Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Once Upon A Time (ABC) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

no she can't be, she came to the real world when she was a newborn. she's just in the stories as Snow and Charming's baby

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The ugly duckling?

:D Eh, no. I was thinking more like The Swan Princess, Odette, Swan Lake type of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

:D Eh, no. I was thinking more like The Swan Princess, Odette, Swan Lake type of thing.

lol Jennifer actually said last year that Emma was a symbol for The Ugly Duckling :p

alroley wrote: »

lol Jennifer actually said last year that Emma was a symbol for The Ugly Duckling :p

So I'm not going mad!

Good-o :-D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Just watched the very latest ep. before a fresh one tonight, very solid stuff....lots of backstory and now Rumple has a real nemesis in Hook. Nice twist on the Capt. Hook origin tale.

Cora and Hook on their way to Storybrooke!....no doubt Emma and Snow will encounter them. Lots of fleshing out and character development for Rumple, more understaing how he came to be The Dark One. While i understand rumple still has a chance for redemption....does he deserve it?

He's EVIL!....he kills at will and enjoys it, killed his own damn wife ffs!...never mind all th other crap he pulled. when he killed that poor mute girl last season i was shocked!, i don't think he deserves a happy ending and loved up with Belle.

Mila...she abondoned her own son, so not much sympathy from me here, Rumple may have been a coward but she obviously wanted someone and a life other then him.
    Belle got some story and Ruby looked super hot and TALL in her red n black outfit.

Looking forward to her own ep. upcoming.

• Advertisement

Cora and Hook on their way to Storybrooke!....no doubt Emma and Snow will encounter them. Lots of fleshing out and character development for Rumple, more understaing how he came to be The Dark One. While i understand rumple still has a chance for redemption....does he deserve it?

He's EVIL!....he kills at will and enjoys it, killed his own damn wife ffs!...never mind all th other crap he pulled. when he killed that poor mute girl last season i was shocked!, i don't think he deserves a happy ending and loved up with Belle.

I think Belle is under the impression Rumple "lost" his wife, I'm sure she doesn't know that he ripped out her heart in a jealous fit. Have to assume that comes out at some point and I can't imagine she's impressed when it does.

If anyone watches live/stays up for links, remember it's an hour earlier this week :)

I'm only casually watching this show, still watching bits of season 1, watching the new episodes too, so I'm not all up on my OUAT rules, but can he really be who the promo hints at? I know they play pretty fast and loose with the whole "fairy tale" thing, but
    Dr. Frankenstein
    isn't any sort of fairy tale, or even a legend like Lancelot. But then I guess Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan aren't really either... so maybe he is who it looks like. Would they give it away so obviously like that in the promo though?

Anything Disney covered they'll use...and more, they even wanted to use Sherlock Holmes. So they can throw any charcter they like in the mix :)

Anything Disney covered they'll use...and more, they even wanted to use Sherlock Holmes. So they can throw any charcter they like in the mix :)

Aye, I read that earlier in the week. I wonder is that why they got rid of the Sheriff so early then, because their original plan for him didn't work and they had no better alternative?
    Odd too that they couldn't get the rights for him but seemingly everyone else can, in various different forms.

If anyone watches live/stays up for links, remember it's an hour earlier this week :)

Aye....tis great when the clocks go back, 11pm this week! :D

• Advertisement

Last nights ep..... More to sway me towards thinking Rumple/Gold doesn't deserve redemption. He manipulated Regina into agreeing to his teachings, and is basically responsible for everything that she's done since. He's very entertaining as a villain but I can't say I'd be rooting for him to live happily ever after.

Regina on the other hand you have to feel sorry for. Sure she was a bit mental for thinking she could bring someone back from the dead, and it was a bit tenuous her flipping back to Rumple just like that at the end but in SB timeline she's trying which is more than can be said for Gold who still seems to be manipulating things.

Not enough Hook!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

If its possible, this episode made me love Regina more than ever. There was always a chance that she was truly evil, but now we know she has been a pawn her whole life, and it's ok for us to root for her. Also, Lana Parrilla should get all of the awards available :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watched the last 2 episodes. Great couple of episodes. Knew Rumple was gonna cut off the captain's hand and as soon as I saw it coming, I was waiting for him to say "tick tock".
    Wasn't that library the entrance to the dragon's lair?
    I find it interesting that Frankenstein was all about science yet the Mad Hatter's hat supposedly only goes to other magical lands. Unless that was part of the ploy.
    Also liked how the bit at the end was black and white.
    Aurora needs to become less of a damsel and become more useful.
    Regina said she used a preservation spell yet she didn't learn magic for a while after Daniel died.

Oh and pre dark magic Regina looks good.

Wonder if they'll incorporate Lucas characters now. Hook teams with LeChuck and Rumple's son returns under his adopted name of Guybrush. :)

Just seen the latest, loved the Frankenstein story and reveal of Dr. Whale + seeing how Regina became the Evil Queen and how Rumple manipulated the story to get her to let go and go dark. He's behind everything!....so Regina went bad and has been conned her entire life due to Rumple/Whale and Jefferson!

Between those three it's bound to come out that the whole Franken-Daniel thing was a sham and setup to make her go bad. While i felt sorry for Regina and understood her reasons/origin better.....i still can't condone her actions!

She killed that Rumple apprentise girl!...i LOVE these characters don't get me wrong but as for endgame, do they deserve death or redemption?

She killed that Rumple apprentise girl!...i LOVE these characters don't get me wrong but as for endgame, do they deserve death or redemption?

Surely there's somewhere in between death and redemption ;)

Regina made her choices herself but the circumstances were manipulated. Still she made the choices. Now it seems like given the opportunities she's making the right choices, or at least giving her choices, and those they will impact on, some consideration.

Rumple/Gold on the other hand still seems like an extremely selfish character. All his actions seem to be for personal gain, he is still manipulating situations even though he doesn't really need to anymore. The more flashbacks of him we get the lower he goes in my opinions. Can't really see how he can be redeemed at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

She killed that Rumple apprentise girl!

Anyone else think Esmerelda when they saw her? I doubt it was her though

Mod Edit: Random links deleted. Please post some proper content (or at least explain what the bloody links are). Interviews? Spoilers? Give us a hint.

Anyone else think it's a bit of a stretch having Morrison play 18 year old Emma in the flash backs?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

I think it's a stretch having her play even 28 year old Emma! Don't think she can pull off 18. Lana Parrilla playing young Regina is pretty far fetched too, but I can look past that because I love her :)

Anyone else think it's a bit of a stretch having Morrison play 18 year old Emma in the flash backs?

Definitely but it's the same as Lana playing 19 year old Regina.

• Advertisement

Definitely but it's the same as Lana playing 19 year old Regina.

I didn't realise that's how young Regina was supposed to be in the her flashbacks! I suppose when they had a kid playing Snow White but still had Lana playing Regina I should have figured something wasn't quite right.

Mod Edit: Random links deleted. Please post some proper content (or at least explain what the bloody links are). Interviews? Spoilers? Give us a hint.

Not to question a mod but given the site names on the links I think it was pretty obvious what they were and anyone who posts regularly in the TV section would have recognised them.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I respectfully disagree. You have to either hover over the link to see what it is, or click it. What if the links were like this:

tvline.com/once-upon-a-time-morrison-to-leave-at-the-end-of-season-2
    tvline.com/carlyle-cast-in-new-pilot
    tvguide.com/once-upon-a-time-double-death-next-sunday

I know I wouldn't be too happy to find out this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Apart from some pretty shoddy cgi this episode was fab. And I didn't even miss Regina, which is a lot coming from me.
    Captain Hook is an absolute delight, and is it just me or does Jennifer Morrison have crazy chemistry with all her co stars? I ship her with everyone!
    So any guesses as to
    what was in the box August showed to Neal?
    Will Neal be coming to Storybrooke?
    Will we get more August/Emma interlinking flashbacks?
    And most importantly will Henry bite it before the season ends?

DeWitt wrote: »
    Apart from some pretty shoddy cgi this episode was fab. And I didn't even miss Regina, which is a lot coming from me.
    Captain Hook is an absolute delight, and is it just me or does Jennifer Morrison have crazy chemistry with all her co stars? I ship her with everyone!

God, I hate the CGI, I really do. It's like watching a Tim Burton movie. Is it really cheaper to use that much CGI rather than build a set or film on location?

I didn't miss the other characters either. I can't wait until they get back to SB though so then we don't have to have this week on/ week off thing with the different lands.
    So any guesses as to
    What's in the box? Gwyneth Paltrow's head.
    Will Neal come to Storybrooke? Probably. There was a lot of speculation that he was secretly a fairy tale character too, Baelfire mainly, but I don't think he is. Hope he's not.
    August/Emma - I'd like a bit more explaination as to how he ended up in the same home as her. How did he leave Storybrooke? I thought they couldn't leave. I assume he took the money Neal gave him for Emma too. Gambler?
    Will Henry bite it? - Fingers crossed. So annoying.

Other thoughts....
    Understandable, I guess, why Emma did what she did to Hook, but I do wonder how that'll come back to bite her on the backside. I like the idea of Hook not really being all that evil, but capable of it at the same time. Hope he gets to Storybrooke too.
    Why do Henry and Aurora share the same dream?
    What is the point of Mulan? Best warrior in all the land and yet she got taken out by a miffed Snow White?

Edit: Another thought...
    We didn't actually see Emma in Talahassee. We know she did go there and stay for 2 years, but we still don't know why. I wouldn't have thought she'd want to go considering she thought the guy left her. So I assume there'll be more flashbacks to that.

August/Emma - I'd like a bit more explaination as to how he ended up in the same home as her. How did he leave Storybrooke? I thought they couldn't leave.

Did you not see "The Stranger" last season? This was all revealed then. He was Pinnochio and came through the tree just before her - which was before the curse. He was the 7 year old boy who found her. He was never in Storybrooke as a child.

DeWitt wrote: »
    So any guesses as to

It's not just you. I ship her with EVERYONE. It's ridiculous.

Did you not see "The Stranger" last season? This was all revealed then. He was Pinnochio and came through the tree just before her - which was before the curse. He was the 7 year old boy who found her. He was never in Storybrooke as a child.

Ahhh, I only started watching this season and sort of skimmed through a lot of the episodes from last year. I thought it was something like that. So I assume that's how he was able to leave again after the curse was broken without losing his fairy tale memory again?

Ahhh, I only started watching this season and sort of skimmed through a lot of the episodes from last year. I thought it was something like that. So I assume that's how he was able to leave again after the curse was broken without losing his fairy tale memory again?

He might still be in Storybrooke. But he wasn't under the curse so yeah, he is like Emma. He can come and go as he pleases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm fairly confident Neal will show up in Storybrooke next week or the following, considering he was sent a postcard from there during the season premiere - remember that scene?
    I'm loving this season so far - think it has improved greatly since season 1 (which was awesome, but this one seems to have a lot more going on right off the bat).
    I actually enjoy the week on, week off thing, between Storybrooke and Emma/Snow - it worked well in LOST, and as a storytelling device it gives the writers much more to work with (it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't get back to Storybrooke until mid-season finale before Christmas or possibly even longer).

Advertisement