Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Visa Debit

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 froggus

Issued a replacement Laser card this morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

This announcement here seems to indicate the end of April.
    http://www.siliconrepublic.com/business/item/26576-spar-mace-xl-to-accept/

I know it's not an announcement from BoI themselves, but if BoI are the only bank with NFC visa debit cards (I don't know of other banks doing them anyway), then I would guess that BWG foods aren't going to pay to implement all the terminals even though BoI don't have the cards ready.

I'm assuming BoI would tell them if the cards are delayed, I'd be pissed off as a company if they got me to pay to put in the terminals and then have them sitting there useless for months.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

as some may have noticed Bank of ireland are now on Boards.ie

there saying june lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

Nowso wrote: »
    as some may have noticed Bank of ireland are now on Boards.ie

there saying june lol

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77921328&postcount=4

I also have a relation in the BOI Legal department and they have a visa debit on trial. Very complimentary and she mentioned if the trial goes well and no major bugs are found, they should start the roll out in about 10 weeks. Which would tie in some what to what they are saying on boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mannemarie

So it's going to be june before they even start?
    Meaning a lot of people won't get their cards until the end of the year. Really bad show for BOI, they announced this so long ago with so much hoo-haa, and now don't even have the decency to keep customers updated on the delay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Xeneon

My mother has one of these cards as she is BOI staff and part of a testing group for it.

Looks very nice and has the Contactless Technology built in. She told me they are aiming for release in June but you know BOI...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 VanHeusen

Haven't noticed that:

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/current-accounts/visa-debit-cards/visa-debit-competition/

"For your chance to win, all you need to do is use your Visa debit card, issued by Bank of Ireland, between 16th March 2012 and 18th May 2012 and complete the competition entry form below."

Doesn't seem there will be too many entries...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

On the Talk To BOI forum there's a person who's already received their Visa Debit card.

Those new pages mean it's finally on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

VanHeusen wrote: »
    Haven't noticed that:

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/current-accounts/visa-debit-cards/visa-debit-competition/

"For your chance to win, all you need to do is use your Visa debit card, issued by Bank of Ireland, between 16th March 2012 and 18th May 2012 and complete the competition entry form below."

Doesn't seem there will be too many entries...

On the actual entry form it asks for a visa Credit card number? Weird!

• Advertisement

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    On the actual entry form it asks for a visa Credit card number? Weird!

Right?

"Visa Debit Competition" and "all you need to do is use your Visa debit card, issued by Bank of Ireland"

and then

"Bank of Ireland Credit Card number" and "I'd like to win a trip to the London 2012 Olympic Games with my Bank of Ireland Visa Credit Card because..."

Seems BOI needs a proofreader. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

I was sent a new laser card last month as my old one had expired was just an ordinary laser card though

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

As the customer roll out appears to have began, we'll close off this thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement