Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Revelations.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Ah crap. I'm almost certain I wont be getting this today. Wont be here in an hour's time and the courier hasn't arrived. Wont be here tomorrow since I'll be out of the country. :( Anyone know how it works with Nightline if they cant deliver it? Will they hold it until I am here to sign for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ah crap. I'm almost certain I wont be getting this today. Wont be here in an hour's time and the courier hasn't arrived. Wont be here tomorrow since I'll be out of the country. :( Anyone know how it works with Nightline if they cant deliver it? Will they hold it until I am here to sign for it?

I've got mine delivered to work around 11ish. Hope you get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

My Animus edition just arrived anyway! Unfortunately probably won't get to play it till Thursday 'cause I'm busyish, and also...Skyrim. Don't know why my brain didn't stop me ordering so many games around my busiest week in a long while. Also have Uncharted 3 to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Picked up my Animus Edition on the way to work today. It's just sitting here on my desk taunting me cause it knows I have to worktime tonight, nooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sickened!! Called HMV this morning and booked the last Collectors edition they had. Was gonna call in after work and they ring me back saying it was a mistake and they don't have any left. I was looking forward to the collectors edition and all. Anyone know anywhere else selling it in Limerick and how much? It was 62.99 in HMV.

• Advertisement

Well for anyone else interested, I rang around and got the low down on the collectors edition. I booked the last one in extravision for 60 quid

Game didn't know if they had it, they said they had some edition for 74 euro.
    Gamestop only have Standard and Animus edition.
    Smyths is sold out of collectors in limerick but cost 59 euro
    Xtravision have the collectors for 60 euro
    HMV have collectors ed for 62.99 but sold out in limerick

edit: Anyone can confirm how AC 1 works on PS3? Is it a seperate disk or a download voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Well for anyone else interested, I rang around and got the low down on the collectors edition. I booked the last one in extravision for 60 quid

Game didn't know if they had it, they said they had some edition for 74 euro.
    Gamestop only have Standard and Animus edition.
    Smyths is sold out of collectors in limerick but cost 59 euro
    Xtravision have the collectors for 60 euro
    HMV have collectors ed for 62.99 but sold out in limerick

edit: Anyone can confirm how AC 1 works on PS3? Is it a seperate disk or a download voucher?

I picked up the Standard Edition on PS3 in Game Limerick this morning for 99c + Batman AC. Sticker price was 49.99 There was another version there for 54.99 with a soundtrack and some other stuff but I wasn't interested in that.

There is a voucher code for access to AC 1 + 30% off ACII and ACB

The original Assassins Creed is simply on the disk.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Right, so after playing this solid since i posted this morning, i can safely say it's Assassins Creed perfection all over again. I'm only onto the second DNA sequence and i'm getting overwhelmed by the amount to do. It's a struggle to keep up.

The gameplay seems faster, and it's definitely harder than any of the previous games, if it wasn't for the abundant amount of health potions i would have died alot (damn pikemen surrounding me!).

The new additions are cool, but the Den Defense is going to take a bit of getting used to. Just lost a Den and retook it, and had to take a break to get food! And i know i've only just scratched the surface.

For anyone who has the Vlad Prison download, don't do it straight away, the reward makes some weapons that you would normally buy redundant.

Also, for anyone else that's currently playing the game, in relation to the first mission you send an assassin out to do by himself,
    has he come back yet?!? My lad is easily gone for the last hour i'd say, the mission is something to do with a prince in Busla (or something like that, the first B in the list) and it has no completion time! And he's not dead.

Anyway, so far so great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Should hopefully be picking this up tomorrow. Can't wait to get cracking on it. If it's anything like it's predecessors I'll be awake until some stupid hour of the morning thinking "Ah I'll just do one more mission.....then maybe another" :pac:

• Advertisement

For anyone who has the Vlad Prison download, don't do it straight away, the reward makes some weapons that you would normally buy redundant.

For some reason I thought this was coming with the Gamestop pre-order, but there wasn't. :( Will have to get it though, it sounds good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Really enjoying the multiplayer, took a break from skyrim today want to finsh that or at least make progress in before I get into the story of AC:R.

But the multiplayer is just good old fashioned fun.

For some reason I thought this was coming with the Gamestop pre-order, but there wasn't. :( Will have to get it though, it sounds good.

I wouldn't pay too much for it, the challenge is to beat it in
    minutes (not very long!). It's the same as getting the keys for that armor in Brotherhood. Aside from the prize, it's nothing special. Should be released as free DLC in a couple of months imo.

Ah hurry up Bacon and be cooked, i want to get back to it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

The encyclopaedia in the Animus edition is great. Really detailed. Loads of reading in it. Chuffed I got it now. Really well put together.

The collectors edition is savage well worth the extra tenner. The box is well class the way you open it with the assassin symbol

Bollox!! My vlad the impaler and MP character dlc code won't work. I entered it into redeem codes and it brought me to a blank PSN page with just circle as an option to exit it. I entered the code again and it said it was used. Off to Ubisoft I go before I even play them game. This happen to anyone else?

The original Assassins Creed is simply on the disk.
    My Animus edition arrived while I was out. Got dropped with the neighbours. Fantastic set all in all. Really pleased with it.
    I've got a flight and a couple of hour long bus rides to do tomorrow. It's either gonna a book on the Templars or the Encyclopaedia that's gonna be making the flight with me. Hmmm.

Dont really have time to get into it before I go away but I'm certainly gonna get into it come Monday. Play through the single player first, maybe dabble in the multiplayer for a change of pace and then really get stuck into the multiplayer when the single player's finished with.

Can anyone confrim if they have streamlined the matchmaking for the game? In brotherhood, when ever you went to play the multiplayer they threw you into an empty lobby, said it was looking for player and then after 40 seconds of waiting proceeded to leave that lobby and eventually find one for you with actual players in ti. Does it still do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

I love the way that when you pause the game or open the map, its not a bright white screen anymore, its a black screen. On previous games it was like looking into the sun!!!
    Especially when its 3AM and you havent seen real sunlight in 4 days! Nice touch.

The tower defense is a bit of a pain. Im not sure what going on half the time i keep building barricads and they get knocked down so fast, I presume i need to have an assassin leader on the roof before I can put other troops on the roof?

Oh, and wake me up when Desmond is off the screen.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Bollox!! My vlad the impaler and MP character dlc code won't work. I entered it into redeem codes and it brought me to a blank PSN page with just circle as an option to exit it. I entered the code again and it said it was used. Off to Ubisoft I go before I even play them game. This happen to anyone else?
    Yeah Sheehy. I tried using the code before I even loaded up the game. I ahvent tried using it again, but it's not showing up in my downloads on the PSN store either. Didn't download anything either. I'll try and put it in again and see what it says. brb

Ah, I dont know what happened really. Now it's saying it isnt valid on the PSN store. I assume I've to put it in while the game is running from a menu on the game?

When I did put it in on the PSN store it said the DLC was for the Animus edition but didnt download anything. Oh well, I'll sort it out later in the week.

• Advertisement

Ah, I dont know what happened really. Now it's saying it isnt valid on the PSN store. I assume I've to put it in while the game is running from a menu on the game?

When I did put it in on the PSN store it said the DLC was for the Animus edition but didnt download anything. Oh well, I'll sort it out later in the week.

Ah i'm not the only one at least. I tried putting it in in the game menu as well and same thing. I sent a ticket to ubisoft so they will prob take a few days to get back to me. I'll let you know what I hear. I won't be touching MP til single player is done and vlad can wait a while. Sound man

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

You need to go to the exclusive content menu after you launch the game, to get the stuff to unlock, that is how it works on the Xbox 360. I tried it via the marketplace and it didn't works there, but work when you go via the exclusive content menu option. I assume its the same deal on the PS3.

wes wrote: »
    You need to go to the exclusive content menu after you launch the game, to get the stuff to unlock, that is how it works on the Xbox 360. I tried it via the marketplace and it didn't works there, but work when you go via the exclusive content menu option. I assume its the same deal on the PS3.

Did that, just like it says on the instruction leaflet. It brings me to a redeem code page and when I enter the code, it says already used or invalid.

I know the Vlad missions didn't show up straight away for me, it opened at a certain point in the game, not too far in.

@Darksaga87 - I didn't realise it until i had lost a few games of Den Defence, the Siege thingy kept destroying me, but once you put down a barricade, you can click it again twice more to upgrade it. Made a huge difference. And yes, you need to have a leader down on one of the 4 buildings around you before you can start putting Assassins on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Also, for anyone else that's currently playing the game, in relation to the first mission you send an assassin out to do by himself,
    has he come back yet?!? My lad is easily gone for the last hour i'd say, the mission is something to do with a prince in Busla (or something like that, the first B in the list) and it has no completion time! And he's not dead.

Anyway, so far so great!

Yeah whats with that? hes been gone like a day.
    Quick google later and I find out he returns at the end of sequence 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Is it just me or is this game just i bit more of the same i am board playing it

I love ass creed so much that i have gotting every game of it and i am not enjoying myself playing it

Maybe because i played unchartered 3 before this but i just is a bit dated know and that they needed a year out because 3 years runing is a bit of a over kill for a game like this because if they bring a new one out next year there just going to kill the game

Ass creed 4 must come out on the PS4 or Xbox 720

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ghouldaddy

I love ass creed so much that i have gotting every game of it and i am not enjoying myself playing it

Maybe because i played unchartered 3 before this but i just is a bit dated know and that they needed a year out because 3 years runing is a bit of a over kill for a game like this because if they bring a new one out next year there just going to kill the game

I feel the exact same way. I enjoyed Desmond and Altair's segments but after three games Ezios section bored me to tears. None of the villans really stand out at all.

Loved Assassins Creed 2 and Brotherhood so im hopefull they will take their time with 3 finish the story strongly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I don't see any release date for the Xbox 720..

Anyway I just brought the game and my november exams in 1 and a half weeks, damn 5th year!

Well, the reason all the games are coming out so close together is that they're trying to get as much information to you as possible before introducing a new character which will need to have information on the previous characters to move the story on, the story which will have to be done before or on Dec 12 2012.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Well, the reason all the games are coming out so close together is that they're trying to get as much information to you as possible before introducing a new character which will need to have information on the previous characters to move the story on, the story which will have to be done before or on Dec 12 2012.

Yeah, Desmond's story ends in next years game I read somewhere. The series might keep going afterwards, though hopefully not without a major revamp, otherwise it is more of the same.

Anyway, completed the main story about an hour ago (off work this week). I'd say it's a better game than Brotherhood, but still hasn't beaten AC2. The end of the game is f*cking mega. Incredible.

The den defences were the only real downside of the game for me. I would have preferred just having a bunch of assassins versus a bunch of soldiers. Going to get something to eat now and watch Embers, then I'll have a crack at the multiplayer

Advertisement