Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Revelations.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hadn't played since before Christmas, went back to it just so I can finish it and trade it in. On Sequence 6, My God the most unfun (word?) i've had gaming this year. follow this guy, don't be seen. kill this guy, don't be seeing. dump his body in a haystack surrounded by 20 people, don't be seen. I dunno if i'll even make it to the end of this game. How did Ubi get it so horribly wrong. AC 2 was a masterpice. Brohood extended on that but revelations has awful missions, very uninteresting bombs and den defense.

I love AC but worried about AC 3. They need to go back to what made AC 2 so good. They should forget the rediculous 100% sync goals and let you play how you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Don't worry sheehy, seq 7 - 9 are quite good! Well I thought so anyways, and ya agree with ya, its a pure boring slog up until seq 7.

I just finished it last night. Definitely felt like I was playing Brotherhood all over again. Didn't really like the bombs, the hook blade was ok though.

Regarding the ending
    Nothing really new there I thought, definitely not a big Revelation like I was expecting given the name of this title. It was nice to see the end of Altair though, and the sequence with Ezio saying he is aware of Desmond, was really hoping they could somehow have a face to face farewell there, sadly not.

Well thats a bit of good news, it has been quite a slog!

I have the collectors edition but finding trade prices for the whole pack (minus the dlc mission, all 6 minutes of it) the same as if I was just to trade in the game itself. I saw a guy on ebay is selling the items like artbook etc. individually and getting more than he should. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Well thats a bit of good news, it has been quite a slog!

I have the collectors edition but finding trade prices for the whole pack (minus the dlc mission, all 6 minutes of it) the same as if I was just to trade in the game itself. I saw a guy on ebay is selling the items like artbook etc. individually and getting more than he should. Strange.

Seen the box go for 120 quid.

if anyone wants one at that price :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Picked this up again after a break over Xmas.... absence has not made the heart grow fonder.... finding this leveling up of Assassin's (which I'm focusing on for the moment 'cos I hate Den Defence) very tedious... especially since once you get them to L10 you have to do these stupid master quests...... gonna try and get all dens protected by tomorrow, then start on the main missions and finish this...

Think I might play through brotherhood and AC2 just to remind me why I love this series....

• Advertisement

Seriously.....A main memory sequence...a woman sends you to get her flowers. Florist is out of tulips but can get some in an hour. Ezio cannot wait tho and has to tail the florist to his secret stash. Florist turns around and sees you? Restart the mission....

FFS Ubi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I thought the master assassin sequences were actually quite nice, emphasising the fact that Ezio is taking a back seat for some important stuff.

Shame the rest of the game was so insubstantial.

Finished this last night. The ending was good, really like the scene where Ezio
    comes face to face with a dead Altair.
    I want that as a background!

Gonna trade it straight in. I can't believe one of the 100% sync goals was 'don't use a blade to kill anyone' I get it Ubi, you spent a lot of time making bombs but don't punish us for wanting use the hidden blade!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

Finished this last night too, it was good but not as good as brotherhood in my opinion, i did almost everything in brotherhood but found myself just going straight through the story in this just to see what the "revelations" would be. ending was ok i suppose, more of the same stuff we already knew. Ill still get AC3 to see how it turns out but i really hope Ubisoft pick up the pace a bit and make the same type of jump we got from AC1 to AC2

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I think I'm starting to warm to this... onto Sequence 5 (I'm playing slow, trying to level up my assassins to avoid the awful den defence[of which i've yet to be successful in apart from the tutorial], and finding treasures and books and fragments), really starting to enjoy some of the missions... these missions to find the keys are awesome, can't remember the name of the place but I think it had something to do with Ox
    where your chasing the templars for ages was really fun, the cutscenes of Ezio doing some seriously acrobatic **** as things collapse all round you was a nice touch, and ziplining along beside a boat and doing an air assassination is probably one of the highlights of all AC games for me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Ive played a couple of hours of this and I already feel its going to be a grind getting through this game. The new stuff they have added really doesnt add anything good to the game. Ive done that den defence thing once and I allready hate it. Do you have to do it to progress through the game? In 2 and brotherhood I tryed to do everthing because it was fun, but I really cant be bothered in this. Ill probally just do the main story to see what happens.

Ive played a couple of hours of this and I already feel its going to be a grind getting through this game. The new stuff they have added really doesnt add anything good to the game. Ive done that den defence thing once and I allready hate it. Do you have to do it to progress through the game? In 2 and brotherhood I tryed to do everthing because it was fun, but I really cant be bothered in this. Ill probally just do the main story to see what happens.

