Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What really happened Osama bin Laden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

He is alive and well somewhere
    What nation would accept his body for burial?, Saudi refused to take it, can you imagine the trouble that would surround his burial site?

Craggy Island....
    Charge 50p per visit (included in price a plastic cup of Robinsons Orange)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I would love some Robinsons Orane right now :D

I really find it hard to believe that they just dumped his body into the sea!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

:confused:

Your number is 250% of the Lancet figure, and is the Lancet figure really for violent deaths in Iraq?

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/ has a number of around 100,000 - most of whom were killed by Islamic militants.

And please do not enter the speculative realm of what I do or don't want to believe (which you can't possibly know), and I'll treat you with the same degree of respect.

Ehhh.......because 250% more TIME has elapsed since 2006 :rolleyes:

The Lancet figure is those civilian casualties over and above what would have been expected per annum prior to the invasion. How can you possibly put any faith in the farcical iraqbodycount figure. It's completely flawed. There are some 5million displaced Iraqis both internally and externally. It is estimated that 1 in every 4 Iraqi children is an orphan. And you're going to believe that only a paltry 100,000 civilians have been killed aand of course not one of them was killed by Western forces, right. They were ALL killed by islamic militants, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

He died years ago
    Buried at sea and no supporting photographic evidence? It's almost as if they wanted a wave of conspiracy theories to follow this news..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

He died years ago
    So the death rate has remained exactly constant?
    The Lancet figure is those civilian casualties over and above what would have been expected per annum prior to the invasion. How can you possibly put any faith in the farcical iraqbodycount figure. It's completely flawed. There are some 5million displaced Iraqis both internally and externally. It is estimated that 1 in every 4 Iraqi children is an orphan. And you're going to believe that only a paltry 100,000 civilians have been killed aand of course not one of them was killed by Western forces, right. They were ALL killed by islamic militants, right?
    What the hell are you talking about? Do you read what I am saying at all?

Meh, I've better things to do than try to discuss something with somebody who isn't interested in what I am saying.

• Advertisement

Why would there be faked photos of Osama around? The only conclusion is that they're covering up something.

Why not? The US constantly covers sh!t up and releases bogus news stories for the gullible masses of docile drones who believe everything they're told. Remember that staged hoax of a rescue of Jessica Lynch. She even came out and said it was a farce and people refused to believe it...even though the main actor in the episode said it was fake. That's the kind of brainless non-thinkers you're dealing with here.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

He died years ago

:confused: Ok 250% more time, more time than what? the period covered in the report I am guessing?

The problem is that deaths do not progress on an exact rate with time, saying x people died in this period so that means 2x will die a period twice as long is oversimplifying.

:confused: Ok 250% more time, more time than what? the period covered in the report I am guessing?

The problem is that deaths do not progress on an exact rate with time, saying x people died in this period so that means 2x will die a period twice as long is oversimplifying.

Why did you even bring up the 250% increase then? That's an estimate. Between 2003 and 2006 the Lancet estimates that over 600,000 Iraqis have died that would otherwise not have prior to the invasion. So in 3 years 600,000 have died. By the same means it is estimated that in the subsequent 5 years from 2006 to 2011 that figure has to over 1.4 million. Nobody's saying that the deaths are calculated as an exact science but why did you express such disbelief that the death toll could have more than doubled in the 5 years following 2006? Did you expect that once the Lancet study was concluded, then nobody died any more?

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    They know this could result in some very nasty revenge attacks from the taliban. Why would they make it up and bring it upon themselves for no reason by making it up?

Why would the Taliban conduct revenge attacks following the death of someone they generally don't give a fcuk about? You are aware that the Taliban do not have any great fondness for foreigners including arab foreigners, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

He died years ago
    Why did you even bring up the 250% increase then?

Because I was replying to your post and asking a question.
    Nobody's saying that the deaths are calculated as an exact science but why did you express such disbelief that the death toll could have more than doubled in the 5 years following 2006? Did you expect that once the Lancet study was concluded, then nobody died any more?

Please point out were in my post I expressed disbelief?
    confused.gif Ok 250% more time, more time than what? the period covered in the report I am guessing?

I have no idea how many people have been killed, as I posted before stating that x people died in y period therfore 2x people will die in 2y period is oversimplifying.

• Advertisement

Or it could be that the largest, richest and most effective military and intelligence forces in the world have been hunting for a guy for ten years, and finally caught up with him? If it was staged, I imagine Obama would have wanted it a lot closer to the next election. People have short memories. The Yanks have already forgotten that W started those wars and trashed the economy.

