Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What really happened Osama bin Laden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,071 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

33 wrote: »
    Fake pictures, buried at sea, election on the way, something smells fishy and it ain't Osama.

Link please?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

He is alive and well somewhere
    Shot in the head according to sources, so if they release any pics it will probably be a pile of ketchup and mince meat and expect the masses to believe it.

Afghan war has served its purpose long ago, this is a false flag to initiate the withdrawal and departure from there. There are juicier targets for the Military like Libya who have oil something the Afghans lack. Osama is probably alive and doing well, Any one who beleives in the whole 9/11 and the Al Qaeda Vs. West thing is wrong imo, it was about control, eroding civil liberties, controlling energy and the markets and diverting more of the worlds wealth into the hands of the small elite who control everything. Obama/Bush or Trump none of them means anything as they are all pawns.

Question Everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

He died years ago
    Like the Americans have facilitated the burial within 24 hours of the 1.5 million that they've butchered in Iraq.
    I don't buy this crap.
    I'm not buying that number either. The case against them is strong enough without diminishing your argument with that sort of nonsense.

He died years ago
    The whole thing is a complete farce. This guy was apparently killed in December of 2001
    I hate to ask...but...evidence? :o

Fake pictures, buried at sea, election on the way, something smells fishy and it ain't Osama.

supposed bloodied face of Osama
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e46_1304318901

LiveLeak-dot-com-c54dec4b2ad8-osama.jpg.resized.jpg?d5e8cc8eccfb6039332f41f6249e92b06c91b4db65f5e99818bad7924e47dfd2512b&ec_rate=350

http://www.liveleak.com/c/Death_of_Osama_bin_Laden

That picture has been doing the rounds for years and is a very very obvious fake. You must try harder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

You have it the wrong way round. The US changed the laws of war to suit themselves so the lines of who is and isn't an enemy combatant became blurred. Osama was an enemy combatant under these looser defintions but ordinary citizens that they slaughtered in Iraq certainly weren't.

That's not what I'm talking about though. A military force is not responsible for disposing of the bodies of the enemy combatants (regardless of how they define/change the definition of 'enemy combatant').

This mission is different, because the aim of it was specifically to deal with bin Laden. I may be wrong, but I'd imagine in most military engagements where the aim is to capture/kill a specific target, they don't just leave the cadavers lying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

He died years ago
    The whole thing is a complete farce. This guy was apparently killed in December of 2001

Farce!

Why would this news have been hidden through two elections?

And who has been faking the videos of Osama that were made after 2001?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Why in gods name would America say he was dead if he wasn't ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭33

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Link please?

Try Google!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭constance tench

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

A myth ends in myth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Why would there be faked photos of Osama around? The only conclusion is that they're covering up something.

That picture has been doing the rounds for years and is a very very obvious fake. You must try harder.

I must try harder to find another fake picture?, I said fake picture, you asked for a link, then posted saying the pic I said was fake, was fake, what should I do now?:confused:, tell you it's not fake?, I can't make out what it is your trying to achieve here.

And that video you posted was posted a few hours ago, any links to earlier uploads of same video, I'm still confused as to what it is your trying to say I said wrong.

Look above the pic I posted and notice the word "SUPPOSED"

Try Google!

You made the claim so you need to back it up. It's just lazy to now direct us to Google.

He died years ago
    Why would there be faked photos of Osama around? The only conclusion is that they're covering up something.
    These fakes have been around for a long time. People fake all sorts of stuff, for all sorts of reasons.

Regarding the raid: says the BBC...
    The compound was about 3,000 sq yards in size but people from the area told the BBC that it was surrounded by 14ft-high walls, so not much could be seen of what was happening inside.
    The walls were topped by barbed wire and contained cameras.
    A big, fortified compound? Are there a lot of these in Pakistani cities? Does this mean that someone important was sheltering him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

They know this could result in some very nasty revenge attacks from the taliban. Why would they make it up and bring it upon themselves for no reason by making it up?

These fakes have been around for a long time. People fake all sorts of stuff, for all sorts of reasons.

Point taken.
    Regarding the raid: says the BBC...

A big, fortified compound? Are there a lot of these in Pakistani cities? Does this mean that someone important was sheltering him?

Maybe, It's been alleged that the pakistani government knew where he was by G.W. Bush a few years back.

The Americans NEED to provide irrefutable evidence that Osama is dead, it's a bit fishy the whole buried at sea bollocks.

You made the claim so you need to back it up. It's just lazy to now direct us to Google.

Wait your saying that pic has been doing the rounds for years, show me an earlier link to it please.

It's like you dimissed it being fake by asking for a link, then realised it was and said it's been doing the rounds for years, can you now please link to an earlier version of this pic that has been doing the rounds for years, it should be fairly easy, constance supplied a link about the fake photoshopped picture, now can you show the earlier version of the same picture your talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

I'm not buying that number either. The case against them is strong enough without diminishing your argument with that sort of nonsense.

Well you should think about buying that number pal. The Lancet, which employed what was widely regarded as "best practice" methods for estimating the death toll had the figure at 600,000 as of mid-2006:

http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/iraq

The US has sprayed so much lead around Iraq that they can't manufacture the bullets quick enough and have had to have Israel make up the shortfall. you think nobody gets killed there like some episode of the A-Team?

I'm guessing that you don't buy this figure simply because you don't WANT it to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    They know this could result in some very nasty revenge attacks from the taliban. Why would they make it up and bring it upon themselves for no reason by making it up?

Do you mean al-Qaeda?

They're always under threat from terrorist attack anyway, so I doubt it'll really make much difference.

• Advertisement

He died years ago

The Americans NEED to provide irrefutable evidence that Osama is dead, it's a bit fishy the whole buried at sea bollocks.

What nation would accept his body for burial?, Saudi refused to take it, can you imagine the trouble that would surround his burial site?

He died years ago
    Agreed. And re. the point about the Pakistani government knowing where he was - notice how the reports are stating that the US did NOT share the intelligence with the Pakistani government/intelligence on this occasion. I wonder how many times they have been foiled by leaks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Delighted this Evil scumbag is dead, but not sure what to believe. If he was as sick as they say he was how did he survive this long, also if living in a large compound with his family, why wasn't there info on this long ago.

Just delighted he is dead.

Forgive my scepticism, but isn't your reaction the kind of reaction that the Obama administration would hope to whip among U.S citizens particularly new yorkers.

No doubt we'll have the opportunity to pore over the details of whatever scraps we are thrown over the next day or two.

He died years ago
    Wait your saying that pic has been doing the rounds for years, show me an earlier link to it please.

It's like you dimissed it being fake by asking for a link, then realised it was and said it's been doing the rounds for years, can you now please link to an earlier version of this pic that has been doing the rounds for years, it should be fairly easy, constance supplied a link about the fake photoshopped picture, now can you show the earlier version of the same picture your talking about.

Try google!

What nation would accept his body for burial?, Saudi refused to take it, can you imagine the trouble that would surround his burial site?

You'd imagine they'd take a few pics of him and pics of them dumping him into the sea, surely someone had a camera phone?

The soldiers use this military grade cell phone which has a camera

samsunga3871.jpg

http://gizmodo.com/#!5042411/samsung-a837-details-hit-tough-to-military-specs-star-trek+alike-grill

Are we to believe nobody even took a trophy photo?

He died years ago
    Well you should think about buying that number pal. The Lancet, which employed what was widely regarded as "best practice" methods for estimating the death toll had the figure at 600,000 as of mid-2006:

http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/iraq

The US has sprayed so much lead around Iraq that they can't manufacture the bullets quick enough and have had to have Israel make up the shortfall. you think nobody gets killed there like some episode of the A-Team?

I'm guessing that you don't buy this figure simply because you don't WANT it to be true.
    :confused:

Your number is 250% of the Lancet figure, and is the Lancet figure really for violent deaths in Iraq?

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/ has a number of around 100,000 - most of whom were killed by Islamic militants.

And please do not enter the speculative realm of what I do or don't want to believe (which you can't possibly know), and I'll treat you with the same degree of respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Link please?

Well it's funny but Bin Laden's "alleged" remains in that image look younger than he looked 10 years ago and this guy is supposed to have been living in caves amd dying of kidney failure. Sh!t, his beard is even a nice rich dark black instead of the ragged grey job in the videos from 2006 or 2004 (especially that one releaseed just before Bush ran for a second term).

Take a look at someone who DOESN'T require dialysis and who has been homeless for 10 years and I can pretty much guarantee you're going to see someone who's pretty aged and weathered.

Nah....I mentioned earlier that this farcical Bin Laden "killing" was to provide the cover for withdrawal of US troops and also to comfort all those dummies who will think "our heroes did not die in vain" or some such crap as "closure" that these fools always seem to need.

It could also be a convenient smoke screen to deflect away from the US murder of 3 of Ghadaffi's grand-children on Saturday. Why are they targeting residential houses? Likely that even the dumbest of American warmongers might express some smidgen of unease at that killing so how better to deflect from it than with this bin Laden bullsh!t!

He died years ago
    Someone could make a fortune charging terrorist sympathisers to come and lay flowers on it. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

• Advertisement

He died years ago
    It could also be a convenient smoke screen to deflect away from the US murder of 3 of Ghadaffi's grand-children on Saturday. Why are they targeting residential houses? Likely that even the dumbest of American warmongers might express some smidgen of unease at that killing so how better to deflect from it than with this bin Laden bullsh!t!
    Or it could be that the largest, richest and most effective military and intelligence forces in the world have been hunting for a guy for ten years, and finally caught up with him? If it was staged, I imagine Obama would have wanted it a lot closer to the next election. People have short memories. The Yanks have already forgotten that W started those wars and trashed the economy.

Advertisement