Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What really happened Osama bin Laden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭constance tench

He is alive and well somewhere

Uploaded April 24 2010?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

He died years ago

Uploaded April 24 2010?
    Yeah, that's a well-established fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

This has to be a hoax. The US are constantly staging these cretinous stunts and they expect to get away with it. But of course so many millions of morons just blindly swallow this crap.

Remember the Jessica Lynch charade?

Remember the fake crowds at Fardir Square with the toppling of the Saddam statue?

Remember the staged dragging of Saddam from out of a hole in the ground? That one was especially pathetic. Like a CNN crew just happened to be with the unit who located him. Anyway it was Kurds who found him and then handed him over to the US who then staged that infanile rat-hole stunt.

Remember those bogus paid-for crowds in Gaza cheering after the WTC towers fell?

The efforts are a mockery. Positively laughable.

He died years ago
    This has to be a hoax. The US are constantly staging these cretinous stunts and they expect to get away with it. But of course so many millions of morons just blindly swallow this crap.
    I believe they killed him (in the absence of any proof otherwise). Are you saying that I am a moron?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

I believe they killed him (in the absence of any proof otherwise). Are you saying that I am a moron?

Why do you believe they killed him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭constance tench

Yeah, that's a well-established fake.

I Know... I just thought it quite interesting.

He died years ago
    Why do you believe they killed him?
    Because they are telling the world that they have killed him, and I can't see any reason why they would risk lying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I Find the whole thing more than just a bit Suspicious, so they Killed him, In the Pakistani compound where he has been for the last 2 Years, but they only bothered with it today:confused: then they Threw his body overboard, no mention of any form of forensics or Autopsy, or anything that confirms that it was him.

Very suspect, how long before boots on the ground in Libya?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

I Find the whole thing more than just a bit Suspicious, so they Killed him, In the Pakistani compound where he has been for the last 2 Years, but they only bothered with it today:confused: then they Threw his body overboard, no mention of any form of forensics or Autopsy, or anything that confirms that it was him.

Very suspect, how long before boots on the ground in Libya?????

And the announcement comes 8 years to the day after the chimpanzee president declared "Mission Accomplished" in Iraq.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭33

Barrington wrote: »
    According to CNN, there are pictures of his body. They say even though he was shot in the head he will still be recognizable. The photos just haven't been released yet.

Photoshop is a powerful tool, also most movies are made using rendered graphics these days, so this debate will continue for a long time to come.

You do realize that the closest ocean is around 3,500km away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭TheDukeOfEarl

In my opinion, I do not have an opinion on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

You do realize that the closest ocean is around 3,500km away?

Exaggerate much. The Pakistani coast is around 1,200 km from this town where he was allegedly killed.

He died years ago
    33 wrote: »
    Photoshop is a powerful tool, also most movies are made using rendered graphics these days, so this debate will continue for a long time to come.
    This debate won't end at all. People will ultimately believe what they want to believe, regardless of the evidence. Especially people who enjoy having 'special' or 'hidden knowledge', or who see patterns in everything.

And some people still think Elvis lives.

Because they are telling the world that they have killed him, and I can't see any reason why they would risk lying.

Well there are multiple possibilities. Bin Laden has been a valuable tool for the US in scaring the bejaysus out of their people. Your average slob isn't even going to entertain the possibility that his government is not telling the truth, whole truth and nothing but truth. He'll just believe what they spit out and act accordingly.

There is a possibilty that Bin Laden was killed in late 2001. But the US continued to use recycled footage of him whenever the public was getting a little too complacent and needed to be jolted back to being constantly in fear so the neocons could further their agenda of stripping away civil liberties.
    Anyway they couldn't keep him alive forever (even if he was dead). Humans have a shelf life. At some stage they were going to have to stop using him as a prop to frighten Americans whether they staged his death, whether they claimed they had "credible intelligence" that he had died or whether they simply just forgot about him.
    And if they had him in this compound why couldn't they just have captured him and then paraded him in front of the cameras? They could have starved him out but killed him and quickly disposed of the body.

I'm beginning to wonder if this guy even exists in the form that they say. I mean who's to say that he's not being fed and protected by the US like he was in hospital in Kuwait in May 2001 when the CIA were visiting him as he underwent kidney treatment?

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Exaggerate much. The Pakistani coast is around 1,200 km from this town where he was allegedly killed.

My mistake, what I meant to point out was that, there's no ****ing way in hell that US forces would hang around in a country their not supposed to be in anyway and then travel the entire length of it to bury him at sea?????

If this was even moderately credible they would have went through India instead and thats around 2500k, which is what I meant to say. Im keyboard bashing out of frustration

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Remember the staged dragging of Saddam from out of a hole in the ground? That one was especially pathetic. Like a CNN crew just happened to be with the unit who located him. Anyway it was Kurds who found him and then handed him over to the US who then staged that infanile rat-hole stunt.

Ehh - there wasn't any CNN crew with the military when they found Saddam - the only photo of Saddam at the rathole location was taken by the military themselves. It wasn't claimed that the military found him btw - they said from the get-go that they had been provided with details of his location by an informer. So what aspect is supposed to have been staged, and why didn't Saddam bother to set the record straight when he had ample opportunity afterwards?

This debate won't end at all. People will ultimately believe what they want to believe, regardless of the evidence. Especially people who enjoy having 'special' or 'hidden knowledge', or who see patterns in everything.

And some people still think Elvis lives.

Well the denial brigade always try to ridicule those who are sceptical of government claims by lumping them together with complete wackos.

Can you say that the government act solely with your wellbeing at heart or their own?

What about the Jessica Lynch hoax perpetrated by the authorities? Do you still believe that crap was real?

And no I don't believe Elvis or Michael Jackson are alive or in a friggin' invisible man with a beard who invented us all.

alastair wrote: »
    Ehh - there wasn't any CNN crew with the military when they found Saddam - the only photo of Saddam at the rathole location was taken by the military themselves. It wasn't claimed that the military found him btw - they said from the get-go that they had been provided with details of his location by an informer. So what aspect is supposed to have been staged, and why didn't Saddam bother to set the record straight when he had ample opportunity afterwards?

Then how come I saw footage of him emerging from a rat-hole when he was actually initially captured in a house, firing shots at the Kurds from an upstairs window?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Then how come I saw footage of him emerging from a rat-hole when he was actually initially captured in a house, firing shots at the Kurds from an upstairs window?

You imagined it? You believed some guff from a CT site and didn't actually check? Perhaps you'd like to link to said footage - after all it's not the sort of thing that wouldn't be used for propaganda purposes, is it?

He died years ago
    Can you say that the government act solely with your wellbeing at heart or their own?
    I seriously believe that you either do not read what other people say, or else you are so certain of your convictions that you read what you like into what they are saying regardless of what they actually mean. When you talk about 'the government' in this case, you should probably be aware that 'the government' had nothing to do with this, and nor should they. Inda has his hands full. The US government are the guys you want.

And to answer your (rhetorical?) question: of course I question the motives of others. I have done since I was a child. I think most people do.
    What about the Jessica Lynch hoax perpetrated by the authorities? Do you still believe that crap was real?
    I think that the day after the 'rescue' the real story had already emerged. So I probably believed it for less time than you did, unless you disbelieved it when they first started telling the story, in which case I salute your psychic powers.
    And no I don't believe Elvis or Michael Jackson are alive or in a friggin' invisible man with a beard who invented us all.
    Ok, but I didn't say that you did. But some people will choose to believe that, regardless of the facts and common sense.

He died years ago
    What would be the point in salvaging a reputation that doesnt need to be saved, you've already created your white knight(no pun intended) when you have Obama primed to go. Bush had no reason to be cleared of any mistakes.
    So Bush, instead of making himself a hero by staging exactly this coup, said to himself: "you know what, my reputation is in tatters and the US hates me. But I won't bother doing that thing where we pretend that we have killed (the already dead) bin Laden - I'll leave that to my successor instead".

What was it about Bush that convinces you that he is such an honourable, uncorruptible and selfless guy?

I seriously believe that you either do not read what other people say, or else you are so certain of your convictions that you read what you like into what they are saying regardless of what they actually mean. When you talk about 'the government' in this case, you should probably be aware that 'the government' had nothing to do with this, and nor should they. Inda has his hands full. The US government are the guys you want.

And to answer your (rhetorical?) question: of course I question the motives of others. I have done since I was a child. I think most people do.

I think that the day after the 'rescue' the real story had already emerged. So I probably believed it for less time than you did, unless you disbelieved it when they first started telling the story, in which case I salute your psychic powers.

Ok, but I didn't say that you did. But some people will choose to believe that, regardless of the facts and common sense.

Then when someone questions the veracity of a story claiming the death of Bin Laden you sneer at them as conspiracy nuts akin to those who still think Elvis is alive. Kind of double standards, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Um...the first of May 2011 is not EXACLTY ten years after September 11th 2001. It's a lot closer to EXACTLY :) nine and a half years.

I agree :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

He died years ago
    So Bush, instead of making himself a hero by staging exactly this coup, said to himself: "you know what, my reputation is in tatters and the US hates me. But I won't bother doing that thing where we pretend that we have killed (the already dead) bin Laden - I'll leave that to my successor instead".

What was it about Bush that convinces you that he is such an honourable, uncorruptible and selfless guy?
    Not only successor but major political opponent in terms of party.

It'd be akin to Sinn Féin giving credit to the DUP for their own successes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Not sure about the controversy over Osama but its a bravura performance from Obama:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

How do you know for sure the Americans knew 100% that Bin Laden was dead? And its something that they could have been planning for year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Oracle wrote: »
    Not sure about the controversy over Osama but its a bravura performance from Obama:

Oscar winning performance alright.

• Advertisement

He died years ago
    Then when someone questions the veracity of a story claiming the death of Bin Laden you sneer at them as conspiracy nuts akin to those who still think Elvis is alive. Kind of double standards, no?
    Please indicate where I sneered at anyone questioning the veracity of these claims? And you can report the posts too while you are at it.

If you can't show me sneering at anyone, it would be nice if you apologised for lying about my posts.

And the point about people believing that Elvis lives could not be clearer: in spite of any evidence, people will ultimately believe what they want. Do you dispute this point?

Advertisement