Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Revelations.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I always trade games to get new ones, just can't afford to hold onto them but I won't get rid of certain ones, like AC 2 and AC Brohood. However with Revelations, I'm only on Sequence 3 but I rang HMV today seeing how much they would give me for it. 35 euro trade in for both standard and collectors edition. I saw on ebay a guy is selling the Collectors box for 12 euro with 5 bids :eek:. I can't see myself even finishing it but I'm mad to see how the story goes.

Ubi really wrecked it for me, biggest gaming disappointment of the year for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I always trade games to get new ones, just can't afford to hold onto them but I won't get rid of certain ones, like AC 2 and AC Brohood. However with Revelations, I'm only on Sequence 3 but I rang HMV today seeing how much they would give me for it. 35 euro trade in for both standard and collectors edition. I saw on ebay a guy is selling the Collectors box for 12 euro with 5 bids :eek:. I can't see myself even finishing it but I'm mad to see how the story goes.

Ubi really wrecked it for me, biggest gaming disappointment of the year for me :(

Play the main story to the end at least. I had every mission done (all side missions too), and slogged through it, but i couldn't recommend finishing it more to anyone that hasn't. The ending is worth it. But, like you, i'll be trading it. And i wouldn't go as far to say biggest gaming disappointment of the year, you still have to try Saints Row: The Third...

Ya I realy should push through, just the opposite of ac 2 which I absolutely loved. Haha I heard sr 2 wasnt living up to the hype alright. batman, this and sr 2 were my expected games of the year. I had no intention of getting skyrim but wil def pick it up after this. Do you recommend doing all of the desmond missions?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I saw on ebay a guy is selling the Collectors box for 12 euro with 5 bids :eek:.

heh seen that on FB it states quite clearly its just the box :D

Oh I know it was just the box, still mental haha. I mean it's a cool box but f*ck right off for 12 euro! :pac:

• Advertisement

Just on sequence 5, I hate glitchy following missions. The guy kept walking round in circles and into walls. Then a hidden assassin would try to kill me alerting other guards and the guy i'm following. very annoying. The Galata Tower tomb was epic tho, need to see more of that. Well I havn't touched one side mission or bought one thing. I am enjoying it a bit more but it just makes me miss how AC 2 played. How did they balls up the climbing? That hook blade is a nuisance!

Finished it last night. On the whole I thought it was very good but I absolutely hate den defense. Never bothered with it after the tutorial. The bombs are fairly crap too. Never used them.

Ya I realy should push through, just the opposite of ac 2 which I absolutely loved. Haha I heard sr 2 wasnt living up to the hype alright. batman, this and sr 2 were my expected games of the year. I had no intention of getting skyrim but wil def pick it up after this. Do you recommend doing all of the desmond missions?

The Desmond missions are, well, crap. Seems like they made up the levels just to tell a back story. And the levels are crap. The last last one was alright, bit of a challenge, but it was interesting to get a bit of background on Desmond.

I would also recommend to pick up all the Ishak Pasha collectibles (10 in total, and you can buy a map for them after Sequence 7). Once you have them all, you have a mission in Hagia Sofia. The acoustics in there is worth it, and the armor is SAVAGE!!! Best armor in a the series so far, imo.

I have all the missions done, just left is to collect the treasures, take over all the Mediterranean cities, and collect the memory segments. So, not happening, cuz i just got Skyrim!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just finished it. While it definitely took longer to get going, I loved it. I actually got to like Altair, whom I never really took to. It's definitely time to move on with characters though. Much as I love Ezio, he's carried it for too long now.

Sound Potential, will look out for those Pasha things, I always love going for the secret armour. Let us know how Skyrim fares towards this as well, enjoy man!

• Advertisement

@Sheehy: No bothers. I'm a fan of Armor too, would love to get the entire Assassin outfit (like this)Won't be starting it until later, have a visitor and dinner is cooking, but you probably won't hear from me once i start playing it!

@Sheehy: No bothers. I'm a fan of Armor too, would love to get the entire Assassin outfit (like this)Won't be starting it until later, have a visitor and dinner is cooking, but you probably won't hear from me once i start playing it!

That is f*cking SAVAGE!! Better start saving for next halloween!

That is f*cking SAVAGE!! Better start saving for next halloween!

Well, i'm going to wait an see if i can get the Ishak Pasha one first (you'll see why). Though i did see an Altair costume with the throwing knives and sword (latex...) but it was $1100...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

does anyone know where to find the mutilplayer code in the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

How long is the main story?

off topic - Just started playing brotherhood after buying it a month or so ago. On Memory 4, pretty good so far, have to say I'm liking the 100% sync challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

I know I'm getting Assassins Creed: Revelations for Christmas. So I'm not supposed to buy it myself till then but I can't wait. I really hope it will meet my expectations, the previous parts were excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Worth paying €50 for this then? Read through the last few pages and its very much a mixed bag, is the map any good (hated Rome) and have they added another list of pointless gimmicks to the game play?

I really enjoyed AC2 but found Brotherhood very average so undecided whether I'll pick this up or wait 6 months for a bargain

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Harps wrote: »
    Worth paying €50 for this then? Read through the last few pages and its very much a mixed bag, is the map any good (hated Rome) and have they added another list of pointless gimmicks to the game play?

I really enjoyed AC2 but found Brotherhood very average so undecided whether I'll pick this up or wait 6 months for a bargain

haven't played yet, but judging by what i've heard, yes there are some new gimmicks, such as the grip hook for climbing and a tower defence type game has been introduced. Along with a FPS type section.

Hated the Den Defense. It was why I levelled up my Assassins quickly. Once the Assassin assigned to each den hits level 15, no more Den Defense!

The FPS is interesting. It's just a side quest, and it's completely optional, but gives some great back story to Desmond. It's like a Portal test idea or something, but I enjoyed it.

Just have to finish up the collectables, and I'm pretty much done. Is there any single player DLC planned?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

chrislad wrote: »
    Hated the Den Defense. It was why I levelled up my Assassins quickly. Once the Assassin assigned to each den hits level 15, no more Den Defense!

The FPS is interesting. It's just a side quest, and it's completely optional, but gives some great back story to Desmond. It's like a Portal test idea or something, but I enjoyed it.

Just have to finish up the collectables, and I'm pretty much done. Is there any single player DLC planned?

Are there any "Locked" DNA sequences like in AC2? That'd mean there was DLC coming eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Harps wrote: »

I only started playing this yesterday but I'm really enjoying it so far anyway. Well worth the 50 quid IMO. Then again I'm a massive AC fan so that probably sways my opinion somewhat! The way I see it is if you're really hesitant about buying then you're probably best off just renting it and see what you think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I asked this a while back but don't think I got an answer: Is it just set in the one big map again like Botherhood with Rome?

I much,much preferred the multiple city setup from AC1 and 2. Brotherhood was a bit of a let down. That said I'll probably still get it at Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    I asked this a while back but don't think I got an answer: Is it just set in the one big map again like Botherhood with Rome?

I much,much preferred the multiple city setup from AC1 and 2. Brotherhood was a bit of a let down. That said I'll probably still get it at Christmas

Its mainly just 1 big (really big) map but you do travel to a couple of other locations too

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MitziH

Wondering if anyone can help? A very unusual and disappointing scenario! I bought AC Animus Edition from GameStop.ie for my son's 18th Birthday (which is next week) - I also pre-ordered assassins creed revelations figurine at Gamestop.ie. Game arrived but no sign of figure. I emailed them and got a reply back to say that they ran out of stock and accordingly will refund me!! I pre-ordered this to be sure I would have it for my son coz he's an total AC fan! Got an email confirming order and money was taken from my credit card. Can't believe GameStop - and especially as I have been waiting for delivery and have wasted time. There's no other present I could give which would give more delight!! Any ideas as to where I would be able to get one now would be Brill?

@schwiiing: To the best of my knowledge, it's on the back of the booklet. If not, it should be with the booklet.

@tok9: The main story is around 6/7 hours. But you won't be able to just do the main story, Den Defence will get in the way, and I didn't like it so i spent a load of time training up my Assassins so there was no more Den Defence. You can also avoid Den Defence by watching your notoriety meter.

@ThunderApple: If you liked the previous, you'll love this.

@Harps: It's more like Brotherhood. The Den Defence seems to be the most hated new gimmick, and they've introduced the Templars been able to attack an Assassin held city in the Mediterranean takeover thing (sending the Assassins off to other cities to do stuff) if you don't keep enough control over them (sending them often). You still have all the shops to take over, and the treasures to collect, with memory segments instead of feathers, and 10 pieces of Ishak Pasha's memoirs to get savage armor. And there's random "Stalkers" around, who try and stab you from behind, but it's not often and takes a press of a button to stop them. A grip hook for climbing, but doesn't add too much, and an FPS part outside the main story to give background to Desmond, but nothing substantial. I think thats it...

It is one map, and while fairly big it's apparently not as big as Rome, but there's less open space.

@MitziH: That sucks, if you pre-ordered it you should have got it. I'd be well pissed and sending HQ a fairly angry (but well worded) email/letter explaining your disappointment and the reason you were getting it, you might get some kind of "we're sorry" compensation. I had a quick look on t'internet, and found a few on ebay but no "Buy It Now" and the shortest was 7 days. It's a European only figurine, so will be hard enough to get. I'll keep an eye out for one for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MitziH

Thanks Potential-Monke, that's a good idea! I'll let you know how I get on ... and in the meanwhile if anyone knows where I might get AC Revelations figurine ... please do tell ...

Just on sequence 6, will it never end :P. Some of the most boring missions in AC history (not including 1 of course :)) Since i'm not buying anything, I said I would do the vlad tomb to upgrade my weapon. I got a sword but have to warn anyone who is thinking of buying this as dlc, stay well clear. Disgraceful excuse for dlc. 5-7 minutes long, no enemies and same ol obstacles to jump over. I just want to get some armour so will do the prakash(sp) collection.

Finished with this now. A satisfying game. I'm going to trade while it's worth something (Lego Harry Potter!!), but I'll probably rebuy once SP DLC comes out. Only SP achieve I didn't get was 100% sync and after gorging myself on this over the past week, I don't have the patience for it.

Recommended if you're an AC fan.

Will finally get to play this on Sunday night...... can't wait. :)

I must be one of the few that actually likes Desmond, so I can't wait to get some more background on him.

And will be nice to finally finish off Ezio's story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Will finally get to play this on Sunday night...... can't wait. :)

I must be one of the few that actually likes Desmond, so I can't wait to get some more background on him.

And will be nice to finally finish off Ezio's story.

I like Desmond too, and really enjoyed his bits of the game. Pretty weird at first, and downright frustrating at times, but I enjoyed them.

Advertisement