Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

All stocked up on fruit! :D Anyone near Cork, Douglas....The Saturday Farmers Market...got two MASSIVE Punnets of strawberries for €8! to get the same amount of strawberries in dunnes or tesco you'd be looking at paying at least €12 or more!

feeling nice and full still from breakfast :) and all stocked up in my regulars for at least another few weeks,

tinned pears,
    Ready brek,
    Yellowfin sole,
    Quorn,
    Veggie Fingers,
    Wraps,
    Sugar Free Squash,
    potatoes, (regular and baby)
    Cous Cous,
    Green Isle Frozen Garlic

Got some of the "Tesco Finest Quarter Pounders" :D 5pp each...going to have burger and home made wedges tonight :) Just without the bun :D nom nom nom! Can't Wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Hey Guys and Girls!

I joined WW last Tuesday and been following the pro points plan!

I'm only eating 20 - 28 points a day and im stuffed on that.. i never ate fruit and veg so finding them quite filling.. does anyone know if its bad to be this much under i also exercise 3-4 times a week and used none of the weekly points.. guess il find out the answers on tuesday night..

Im 13'11 now goal = 10 stone so its going to be a long journey!! so this forum could be usefull!!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Hey Guys and Girls!

I joined WW last Tuesday and been following the pro points plan!

I'm only eating 20 - 28 points a day and im stuffed on that.. i never ate fruit and veg so finding them quite filling.. does anyone know if its bad to be this much under i also exercise 3-4 times a week and used none of the weekly points.. guess il find out the answers on tuesday night..

Im 13'11 now goal = 10 stone so its going to be a long journey!! so this forum could be usefull!!

Lisa. it is bad to be under eating by up to 9 pp per day, your body won't thank you for it in the end and will go into starvation mode whereby you'll store whatever food you are taking in. WW have spent 7 years i think in perfecting the WW propoints program and have deemed 29 propoints per day as the ideal for our bodies to lose weight. No doubt you will lose weight the first week by under eating your allotted points but not as the weeks go by. You don't have to fill up with carb rich food, chocs, cake, bread etc to get to the daily points allocation but perhaps have a bit of extra protein with your meals, use real butter, oils etc as we all need essential fats for skin tone etc

Anyways welcome on board and good luck with it!

Caros wrote: »
    Lisa. it is bad to be under eating by up to 9 pp per day, your body won't thank you for it in the end and will go into starvation mode whereby you'll store whatever food you are taking in. WW have spent 7 years i think in perfecting the WW propoints program and have deemed 29 propoints per day as the ideal for our bodies to lose weight. No doubt you will lose weight the first week by under eating your allotted points but not as the weeks go by. You don't have to fill up with carb rich food, chocs, cake, bread etc to get to the daily points allocation but perhaps have a bit of extra protein with your meals, use real butter, oils etc as we all need essential fats for skin tone etc

I'm not under eating on purpose though i'm stuffed on what i'm having! will use proper olive oil have been using the 1cal spray.. will be tough adjusting i have so many questions for tuesday night!! Excited.com!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey all.. hope everyone had a good weekend.. I was a bit bold but kept within my pp.. just not the healthiest,but I'll get back on track tomorrow.

I've definitely decided to use Halloween as my goal to get 10 lbs off my then, and then Christmas will be my next target!

I do have to start planning my meals a bit better though, I will pile down with a pen and paper tomorrow.
    Anyway hope everyone has a good coming week ;)

• Advertisement

Caros wrote: »

I'm not under eating on purpose though i'm stuffed on what i'm having! will use proper olive oil have been using the 1cal spray.. will be tough adjusting i have so many questions for tuesday night!! Excited.com!

Hi Lisa...
    I initially found eating my 29 pp a struggle but that was before I realised I wasn't pointing for my coffee,well sugar in it, and before I started weighing my pasta,potatoes etc, I was a bit haphazard at the start, but wow when I started weighing them boy did I have no problem eating my full 29 pp!!

So I guess what I'm sayin is just to be aware of your portions etc, in case your making same mistake as I did!!