Surely you jest. The American military and intelligence forces are some of the most incompetent and inept dolts on the planet. Any Brit who worked along side these clowns will tell you that. Yeah, their crack intelligence services have banged up hundreds of "high-value" targets in Guantanamo 95% of whom are completely innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Buried at sea and no supporting photographic evidence? It's almost as if they wanted a wave of conspiracy theories to follow this news..

According to CNN, there are pictures of his body. They say even though he was shot in the head he will still be recognizable. The photos just haven't been released yet.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Won't be long before there is another 'face of terror'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

iamstop wrote: »
    Won't be long before there is another 'face of terror'.

Aliens next time! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

He died years ago
    It could also be a convenient smoke screen to deflect away from the US murder of 3 of Ghadaffi's grand-children on Saturday. Why are they targeting residential houses? Likely that even the dumbest of American warmongers might express some smidgen of unease at that killing so how better to deflect from it than with this bin Laden bullsh!t!

It's speculated that it was Norwegian jets that bombed Gadaffis compound, not American. Also your figures for the number of people killed in Iraq by American forces are way inflated, most would have been killed by insurgents.

I think he it is him, there's no real reason why they'd just bring it about now, surely the republicans could have used it to boost Bush/McCain in the last elections if it was all planned and easy to fake. Also saying he was killed in 2001 and the videos since are fake is a bit suspect, surely the Russians or any competent security agency would point out the flaws and show the Americans up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

If the pictures are released, won't people just claim they're fakes anyway?

Superficially it looks bogey to bury him at sea, but it makes more sense than having to worry about a shrine, etc.

I'd expect that there were plenty of pictures taken, and they'll hopefully be released in the next few days.

Dave! wrote: »

Superficially it looks bogey to bury him at sea, but it makes more sense than having to worry about a shrine, etc.

Video of them dumping him overboard would be nice, someone must have a trophy video or photo like the ones that emerged of saddams execution.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Well, he was shot in the head, so it would be understandable if people questioned them. Hard to know until the pictures are released though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hookah

Video of them dumping him overboard would be nice, someone must have a trophy video or photo like the ones that emerged of saddams execution.

Easily rustled up.

Fake!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

He died years ago
    The picture which is already doing the rounds shows how easy it would be to fake, and also how willing some people are to accept fakes as evidence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ninky

i think i ust posted in the wrong place(sorry):o

it does sound abit scripted..

how fitting, killing the mythical extremist leader bin laden EXACTLY 10 yrs after 9/11

*this has boosted american joe public morale..more will be sucked in to giving their lives to the oil barrens of the west..well more troops are needed in libya atleast

*well timed..US election campaigns start soon

*He was so hated..why NOT show a picture of him before dumping him at sea?

*He's apparently killed in a military centre of pakistan..americas claiming to have carried this out without telling pakistani officials..how is this possible without the co-operation of the locals....not possible,pakistan probably wants to avoid the public backlash so doesn't want to be associated with it.OR this is just an excuse for pakistan to appear rogue and america to claw its way in to pakistan now..more deaths

(I don't like politics)

He died years ago
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

This story came from several trusted news agencys, so it must be true. 'Hurray OBL is dead', even if he did / didn't do anything. :rolleyes:

The picture which is already doing the rounds shows how easy it would be to fake, and also how willing some people are to accept fakes as evidence.

That's a good point, and because of that picture doing the rounds on the net, the real one's when released will be labelled fake as well.

He died years ago
    ninky wrote: »
    how fitting, killing the mythical extremist leader bin laden EXACTLY 10 yrs after 9/11
    Um...the first of May 2011 is not EXACLTY ten years after September 11th 2001. It's a lot closer to EXACTLY :) nine and a half years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

This ;).

Um...the first of May 2011 is not EXACLTY ten years after September 11th 2001. It's a lot closer to EXACTLY :) nine and a half years.

Guess who's death was announced this day 66 years ago?

He died years ago
    Hookah wrote: »
    Guess who's death was announced this day 66 years ago?
    Satan? Yeah, the Hitler thing. Again, I'd see a coincidence like that as evidence in favour of randomness, rather than something organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

coadyd wrote: »
    come on ... Buried at sea ??? total Boll***.

That confirmed to be thats its all BS.

• Advertisement

Satan? Yeah, the Hitler thing. Again, I'd see a coincidence like that as evidence in favour of randomness, rather than something organised.

Just an observation.

Advertisement