hopefully now i can continue on... every pound counts!!! :D

maggiemay

I tried a butternut squash, chickpea and banana curry last night. (Serves 3-4)

1 onion,
    2 garlic cloves,
    1 chilli,
    1 butternut squash,
    1 tin of cooked chickpeas (equivalent to 240g once drained)
    1 large/2 small bananas
    1/2 tin of chopped tomatoes

2-3 tsp of olive oil
    1 tbsp of pataks curry paste (madras is what i used, but you can use anything except tikka or korma)
    1 tsp ground coriander
    1 tsp ground turmeric
    1 tsp ground cumin
    450ml of veg stock made with one cube

fry the onion and garlic for a couple of mins
    add the chilli, fry for a min
    add the spices and fry off for approx 1 min or until you can smell them
    add the paste and fry off for about 1-2 mins
    add butternut squash, tomatoes and stock, bring to the boil and simmer until the squash is just about cooked. simmer with no lid, so it reduces nicely
    add chickpeas and cook for a further 5 mins,
    just before serving add the banana and stir through

serve with brown/white rice, or cous cous.

whole recipe is 12pp, if your serving it to 3 people its 4pp each or between 4 people its 3 pp. Add and extra 6pp for rice, and its 9pp altogether for a v yummy curry.

That's great advice thanks, I never thought of checking myself every few weeks... I was in denial I suppose! Like you my cereal in the mornings went from 3 pp to 6 or 7 but i still thought it was grand!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

kavanajd wrote: »
    Also any advice from goldmembers about maintaining your weight? When I got to gold I wastold to kep tracking and altring my points until there was a week that I stayed the same, and there the points I should stick too. I thought this method was a bit weird, because even when you eat your normal points theres weeks where you stay the same, so I assumed that once I tried to watch what I was eating, and made teh right choices I would be ok without tracking....this was true for the first month maybe, and then I started to go up, and I've been going up ever since :( So do I really need to track for the rest of my life?!!!
    i got to goal in April and i still point everything that i eat,,i'm not as obsessed as i was when i was trying to lose weight..i'm now 11lbs under my goal weight and ok with putting up a few lbs as i know i can watch my points carefully the next week and lose it again. so for me yes i need to carry on tracking!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement