Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

maebee wrote: »
    I've seen that clip dozens of times and it still shocks me to hear KM say "We have, in our own way, it might not be physically searching but we've been working really hard"

This is NOT the mother of an abducted child, imo. The Mother of an abducted child would be on her hands and knees day and night searching for her beautiful little daughter. She would not be able to stop herself from searching. They had a different agenda (Fund, Campaign, One Year anniversary, etc). They knew there was point in searching imo :mad:

Kate went completly off topic as well " We had such support from people and people have been so kind "" Thats not what she was asked at all , she guided the interview away from the damning question IMO .
    They both are good at that , leading the interview how they wanted it . Even on tthe Late Late when Ryan Tubridy asked a question ( in a senior moment I have forgetten the question !) Gerry answered " read the book if you want to know " Not exactly the words of a father who wants to know every minor detail from every one who can give it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭maebee

Anybody got any ideas as to what "The Wider Agenda" might be:

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp59/malena053/thewideragenda.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

lugha wrote: »
    Back on the sauce I see! :)
    Once again, the erroneous comparison and simplistic analysis. i.e. Many people do very bad things and can effortlessly disguise them. Therefore any person in any situation can project any emotion that suits their purpose equally effortlessly. :rolleyes:

Yeah, laughable is a good word here! (As is disturbing, I might have you sitting on a jury judging me some day :P)

:confused:

I have stated on several occasions in this thread, that I would not find the McCanns guilty in a court of law and even went so far as to say that anyone who would convict the McCanns on the available evidence is not fit to sit on a jury IMO.

Are you claiming that they should be found guilty? I find your thought processes baffling. Must be the sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mistyeyes321

I think if we're going to get Picky about people being ignored I have the same problem, It seem's to me sometimes what ever question's I ask are just ignored! Like they aren't important, Now maybe they arn't important or you don't see the relevence of them! To me though they are Question's I would apprieciate a answer too if at all possible, I see most on this thread as having alot more information than I do myself so I am bowing to your superior knowledge!
    It's seem's we're bogged down by the samething's day after day I didn't see it at first but now I do, we are going round in circles the same old question's the same old answer's!
    If anyone tries to move this thread on it seem's IMHO it is just side stepped or ridiculed...I think your all pretty amasing people by keeping this thread going for this Child I do wish sometimes both sides wasn't so intent of scoring point's off eachother!
    I know this won't be a Popular Opinion but still it's my opinion & i'm exspessing it...We all know & accept the Mcs should never have left them children alone along with their friends, It's IMO unforgivable & that little girl paid the ultimate price not anyone else!
    Amarel has a book out Kate Mccann has a book out Pat Brown has done a thesis you can all buy for two pounds off Amazon...Now forgive me is there anyone else making Money of the Back of this Child? I't sickens me it really really does yet here we all are still making our own point's & thinking they mean more than anyone elses! Has anyone ever given it a thought that just maybe if we all stopped fighting about who is right & wrong, We could just come up with something that might make a difference to finding this child! I have no younge children they're all grown up I do however have several Grandchildren of both sexes this doesn't make me anymore qualified as a Mother than it does any of use btw...Thank-You.

I think if we're going to get Picky about people being ignored I have the same problem, It seem's to me sometimes what ever question's I ask are just ignored! Like they aren't important, Now maybe they arn't important or you don't see the relevence of them! To me though they are Question's I would apprieciate a answer too if at all possible, I see most on this thread as having alot more information than I do myself so I am bowing to your superior knowledge!
    It's seem's we're bogged down by the samething's day after day I didn't see it at first but now I do, we are going round in circles the same old question's the same old answer's!
    If anyone tries to move this thread on it seem's IMHO it is just side stepped or ridiculed...I think your all pretty amasing people by keeping this thread going for this Child I do wish sometimes both sides wasn't so intent of scoring point's off eachother!
    I know this won't be a Popular Opinion but still it's my opinion & i'm exspessing it...We all know & accept the Mcs should never have left them children alone along with their friends, It's IMO unforgivable & that little girl paid the ultimate price not anyone else!
    Amarel has a book out Kate Mccann has a book out Pat Brown has done a thesis you can all buy for two pounds off Amazon...Now forgive me is there anyone else making Money of the Back of this Child? I't sickens me it really really does yet here we all are still making our own point's & thinking they mean more than anyone elses! Has anyone ever given it a thought that just maybe if we all stopped fighting about who is right & wrong, We could just come up with something that might make a difference to finding this child! I have no younge children they're all grown up I do however have several Grandchildren of both sexes this doesn't make me anymore qualified as a Mother than it does any of use btw...Thank-You.
    Well sais Misty . I agree that the point scoring is silly and tedious now ,.
    I wish we could help bring a little girl home , but more tuned in than us have failed . Its baffling and incredible that not one single bit of hard evidence has led them in any direction or any near to finding what happened to Madeleine .I wish we could help , I doubt we can .:(