You don't have to do it to progress. If your notoriety is high Templars will attack the dens, then you'll have to do den defence. What I've started doing now is letting the Templars retake the den, then take it back by killing the captain again. Far easier. :)

Lucky, I only did the den defense in the tutorial as i kept low notoriety by avoiding rooftops and not killing guards....ie not having fun in an assassins creed game. Like a few people above, I stayed to the main missions as I just wanted to see the ending. In AC 2 and brohood, I did everything there was to do and thoroughly enjoed both. Didn't even spend any money in revelations.

Must look up vids on youtube to see the desmond levels as I did the 1st one and no way am i going through another 4 of those levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

That's a shame Sheehy! I know how much you like this franchise! I'm gonna persevere and see how it pans out.

Not a patch on the previous 2 games imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭sillo

I finished Revelations before Christmas but I wanted to hold off posting here until I had a bit of a distance. I'm afraid my opinions haven't improved - they did real real damage to the first great new franchise in years. I loved the first three games but this just felt like a cynical marketing exercise, riddled with bad design decisions, lazy writing, and rehashed cookie-cutter missions.

They somehow managed to make it feel like a smaller game than the last one. Very disappointing and they better work hard to make sure AC3 redeems the series or they'll have wrecked the franchise.

Biggest issues:
    Den Defense: Awful. The worst new element by a mile. Absolutely irredeemably terrible.
    Bombs: Completely pointless. Should not have bothered. Such a convoluted pointless system.
    'Leadership' elements: So much of it that it ended up feeling completely two dimensional. The master assassin stuff was interesting but the rest of it felt like playing a football manager sim. Try Harder ubi.
    Animus Island: Tedious, but at least they tried to do something different with the desmond sequences.
    Letters to Claudia: Boring.
    Constantinople: Boring. mainly because it just didnt feel FUN running around the rooftops - I think once they did the hookblade they didnt bother spending as much time on the rooftop designs so I found it very difficult to get a real parkour sense.
    Antagonist: I can't even remember WHO THE ANTAGONIST WAS. In the last game you killed a freakin pope.

The only redeeming feature was
    the genuinely enjoyable end sequence, and seeing Ezio get his happy ending of sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭killabban182

does anyone have a good way of defending a den, getting fed up

does anyone have a good way of defending a den, getting fed up

Yeah, keep your notoriety low, train you Assassins to Level 15 and do the Master Assassin Quests.

I thought I'd cracked how to do the den defence, but as soon as they send out the battering ram I don't know how to defeat it. It won't let me use the cannon on it which seems as if it'd be the easiest thing to use to kill the bloody thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I 'finished' this on Saturday night. Completed all of Ezio/Altair's stories, but only did the first one of Desmond's missions, which I thought was pretty woeful. The only reason I'd be going back over them is to get the achievements - not sure if I'll do that though, only really ever been interested in Ezio. I'm not even sure I understand how the Animus is supposed to work! :P

Having not played AC1, i thought the inclusion of Altair was brilliant, really added to it. Apart from that and the hook blade, I'm afraid it felt very samey-samey. Hopefully they'll come up with something completely different - one poster mentioned it might be Claudia, I sincerely hope not.

As regards Den Defences, I only ever did the one. It wasn't too bad, but I wouldn't be fancying doing many. Luckily enough a few people on here had been complaining about them so I knew to keep away by keeping the notoriety down! :)

Had a few games of multiplayer last night, quite enjoyed it - are there many lads from boards playing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Had a few games of multiplayer last night, quite enjoyed it - are there many lads from boards playing it?

I play it on xbox live, haven't been on revelations in about two weeks but I'll be back online soon.
    GT: Seamarse

The credits roll as I type. I have to say... this game really redeems itself for me in the second half. Missions such as
    attacking the Arsenal to get Ahmet with the Assassins, flying through the air by parachute dropping down to kill guards on horseback were really fun. :)

I loved the ending. Altair's in particular was really touching.

I wonder though, with ending they gave Ezio, how is it Desmond is part of the Assassins? It appears in that Ezio was giving up the Brotherhood in the Masyaf library, so how did his children remain a part of it I wonder....

In any case, it looks as if we're gonna have a modern day AC3, focusing on Desmond. Which'll finish off the trilogy, and Ubi can commence raping it with spin offs.:)

Have done two of Desmond's Journey pieces, really finding them interesting. It's nice to learn more about him. Will probably go through and find all the data fragments, ishak pages, treasures and fully restore the city. But I won't be attempting getting 100% synch in all missions. Really not worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm still finding this game tough to get into. I play if for about half an hour before switching to something else. It was really annoying me last night because one of the captains of the Templar Dens kept running away and I couldn't get near him before he disappeared.

