Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Team McCann on here are acting the same as Gerry and Kate when the difficult questions are raised -- avoid the question act outraged and slander those with differing opinions.

The hotel staff, the PJ, the local police, the state agencies,' the briitish police, the dogs, the dog handlers, the media and many others have all come under attack by the McCanns.

When asked what evidence points to an abduction they say "there is a missing child" and "we know more than you do".

LOL. So true... I am still waiting for someone that believes that madeleine was abducted to comment on the video of the parents not searching.

I must have mentioned it 5 times by now and nada feedback.

If you are thinking logically and with an open mind, it is not easy to dismiss so many inconsistencies. Of course I don't know exactly what happened but I have the wisdom to see that that many inconsistencies point to untruths. The fact the parents refuse to accept any scenario but their own version is telling.

The fact is, re the abduction, they actually weren't there and they don't know. Saying they do is just b*llsh*t to give their 'story' credibility. It is not fact - it is nothing. Same with Jane tanner who changed her story how many times????

The whole thing is ridiculous and I hope this all starts to come undone soon.

The McCanns need to answer the questions. And why, if they are so innocent of anything are they so unwilling to clear their names?

They are vilified the world over, all over the net and yet they refuse to do a simple lie detector test that would clear them and give them some semblance of peace and normality to their lives. Why would you continue to have your name slammed everywhere. Why have it all there for your children to one day see?

Guilty of something... and they know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭maebee

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    the fact that the posters who claim to have Madeleines best interest at heart are savagely tearing her mothers appearance to shreds like the evil bitter fishwives that they are should be overlooked in favour of, well...i cant think of anything at the moment...but Im sure maebee, who has almost 1000 posts there to date, will jump in any minute to defend them....

A disingenuous post Mrs. Byrne. Firstly, I have 281 posts there, not 1000. Go to the Memberlist and you will see:

maebee 2009-09-05 Today at 9:38 281

Secondly, you unfairly selected one thread out of thousands of very informative ones. It's a pity you didn't note that I did not post in that thread and if you care to have a trawl through all of my 281 posts, you will not find one bitter fishwife post from me. As recently as last week I posted:

Tin hat on here but I don't find it funny at all. Maybe it's just me but I have no interest in slagging the McCanns. I prefer to focus on the lies they have told about their missing daughter. I'm only interested in getting justice for her. I don't think that slagging them does Madeleine's cause any favours. Just my tuppenceworth.

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t15667-still-makes-me-laugh-after-2-years

Thirdly, as you can see from the above, I do not defend slagging the McCanns. It does no good in the search for justice for Madeleine.

Well said maebee :)

I have seen quite a few threads on that other site and the worst I have seen Kate and Gerry called is the Gruesome Twosome (and I actually agree with that).

To try and say the whole site is full of bitter fishwifeves is RIDICULOUS.
    I think you made yourself look a tad silly and alarmist there, mrsbyrne.

There are always going to be sickos on the internet, but the VAST MAJORITY of threads on that site are well argued and well informed. I'm sure it must grate if you believe kate and Gerry have notheing to hide.

Maybe it would be best if you stayed away from it if it upsets you so much, mrsbyrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

I have always believed that Madeline was abducted, I never ever thought that her parents were involved in any way. Having said that I have always struggled to understand the Mccanns behaviour. Gerry Mccann in particular comes across as a cold character and Kate Mccann speaks as though this is something that has happened to someones elses child not her own.
    I cant understand how after Madeline going missing that they left their other children in a creche with strangers to be minded, surely if one of your children was missing you would not let the others out of your sight or at the very minimum have them minded by someone you trusted 100%? I cant come to terms that anyone let alone people in the caring vocation could go out on holidays and leave their young children alone. How does someone fall into that mind set? Was the needs of the adults to have a night out so important that it didnt matter if the children woke while they were gone and became upset? I have all these doubts about the Mccanns and yet I still struggle to believe that they are hiding something. I find it hard to believe that they would be able to convince all of their friends to go along with such a huge cover up, surely among them their would have been one person who would have spoken up and said that it wasnt right? Surely someone would have insisted that Madeline deserved a proper burial and not be disposed of like garbage? These were your normal law abiding people its hard to believe that all of them would suddenly turn into the sort who would go along with covering up a manslaughter.

Anyone else think it is strange that the McCanns will tell all and sundry that they were not getting enough support from the PJ and yet if they had actually answered the questions then that whole involvement theory could have been parked and the PJ could have focused solely on an abduction.

They hampered their own search for their daughter from the very start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Is it not against the T+Cs to cast aspertions and make comments about another poster ? Who posts elesewhere is non of our business and in fact is against the rules I imagine to link that .Posters post here and where else they post is private and I dont think the Mods would take kindly to anyone pointing the board in the direction of another forum and who posts there .
    I enjoy my privacy and would in fact report any poster who announced where else I post and thus maybe leading to my privacy being invaded .

These were your normal law abiding people its hard to believe that all of them would suddenly turn into the sort who would go along with covering up a manslaughter.

I know... it is so strange.

I don't believe that all the others know exactly what happened. I believe a few do and I believe Jane Tanner gave fake evidence of a sighting to help the theory.

There is a lot of information out there about deleted phone calls and messages between the group. It's all very strange.

I don't know of a single parent that would leave their children on their own where anything could happen to them. Add to the mix these were health professionals that were well aware of accidents and things that could go wrong... god only knows what those people are like. They are all strange, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I'm feeling awful, reading some of the judgements levelled at the McCanns over the last few posts.

My God, if these people are innocent....some of the accusations about how unattatched they were to their daughter makes for truly horrible reading.

Spanish Eyes, that theory you put forward about Gerry McCann dumping his daughter's dead body in a bin and then calmly going back down to dinner has made my stomach churn. It's not like I haven't heard similar theories bandied about in the thread before, but the matter-of-fact way in which you described the way in which you feel Gerry acted towards his daughter that night has really upset me.

I don't care if I'm in the minority, or if people think I'm naive or stupid or blind, the thought of any perfectly normal, loving father doing what you suggested in the timeline suggested and in the manner you suggested holds absolutely no water for me whatsoever.

I'm sorry, even it means being ridiculed by people who believe the McCanns were complicit in their daughter's disappearance, I don't care. The thought of that scenario and people buying into it, makes me feel even more sorry for Madeleine (if that were possible) because it would mean that people really believe the poor little pet was never loved by her father at all.

Well said Dark Crystal and my sentiments exactly.

It is actually worrying to read some of theories on here because it makes me think some people would actually be upset if it was proved it wasn't Kate and Gerry who killed Madeleine. I get the impression they want these two parents to be killers/guilty of a cover-up.

Which is a little disturbing tbh.

IMO all the supposed 'damning' evidence is only damning and suspicous if you let be so and want it to be so. People want the McCanns to guilty so badly they start to see anything and everything as suspicious when it really isn't.
    mrsbyrne wrote: »
    Its hard to reply when your banned. Only posters who toe the "we hate the mccanns " line are allowed on now. There used to be the odd civilized person there to make an argument but the "respected" posters saw to it that they were all run out of town. i mean they wouldn't like it if something like actual facts were brought into the discussion now, would they? Sorry for for bringing it to your attention, but i sense this thread plunging inexorably in that direction, and you really need to know what your dealing with here. Nite now.

Mrsbyrne, yet another person I completely agree with.

It is a shame because this was an interesting thread to begin with but now it is all about sniping and sneering and slander.

I truely hope it doesn't go that far downhill because all discussions should be fair and balanced imo.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Is it not against the T+Cs to cast aspertions and make comments about another poster ? Who posts elesewhere is non of our business and in fact is against the rules I imagine to link that .Posters post here and where else they post is private and I dont think the Mods would take kindly to anyone pointing the board in the direction of another forum and who posts there .
    I enjoy my privacy and would in fact report any poster who announced where else I post and thus maybe leading to my privacy being invaded .

Thank you iamwhoiam. I don't know if it is against the T&Cs but it should be when the comments are incorrect. I have no problem in anyone stating that I am a member of any other forum because I have never made rude or offensive posts on any site, ever. It appears that Mrs. Byrne is on a personal witch hunt against me. I believe her time would be better spent researching the case, beginning with watching the clip posted by sunflower a few pages back, which shows the parents of an "abducted" child, admit they never searched for her.

Audrey I think a common setiment on the thread is that people would like to see justice for a little girl . Who ever did harm to her needs to be off the streets .Who it is I dont know and I am not at all interested in it being one person or another as long as its the right person .
    The tit for tat and slagging the opposition is getting very tedious and gains nothing for a little girl
    We all have opinions and all can voice them and all opinions are valid .

• Advertisement

I simply want to know what happened. Why would anyone here be happy to see the McCanns vindicated? The McCanns could do that themselves in a heartbeat if they answered the questions :)

If we are talking about sniping, Audrey, maybe people shouldn't be revealing other people's posts on other sites, no?

There is no need for that at all.

maebee wrote: »
    Thank you iamwhoiam. I don't know if it is against the T&Cs but it should be when the comments are incorrect. I have no problem in anyone stating that I am a member of any other forum because I have never made rude or offensive posts on any site, ever. It appears that Mrs. Byrne is on a personal witch hunt against me. I believe her time would be better spent researching the case, beginning with watching the clip posted by sunflower a few pages back, which shows the parents of an "abducted" child, admit they never searched for her.
    yes maebee you are right and you have nothing to be ashamed of .But my opinion is that this board remains this board and that posters should not be breaking the rule and guiding others to another posters use of other forums .I would be fuming if anyone led posters from boards.ie to others forums I post on . Here I am unknown , others forums I am more open and could be identified . That would bother me greatly if the two were linked . Not because I am ashamed of anything i post but simply because its no one elses business .

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

As the other slurs haven't worked now the last straw is to post about other sites.

There are mods on this site, report a post if you've a problem with a post, otherwise the thread will get locked, nobody wants that now.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I'm feeling awful, reading some of the judgements levelled at the McCanns over the last few posts.

My God, if these people are innocent....some of the accusations about how unattatched they were to their daughter makes for truly horrible reading.

Spanish Eyes, that theory you put forward about Gerry McCann dumping his daughter's dead body in a bin and then calmly going back down to dinner has made my stomach churn. It's not like I haven't heard similar theories bandied about in the thread before, but the matter-of-fact way in which you described the way in which you feel Gerry acted towards his daughter that night has really upset me.

I don't care if I'm in the minority, or if people think I'm naive or stupid or blind, the thought of any perfectly normal, loving father doing what you suggested in the timeline suggested and in the manner you suggested holds absolutely no water for me whatsoever.

I'm sorry, even it means being ridiculed by people who believe the McCanns were complicit in their daughter's disappearance, I don't care. The thought of that scenario and people buying into it, makes me feel even more sorry for Madeleine (if that were possible) because it would mean that people really believe the poor little pet was never loved by her father at all.
    I know... it is so strange.

I don't believe that all the others know exactly what happened. I believe a few do and I believe Jane Tanner gave fake evidence of a sighting to help the theory.

There is a lot of information out there about deleted phone calls and messages between the group. It's all very strange.

I don't know of a single parent that would leave their children on their own where anything could happen to them. Add to the mix these were health professionals that were well aware of accidents and things that could go wrong... god only knows what those people are like. They are all strange, IMO.

Dark crystal I agree with you completely, I find it so hard to believe that any single loving parent would be able to carry out such an act, let alone that the other parent and a number of family friends, who having known the child would be able to take part in the cover up. Having said that there is very little in the Mccanns behaviour that I can understand.
    Sunflower I agree the behaviour of that group of people was so strange I think you would find it hard pressed to find one couple who would behave as they did let alone numerous couples, the mind boggles.

Audrey I think a common setiment on the thread is that people would like to see justice for a little girl . Who ever did harm to her needs to be off the streets .Who it is I dont know and I am not at all interested in it being one person or another as long as its the right person .
    The tit for tat and slagging the opposition is getting very tedious and gains nothing for a little girl
    We all have opinions and all can voice them and all opinions are valid

You see I believed at the start that's what people want but to be honest it's turned into an anti-McCann witch-hunt and I just feel that whether they are innocent or not people want them behind bars.

It's become an I'm-right-and-you're-wrong thing now.

You see I believed at the start that's what people want but to be honest it's turned into an anti-McCann witch-hunt and I just feel that whether they are innocent or not people want them behind bars.

Some posts maybe so , from all sides in fact . But mostly I think people are so dissapointed to realize that it most likely will never be solved and that Madeleine will have peace .

If we are talking about sniping, Audrey, maybe people shouldn't be revealing other people's posts on other sites, no?

There is no need for that at all.

I don't know if you are refering to me but I certainly didn't do any such thing.

And I am not getting involved in any dispute you are having with another poster.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Some posts maybe so , from all sides in fact . But mostly I think people are so dissapointed to realize that it most likely will never be solved and that Madeleine will have peace .

I wish I could believe it was so simple, I really do.

I personally would never claim to know for sure though I do believe there was an abductor, and it certainly breaks my heart that the poor little one might never be found.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

LOL. So true... I am still waiting for someone that believes that madeleine was abducted to comment on the video of the parents not searching.

I must have mentioned it 5 times by now and nada feedback.
    I have commented several times on the issue of the parents not searching. Your argument essentially is that declining to search is not what you would expect from parents who were innocent, therefore this suggests that they are guilty. The difficulty with this is that you can equally argue that declining to search is also not what you would expect from parents who were involved in her disappearance and would surely be anxious to avert suspicion. Either way it is strange that the parents did not search.

Those who are biased against the McCanns will insist on looking at it only as you do. Those who are biased in favour of the McCanns would insist it is absolutely not the behaviour of guilty people and cite it as evidence of their innocence. (I say would, as I don't think anyone on the McCann side here has said that). Those who are unbiased will appreciate that it is difficult to draw any conclusions one way or the other.

As I said, I have made this point on several occasions. The only rebuttal that I can recall suggested that the parents did not look because they knew there was no point! Thus the case against them essentially is based on what you might reasonably expect people to do in a particular scenario (i.e. search for their missing child) but we must ignore the fact that they had to simultaneously behave very unreasonably by refusing to take part in a fake search for the purpose of deflecting suspicion! If you could set your prejudice aside for a moment I think you would appreciate the clear cut evidence against the McCanns that you suggest it is.

The fact the parents refuse to accept any scenario but their own version is telling.
    This also has been addressed before. The McCanns, uniquely, know what happened. They know with 100% certainty whether they were involved or not. So they, uniquely amongst all the players and observers in this saga, can actually completely rule out that the McCanns are involved. Do you expect them to say "we are fairly sure there was an abduction, but we are not ruling out that we were involved"?
    Guilty of something... and they know it.

This fallacy has also being addressed. I cannot see how the McCanns can be guilty of something? They are either covering up the death of their daughter or they are not. They cannot be a little bit guilty any more than they someone can be a little bit pregnant. Completely innocent or absolutely guilty. In relation to the question as to whether they were involved in Madeleine's disappearance I cannot see how there can be any middle ground.

Is mise astra - God yeah, strange doesn't half cover it.

So many things don't add up which is why I do not believe this is as simple as someone abducting a little girl. Like many people, I believe she died in the apartment and I believe her parents are covering something (I believe it is sedation). Apart from that I am as baffled as everyone.

You have to remember that if it was discovered that all children were being routinely sedated, then that would ruin all their professional careers.

I know a lot of people have said 'but wouldn't you just come clean'. Most certainly yes, in most circumstances.

Likewise, wouldn't you expected parents of a missing little girl to be out looking for her? Well, obviously yes. The McCanns did not search for their child and have admitted that.

Did they stay out of sight that night to grieve madeleine's death? I believe so :(

• Advertisement

Well said Dark Crystal and my sentiments exactly.

It is actually worrying to read some of theories on here because it makes me think some people would actually be upset if it was proved it wasn't Kate and Gerry who killed Madeleine. I get the impression they want these two parents to be killers/guilty of a cover-up.

IMO all the supposed 'damning' evidence is only damning and suspicous if you let be so and want it to be so. People want the McCanns to guilty so badly they start to see anything and everything as suspicious when it really isn't.

Mrsbyrne, yet another person I completely agree with.

It is a shame because this was an interesting thread to begin with but now it is all about sniping and sneering and slander.

I truely hope it doesn't go that far downhill because all discussions should be fair and balanced imo.

Like you Audrey I find it hard to believe that parents would ever be involved in such a cover up,for 4 years I have believed their version of events however I struggle to understand how they left their kids on their own, not just once but on numerous occassions, how they could leave the twins in a crech with strangers if they believed Madeline had been abducted, how they didnt go out looking for their daughter themselves, how they have never blamed themselves and admitted full responsibility for leaving their children in a vunerable position. Do you have any theories on this behaviour personally I would love to hear something plausable because the alternative is so shocking it makes me feel sick.

Lugha - I am not being rude, but I am not going to comment again on all your posts as we have covered everything before.

Just so you know I am not ignoring you - it is just that I stand by everything I have said before and really am loathe to repeat it all again, so won't. :)

ETA: Just to clarify, when I said 'guilty of something' I am referring to the way Madeleine died (was it overdose of sedatives or accident after sedatives?). I am in no doubt they are covering up her death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

After 100 pages of circles, you still reckon posters here want that to be the story? Who here has ever wished any harm on her? Can you point out one post that says that someone wishes any harm whatsoever on her? People have a problem with the parents, but that is their own doing.

I am merely trying to make sense of it all. The parents are a massive part of it. Just like this thread, the investigation took many turns, and a lot of those turns led back to the parents.

If it was proved today that they had nothing to do with it, I would be happy for them. I would have nothing to be sorry for though, because all roads lead to them in some way. It is reasonable to assume they know more than they are letting on.

Like you Audrey I find it hard to believe that parents would ever be involved in such a cover up,for 4 years I have believed their version of events however I struggle to understand how they left their kids on their own, not just once but on numerous occassions, how they could leave the twins in a crech with strangers if they believed Madeline had been abducted, how they didnt go out looking for their daughter themselves, how they have never blamed themselves and admitted full responsibility for leaving their children in a vunerable position. Do you have any theories on this behaviour personally I would love to hear something plausable because the alternative is so shocking it makes me feel sick.

Well re the responsibility thing I posted a few pages back a quote from Kate's book where she admits they gave the abdcutor the oppertunity to take Madeleine, that they failed her. And she repeats regularly that they feel regret and guilt all the time and will always do so.

Re the leaving the children alone and so forth, I don't know although Kate herself admits that they allowed the twins to continue the Creche so as to keep things normal for them.

Yes their behaviour is odd but then not being in their situation I am not going to judge them or say it is enough to hang them because I really don't know what they were going through.

lugha wrote: »
    I

This also has been addressed before. The McCanns, uniquely, know what happened. They know with 100% certainty whether they were involved or not. So they, uniquely amongst all the players and observers in this saga, can actually completely rule out that the McCanns are involved. Do you expect them to say "we are fairly sure there was an abduction, but we are not ruling out that we were involved"?

But they do not know if Madeleine wandered out and are completly dismissive of that , they cannot uniquely know that .I know Kate has said Madeleine couldnt open the patio door .But are they 100 % sure and so positive that it was shut completely .I have patio doors that if not complety making contact the cat could push it .We check them over and over to be sure they have made contact ,.My brother had an incidence recently with his own grandchild , aged 22 months , opening their patio doors .They would have sworn the day before that she could not even attempt it , and were horrified to find her looking in from outside with a huge grin on her face
    To dismiss outright that Madeleine could have wandered off is a little daft IMO .She may well have went to find her Mummy and an opportunistic crime happened .Its not helpful to Madeleine to dismiss outright other scenarios .,

After 100 pages of circles, you still reckon posters here want that to be the story? Who here has ever wished any harm on her? Can you point out one post that says that someone wishes any harm whatsoever on her? People have a problem with the parents, but that is their own doing.

I am merely trying to make sense of it all. The parents are a massive part of it. Just like this thread, the investigation took many turns, and a lot of those turns led back to the parents.

If it was proved today that they had nothing to do with it, I would be happy for them. I would have nothing to be sorry for though, because all roads lead to them in some way. It is reasonable to assume they know more than they are letting on.

I'm not saying anyone is wishing harm on Madeleine, more that if she has been harmed I just feel they want her parents to have been responsible rather than a stranger.

I don't want to be thinking like this, I really don't. But I can't help it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭DexyDrain

Ok, I will put my cards on the table, so to speak. No, I certainly do not want to see them behind bars, even though I feel they seriously abandoned their duty of care for the children and left them open to whatever actually did happen and anything that actually could have happened. I think putting them in prison would be catastrophic for the twins.

Unless of course it was proven that she died through malice or intent, in that case the cost to society of allowing the perpetrators to avoid justice and scrutiny in any such case through manipulative solicitation of sympathy and a massive warchest of money for legal intimidation of those who question your actions, is just too high. And it puts too many children in danger.

I think people need to understand that children cannot defend themselves or provide for their own safety. These are the terms and conditions of being a parent. If you don't take that responsibility seriously enough to admit neglect (Mrs. Fenn's statement taken into account) but instead try and justify it and normalise it, then you really have to be prepared for what reaction that produces.

In this particular case, it is not simply a matter of punishment that concerns me. It is the cost to the community in that tourist village, the millions donated and spent by such kind hearted people, the sheer effort and personal cost to those who searched, the reputations ruined, the damage done to the investigative and legal justice system. These people really do owe it to everyone so affected to answer the questions put to them, do the god damn reconstruction and re-open the only legal, legitimate inquiry into what happened to Madeleine.

Well re the responsibility thing I posted a few pages back a quote from Kate's book where she admits they gave the abdcutor the oppertunity to take Madeleine, that they failed her. And she repeats regularly that they feel regret and guilt all the time and will always do so.

Re the leaving the children alone and so forth, I don't know although Kate herself admits that they allowed the twins to continue the Creche so as to keep things normal for them.

Yes their behaviour is odd but then not being in their situation I am not going to judge them or say it is enough to hang them because I really don't know what they were going through.

I agree that it is impossible to know how any of us would behave were we god forbid in theMcanns shoes, but there is so much about their behaviour I cant understand if it was just one thing then that would be grand, but I will never ever be able to get my head around the fact that they left their kids alone regularly, the lack of tears and emotion, leaving the kids in a crech with strangers when their sibling is missing, how would you trust anyone but yourselves to mind them? Sadly it doesnt add up to me, but neither does the cover up senario either.

I'm not saying anyone is wishing harm on Madeleine, more that if she has been harmed I just feel they want her parents to have been responsible rather than a stranger.

I don't want to be thinking like this, I really don't. But I can't help it.

Well, I for one would like whoever is responsible for Madeleine's death to be prosecuted.

Saying you think people want her parents to be responsible is in your head as I have seen no indication anywhere of anyone saying the parents should be done for Madeleine's murder id they are innocent.

This all sounds like a veiled attempt at trying to make the people that believe the McCanns covered up their daughter's death out to be vindictive/hate-filled.

• Advertisement

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/254636/At-last-sad-Kate-McCann-can-smile-again

AT LAST, SAD KATE MCCANN CAN SMILE AGAIN

Kate and Gerry McCann ay they have new hope that she will be found
    Friday June 24,2011
    By Daily Express Reporter FOR once, grieving Kate McCann can find something to smile about. So often pictured as a sad, withdrawn figure, she and husband Gerry burst into laughter as they promoted her book about their lost daughter Madeleine.

The couple were in Amsterdam to launch the Dutch edition of the book which they hope will help to boost the search for Madeleine across Europe.

The heart-rending memoir has already topped the best-seller list in Britain and Australia, and hundreds of thousands of copies have flown off the shelves.

A spokesman for publishers Transworld said: “We hope it will reach number one across Europe and that somebody with important information will read it and be moved to come forward.”

Copies have been snapped up in Portugal, where Madeleine, then three, went missing from a seaside resort on the Algarve during a family holiday in 2007. The McCanns, both 43, from Rothley, Leics, have been given a boost by the amount which the book has raised towards their fund to back the continuing search for their daughter.

They say they have new hope that she will be found after Scotland Yard agreed to review the investigation into her disappearance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement