Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What really happened Osama bin Laden

Options
  • 02-05-2011 3:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

Slan Agus Abhaille!

Conspiracy no more!

Already confirmed by several news sources that the US in in possession of his remains.

What really happened with Bin Laden? 300 votes

He was killed in the US raid
    0%
    He died years ago
    58%
    Dotsie~tmpmeglomeZascarGordonseamusWashoutdougalrameiremijuPatamanct_royhardCopyKingp35cdbAkrasiaPsyduckabisFrank Spencerxabigizmo 174 votes
    He is alive and well somewhere
    32%
    LudoDrag00n79rabbitinlightsSkerriesbeansBrian017WibbsRoyale with CheesebillymitchellMorporkspuriousIvaBigWunaidan24326mayotomMahatma coatmirwillbebackJesus Wept2qk4uDr. Baltaraf_thefragile 96 votes
    I am unsure/ Open to all possibilities.
    10%
    [Deleted User]seanybikerjam_mac_jamT17cHJJJJNRirishpaddyGillingtonSea DevilskrissovoDrumStevedeelitesmurfy89DEVEREUXmoomandoc hollidayziggy23caseyannAarsie5statto25clonadlad 30 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

i'm in shock tbh
    never thought he'd be got
    and thought if he did die the taliban would bury him and never be found so he'd always be a boogeyman of sorts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

He died years ago
    jmolloy wrote: »
    i'm in shock tbh
    never thought he'd be got
    and thought if he did die the taliban would bury him and never be found so he'd always be a boogeyman of sorts

Me too.

Is Obama sending Bush a message? This is the 8th Anniversary of the "mission accomplished" statement. Seems like a slap in the face.

Still no details. Obama was scheduled to speak at 10:30.

At that time there were a lot of concerning posts online. For example, CNN had at the top of their site: President to Speak at 10:30 - Topic Unannounced." I have never seen anything like that.

Almost an hour later and still nothing.

So far only bits and pieces about a drone attack.
    <edit>
    Now confirmed as a raid and he was killed during a shoot out.

Further releases claiming a head shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Seriously??? Is everyone buying this?????/

Ok brief recap, Osama Bin Laden has been dead for years. This was and still is considered common knowledge in Pakistan. Actually just read this article.

http://www.infowars.com/red-alert-government-had-osama-bin-laden-frozen-for-years/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

He died years ago

Ok brief recap, Osama Bin Laden has been dead for years. This was and still is considered common knowledge in Pakistan. Actually just read this article.

http://www.infowars.com/red-alert-government-had-osama-bin-laden-frozen-for-years/

And why do you buy your link? I think you'll find it isn't really common knowledge in Pakistan at all

The only real conspiracy is that Obama timed it as a smackdown to the wannabe Trump, hilariously the statement came right in the middle of his Celebrity Apprentice show.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Delighted this Evil scumbag is dead, but not sure what to believe. If he was as sick as they say he was how did he survive this long, also if living in a large compound with his family, why wasn't there info on this long ago.

Just delighted he is dead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

He died years ago

I think they will be well aware that everybody, especially the Muslim world, will be slow to buy this without proof (DNA evidence, body etc) so I doubt they are doing it just for show.

The clash with 'The Apprentice' is hilarious though :D

By the way, why wouldn't you question the reliability of the sources cited on the InfoWars site? For example...
    In February, 2004, Iranian state radio claimed Osama bin Laden had been captured in Pakistan’s border region with Afghanistan “a long time ago.” Pentagon and Pakistani officials denied the report. “Osama bin Laden has been arrested a long time ago, but Bush is intending to use it for propaganda maneuvering in the presidential election,” the radio report said.

...and, from Alex Jones himself:
    “I have it from high level [sources] from inside the Bush administration…that bin Laden died of natural causes and that his family has given the body to the CIA, that they’re gonna roll him out right before the election, that he’s on ice right now. They will claim they killed him right before the election,” Alex said at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭PAULWATSON

Killed in A-BAD-A-BAD.

These story writers openly mock the masses.

Osama was whacked over 9 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭coadyd

come on ... Buried at sea ??? total Boll***.

He died years ago
    coadyd wrote: »
    come on ... Buried at sea ??? total Boll***.
    What? Who was buried at sea?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭coadyd

• Advertisement

He died years ago
    coadyd wrote: »
    I presume they got some decent proof that he's a gonner. It makes sense to bury him at sea so there will be no focal point for a shrine or whatever, but so soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Buddhapadge

I presume they got some decent proof that he's a gonner. It makes sense to bury him at sea so there will be no focal point for a shrine or whatever, but so soon?

Islamic tradition states that bodies have to be buried within 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭dubal

Makes sense too, no time for people to call for him to be buried this way and that way. Too late now.

Dubal

edit: Didn't realise it was tradition

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

can this be merged with the other thread with over 300 posts . I dont buy it until we actually see photos of the evil fcuk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Sky.com: Pakistani television stations earlier broadcast what they claimed was a photograph of the bloodied face of the world's most wanted man after he was killed, but this was later said to be a fake.

Unless they produce evidence that he was killed this is going to be another conspiracy theory ,buried at sea?
    From Sky reporter, Twitter:OBL living 100 yds from Pak Army = doubtful US told Paks anything about the op. Burial at sea = conspiracy theory but easier than a shrine

sky.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭lallychops

buried at sea?????? yeah right, most infamous leader ever, they kill him and yet bury him at sea? ill believe it when i see it!

He died years ago
    Indeed, but should the US be following Islamic tradition in this case?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

jimmynokia wrote: »
    can this be merged with the other thread with over 300 posts . I dont buy it until we actually see photos of the evil fcuk.

they'll need an underwater camera for that:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

He died years ago
    lallychops wrote: »
    buried at sea?????? yeah right, most infamous leader ever, they kill him and yet bury him at sea? ill believe it when i see it!

No nation would accept his body, Saudi refused, would you want him buried in your country? cant imagine that everyone who would go to the grave would be there to put flowers on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Im Only 71Kg

no believing this one bit...no footage of his death. no evidence of a shoot out ..are we expected to believe the word of the US government?...obama's running for a second term in office soon,is he not. they'll n doubt roll out a wax model of Osama looking all dead n all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Like the Americans have facilitated the burial within 24 hours of the 1.5 million that they've butchered in Iraq.
    I don't buy this crap.
    Americans must think they're dealing with complete morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

they are

Themselves !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Dont believe the whole story
    No film no pics and almost directly dumped in the sea
    Will have a big laugh when a vid is turning up a couple weeks later with a statement that he is still alive and say it wasnt me who is killed in the house in pakistan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

no believing this one bit...no footage of his death. no evidence of a shoot out ..are we expected to believe the word of the US government?...obama's running for a second term in office soon,is he not. they'll n doubt roll out a wax model of Osama looking all dead n all.

That's not evidence though. They would rarely release the footage of a covert op so quickly. You may be right to be suspicious, but I think it's a bit early.
    Like the Americans have facilitated the burial within 24 hours of the 1.5 million that they've butchered in Iraq.
    I don't buy this crap.

Putting aside the figures here, it's not the same situation at all- you're not responsible for the bodies of enemy combatants. This was a mission where the aim was to kill/capture a single wanted individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

He died years ago
    If he is not dead then announcing that he is deeply stupid, all it would take is Osama to release a video saying hi I'm alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭windsurfer99ie

He died years ago

Why would a Republican administration allow a subsequent Democrat President to take the credit for this ?

Please provide evidence for your "common knowledge in Pakistan" assertion from a reputable news source.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Undergod wrote: »
    That's not evidence though. They would rarely release the footage of a covert op so quickly. You may be right to be suspicious, but I think it's a bit early.

Putting aside the figures here, it's not the same situation at all- you're not responsible for the bodies of enemy combatants. This was a mission where the aim was to kill/capture a single wanted individual.

You have it the wrong way round. The US changed the laws of war to suit themselves so the lines of who is and isn't an enemy combatant became blurred. Osama was an enemy combatant under these looser defintions but ordinary citizens that they slaughtered in Iraq certainly weren't.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

If he is not dead then announcing that he is deeply stupid, all it would take is Osama to release a video saying hi I'm alive.

It's not a question of whether he is dead or not but if he has just been killed by Obomber and flung into the sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

The whole thing is a complete farce. This guy was apparently killed in December of 2001 yet the Americans kept trotting out videos of him to ramp up the fear factor just like those cretinous colour-coded terror levels. What a crock. Obama has to start withdrawing US troops from Afghanistan this summer after their humiliating defeat there so this bogus Bin Laden pantomime will provide perfect cover for that defeat in that it will make the withdrawal appear to be a "Mission Accomplished" moment. And of course moronic Joe Public in the US will say "Woo-hoo!!! USA USA, See.....we won in Afghanistan!!"

Farce!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭33

Fake pictures, buried at sea, election on the way, something smells fishy and it ain't Osama.

supposed bloodied face of Osama
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e46_1304318901

LiveLeak-dot-com-c54dec4b2ad8-osama.jpg.resized.jpg?d5e8cc8eccfb6039332f41f6249e92b06c91b4db65f5e99818bad7924e47dfd2512b&ec_rate=350

http://www.liveleak.com/c/Death_of_Osama_bin_Laden

live tweet of the event
    ReallyVirtual
    Helicopter hovering above Abbottabad at 1AM (is a rare event).
    May 01, 2011, 7:58 PM

ReallyVirtual
    Go away helicopter - before I take out my giant swatter :-/
    May 01, 2011, 8:05 PM

ReallyVirtual
    A huge window shaking bang here in Abbottabad Cantt. I hope its not the start of something nasty :-S
    May 01, 2011, 8:09 PM

ReallyVirtual
    @m0hcin all silent after the blast, but a friend heard it 6 km away too... the helicopter is gone too.
    May 01, 2011, 8:44 PM

ReallyVirtual
    @m0hcin http://bit.ly/ljB6p6 seems like my giant swatter worked !
    May 01, 2011, 8:46 PM

ReallyVirtual
    @m0hcin the few people online at this time of the night are saying one of the copters was not Pakistani...
    May 01, 2011, 8:48 PM

ReallyVirtual
    RT @han3yy: OMG :S Bomb Blasts in Abbottabad.. I hope everyone is fine :(
    May 01, 2011, 8:50 PM

ReallyVirtual
    Since taliban (probably) don't have helicpoters, and since they're saying it was not "ours", so must be a complicated situation #abbottabad
    May 01, 2011, 9:02 PM

ReallyVirtual
    The abbottabad helicopter/UFO was shot down near the Bilal Town area, and there's report of a flash. People saying it could be a drone.
    May 01, 2011, 9:10 PM

ReallyVirtual
    @wqs figures, if they have the right to shoot planes flying over the president house, the must have the same instructions for PMA
    May 01, 2011, 9:14 PM

ReallyVirtual
    @smedica people are saying it was not a technical fault and it was shot down. I heard it CIRCLE 3-4 times above, sounded purposeful.
    May 01, 2011, 9:15 PM

ReallyVirtual
    @tahirakram very likely - but it was too noisy to be a spy craft, or, a very poor spy craft it was.
    May 01, 2011, 9:16 PM

ReallyVirtual
    Here's the location of the Abbottabad crash according to some people >>> http://on.fb.me/khjf34
    May 01, 2011, 9:34 PM

ReallyVirtual
    Two helicpoters, one down, could actually be the training accident scenario they're saying it was >> http://bit.ly/ioGE6O
    May 01, 2011, 9:43 PM

ReallyVirtual
    and now I feel I must apologize to the pilot about the swatter tweets :-/
    May 01, 2011, 10:05 PM

ReallyVirtual
    And now, a plane flying over Abbottabad...
    May 01, 2011, 10:39 PM

ReallyVirtual
    Interesting rumors in the otherwise uneventful Abbottabad air today
    May 02, 2011, 3:00 AM

ReallyVirtual
    Report from a taxi driver: The army has cordoned off the crash area and is conducting door-to-door search in the surrounding
    May 02, 2011, 3:02 AM

ReallyVirtual
    @kursed What really happened doesn't matter if there is an official story behind it that 99.999% of the world would believe
    May 02, 2011, 3:08 AM

ReallyVirtual
    @kursed Another rumor: two copters that followed the crashed one were foreign Cobras - and got away
    May 02, 2011, 3:10 AM

ReallyVirtual
    Report from a sweeper: A family also died in the crash, and one of the helicopter riders got away and is now being searched for.
    May 02, 2011, 3:21 AM

ReallyVirtual
    @kursed Well, there were at least two copters last night, I heard one but a friend heard two, for 15-20 minutes.
    May 02, 2011, 3:24 AM

ReallyVirtual
    @kursed I think I should take out my big blower to blow the fog of war away and see the clearer picture.
    May 02, 2011, 3:24 AM

ReallyVirtual
    RT @ISuckBigTime: Osama Bin Laden killed in Abbottabad, Pakistan.: ISI has confirmed it << Uh oh, there goes the neighborhood :-/
    May 02, 2011, 3:31 AM

ReallyVirtual
    I need to sleep, but Osama had to pick this day to die :-/
    May 02, 2011, 4:03 AM

ReallyVirtual
    Uh oh, now I'm the guy who liveblogged the Osama raid without knowing it.
    May 02, 2011, 4:41 AM

ReallyVirtual
    and here come the mails from the mainstream media... *sigh*
    May 02, 2011, 4:42 AM
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=637_1304323608

Advertisement