I'm still finding this game tough to get into. I play if for about half an hour before switching to something else. It was really annoying me last night because one of the captains of the Templar Dens kept running away and I couldn't get near him before he disappeared.

always find it handy to throw a bomb( if possible) when going to kill the captains, sometimes the captains went to fight me, bad mistake.

always find it handy to throw a bomb( if possible) when going to kill the captains, sometimes the captains went to fight me, bad mistake.

There're two types of Captains. The Coward Leaders will always run, the others will try and fight. The only one I'm having trouble with at the moment is the Leader for the den in the Bayezid District, he keeps getting away, very frustrating as it's my last den that I need to take over.

I have unlocked all my dens, but now I have 4 under attack, I am now concentrating on getting my assassins up to level15, then i will get my dens back, is this a good idea?

I have unlocked all my dens, but now I have 4 under attack, I am now concentrating on getting my assassins up to level15, then i will get my dens back, is this a good idea?

Well.... yes and no. Get your Assassins up to 15500XP, they'll still be level 10. Then take back a den(either by doing the defence, or intentionally losing it and taking it back the easy way :P ) and then do that Assassin's mast quests. Repeat for the other three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

sillo wrote: »
    I finished Revelations before Christmas but I wanted to hold off posting here until I had a bit of a distance. I'm afraid my opinions haven't improved - they did real real damage to the first great new franchise in years. I loved the first three games but this just felt like a cynical marketing exercise, riddled with bad design decisions, lazy writing, and rehashed cookie-cutter missions.

They somehow managed to make it feel like a smaller game than the last one. Very disappointing and they better work hard to make sure AC3 redeems the series or they'll have wrecked the franchise.

Biggest issues:
    Den Defense: Awful. The worst new element by a mile. Absolutely irredeemably terrible.
    Bombs: Completely pointless. Should not have bothered. Such a convoluted pointless system.
    'Leadership' elements: So much of it that it ended up feeling completely two dimensional. The master assassin stuff was interesting but the rest of it felt like playing a football manager sim. Try Harder ubi.
    Animus Island: Tedious, but at least they tried to do something different with the desmond sequences.
    Letters to Claudia: Boring.
    Constantinople: Boring. mainly because it just didnt feel FUN running around the rooftops - I think once they did the hookblade they didnt bother spending as much time on the rooftop designs so I found it very difficult to get a real parkour sense.
    Antagonist: I can't even remember WHO THE ANTAGONIST WAS. In the last game you killed a freakin pope.

The only redeeming feature was
    the genuinely enjoyable end sequence, and seeing Ezio get his happy ending of sorts.

I've got to disagree.
    I love it! The AC series is my favourite series of all time, dating back to the c64.

I think Constantinople looks amazing. From the get go, when you get to go explore and upgrade your armour, I climbed the Galata tower and the views from the top over the river were amazing. I love the way walking the streets feels like the city is alive and I think the free running while not doing a mission, climbing towers for viewpoints and the combat system are still great fun. There's also the Ottoman element that adds an extra dimension as does the templar assasins.

I can see where you're coming from with some of the points, but I just think they tried some new things. Some will stick for the next one, some won't (though either way Ezio's voice is going to be a big loss!). Personally, I hope they ditch ridiculous 100% syncs like the kill 5 guards from the haystack. Not very master assasin like. For me, the den defense is just a mini game, I don't love it or hate it and the bombs just give you even more ways to complete missions.

Anyway, I'm just greatful to Ubisoft for AC. By the way, does anyone else enjoy it more than Skyrim? That game feels completely souless to me and like a series of chores. It does look beautiful and all but I traded it after 30 hours of thinking it'd grab me any minute. It didn't, I found it boring.

I have finally defended a den, I think this could be a break through moment for me. By the way I love all these games 1 to 4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The approach I'm taking is to get all my Assassin's up to Master level so I don't have to defend any dens. I did the den defense once and that was the tutorial. I haven't done it since.

I have no captured all the dens and nearly have them all locked. I have only done a handful of story missions so far. But at least with the dens locked I won't have to worry about my notoriety getting high any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I play Assassin Creed for it setting , and the historical events , that i can pass a famous landmark and read about it and feels each city is designed to the t, its truly amazing . The franchise is the sole reason i bought a next gen system back in 2007. I loved assassin creed despite its repetive gameplay, loved assassin creed 2 and even loved brotherhood , despite at this point the combat grew tiresome and its basically counter , wait , counter, wait.. I could turn a blind eye cause the rest of the game for what it does is superb , im currently through sequence 3 in revealations and theirs something not quite right yet, so far the missions are poor and feels as though the developers had no ideas left to add to the experience cause of the year to year release and just through in a tower defence game , hopefully its just a slow start but its currently just an adverge game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

the combat grew tiresome and its basically counter , wait , counter, wait..

Counter, kill-streak, stroll away 5 seconds later from a dozen corpses like a boss.

Advertisement