Good luck on Tuesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jackie307133

Hi everyone, Just back after a month away and a month spent well and truly off the wagon. I fell with a bang. Spent the last couple of hour catching up on what everyone's been up. Well done on all the great weight losses. I've received a good dose of inspiration here tonight and feel ready and able to get back on the wagon tomorrow. its been hard going the last while i lost off will power somewhere along the line. Really need to get back in line. looking forward to going to my weight in on Thursday. fingers crossed the damage wont be too bad. Good luck everyone in the new week. Have a feeling its going to get easier to be in routine with the kids back at school this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Boop 22 I'm doing the plan at home & my advice would be to

-pick a WI day & time & stick to it every week
    - make sure you have a good digital scales & weigh yourself in the same room/spot each week to make sure you get an accurate result
    -discipline! You have got to be really disciplined you are accountable to only yourself but in my view that's the most important person it's not a competition it's your weightloss journey & if you don't do it for yourself what's the point? It's too easy to fall off the wagon if you have the mindset feck it sure I've no leader ill eat what i want & skip a WI - Be your own leader & come on here for tips advice etc :)
    - log your weightloss each week I use iwatcher on my phone & it's great to see the little graph going in the right direction.
    - set your mini goals & when you reach them treat yourself my thing was to put money in a jar @ WI every week when I'd hit a mini goal I'd use that money to buy myself a new nailvarnish, eye shadow etc.
    - still celebrate the silver 7 & stones just because you don't go to a meeting doesn't mean you can't do that.

I much Prefer doing it at home meetings would not have been for me but I've been really strict with myself I track & weigh everything & I record the gains & the losses. Once you are organised & in the right mindset you really will be able to do it.

I know you have PCOS but maybe try switch up some of your eating & exercise to try shock your body a bit. PCOS will make weightloss harder but if we only eat & do the same things our bodies get way to used to them.

Best of luck & if you need any help drop me a pm I've done @ home now for 7 months so I know all the pitfalls at this stage! :)

Hi Kay,

Thanks a million for your post. Well, it is the start of a new week and I am definately back on track this time. Had such a terrible weekend, drank like a fish and ate all the crap that goes along with it. But at least it is out of my system now:). I think what I need to do is to realise that it is going to take that bit longer to lose the weight and not to lose hope. If I don't see a weight loss every week I usually get so frustrated and then give up on the whole thing:mad: Have you any tips on what way to change my eating and exercise around. At the min I am going to curves 4 times a wk and walking for 45 mins about 4 times too. Should I try do some more for a week and see if it makes a difference? No drinking for me this weekend so am going to try give it my best shot and hopefully lose a pound:rolleyes:

Right....I've spent the entire weekend working in computer.....wiping it, reinstalling windows....reinstalling all my programmes, updates, upgrades, getting a decent anti virus.....my ass did not move all weekend apart from doggie charity day i was at saturday!

My (not so) little Rua did Fantastic :D he was the star back stage....everyone complimenting him! there was fun little dog shows..not real...Judges voted him 3rd in best pure bred of the day :) hehe But alas....the cupcake stand was calling me and taunting me all day! :( .....i had THREE! but to be fair....cupcakes was the only food in the entire place....and it wasn't really the kinda place you could bring a packed lunch....you'd have dogs going NUTS with food around.

I did manage to get a 45min walk in yesterday with the dogs ....but to be fair was more like a fast strole than a decent walk...but hey...anything better than nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

Hi Everyone,
    Can anyone hazzard a guess about how many propoints are in 3 cubes (the normal sized ones) of feta?? I had a salad with by lunch and this was my treat bit. I've been crap for the past few weeks so today I've gotta get back into the "if you bite it, write it!" mentality. I dont know how much those little cubes would weigh so I cant work it out :o.

Also, I just bought new the WW Fruit Crumble biscuits - delish for 2 points (they are a bit on the expensive side though)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 clovestreats

Hi Everyone,
    Can anyone hazzard a guess about how many propoints are in 3 cubes (the normal sized ones) of feta?? I had a salad with by lunch and this was my treat bit. I've been crap for the past few weeks so today I've gotta get back into the "if you bite it, write it!" mentality. I dont know how much those little cubes would weigh so I cant work it out :o.