• Advertisement

Anybody got any ideas as to what "The Wider Agenda" might be:

What on earth is that ? Looks like a lecture !?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 DerekWaters

Read the official police files they are available on-line...... Nobody profits from them if that is your main concern.

It's seems we're bogged down by the samething's day after day I didn't see it at first but now I do, we are going round in circles the same old question's the same old answer's!

I agree with you Misty about the same old questions and answers and that's why I tried to start a discussion, a few posts back, on something I haven't seen discussed in this thread i.e. Does anybody have any idea what the Wider Agenda might be.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    What on earth is that ? Looks like a lecture !?

It's Gerry McCann a few weeks after Madeleine's disappearance. I'd love to know what the"Wider Agenda" is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Hi Misty

The thing is, a lot of people do not believe Madeleine can be saved or found because she died back in 2007.

Obviously we all have different views. There are plenty of people that believe she was abducted - although not many on here that I have seen.

A lot of other people (myself included) want to see justice for Madeleine at this point and that means getting her parents to answer some questions about the time in Portugal.

• Advertisement

It's Gerry McCann a few weeks after Madeleine's disappearance. I'd love to know what the"Wider Agenda" is.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/864/thewideragenda.jpg/
    The Lord knows what the Wider Agenda is . I often find Gerry difficult to fathom , he speaks in riddles at times and is great for leading the conversation his way .

Read the official police files they are available on-line...... Nobody profits from them if that is your main concern.
    No it isn't my main concern I couldn't care less about Money tbh but it does seem to be a trend in the case of this Little girl, I do read the files when I can & am making progress may it be small.! I appologise i'm so slow...The point isn't money or lack there of, Its a child three years of age who has been let down by just about everyone IMHO. Now you might find that acceptable but I don't!. From the parents to the PJ to the British police in leistershire the Mccanns Friends....All have Failed this Child All of them!! We all have this case as a matter of interest for varying reason's, However I don't think there is a Person on this thread who doesn't want this child found! I don't care what side anyone believes that is the bottom line this Three year old child..

No it isn't my main concern I couldn't care less about Money tbh but it does seem to be a trend in the case of this Little girl, I do read the files when I can & am making progress may it be small.! I appologise i'm so slow...The point isn't money or lack there of, Its a child three years of age who has been let down by just about everyone IMHO. Now you might find that acceptable but I don't!. From the parents to the PJ to the British police in leistershire the Mccanns Friends....All have Failed this Child All of them!! We all have this case as a matter of interest for varying reason's, However I don't think there is a Person on this thread who doesn't want this child found! I don't care what side anyone believes that is the bottom line this Three year old child..

Well said Misty. I agree with every word you've said. It's truly heartbreaking :(

Hi Misty

The thing is, a lot of people do not believe Madeleine can be saved or found because she died back in 2007.

Obviously we all have different views. There are plenty of people that believe she was abducted - although not many on here that I have seen.

A lot of other people (myself included) want to see justice for Madeleine at this point and that means getting her parents to answer some questions about the time in Portugal.
    I know most feel she isn't alive & being honest here neither do I...As sad as that is I believe it to be true..Although in my Heart I wish like another
    poster put that she is with someone who just wanted to love her...That I know is a Fairytale & very unlikely to be true! I agree regarding justice for this child would be a amasing event & I know some are very passionate regarding this & thank god for them too..What I meant by finding this Child is to lay her to rest, bring her home, stop the lying, from both sides & also stop the people making money off the back of this child hasn't she suffered enough?!!

I agree with you Misty about the same old questions and answers and that's why I tried to start a discussion, a few posts back, on something I haven't seen discussed in this thread i.e. Does anybody have any idea what the Wider Agenda might be.

I can't read that Maebee even with my Magnifier on 400 what does it say? I can see it's Gerry Mc,!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭mw3guc

I really, really want to drag myself away from this thread and the whole horrible tragedy that is the disappearance of Madeleine. I thank every person who contibuted to it for their input and their time - it has all helped in my attempt to understand the scenario and the evidence that is out there.

Now, however, I just find myself too saddened to stay with it - I don't honestly believe that we will ever get to the bottom of it, one way or another. Like Mistyeyes has said, I think Madeleine is gone and will never be found. Too much time has passed and unless someone confesses or cracks I don't believe anything will bring justice or closure now.

There is an 'escalation of commitment' on behalf of those involved that is deeply entrenched now and will almost certainly prevent anyone from changing their tune or coming forth with new information. They have to live with their part in it all and the rest of us need to move on and stop torturing ourselves with something over which we can have no control in shaping.

As a mother and a grandmother I want to be able to enjoy my children and grandchildren without constantly seeing the sad wee eyes of Madeleine in their faces :( Is it just us women who can't stop ourselves from personalising these kinds of tragedies in this way? If so, for the very first time I wish I was a man! Just in case anyone is taking umbrage, I don't mean that men don't feel grief or empathy - just the personalisation of it to their own children.

mw3guc wrote: »
    I really, really want to drag myself away from this thread and the whole horrible tragedy that is the disappearance of Madeleine. I thank every person who contibuted to it for their input and their time - it has all helped in my attempt to understand the scenario and the evidence that is out there.

Now, however, I just find myself too saddened to stay with it - I don't honestly believe that we will ever get to the bottom of it, one way or another. Like Mistyeyes has said, I think Madeleine is gone and will never be found. Too much time has passed and unless someone confesses or cracks I don't believe anything will bring justice or closure now.

There is an 'escalation of commitment' on behalf of those involved that is deeply entrenched now and will almost certainly prevent anyone from changing their tune or coming forth with new information. They have to live with their part in it all and the rest of us need to move on and stop torturing ourselves with something over which we can have no control in shaping.

As a mother and a grandmother I want to be able to enjoy my children and grandchildren without constantly seeing the sad wee eyes of Madeleine in their faces :( Is it just us women who can't stop ourselves from personalising these kinds of tragedies in this way? If so, for the very first time I wish I was a man! Just in case anyone is taking umbrage, I don't mean that men don't feel grief or empathy - just the personalisation of it to their own children.
    A great post glad i'm not the only :eek:old boiler:eek: here No disrespect intended!.:)

A great post glad i'm not the only :eek:old boiler:eek: here No disrespect intended!.:)

Hmmmm, at what age does one become an old boiler? :p Not heard that one before (maybe I am still too young ;):p)

I also don't think we will find out what happened unless the McCanns are made answer the 'questions'. Until then they will continue to be in the media sporadically for a few years yet.

Hmmmm, at what age does one become an old boiler? :p Not heard that one before (maybe I am still too young ;):p)

I also don't think we will find out what happened unless the McCanns are made answer the 'questions'. Until then they will continue to be in the media sporadically for a few years yet.
    You know I don't know when it happened I know It snuck up on me, The Swine:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭mw3guc

Lol Misty :pac: - I wish I was a bit more 'hard-boiled' so that I could tune out more stories like this! I have a 4 year old grandaughter who was born shortly before Madeleine disappeared and I think that her being 4 now has made it worse - much more personalised for me as I watch this feisty little girl enjoying all that life has to offer - and her innocence. The thought of what Madeleine may have endured is unbearable :(
    All in all, maybe the idea of an accidental death - however it was dealt with - is a LOT easier than the alternative ...

• Advertisement

I can't read that Maebee even with my Magnifier on 400 what does it say? I can see it's Gerry Mc,!:o

Sorry Misty. I spent an hour trying to enlarge and post the pic here, with no success :( This is the guts of it.

Top heading: Summative Overview

Next Row: Investigation Fund Campaign

Bottom Row: The Wider Agenda

Hope that helps.

mw3guc wrote: »
    Lol Misty :pac: - I wish I was a bit more 'hard-boiled' so that I could tune out more stories like this! I have a 4 year old grandaughter who was born shortly before Madeleine disappeared and I think that her being 4 now has made it worse - much more personalised for me as I watch this feisty little girl enjoying all that life has to offer - and her innocence. The thought of what Madeleine may have endured is unbearable :(
    All in all, maybe the idea of an accidental death - however it was dealt with - is a LOT easier than the alternative ...
    I know what you mean , although my lot are long past four years old and now well grown its almost unbearable to think about little Madeleine .
    I became involved , if involved is the word , the day I walked past the apartment and saw the steps and the patio doors .It became real and not a TV programme and I sobbed .I think we can be de sensitized as we see so much on the news and we cant take it all in .But I saw it as a real little girl , and it made me so very sad for her . Both my husband and I found ourselves looking in ditches and scrubland as we passed it , silly I know a year later to think we would find her but you just do .
    I just hope Madeleine wasnt long suffering and she is at peace .

Oh and another creaking old boiler here .,

Sorry Misty. I spent an hour trying to enlarge and post the pic here, with no success :( This is the guts of it.

Hope that helps.

Basically saying nothing then !

Hope that helps.

Oh Maebee how lovely of you to take the time it is so very much Appreciated Thank-You so much from my heart.!

I really don't have a clue what all this mean's Maebee?! Perhap's he was doing it for a Class he had? Or could it have something to do with him attending the Ceop meeting?! While your here Maebee perhaps you could answer something for me.! I read somewhere that near the Mcs Apartment there was a Empty apartment! I only ask for one reason most assume that with the Timeline it would be near impossible for a abductor to have struck, Or on the other hand, Not enough time for the Mcs to have hidden the Body...Could this apartment have been a simple solution In your Opinion of course? & if this Apartment did exist was it checked by the PJ & the British Dogs?!

Oh Maebee how lovely of you to take the time it is so very much Appreciated Thank-You so much from my heart.!

I really don't have a clue what all this mean's Maebee?! Perhap's he was doing it for a Class he had? Or could it have something to do with him attending the Ceop meeting?! While your here Maebee perhaps you could answer something for me.! I read somewhere that near the Mcs Apartment there was a Empty apartment! I only ask for one reason most assume that with the Timeline it would be near impossible for a abductor to have struck, Or on the other hand, Not enough time for the Mcs to have hidden the Body...Could this apartment have been a simple solution In your Opinion of course? & if this Apartment did exist was it checked by the PJ & the British Dogs?!

Here Misty is the report of an empty apartment ,I dont know if it was checked but I am sure it must have been
    http://steelmagnolia-mccannarchives.blogspot.com/2010/10/british-witnesses-we-saw-two-blond-men.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,925 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The big dumpster bins around apartments etc. are sometimes emptied at night in Spain and Portugal.

Just saying like. Gerry could have put her in there after the Irish family saw him. By the time it was all discovered. Whoosh. Gone. For ever. Sadly.

Oh God, I've been reading this thread for so long, I had to put a theory out there!!

Hi Misty

I found this site really good for facts... pretty much everything is there and discussed - most posters seem to be anti-mccann though, just so you know.

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

The big dumpster bins around apartments etc. are sometimes emptied at night in Spain and Portugal.

Just saying like. Gerry could have put her in there after the Irish family saw him. By the time it was all discovered. Whoosh. Gone. For ever. Sadly.

Oh God, I've been reading this thread for so long, I had to put a theory out there!!
    Yes you are right and we noticed them in Praia da Luz clanking around emptying bins late at night and very early in the morning .

I really don't have a clue what all this mean's Maebee?! Perhap's he was doing it for a Class he had? Or could it have something to do with him attending the Ceop meeting?!

No Misty, it's from June 2007 and related to the Campaign:

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id1.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,925 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Yes you are right and we noticed them in Praia da Luz clanking around emptying bins late at night and very early in the morning .

And I think Gerry didn't tell Kate what happened either. :D

He discovered the poor child was dead on his "watch", and covered it up. Kate was a stooge, not knowing what he had done. He is the boss.

Sorry, I am punch drunk with all this tonight for some reason. Don't mean to offend. But my theory is as valid as the Mc Cann's abduction theory, for that is what it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement