Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

It's something I really wouldn't give more than a seconds thought about. Like all podcasts (which are free!) I subscribe to, it makes little of no difference if two people listen to it or if millions listen to it.

Conrad and Bruce may be guilty of "buying tickets to themselves" but sure isn't that part of the wrestling business. If you could harvest the ego and BS that has been spouted over the years in pro wrestling you'd be a wealthy man.

What is the latest WMIII attendance detail? 2,012,800?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Listened to Cabanas podcast with Animal, could only manage about 15 mins of Animal exaggerating how amazing he was before I had to drop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Listened to Cabanas podcast with Animal, could only manage about 15 mins of Animal exaggerating how amazing he was before I had to drop it.

Animal always has go away heat with me on these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anyone recommend some of the better wrestling podcasts?

J. Marston wrote: »

Depends on what you're looking for. For news, the Wrestling Observer shows with Alvarez & Meltzer are probably the best, but they're behind a paywall. If nostalgia is your thing, Something To Wrestle With is king of that market and JJ Dillon's show is good for that as well. If you're looking for interviews, Jericho & Austin tend to be strong there, but you'll have to subscribe and delete about 5 shows from each where Steve talks hunting/beer/every day life & Jericho talks about whatever pop culture thing he's into this week before getting to their occasional interviews.

If you have particular wrestlers you're into, just hunt out their podcast specifically. So many of the guys have their own now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

J. Marston wrote: »

If you looking for Raw/Smackdown review the new Wai & Pollock show, Post Wrestling is the one I would go for. I listen to Meltzer & Alvarez for a bit, but Alvarez is overbearing. I had to turn it off.

For British Indy wrestling, has to be The Indy Corner Podcast. Really good coverage of Progress, ICW etc

Squared Circle Gazette is a bit of everything. There Monday night wars review show is my favorite one from them. The rest is a bit hit and miss and the lads are ain't as funny as they think.

The Powerslam podcast is via Inside the Ropes. It's great to hear Findlay Martin after all the years of reading Powerslam magazine (Which he was the main writer and editor). I just find the Raw/Smackdown review stuff a bit pointless by the time the show comes out. When it gets away from that it's a lot more interesting. But Kenny the co-host goes on a bit too much.

From an Irish viewpoint, there is, of course, OSW, but more of a video thing.
    Not sure if the Bottom Rope is still going but that was good but suffered the same problem as The Powerslam Podcast to focused on what happened on Raw/Smackdown, which would be out of date by the time the show came out.

The Attitude Era is 1/3 Irish with Kevin. Latest esp's getting good again. But Kevin is annoying as hell now, plugging How 2 Wrestling all the bloody time.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭chatticusfinch

Jim Cornette's podcasts, the Experience and the Drive Thru are pretty good for classic wrestling. Not for everyone, but I really enjoy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Had high hopes for Ricky Mortons podcast but it didn't hit the spot. I'm hoping Animal brings out a podcast where he compares himself to every name wrestler in the last 5 decades and tells us (the avid listener) why he's more talented, interesting, engaging, intelligent and artistic despite being just a guy with a roid belly from a successful tag team in the 80's/90's.

If you looking for Raw/Smackdown review the new Wai & Pollock show, Post Wrestling is the one I would go for. I listen to Meltzer & Alvarez for a bit, but Alvarez is overbearing. I had to turn it off.

The Powerslam podcast is via Inside the Ropes. It's great to hear Findlay Martin after all the years of reading Powerslam magazine (Which he was the main writer and editor). I just find the Raw/Smackdown review stuff a bit pointless by the time the show comes out. When it gets away from that it's a lot more interesting. But Kenny the co-host goes on a bit too much.

I find Meltzer overbearing more so than Alvarez. Dave has a distinct inability to allow no-one he ever converses with have a different opinion. It's so obnoxious. Bryan with his Kermit the frog voice can be a bit much by times but I find him funny.

I really really wanted to like the Powerslam show because of Fin & PS but the co-host offers nothing and sadly at this point I don't feel like Fin provides any insight or analysis now - plus the show comes out at the weekend and is always dated by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Honestly find meltzer and especally alverez unbearable these days very rarely can listen to them for a sustained period

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Thanks for the recommendations, guys.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Working through Pollock and Ting's Xmas special. Just hit a very familiar voice in the list of interviews, Mr Hunter :P

So glad the two are back and properly set up now. Been a pain in the ass having to download via their site. Thrilled they seem to have landed on their feet. Never actually sponsored someone on Paetron before but tempted for those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

I need to check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

4 hours was probably a bit much. I genuinely haven't a clue about what the tiers get in terms of content as after announcing Raw/Smackdown is free they then announce other shows I think are under their post wrestling umbrella so to speak. :/
    I like John & Wai but have absolutely zero interest in British Audio Wrestling or anything involving Braden Harrington; after Chris Charlton left I stopped listening to JAW too.
    Kinda confusing Keep it 2000 is coming back which is great; love Nate & Brian is a great host. Even if they have no timeframe on the return yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

ERG89 wrote: »
    Kinda confusing Keep it 2000 is coming back which is great; love Nate & Brian is a great host. Even if they have no timeframe on the return yet :(

They were unreliable uploading previously. Only felt like they did a handful of shows in the end.

Interesting to see were jericho goes after this although i havent listened to him since talk n shop was on

https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/946683236050132992

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

oh, ok. I thought he was already gone with his Jericho Podcast Network. Best to be his own umbrella!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Working through Pollock and Ting's Xmas special. Just hit a very familiar voice in the list of interviews, Mr Hunter :P

Cheers mate! Bit manic recording that on Tuesday last week! Can't listen to myself on interviews back, hopefully wasn't too much of an idiot :P
    ERG89 wrote: »

The lads said they wanted to have a couple in the bag before relaunching, so there's no delay! Best foot forward and all that.

As an aside, (I told them after we were on their Arquette show) i felt a bit responsible for their last show (Keep it 100)'s format ballooned in production time and ultimately stopped! But I'm v happy to hear they'll be back on Post Wrestling. Probably kick off in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

New one I came across: 2 Irish fans review 2017 in wrestling. Voices of Wrestling have added it to their feed. Pretty good as it's broad beyond the scope of WWE.

https://t.co/vvplUVMMyS?amp=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Can't find Jericho's new podcast anywhere. That new site he's on doesn't actually have any links to their podcasts. If it's behind a paywall it can lie down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Can't find Jericho's new podcast anywhere. That new site he's on doesn't actually have any links to their podcasts. If it's behind a paywall it can lie down.

I subscribed to Jericho’s podcast on the apple podcast app and the latest episode downloaded no hassle. He’s part of Westwood One now.

Was on that Westwood site but no joy finding anything. I don't use itunes, it's a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,339 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Has anyone ever interviewed Mean Gene on a pod I'd love to here some of his stories.

Has anyone ever interviewed Mean Gene on a pod I'd love to here some of his stories.

i think flair and JR have

Sean Mooney did too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I wasnt aware of Mooney being in the podcasting agme, he any good? How connected to the Business is he these days?

He does a few autograph sessions here and there. He only talks to wrestlers who were in the WWF when he was there, so some interesting characters. He's on here http://www.mlwradio.com/prime-time-with--hacksaw--jim-duggan---sean-mooney.html

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I use podcast addict for my podcasting needs and it automatically switched the feed for me to his new station, if you wanna give that a try.

any listen to jericho and omega yet?

would like to listen but jericho can be insufferable praising himself at times like anytime he mentions him and hbk from 2008

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

sky88 wrote: »
    any listen to jericho and omega yet?

would like to listen but jericho can be insufferable praising himself at times like anytime he mentions him and hbk from 2008

It’s exactly that but it’s also very interesting as they go through the whole process of putting it together then DVD commentary style chat about the match itself.

Advertisement