Also, I just bought new the WW Fruit Crumble biscuits - delish for 2 points (they are a bit on the expensive side though)

hey the book says 40g feta = 3pp's. hope that helps :) Must try those biscuits. Tried the WW belgium choc slices over the weekend and they were lovely (got them reduced too!) for only 2pp's per slice!

woo got another 45min with the dogs in :) Giving it 3pp :) cos it wasn't that tough....but still got my pulse going :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Had my WI tonight 2 days earlier than normal because I can't make weds. I was down 2lbs DELIGHTED :D I've finally broken through my plateau and my first mini-goal of getting back to my pre-hiatus weight. I'm now only 0.5lb off my 2nd stone :) I have my graduation on Weds so hopefully I'll be able to work off any damage before next Weds!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Hi all,

I've been completely off the radar for the last few months. Trying my best to get back on track slowly. Have even roped the boyfriend in to help! We've just moved in together and bad habits were beginning to appear so going to nip it in the bud now! He's 6'5' and can eat what he likes so he's promised to help me stay on track! Went to the gym this morning so starting as I intend to continue!
    I went to WW last week but was kind of annoyed. Paid €20 to rejoin, got weighed in and stayed for the class. Unfortunately the class was only 10 minutes. I don't think it's fair to expect people to pay money and not get what you've paid for. The leader said it was because people were not staying. Well I stayed! And I really needed some motivation, it being my first week back, but got nothing out of it to be honest. I'm strapped for cash at the mo and was very annoyed.
    Hopefully this week will be better. Fingers crossed for a loss.

First day back on track after a week or two of not tracking properly and a disastrous 2 weekends. Today was a big success though. Lots of exercise and stayed under my points. Lets hope this is the start of things to come:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Went back to WI this morning (after 4 weeks of not tracking) and was 0.5lbs down. I had put on weight while I was away in France, but had cut back since I came back & managed to lose it all again in the last 10 days. The leader told me that I have now lost 50lbs (over the last 4 yrs!), but didn't have any certificates with her, so I'll get it next week. So fully motivated now to try & get to my goal weight in the next couple of months - only 3.5lbs to go!

Good luck everyone on your WIs this week.

Well done Fofany that is a brilliant achievement:D

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

fofany wrote: »
    Went back to WI this morning (after 4 weeks of not tracking) and was 0.5lbs down. I had put on weight while I was away in France, but had cut back since I came back & managed to lose it all again in the last 10 days. The leader told me that I have now lost 50lbs (over the last 4 yrs!), but didn't have any certificates with her, so I'll get it next week. So fully motivated now to try & get to my goal weight in the next couple of months - only 3.5lbs to go!

Good luck everyone on your WIs this week.

Well done - that's fantastic!!

I'm not looking forward to WI tomorrow - I was celebrating my birthday at the weekend AND I'm going to EP this weekend, so I have to go to WI tomorrow as I'll probably miss next week!!!

Have my weigh in tonight after joining last week! I have been so good im dreading the prospect of not seen any results!! Fingers Crossed for me!!

Oi well i am having a mother of all unhealthy days! :( feeling so painfully bloated :( jeans feeling tight

I put it down to driving nerves! Have my theory test (2nd attempt) thursday....but its the part that comes after the theory test i'm worried about! Driving...and how i'm going to afford it :(

Well I have a lovely dinner planned tonight,,,chicken and pepper grilled kebabs with cous cous :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 heuston

Hi guys, I'm doing WW again after a having failed on previous occasions, the plan works fine my problem is that if I have a bad week I give WI a miss and aim for the next meeting as opposed to seeing the scales going up. The problem arises if I have another bad week I tend not to go back, until weeks/months go by and I am back to square one.
    Any suggestions on How to keep the motivation up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

I have finally got my first stone. Down 1.5lbs today and delighted. One more WI until my holiday so I'm gonna try real hard to get my next goal which is 10% and 2lbs away before I go. Even if I don't it's not the end of the world. really really chuffed. Pointed like a mf this week and I used 40 of my weeklies. I'm really looking forward to my hols and a break from WIs for a couple of weeks and then I'm going to come back refreshed, relaxed and ready to put my push in for christmas.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 IrregularGirl

heuston wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm doing WW again after a having failed on previous occasions, the plan works fine my problem is that if I have a bad week I give WI a miss and aim for the next meeting as opposed to seeing the scales going up. The problem arises if I have another bad week I tend not to go back, until weeks/months go by and I am back to square one.
    Any suggestions on How to keep the motivation up?

Hi Heuston,

I have had two really bad weeks in the past three weeks and have gained two and a half pounds each week but my motivation has always been to go the weigh in and face up to the damage that I have done. As my leader says, once you get off the scales its history! Don't get me wrong, I almost cried but I got off the scales with such determination to do so much better the following week and I did :) At least you know why you have gained if you have had a bad week and what you can do to change. So, to sum up:D I say go to every weigh in whether bad or good and once you get off the scales forget about it and concentrate on the new week!
    Good Luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 heuston

Hi Heuston,

I have had two really bad weeks in the past three weeks and have gained two and a half pounds each week but my motivation has always been to go the weigh in and face up to the damage that I have done. As my leader says, once you get off the scales its history! Don't get me wrong, I almost cried but I got off the scales with such determination to do so much better the following week and I did :) At least you know why you have gained if you have had a bad week and what you can do to change. So, to sum up:D I say go to every weigh in whether bad or good and once you get off the scales forget about it and concentrate on the new week!
    Good Luck!!

Hi IrregularGirl,
    Thanks for your advice, I will follow it; I know how good it feels to loose weight and I do pick up useful tips plus motivation at the meetings. I'm going to give it my all this time!

Well had my weigh in this evening and was up a half pound... kinda surprised me as I had tracked all week and kept within my points,however I didn't make great choices and was pretty disorganized.

Anyway gonna sit and plan my meals tonight, I need to put my effort into them.
    Hope everyone is doing well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Lost 3 lbs today, bringing me to my 5% loss and my first stone gone!! Over the moon with that, especially as I didn't feel I had a great week. This has just really motivated me, I joined a gym last week as I want to speed up the weight loss. I'd love to have another stone gone by my sister's graduation in November, but even to have another stone gone by Christmas would be great.

For those losing motivation, Weight Watchers put something on twitter which inspired me.

Stumbling is not falling.

Last week I gained 1.5lbs, it was disheartening but look at what happened this week! There's nothing to motivate you like a great week on the scale.

Another thing to think -

Weight loss is the only prison where you are locked inside the cell and YOU hold the key. You can't expect anyone else to unlock the door for you, you are the only one with the power to do that!!

Sounds corny, but true.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Today is my 30th WI and finally cracked it!!

I now am below 14st!! 13st12.25 to be exact!!:cool:

another mini target crushed!:D

Next mini targets:
    20% overall loss - currently @ 19.4% lost - 1.5LBS loss required
    50LBS overall loss - currently @ 46.75LBS lost - 3.25LBS loss required
    hitting 190LBS - currently @ 194.25LBS - 4.25LBS Loss required
    4st overall loss - currrently @ 3st4.75LBS - 9.25LBS loss required

I cant believe that I hit those number(19.4% lost,46.75LBS lost, 3st4.75LBS) in just 30weeks!!

My 1st week of trying ww at home and have lost 1.5 pounds....Delighted:) Another 2 pounds to go and I will be under the 12 stone mark. My goal was to be under 12 stone before my holidays which are on the 30th Sept...so me thinks that it is definately achievable:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

Joined weight watchers again last week after 2 years of not going... Weighed in and was told I had put on 1st 2lbs since I was last there :(.... Weigh in is tonight and although I don't think I've lost anything cos I really did pig out at the weekend, I think I should probably go and face the music anyway!!:(

Hopefully its not as bad as I think it will be (hopefully it won't be worse either!)

• Advertisement

Down 5lb in my first week if thats not motivation to stick at it I dunno what is.. so chuffed!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement