Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Revelations.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah, Desmond's story ends in next years game I read somewhere. The series might keep going afterwards, though hopefully not without a major revamp, otherwise it is more of the same.

Anyway, completed the main story about an hour ago (off work this week). I'd say it's a better game than Brotherhood, but still hasn't beaten AC2. The end of the game is f*cking mega. Incredible.

The den defences were the only real downside of the game for me. I would have preferred just having a bunch of assassins versus a bunch of soldiers. Going to get something to eat now and watch Embers, then I'll have a crack at the multiplayer

Haven't played Rev yet, so no spoilers if what I say is contradicted by this game.

I hope that in AC3 it's almost exclusively Desmond we're playing as. Seriously, we've been training him up through the bleeding effect for 3-4 games straight now. Really want to see a modern day Italy, not just the run down Colleseum and the sealed in Monteriggioni. I'd find it (slightly) tiring if we were going to go back to another of Desmond's ancestors again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The problem with a modern day setting is guns and vehicles. The differences between Altair's time and Ezio's time wasn't that great. But modern day changes the game completely. I would like to see more Desmond though, and since they'll be going for a new protagonist in the next game, I bet we'll see more focus on Desmond to counterbalance it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man those Den Defenses are sh*t! I want to play assassins creed not command and conquer!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm agreeing with everyone on the Den Defences, but if you train up your Den Leaders to 15
    they can't get attacked anymore.

Just have to keep an eye on the Templar Awareness and keep it down by killing the Templars that show up with an eye symbol every now and again, or by bribing the heralds (and stealing your money back!).

As for AC3, without having finished the game yet (i'm still on DNA sequence 2 and about 10 hours played!), i reckon it's going to be within 100 years of Revelations, in a completely different continent. I will wait till i finish this one first before making a definite judgement.

Just have to keep an eye on the Templar Awareness and keep it down by killing the Templars that show up with an eye symbol every now and again, or by bribing the heralds (and stealing your money back!).

Thanks man, I was wondering how to keep it low. In previous games, I used to jump rooftop to rooftop killing guards but that den attack is making me stay out of guards ways altogether and i'm not enjoying the game half as much as the last one. Also, the synch trophy is gone out the window. Still only on sequence 2 myself and feel like i'm being forced to play in a certain way to get my 100% when I just want to play it my way. I know ubi are being innovative adding features but I think they are comprimising what makes it so great in the 1st place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I stand by Id love an Assassins Creed in Paris.
    One thing Ive been really disappointed by since the 1st one is the lack of a really fcuk off tall building. The church in Acre in the first game was brilliant to climb, the closest since then has been the Basillica in Florence in number 2.

Wait there was that tower in venice too but I didnt actually enjoy climbing that since it was just a big rectangle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Aye, the tall building in Brotherhood was ruined for me as it was out of bounds for ages. Climbing the cathedral in Acre and catching the view is one of my favourite PS3 moments.

Sheehy, maybe play as you want then go back over it for the 100% synch? I know how much you love your platinums (me too!), but don't let it impede your enjoyment of the game. Plenty of time for that! :)

Sheehy, maybe play as you want then go back over it for the 100% synch? I know how much you love your platinums (me too!), but don't let it impede your enjoyment of the game. Plenty of time for that! :)

Very true man! I gave up on the plat (for now) when it said not to alert any guards taking out the 1st den captain. I tried to do it but I accidentally let off my paracute in a jumping and awkwardly flew in circles before landing on the captains chest with my feet and a quick stabby stab. Surrounded by guards tho and my sync was gone! So FU ubi, i'm playing the fun way. I'm gonna take out roof guards at will as well, i'll just keep an eye out for templars with eye symbols to get my notoriety back down!

Anyone here playing Skyrim as well? The more I read about it, the more I want to run out and buy it. Really forcing myself to finish this first tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I want a assassin creed in egypt , cause i love sand

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I want a assassin creed in egypt , cause i love sand

i_hate_sand_castles.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

My copy of Revelations turned up today. I got the Collectors Edition. I'm really impressed with the package. The way the box opens by pushing up the Assassin's emblem is awesome. Wondering now when I'll get a chance to actually play the game.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Assassin's Creed in San Andreas ftw! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Very true man! I gave up on the plat (for now) when it said not to alert any guards taking out the 1st den captain. I tried to do it but I accidentally let off my paracute in a jumping and awkwardly flew in circles before landing on the captains chest with my feet and a quick stabby stab. Surrounded by guards tho and my sync was gone! So FU ubi, i'm playing the fun way. I'm gonna take out roof guards at will as well, i'll just keep an eye out for templars with eye symbols to get my notoriety back down!

Anyone here playing Skyrim as well? The more I read about it, the more I want to run out and buy it. Really forcing myself to finish this first tho.

Yeah, I have it and it's the reason I haven't picked up Assassin's Creed yet. Epic game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kram2k11

Training up assassin recruits and i have 5 fully trained and a few more nearly fully trained but the other few are level 10 but has more experience then needed to reach level 11 but hasn't gone up a level yet. Do i have to do something to make them able to go up didn't have any problems levelling the others up any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

You have to put the level 10 guys in charge of an Assassin Den, then do their Assassin Master missions to get them to max.

I have someone in every den already there's more assassin's then there is den's

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056258376

really big thread.

obviously hard to miss cos its called Assassins Creed Revelations and its 4 threads under this.

Not hard to miss at all obviously read it but has nothing got to do with what i'm asking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yeah, I have it and it's the reason I haven't picked up Assassin's Creed yet. Epic game.

I bought it as I wanted to take advantage of the €1 offer in Game but all I've played is the multiplayer to take break from skyrim, and the way thats goinf it'll be a few weeks before I get to play the story in Assassins Creed.

I really don't know what it is but I can't get into this at all. Ass 2 was my favourite game the year it was out and Brotherhood was a great game as well but this one, I'm just bored playing it. Just got Altair's 1st key and the tomb I had to go through was crap. 4-5 rooms, all looked the exact same. 100% sync was to not get detected but it looked like the only way to do it was by crafting bombs but I have zero interest in bombs so I just go all swords out. When I got out, I actually didn't want to try the next mission or go wandering. I find moving around really cumbersome and less fluid than the last games, maybe Ezio is showing his age. Desmond's sections are really poor as well. It looks like they couldn't come up with a good level design for him so left it blank. I'm sickened I got the collectors edition (my very 1st collectors edition an all).

Is it just me or does Ezio have glowing orange eyes? my graphics go glitchy now and again (prob just animus acting up) but his eyes go oranage sometimes, strange.

• Advertisement

I'm finding it more of a chore than the last few games, the micro management of the Assassins is tough but i think the payoff will be worth it. I'm still enjoying it. I'm noticing the glitches too, but its hard to tell if they're unintentional or part of the Animus 2.03...

I veered off the main story half way through DNA sequence 3 and i ended up getting the Master Assassin Armor and the best sword and dagger available. I think i've played the game the way the developers didn't want me to. I feel like i'm only getting into the meat of the story (2 of Altairs keys so far), but i'm maxed out. Went from having about 8 bars of health to 20!

But, as i said, i'm still enjoying it, and with Saints Row: The Third coming out tomorrow and me getting it, i'm going to have to do a monster session tomorrow to finish the story! Still have Skyrim to buy, but i'm afraid of it...

Your first Master Assassin mission won't finish until the end of a certain sequence. But it didn't stop my other Assassins leveling up. Something doesn't sound right to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

kram2k11 wrote: »
    Not hard to miss at all obviously read it but has nothing got to do with what i'm asking about

And never thought to post your Q there?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I really don't know what it is but I can't get into this at all. Ass 2 was my favourite game the year it was out and Brotherhood was a great game as well but this one, I'm just bored playing it. Just got Altair's 1st key and the tomb I had to go through was crap. 4-5 rooms, all looked the exact same. 100% sync was to not get detected but it looked like the only way to do it was by crafting bombs but I have zero interest in bombs so I just go all swords out. When I got out, I actually didn't want to try the next mission or go wandering. I find moving around really cumbersome and less fluid than the last games, maybe Ezio is showing his age. Desmond's sections are really poor as well. It looks like they couldn't come up with a good level design for him so left it blank. I'm sickened I got the collectors edition (my very 1st collectors edition an all).

Is it just me or does Ezio have glowing orange eyes? my graphics go glitchy now and again (prob just animus acting up) but his eyes go oranage sometimes, strange.
    I wasnt enjoying it at 1st(up until a little bit after the 1st tomb) but a little after that I couldnt put it down. That 1st tomb was sh!t though
    1 thing annoying me is that they got rid of the wanted posters cause that notoriety is pissing me off and I dont want to go looking for heralds and the other fcukers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

Got it earlier today Traded in BF3 and got AC:Revelations in Game for 99c , I haven't played it yet though

If I havent broken at least 1 controller cause of these 1st person things ill be shocked

If I havent broken at least 1 controller cause of these 1st person things ill be shocked

Ya awful controls haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Yeah, hopefully the producer who said "Hey, lets replace the awesome Animus logic puzzles from the 2nd and 3rd games with a ****ty FPS platform section ...." doesnt work for Ubisoft anymore :mad:

Right, so just done an 8 hour session to finish this up, and while some of it felt monotonous and drawn out, for the most part it was another savage AC game. If you have it and are struggling to get through it, i highly recommend to finish the main story at least. The ending is how endings should be done.

ENDING SPOILER ALERT!!!
    When you walk into Altairs library and light the torches, and slowly move around in the dark to find Altair dead in his chair, and playing his last few minutes of life, up there with the best gaming moments I've ever had. Very nearly brought a tear to my eye.

And where did the near-destruction of and entire race come from!!! It was like "here's these people you've been seeing every now and again, and here's them dieing..." Savage stuff.

AC3 is going to be interesting, can't wait to see what they do with Those that Came Before, who the main protagonist is going to be, where it's set, Desmonds new powers (glowing arm!), and the reason yer one was stabbed.

After finishing the game, it's obvious that the makers had intended for this many games so far, they are definitely not been made just for the sake of it. Bring on Dec 2012!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

The ending is incredible, really makes me want to be an assassin :o

Advertisement